Nitecore InteliCharger i4 Review

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've purchased several of these, for my own use and for gifts. I really like the simplicity and automation...hard to do anything wrong, and you don't have to worry about setting it up first.

Thanks for the review!

cigarbufff

Newly Enlightened
I've purchased several of these, for my own use and for gifts. I really like the simplicity and automation...hard to do anything wrong, and you don't have to worry about setting it up first.

Thanks for the review!

Thanks for watching man. Its true its just sooo easy and it works!!!

stringybark

Newly Enlightened
This is the first Charger I bought. I have a couple of units for work & private use and also recommended the unit to others.
I like the simplicity of the product.
Thanks for the review

cigarbufff

Newly Enlightened
This is the first Charger I bought. I have a couple of units for work & private use and also recommended the unit to others.
I like the simplicity of the product.
Thanks for the review

Thx for watching. Ya I love it....sooo easy to use

Astroscanner

Newly Enlightened
I very recently bought the "NITECORE i2 (New 2014 version)" which in the description on the Amazon product page includes a note that it is a "(2 Bay version of i4)" so hopefully it will perform as well as the i4 version. (I haven't used it yet).

WriteAway

Newly Enlightened
Nice video overview!

The label on the charger in the video does not mention ni-cd batteries. The Battery Junction website description says this model does charge ni-cd. Can anyone say for certain whether it will safely charge that style of battery? I have some old devices that require that chemistry to work properly.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice video overview!

The label on the charger in the video does not mention ni-cd batteries. The Battery Junction website description says this model does charge ni-cd. Can anyone say for certain whether it will safely charge that style of battery? I have some old devices that require that chemistry to work properly.

I haven't personally tested it, just because I don't have any NiCads to test with. But Nitecore's own website lists AAA-C NiCads as officially supported. I think they just ran out of room on the label. Should work fine.

Astroscanner

Newly Enlightened
Nice video overview!

On the Amazon product page for the i4 it says:

"NITECORE i4 (New 2014 version) Intellicharge universal smart battery Charger For Li-ion / IMR / Ni-MH/ Ni-Cd 26650 22650 18650 18490 18350 17670 17500 17335 16340 RCR123 14500 10440 AA AAA AAAA C types, with 2 X EdisonBright AA to D type battery spacer/converters"

and:

• New upgraded version Capable of charging 4 batteries of different types simultaneously
  • Compatible with and identifies Li-ion (26650, 22650, 18650, 17670, 18490, 17500, 18350, 16340(RCR123), 14500, 10440), Ni-MH and Ni-Cd (AA, AAA, AAAA, C) rechargeable batteries

also that page says:

"The Intellicharge i4 is a universal, automatic smart-charger compatible with almost all types of rechargeable batteries thus eliminating the need to own several chargers. The i4 is able to automatically identify Li-ion, Ni-MH and Ni-Cd rechargeable batteries and apply an appropriate charging mode (Constant Charge Current (CC), Constant Charge Voltage (CV) and Trickle Charge)."

Last edited:

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've owned this charger for over a year now, and I love the simplicity. The only complaints I've heard is that it can be slow to recharge, but that doesn't bother me. I like that it is simple, effective, charges correctly, and charges both Eneloop and Li-ion batteries.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've owned my I4 for 2 years now, and at first I only used it maybe 2 times a week. But about 16 months ago I started using a different type of e-cigarette which uses 18650 batteries, and the mechanical mod I use burns through hi draw 18650 1 a day! Plus, now I use rechargeable batteries for everything that use batteries, so I am running my I4 every day now.... I have been using it every day for several months, and its worked like a charm every time. The batteries come off of it consistently charged to the same, safe voltage.

I paid $25 for mine, but I hear you can find them for $20 or under, which is a fantastic deal for a good product that helps disprove the popular notion that inexpensive products made outside the US, Europe, Aus or the UK are inferior in most or all cases.

Besides, how many chargers out there will safely charge so many different battery types and chemistries?

Last edited:

Shuutr

Newly Enlightened
As a relative novice in the area, I'll throw in my 2 cents: I really like the simplicity and the reviews here have given me peace of mind in the quality for what little paces I plan to put it through. Easier the better. The harder to mess up the better.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm also very happy with the i4 and have had it for about a year and a half so far. My dad's i4 has also worked flawlessly since I got it for him a year ago. There is nothing to mess with and they just work.

Newtolights

Newly Enlightened
Great review!

Im new to all this - and picked the Nitecore i2 based on online reviews, and was very pleased with it out of the box. I'm really glad to see a solid review of the i4 and all the positive comments thus far. Wishing I got the 4 :)

Astroscanner

Newly Enlightened
Great review!

Im new to all this - and picked the Nitecore i2 based on online reviews, and was very pleased with it out of the box. I'm really glad to see a solid review of the i4 and all the positive comments thus far. Wishing I got the 4 :)

I got the i2 also recently (the cost was covered by an Amazon gift card except for a few cents, so it was almost like getting it free) and it was listed as a 2 bay version of the i4 so I figured it should work as good as the i4. Later on I'll likely get an i4 and be able to charge 6 batteries at a time between the two chargers which would be good since two of my flashlights use 6 AA batteries each. Besides I'll get another 2 of those AA to D adapters they include with the charger :)

I have two 14500 batteries also (my Coast HP1 flashlight can use a 14500 so the i2 is good for that too)

Treeguy

Enlightened
I think I`m going to order one of these things today. I was thinking of the La Crosse chargers, but the versatility and price and reviews on the i4 look really good.

Maybe order a couple o`Eneloops at the same time. :D

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I`m going to order one of these things today. I was thinking of the La Crosse chargers, but the versatility and price and reviews on the i4 look really good.

Maybe order a couple o`Eneloops at the same time. :D

If you are using it primarily for Eneloops, you should read the reviews carefully before you buy. It is quite good for lithium-ion - for NiMH it is passable, but not good. Doesn't have true dv/dt termination.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...ew-of-Charger-NiteCore-Intellicharger-i4-2014

Treeguy

Enlightened
If you are using it primarily for Eneloops, you should read the reviews carefully before you buy. It is quite good for lithium-ion - for NiMH it is passable, but not good. Doesn't have true dv/dt termination.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...ew-of-Charger-NiteCore-Intellicharger-i4-2014

:sigh:

Honestly, I don`t know my keester from my kernoodle when it comes to things electronic, so I`m going purely on other people`s opinions.

The La Crosse bc500 it is available here for $40. (I like to buy from Amazon.ca but their selection is limited.) Would that be a good charger choice for Eneloops?