18650 recommendation for NiteCore SRT-6

pilou

Enlightened
I have a NiteCore SRT6 on the way. What 18650 would fit fine in this light?

Thx.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nitecore sizes the SRT line-up generously. Pretty sure ANY 18650 would fit. Keeppower 3400 or SoShine 3400 would be my top picks...SoShine is a little cheaper, and Keeppowers are a little more expensive but hold voltage slightly better under load. Either one is cheaper than most other name brand 18650s, and both types have proven to be high quality/reliable for me.

zebraa

Newly Enlightened
MtnElectronics has protected 3400 panasonics for much less. They work well.

pilou

Enlightened
18650 recommendation: Nitecore, Orbtronics, what else?

I am looking for something of decent quality at decent price.

Nitecore 2600mAh: about $14. Seems overpriced. Is the cell under the wrapper any better than what's in the Ultrafires? Is the protection circuit quality better? The 3100mAh version is $21! Maybe there are better prices around.

Orbtronics 3100mAh ($12): it claims to be a Panasonic (great) with a Seiko protection circuit. Are the protection circuits installed reliably? Compared to the Nitecore, it seems like a no-brainer. Is there a catch?

Any other recommendations? I am not a heavy user, but I don't want to buy something of bad quality that will leak/blow up :D

PS: I also came across Thrunite: two 3400mAh Panasonics for about $30.

Last edited:

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 18650 recommendation: Nitecore, Orbtronics, what else?

I generally run naked cells, in my single cell lights, but Keeppower, EagleTac, International-Outdoors, Effest, most light manufacturers, among others, all use good quality cells.

The key is in knowing what cells are actually being used, since the generic stuff can sometimes have the same listed capacities as the Big 5, so it can get confusing.

Chris

pilou

Enlightened
Two identical threads Merged - Norm

My apologies. I have been a little scattered brain lately. After writing that "I came across" the Thrunites, I noticed/realized that someone had already recommended them in response to my original question :ironic:

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast