? - :

Campsite - In the Forest !

Forest near Marlborough - Easy to get to from M4/London
Proper facilities (no showers on-site)
http://www.campingintheforest.co.uk/...-hill-campsite
SN8 4ND

Forest Chosen

Site related info.

No group booking system unless all booked together at one time.
They can add a note of the first booking reference number to link up bookings, but there are no pre-allocated spaces anyway so it is just as available on arrival. Bookings are made with a central agency or you can pay on arrival.

There is currently a 15% discount code on the booking site. See below for details. CITFSEP14

The warden says we can arrive and pitch from 10:00 and I will try to get there as early as possible to get a good space for us if I can !!!

Probably no need to book as not to busy, but best of course to be sure (they like to get the non refundable money in if they can !) an there is now a 15% discount !

There are single discounts and a Backpacker Rate (50%) for those pitching without a car, but you have to phone to get Backpacker Rate as not available via website.

Single camper with car is £10.87 on the day.

Backpacker rate only if you walk in, and check in, separately from any car or other motorised vehicle - Eco discount !
You can't be seen being dropped off !!!

15% Discount code for the Booking Site

CITFSEP14

Gives : £9.24 for a single camper with code. Code applied on last page with payment.

Near Calne - Further from M4/London
Full facilities
http://www.blacklandlakes.co.uk/prices/index.php?s=1
SN11 0NQ

Last edited:

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please count me in :)

Both options look good, although I think the forrest would be better.

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unfortunately the busiest coaching session of the entire year for the university archery club is on 20th Sept, so I'll have to miss this meet :(

Tofty

Enlightened
Sounds good, I'd love to come along.

Closer is always better, so I'd prefer the Forest campsite, but I don't really mind.

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast
would it be a return to London on Sunday 21th afternoon ?

Most likely for those coming from London, yes.

Normally have to leave campsite by noon - We could then go to a Pub for lunch or as people wish . . .

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cheers Petrev for the heads up.

Sooooo for someone who does not camp, what is the minimum I would require? A kit list if you will. I can borrow a sleeping bag from my daughter, I have a torch (or 2).

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cheers Petrev for the heads up.

Sooooo for someone who does not camp, what is the minimum I would require? A kit list if you will. I can borrow a sleeping bag from my daughter, I have a torch (or 2).

:thumbsup:

Minimum - Tent, LiLo or bed mat of some kind, and a good warm sleeping bag (it can be cold at night in September !!!)

Some kind soul may have some spare kit ?!! with luck.

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
:thumbsup:

Minimum - Tent, LiLo or bed mat of some kind, and a good warm sleeping bag (it can be cold at night in September !!!)

Some kind soul may have some spare kit ?!! with luck.

Sounds like a plan, I can beg and borrow from friends too. I might need to be in the far corner of the field as my wife says I snore, all lies , never heard myself snore, so can't be true. :whistle:

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like a plan, I can beg and borrow from friends too. I might need to be in the far corner of the field as my wife says I snore, all lies , never heard myself snore, so can't be true. :whistle:

It's all nonsense. Women are always making things up, especially snooring. They use it as a bargaining chip :whistle:

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Won't be able to sleep over. Berkshire county show that weekend so I'll go home late Saturday so's I can take the family to the show on Sunday. In fact, as you are in the area, think about going along. Huge show and usually really good if you like that sort of thing.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone have anything new. Lights, watches etc? I have nothing new :(