• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Double, double toil and trouble

ajl

Newly Enlightened
Good luck with securing your property against the approaching storms. I always felt a little storm, once every few years, was actually constructive to help flush the accumulated brush & trash from the keys and South Florida.

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you. We are hoping for the best. Hopefully hurricanes Izelle and Julio downgrade into tropical storms. We have been very fortunate ever since 1992 (Hurricane Iniki)

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Next couple days could be interesting! The weather has been ideal and great visibility in the water. But............

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take care, secure what you can and be safe.

Mother nature can be tricky. Last summer when my family was in NY on vacation, there was a beautiful sunset. Really beautiful even by Swiss standards. I decided to go on the balcony outside my bedroom to take pictures to send them. I set up the tripod and took a picture. Then I felt a wind on my back. I turned around - black clouds rapidly approaching. I quickly got my equipment and went inside. It was a violent hail storm. It took 15 minutes to pass through and dropped hail stones the size of golf balls. Ruined the entire crop in the vineyard next to my house. Also put some interesting dings in my bbq. So please don't let the current, wonderful weather make you complacent.

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Izelle and Julio will be interesting, luckily I've got a supply of cr123s to feed my various McGizmo torches. :)

-Mayo :popcorn: