Lost my edc need a replacement

Haroldlutsen

Newly Enlightened
Hello guys kinda upset I lost my Eagletac D25a Ti AA light and need a replacement. I'm thinking of getting the sc52 as a alternative replacement but I really am happy with the AA titanium eagletac. I keep it in my front pocket of my jeans and am worried about the shape of the zebralight vs the D25. I like the way the d25 fits and the size is almost unnoticeable. Who has both and any thoughts on which is better pocket clip edc vs output vs user interface. I had the d25 for a long time and just curious about something different thanks

jimboutilier

Enlightened
I have both the SC52 and D25ATi. They are both great lights in their own way. From a carry perspective I prefer the cylinder shape of the D25A over the bulbous headed SC52 - but honestly the head on the SC52 is not all that big so doesn't really interfere with its carry-ability - its more an appearance thing. I also prefer the more flexible clip of the D25A over the very rigid clip on the SC52 - but unless you are clipping it to very thin material the SC52 clip holds well. While I like the UI of the D25A I love the UI of the SC52. I believe the SC52 has greater efficiency and a floodier beam as well, which makes it a nice EDC option. I also love the battery strength indicator on the SC52.

I like them both and carry them both (one at a time) regularly. I think I have a slight preference for the SC52 in actual use but I prefer the appearance of the D25ATi

Haroldlutsen

Newly Enlightened
Thanks I ordered a sc52 cool white should be here on Tuesday I'll give it a shot seems to be a lot of people on here that like it. This will be my 1st zebralight

kbuzbee

Enlightened
Thanks I ordered a sc52 cool white should be here on Tuesday I'll give it a shot seems to be a lot of people on here that like it. This will be my 1st zebralight

Excellent choice. I have (and love) 3 D25Cs. Great lights. But they've been displaced by a ZL SC62c for EDC. Mostly, as mentioned, for the UI. I thought I loved the UI on the D25C until I tried the ZL. Its just so much easier. And you can get choices in stock tints that I had to go to Vinh for on the D25ZC.

Ken

radiopej

Enlightened
I love my D25C, though I'd really like to play around with a ZL one day.

Sorry about you losing one. A friend I loaned my S10 to had it stolen in a hostel. Really sucks, doesn't it?

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
what didn't you like about the d25? are you looking to get something brighter? i am presently edc-ing the sunwayman c21c. it's definitely bulkier than your d25, and a tad uglier. but i'm used to having a large edc light. if i ever need to use it hands free, i just clip it to the front of my shirt and use the secondary lamp