• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Logan Battery question

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, as long as the body will accommodate it. The Logan will run on any battery up to 4.2 volts that you can fit in the body. If you have the 17500 body, you'll need a spacer.
brightness will increase dramatically with higher voltage.

archimedes

Flashaholic
You didn't specify the battery chemistry (ICR, IFR, IMR) .... Note that IMR cells are not recommended by Peak (for their small flashlights).

The smaller Peaks (including the Logan) are "semi-regulated" and may be significantly overdriving the LED with IMR cells. The series of larger Peak flashlights use a different driver, which is more highly regulated, IIRC....

liftedthegifted

Newly Enlightened
So even if the IMR batteries are 3.7v it's recommended not to use them? Is that because they are unprotected? What is the highest voltage rechargeable battery I can use?
I have the CR123 body.

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lithium Ion batteries are a nominal 3.7v but actually come off a charger at around 4.2v. All of these 16340's (or RCR123's) are fine for the Logan, except for IMR batteries which have reduced internal resistance and therefore allow a much higher current drain at the same voltage. You'll love the Logan with the substantially higher output 16340 LiIon's provide.

liftedthegifted

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the heads up. I bought some IMR's to run in my LensLight a few months ago. Glad I didn't give them a go in the Logan.
Any recommendations on batteries or where to find some? Seems like the only ones available at Oveready right now are IMR.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
The main issue with IMRs in peaks is that running continuous 100%, its so intense that the light can get really hot (no thermal limiters). Provided you're running QTC and keeping it down most of the time, it's actually a fun setup.