D25a ti vs Thrunite T10s

Trippwire

Newly Enlightened
After watching heaps of youtube reviews, and reading whatever google could find I still have a few questions regarding these lights and hope you people could share your opinions.

I can't decide which one would suit me better, D25a ti or Thrunite T10s. I need a 1AA light for work to be worn on my belt. Silver in colour with moonlight mode. Mainly to be used for looking inside small spaces (computers, machinery). I plan on using eneloops. Less than $100. Rear clicky preferred.

I like the size and heft of t10s, but the modes seem somewhat basic, with a big jump from moon to low.

I really like the ui of the d25a, but think it may be a little petite. I have heard moonlight mode is weak and shows pwm with eneloops.

1) Is the d25a moon mode pwm something that will annoy me? Or will I only see it with a camera or osciliscope?

2) D25a I would probably choose XML2 NW, T10s uses XPG2 NW. Is there really a significant difference for closer range use? I see XML2 is slightly wider beam, XPG2 bit of a hotspot for distance, but for use indoors at close range which is more suitable?

From what I have read I have to choose between a tank or a BMW. Both have their pros and cons in my eyes.

So, if you own one or both of these I'd love to hear your opinions.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
The D25A is the best light i have bought in years and i am a huge Fenix fan with many of there products.I never suffer from pwm using the light and the favourite part of my D25A is the moonlight mode.I do not own the Thrunite and the one i had before was not keen on the brand and sold it on.

One last point the D25A is certainally not petite and i would be even happier if it were.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I'm probably the one that has been commenting on the D25As moonlight regulation issues, and I would go for the D25A over the T10 - I have multiple copies of both, although T10 only in its original twisty form - but based on the reviews, I believe it to be the same driver with an upgraded emitter and..... ahem, set of specs ;)).

I like the T10 a lot but the gap between it's dim firefly (still looks closer to 0.1 lms in the side-by-side beam shots I've seen) and medium mode is too much for me. I personally prefer "brighter" moonlight modes in the 0.3-0.5 lumen range, and then a nice low in the 3-5 range right behind it... that's all I use 90% of the time, and the D25A has that, more or less. If your intended use is to poke around behind computers and machinery, that implies to me that you will not be fully dark adapted and might also appreciate a brighter moonlight mode... and/or dimmer low modes.

What bugs me most about the D25As moonlight regulation is that output drops with voltage (with Eneloops having the lowest voltage) to ~0.25 on my XMLs, and ~0.15 on my ~N219, falling below my favored sub-lumen range. But, even at it's lowest output they are still brighter than my T10's so there's that. PWM depends on the individual users. I (perhaps mistakenly) taught myself how to see it in normal usage, and now I can't stop seeing it. It's not huge deal and doesn't really annoy me, but it catches my eye from time to time which I find mildly distracting. However, chances are that if you've never seen PWM, as long as you don't go looking for it, you may never see it.

The XML in a small head like this will be very floody - quite nice for close range.

Last edited: