New here...im wondering about these Feit 93 CRI BR30s

NOLAGT

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone used these? I cant really find any info on them and have been looking for some BR30 and 40 high CRI LED bulbs for a house im building. Thanks!!

BR30_927_LED_pack_1024x1024.jpg

brickbat

Enlightened
Don't get in a rush. The next few years will bring another generation or two of much-improved lamps. No, I haven't used these particular lamps. but IME, Feit = cheap crap, the true cost of which will be apparent after they start failing in 6 months....

And welcome to CPF!

NOLAGT

Newly Enlightened
Don't get in a rush. The next few years will bring another generation or two of much-improved lamps. No, I haven't used these particular lamps. but IME, Feit = cheap crap, the true cost of which will be apparent after they start failing in 6 months....

And welcome to CPF!

Yea it seems its getting close...but I wanted to try these becasue they seemed to fit the bill with the CRI and sizes. I did read that they may crap out fast tho from Feit but there is a website (earth LED) that has them and offers a 5 year warentee for cheap. So $ wise id be covered I would just need to have the ladder on hand all the time lol.

JohnR66

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been using several brand names of LED bulbs including Feit over the last couple years and have had no failures of any of them including lumen fading.

NOLAGT

Newly Enlightened
I've been using several brand names of LED bulbs including Feit over the last couple years and have had no failures of any of them including lumen fading.

I decided to try them out...got a 8 pack for the kitchen where im staying to see how we like the look of them. Also got the 5 yr coverage that will cover them for any reason. I'll report back how I like or dislike them. I only tried one set of LED BR40s from one of the big box stores and it was bright enough but it washed out the colors...im assuming due to a 80 CRI rating.

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just keep 'em cool, and even marginal LEDs should last.
I wouldn't mind having high CRI leds, so long as you could have a better CCT choice.
2700K, I'll pass.

NOLAGT

Newly Enlightened
I wouldn't mind having high CRI leds, so long as you could have a better CCT choice.
2700K, I'll pass.

The bulbs im used to (halogen supersave from Sylvania) are 27-2800 CCT so I think I would like it. I had been afraid to trying cooler bulbs in fear of it washing out colors but maybe thats more to do with the CRI.

NOLAGT

Newly Enlightened

mayfer

Newly Enlightened
I picked these up from my local warehouse store and have to say that I was very impressed, mostly due to the high CRI. My kitchen has a lot of wood and red colors, which really pop and look nice with these bulbs. I was amazed at how much color I was missing with the standard low CRI bulbs they replaced. (My Cree and Philips br-30's will be relocated to areas with less color.) I was hoping that Cree or Philips would come out with a nice 90+ CRI br-30 bulb, but no such luck – maybe in a few more years.

carnal

Newly Enlightened
I picked these up from my local warehouse store

Nice find on this HIGH CRI lamp!

A little Google search finds this warehouse is Costco for $10 each. In store AND online. Plenty of insightful reviews to read about this lamp on their website also.

Incredible price, considering the Philips L-Prize is STILL selling for $30 on Ebay! L-Prize still is the gold standard for many in the high CRI (and high lumens per watt) department.

Good advice from MichaelW above, by keeping them COOL!

I keep all my 60W Cree and L-Prize Philips lamps massively dimmed. I'm sure they'll last into the next century. But by that time they'll be laughing AGAIN, saying "I can't BELIEVE that they used to light their homes by forcing photons to jump off of a p-n junction! How LAME, why that is kind of like a mini carbon arc lamp. Ha ha."

NOLAGT

Newly Enlightened
Nice find on this HIGH CRI lamp!

A little Google search finds this warehouse is Costco for $10 each. In store AND online. Plenty of insightful reviews to read about this lamp on their website also.

Incredible price, considering the Philips L-Prize is STILL selling for $30 on Ebay! L-Prize still is the gold standard for many in the high CRI (and high lumens per watt) department.

Good advice from MichaelW above, by keeping them COOL!

I keep all my 60W Cree and L-Prize Philips lamps massively dimmed. I'm sure they'll last into the next century. But by that time they'll be laughing AGAIN, saying "I can't BELIEVE that they used to light their homes by forcing photons to jump off of a p-n junction! How LAME, why that is kind of like a mini carbon arc lamp. Ha ha."

I had seen them on costco (and acording to Feit thats the only outlet to get the bulbs) but it doesnt list the CRI on there site or model number and one of the pics of the bulb is not correct. So I was not sure if it was the right bulbs or not...and I don't have costco near me to go check. Thats when I found another place that had them....although im still waiting for them to ship. I just talked to them and they said it should ship today if they haven't already...we will se. The first place that had them listed also was taking a while to get them....I canceled that order becasue I thought it would be faster at the 2nd place but it has not been.

NOLAGT

Newly Enlightened
750 lumens off 13 watts? I bet there's neodymium glass filtering going on, like the similar high-CRI Cree "TrueWhites".

It is fine with me becasue 13 is way less than 72 that the halogens I like would burn....and those didn't last that long.

Last edited:

naked2

Enlightened
2700K, I'll pass.
I passed too (bought one at Costco and subsequently returned it). I can't stand 2700K; whether LED or CFL.

Personally, in MY home, I prefer 4100K for kitchen and garage, and 3000k everywhere else.

NOLAGT

Newly Enlightened
I passed too (bought one at Costco and subsequently returned it). I can't stand 2700K; whether LED or CFL.

Personally, in MY home, I prefer 4100K for kitchen and garage, and 3000k everywhere else.

I may try different K's one day I have always loved the warmth of the 2700 range of incandescent...

NOLAGT

Newly Enlightened
I got my bulbs in today and got them in. I replaced 8 regular incandescent BR30s in my kitchen with 8 of these. The results….amazing! Id say 95% the same color and a little brighter. The different look might not be from the color but from the extra brightness. They have more lumens than the bulbs they replace. Everything looks right color wise….so glad I tried these…just hope they hold up. I got them from earth less and they offer a 5yr warrantee for 11.99 per order…not per bulb. So I figure they will at least last 5 years lol. I am getting a quote for 70 of the BR40s for a house I'm building…I think I found my bulbs. As far as I know these are the only 93 cri br40 bulbs out there and for only 25$. Am I missing any?

Last edited:

NOLAGT

Newly Enlightened
Same bulb at Costco; a lot less expensive (4-pack for$69.99).

Has anyone confirmed it's the right bulb there. It should be but the pics on there website show a bulb with fluted sides...these are smooth sides.

I don't have a Costco near me or have an account. But with the 8 I ordered they came out to be 16.99 and no tax. Costcos price is 17.49 for that 4 pack and you have to pay tax more than likely.

the 25$ I was referring to above was for the BR40 version of this bulb. That's what I need in my new house. I got the br30s to try in the house I'm currently in to see if I like the color.

naked2

Enlightened
BR40 4-pack = $$69.99

At costco.com, membership is not required to buy; I believe it's a legal thing.

Last edited: