Quark AA2 is dead. Replace with???

peabody

Enlightened
Bought this in 2010 from Going Gear. Been a great light and I need something similar. Two double A's/water and sweat resistant/take abuse ect. Like the different modes and being able to program 2 of them.
1. Should I stick with 4Sevens? There are so many choices now.
2. Should I send this one back to Tucker,GA because of the 10 year warranty?
3. Is there a better flashlight sheath than the Maxpedition 5 inch??
4. I need to identify wire colors in dark close places. Is cool white the only choice now?

Thanks guys in advance.

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
might just be a broken switch. contact foursevens first

then get a flashlight with a Nichia 219 LED. great for colors

dml24

Newly Enlightened
The Fenix E12 and LD09 are similar to the Quark, great single aa lights. Biggest difference, no clip on the E12. The LD09 has a clip.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you tried bypassing the clicky (w/ tail cap off, touch neg batt terminal to tube edge)? Could just need tightening of the clicky retaining ring.. or clip collar. Otherwise, definitely have them repair it - you paid for the warranty.

peabody

Enlightened
Thanks for the suggestions men. I did bypass the clicky and it still wont light up.
A headlamp would only be good in very few situations, we have a magnetic multi-LED for those times. I like having that size of light so I will look into the Fenix.
Is the Nichia 219 a neutral light? I think when I bought the Quark I got the neutral LED.
I will send it off and order another.
I have the MMX Maelstrom but it is a bit too large to carry around all day on the belt.