FCW-11 Flashaholics Camping Weekend 11 Set for 9/25-28/2014 at Voorhees State Park NJ

Stan671

Enlightened
FCW-11 Flashaholics Camping Weekend is the 11th FCW and it is open to CPF members, family and friends!

Born out of the popular Photon Fest events, the FCW events have become an extremely successful series of flashaholic fun themselves. We must keep the tradition going.

WHEN: Thursday, September 25th - Sunday, September 28th, 2014 = 3 nights. I also booked Sunday night, so that we don't have to leave in a hurry Sunday morning. And technically, some could stay Sunday night.

Check in time on Friday 9/25 is no earlier than noon. I have booked Sunday night also, so technically check out time is by noon on Monday.

Should be wonderful cool camping weather.

WHERE: Voorhees State Park, Group Site A, 251 County Road Route 513, Glen Gardner, NJ 08809

Here is a link to the Voorhees State Park home page: http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandf.../voorhees.html

WHO: While this event is created for CPF members, family and friends are always welcome.

COST: It's only $15 per person for the whole weekend! Yes that's right, only $15 for three nights/four days of camping! Everyone is responsible for there own food/drink.

Don't want to stay overnight, no problem, come join us for a day, and stay till it gets dark, have a hotdog over the fire, and don't forget your flashlights! Day/evening visit (not overnight) - $5 per person per day to help us pay for the spots.

I don't do this to make money, if there is any money left over it will go towards giveaways, snacks, firewood, etc.

EQUIPEMENT: Everyone will need to supply their own equipment or share or borrow from others.

CELL PHONES: Yes, cell phones work fine from the camp site.

WHAT TO DO: Well along with the usual camping agenda of relaxing by a campfire, roasting marshmallows, etc., we just might play with some flashlights! LOL We could go on a hike, or better yet a night hike (just don't go and get lost this time... you know who you are! LOL

Voorhees is a NJ state park, and therefore there is no alcohol allowed. No pets are allowed either.

Please let me know ASAP if you are planning on attending. I will post the list in the RSVP's in the second message of this thread. Check to make sure I have received and noted your RSVP.

People can may be in advance through PayPal (Private Message me for my EMail address) or pay in person (cash only) when you arrive.

Stan671

Enlightened
FCW-11 Flashaholics Camping Weekend 11 Set for 9/25-28/2014 at Voorhees State...

RSVP List:

Stan671 - 3 (paid), All 4 nights
nein166 = 2 (paid via PayPal), Arriving Thursday
Kartracer31 = 1 (might stop buy for a short visit)
TEEJ = 1 (if schedule works out)
Lighthouse One = 1 (might stop buy or stay one night)

Last edited:

Stan671

Enlightened
Follow up information:

1. Day visitors are welcome: If you are not into sleeping in a tent or cannot commit to that kind of time, It is fun to just visit for the day and sit by the campfire and relax for a while.

2. NJ Astronomical Association (www.njaa.org) has a 26" diameter Newtonian telescope (the largest public telescope in NJ) at The Paul Robinson Observatory at Voorhees State Park as well as several smaller telescopes. On Saturday 9/27 they will have open public hours from 8:30 pm to 10:30 pm and a presentation "Roving on Mars: The Journey of Curiosity". Daytime sessions on Sunday from 2pm to 5pm include Solar Viewing through specially filtered telescopes.

3. There will be a new moon on Wednesday 9/24, so it should be plenty dark with just a small waxing crescent moon over the weekend.

Last edited:

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Stan - Thanks for heading this up! As per our conversation, if things settle down for me and I get to free up some time - I'll join you guys. Since Voorhees is not that far from me, at the very least I will do my best to stop by and say hi to everyone. :)

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is difficult! I have a Saturday event I must go to....Might try for a Saturday evening stay for one day.

Lighthouse one

Stan671

Enlightened
Well, Lighthouse, I will be there Thursday and Friday nights. Is Voorhees close enough to do both events?

And if you come just for Saturday night, you do not have to leave so quickly Sunday morning since I have the site for Sunday night also.

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stan: Voorhees is 100 miles- no problem for my Outback (wanted to show you it) . Yea, I might be able to stay over & take Monday morning off work ...

Bill W.

carrot

Flashaholic
Timing is bad for me. I probably can't make it for all the days but I can definitely be there for the weekend.