Multi emitter video light?

OS74

Newly Enlightened
I saw your review of the HIMAX video light, Packhorse. It seems to be about 800lm.

I'v seen a number of different multi emitter videolights while diving lately. A wider barell with a ring of emitters and a single thick LiIon batter, not 18650. Claims to be around 2-3000lm

These types seems quite neat to me, are there any chinese equivalents?

The other question is if there are any good hosts for building something similar. I was thinking of replacing the whole reflector assemby of some light with a aluminium puck basically and just screing a set of emitters onto it.

Other ideas for compact wideo lights (actually more photo backdrop lighting for me)

Cheers/O

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is the HiMax V11.
Looks like it uses a 26650, has 4 white LED's(XML) and 2 red(XPE).
Claimed 2200 lumen with a run time of 1.5 hours+ (this does not add up).

I have a couple on the way so will do a review when I can.

OS74

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, do you have an internet resource such a supplier/seller of those HI-max X11 lights where it's possible view them and get an idea of the cost?

Cheers
/O

Rod911

Enlightened
Budget? I have no idea on quality as reviews seem to be lacking, but Archon makes a whole crap load of dive lights and some are specifically for video making. They can be found over in HKequpment.net

OS74

Newly Enlightened
What about those HI-Max X11 and X9, any sites or suppliers Packhorse?

Cheers
/O

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can supply them. My first shipment is a little slow to land so I am some what hesitant to recommend them just yet. But if the quality of the X9 is anything to go by I think the V11 should be a great light. Its just the run time vs brightness that concerns me.

Review coming soon!

OS74

Newly Enlightened
Hi Packhorse, Any luck with the V11 testing?

I've seen the Archeon, however I think they seems to be altogether a much more expensive alternative. I know too little of them to say whether they are a premium brand that are worth the price, but there are premium brands at comparable prices (could be my ignorance).

Cheers
/O

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
...Not to mention that the business behavior of Felix Cai, owner of Archon is not the most ethical you can find. Many people know this on this forums and my experience with him was awful.