Acebeam        
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: Anything new on the Cool Fall front?

Default Re: Anything new on the Cool Fall front?

Thanks PSM for the video and wright up. Very nice.

Ray, we will make it so. I want you to see the new building.

In this thread, in a few weeks, I will be showing the three new knobs and more of one of the new lights coming later this year. One of the new knobs is as intricate as the new battery cap and it too has been in development/testing for a year an a half. It is almost ready for prime time.

Cheers
    Dave

I too have been playing with & testing the new tail cap.
    It is sweet. I am not a fan on lanyards and all my SPYs have lanyards for the opening bead, so this is a perfect change to an already great light(s).
    I've had no issues with mine, and have been playing with it all the time to give it a thorough test.
    As Dave noted above, it doesn't fit on all my SPY's, so it makes sense to only include them on new lights, so that Dave can custom fit each one.
    Yes I will be lining up to get one of the new lights too.

The new knob sounds very interesting. I have no idea what it does, but I can probably guess at one feature it may have...

I also have a small collection of hand engraved 007 XM-L2 lights. Some very reasonably priced and some not!. I have been creating relationships with a few of the high end custom knife makers. And I have been going to custom knife shows like the NY Custom Knife show and Blade show in Atlanta to forge these relationships. These knife makers that I've been dealing with are very well-established and have excellent reputations. Their work commands top dollar and I wanted to see if there was interest in that kind of thing here on CPF.

I only have a handful of lights but with the relationships that I have forged more can be made if these lights sell. Would anybody be interested in seeing some of these special lights?

Cheers
    Dave

Flashaholic* ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond's Avatar

Dave,

It's great to see some of the things we talked about being presented here with pictures. I had been meaning to post a few of the upcoming items but I got busy with other things and time just slipped away from me (it seems to happen a lot lately with a 2 and 5 year old).

The Rotary tailcap looks really nice. If PSM is up for it I'd love a video of the base in action.

The upcoming knob sounds really cool. Just think "crown screw".

From what I know the Tri-V3 will be an incremental upgrade to the Tri-V and Tri-V2 series of lights.

I've seen pictures of the engraved lights that Dave is talking about and they are really amazing. There is one that is on my "I want" list but I just haven't figured out how I can afford it yet.

BTW Dave - I think you should post up the pictures of the engraved lights. They are really worth sharing and would be amazing collectors items especially the "cracked" one.

+1 on the pictures...

I just re-read Dave's post above

"three new knobs".

I missed that reading it the first time. Interesting to say the least. Maybe some cosmetic changes to some.

A very cool feature ( and I have no idea of what Dave has created), would be a "push to change programming" feature. ie instead of removing the tail cap to initiate.

Or push to toggle between the 4 slots. NOW THAT WOULD BE COOL and very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Data View Post
    .... Would anybody be interested in seeing some of these special lights? ....
    Sure ...
    ... is the archimedes peak

I posted a new thread with the engraved lights:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...34#post4514534

Cheers
    Dave

I want to thank Dave for selling me one of these special lights called "Cracked" by knife maker Peter Rassenti. I can't wait to see and hold this light in person.

No, it doesn't come with the knife. But if good fortune smiles down upon me I may be able to acquire that too for an absolutely stellar matched set.

Peter did the engraving on the "lightning" 007 over in the other thread as well.

I've been using one of the new tailcaps for a few months now, and I'd like to chime in here by saying that I haven't found any down side to it. I've never been a fan of needing to use tools to open a piece of gear to change batteries, and in the case of these pieces of functional titanium art I was always worried about scratching the finish. Also I don't use a lanyard, I use a belt pouch, so the bead wasn't really an option.

When I got the new tailcap, my first and only fear was that contact through a thin sheath (or pocket bumping) would cause it to fall off. This has never happened, even though I have tried to make it happen through testing in exaggerated versions of real world scenarios (basically frequent fidgeting and fiddling).

I like the idea of a semi-waterproof tailcap, but for EDC in normal circumstances, this quick-release is excellent, and I've been wanting a second one for another light.

Thanks again, Dave.
    Robert Gryphon gryphonQ@yahoo.com Skype:GryphonQ Nevada, USA
    WTB/WTT: Gryphon's Lust List

This Spy is amazing:

Release button looks like its tool free as well? Looks cool, thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan View Post
    Release button looks like its tool free as well? Looks cool, thanks for sharing.
    LOL - not exactly tool free. There is no clip spot to put a lanyard or ring with a bead so I had to do something.

What you are seeing is my ghetto approach to make the light tool free. It's one of the beads that Dave sends with the light attached to the release button. It works but I am sure it will fall off after a while. It's better than carrying a pointy object around with me all the time.

Sean

That light is great looking. Nice pictures ShineOn. I want to point out the lightning light (available here) that Peter did is exactly the same finish as this light. It has the same grayish surface and similar deep engraving and a brass knob.

Cheers
    Dave

Hey Data,

You've really whetted my appetite in stating that you'd show us one of the new lights as well as the three knobs in a few weeks. Well these "few weeks" have elapsed now, so please could you reveal them soon?
    We are all flotsam and jetsam being carried by a relentless tide towards our ultimate fate!

Once things leave my hands I am not responsible for what happens.

Rolleye11 Re: Anything new on the Cool Fall front?

Bring forth the SPY 009!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zandar View Post
    Bring forth the SPY 009!!!
    This post got me excited in a weird way...
    I'm Ryan.

Got a chill just thinking about that too!
    On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Popcorn Re: Anything new on the Cool Fall front?

It's understandable how excited we all our getting, this light represents the pinnacle of Cool Fall's development. In just a short time, were all going to be able to own a real treasure of a light. A light packed with a plethora of special features and a huge options list, that will allow all of us to customize the light to our own taste. I'm especially excited about that new 3d stone wash finish and the revolutionary multifunction "intricate" knob that Data has been teasing us about for the last 2 months.

The clap function is going to be out of this world. From what I hear as long as the SPY hears a clap, you can clap on clap off and even switch levels. This is going to be awesome. My 80 year old uncle has been testing clap on clap off for years

Nana Re: Anything new on the Cool Fall front?

The "clapper function", seriously chipwillis! Stop tying up this thread with deliberating misleading info, you know very well that the 009 is far to advanced a light to rely on a "clapper" emulation software as an alternative means of control. Why don't you come clean and admit what we already know? The SPY 009 utilizes a proprietary voice activation circuit, that you have lots of first hand experience with, as even now, your holding in your hot little hands version 1.002 of the SPY 009 prototype. Why don't you tell us about the SPY'S new revolutionary compound curve shape or that new 3d stonewash gunner grip treatment?

I thought I almost lost mine, but thanks to the tracking phone app, I was able to find it in minutes......

LOL, oh no, I have a lot of work to do.

Don't forget the egg-making facility in the Tri-V3. (Using the Aspheric beam to cook it)
    We are all flotsam and jetsam being carried by a relentless tide towards our ultimate fate!

Quote Originally Posted by easilyled View Post
    Don't forget the egg-making facility in the Tri-V3. (Using the Aspheric beam to cook it)

From my understanding Data had a problem cooking the egg to fast and making it dry.

Quote Originally Posted by chipwillis View Post
    From my understanding Data had a problem cooking the egg to fast and making it dry.

Rolleye11 Re: Anything new on the Cool Fall front?

Indeed you do!! Unfortunantely your attempt to quell our continuous lust for information has only served to further inflame the ever rising tide of expectations, for this truly revolutionary light. So far the situation is relatively under control but for how long? I 'm afraid if you continue to release just tid bits of info at your usual relaxed pace were going to see tension levels rise to unhealthy levels, and the resulting consequences of this could be very unsettling. Already were seeing effects of this emotional stress on our less "stable" members. For example, just look at what has happened to chipwillis, a seemingly normal guy who's gotten so carried away that he thinks he's actually beta testing the 009 SPY, and what's worse is that, He is so deep into this delusion that He managed to pull a few of "us", and that includes me, into His dream world! Even more alarming are the rumors I've been hearing about the Lux Luthor faction. Their apparently so unhappy about the pace of info released (SPY owner's manuals ) that their contemplating taking some kind of action. Data I know I don't have to remind you about the events that led up to last year's "incident" at the factory and the chaos that ensued. If the rumors are true, one or more "moles" have already infiltrated the ranks of your "Elves" Security Squad, and are even now conducting intensive recon in preparation for G-D knows what. Data these moles are really insidious creatures and will stop at nothing in their quest for intel. If I were you, I'd be on the highest of alerts. Please be very villigant and watch for any unsual activity around the factory. And pay particular attention to any new piles of fresh earth, that may turn up in unsual places, or new trails of sand leading from the tree house, as these are trade mark signs of a "mole tunneling" infestation! Please consider changing course before it's too late or at least beefing up security around the vulnerable tree house and the "man cave". I'll do my best to reach out to the more moderate members of the Luthor faction, but this time I'm not sure "diplomacy" will be enough. Let's work together to try and prevent a full scale invasion. Good luck my friend. Zandar
    Last edited by Zandar; 11-16-2014 at 12:39 PM.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast