HDS Systems        
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: Anything new on the Cool Fall front?

Enlightened

Default Re: Anything new on the Cool Fall front?

I am new to CPF - "suspenpse" - I check every day for the latest news on a Tri - V3 from Dave - My wife is going to treat me to one - Question - My wife wants to know how many Tri - V's does Dave make in a year

I'd like your wife to call my wife please...
    Collecting is all about what you don't have

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix 100 View Post
    I am new to CPF - "suspenpse" - I check every day for the latest news on a Tri - V3 from Dave - My wife is going to treat me to one - Question - My wife wants to know how many Tri - V's does Dave make in a year
    Dave will post a sales thread when the Tri-V 3 is ready. He will then ask every one that want's one to post there. He normally makes just enough to meet the demand. Check out the official Tri-V owners thread to get a good idea on the units produced.

Yard
    Last edited by Zandar; 01-19-2015 at 01:25 AM.

Only one that counts is yours! lol She is awesome my friend. I am saving up for one too. But not there yet. Then I see a used one pop up and have a hard time to resist.

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix 100 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by LumensMaximus View Post
    I'd like your wife to call my wife please...
    When your Wife is convinced, ask her to ring my GF... She wants me to quit this forum seeing how much Flashlights I need

Enlightened

Your wives need to understand buying a Tri- V3 is like buying a piece of jewelry, crafted by master craftsman, and owing one of Dave's flashlights would make any member of CPF very happy

The real problem for me is 3 new lights and funds for only one! What to do, buy the legendary TRI-V3 or wait for the "SPY 009" much later in the year or really wait for the new ultimate light in 2016 or so?

Flashaholic* ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond's Avatar

Zandar - that is quite a problem. One solution would be to buy all of them, one at a time. Then when each new one is released you sell the older one on CPFMP at a small loss the to secondary market and buy the new one.

Sage advice from the author of this thread. I did offer to move to PA and work for DATA, as an apprentice (I'm very good at cleaning up and I don't take up much space,just a cot on the shop floor would do! But alas my Flash Light G-D has forsaken me

What a cool thread! Yup, I pretty much meant your take on the pocket clip. Since your solutions tend to be outside the norm, I used the term high-tech as a catch-all phrase.

I've owned expensive carabiners like the large tritium D22 and Anso Zirconium V.3 and neither compares to the ingenuity of my Droid 58. I admire your approach to design and can't wait to see the "two new lights" you've been working on. Perhaps a hint is in order
    Quote Originally Posted by Data View Post
    What is a high-tech clip? Is that a Ti clip or something adjustable/removable?

Cheers
    Dave
    On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Thanks for the kind words. Those carabiners you mentioned are very nice.

Does anybody on CPF have information suggesting that any of the dedomed XM-L2s have degraded from use or failed prematurely?

You're welcome and I meant every word Dave.

I know Lux-RC dedomes and "recoats" XP-L and XP-G2's to good effect. Everything I've read otherwise indicates that dedoming reduces the life and durability of the diode. Haven't seen test results to back that up though so YMMV and I defer to the experts...
    On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Flashaholic*

I wonder if there might be an interest in very warm white LEDs (eg 4000K) for the aspheric/reflectorized parts? I just hate the cool white tint of the aspheric Vizeri light I bought to play with, and so I ordered the latest aspherical light from Vinh with the dedomed 4000K option. This reasoning is based on the fact that for outdoors I like my incand A2 with its 3300K tint more than any other light I have.

Cannot wait for the Tri-V3 to come out
    Need to get myself one in SWGG

lefteye219: me too!
    SWGG

Smooth
    White
    Goo Goo
    Ga Ga

any idea when the tri-v3 would be coming out dave? or if i could get my hands on a v2? ever since i joined this forum your light has been my white whale. i believe i have enough saved to make the purchase. cant wait!

Thanks buddy. Im looking for the tri v, hopefully version 2 or might hold out for the 3 if it comes out sometime soon. Thank you though!

The new Tri-V is coming. I am still working on the details and options. It is, in its base model, not going to change much from the Tri-V2 . . . new emitters and software changes. However there will be new options and so, depending on the configuration the user selects when it is ordered, the light may be quite different.

Cheers
    Dave

mr.lumen, oops! I somehow missed the Tri-V part! lol When the new version comes out, you/folks may be able to find some V2's as folks upgrade or raise funds!

Data: thanks! Sounds like it is going to be a really nice set up!

That's exciting! I guess ill keep my breath held :-)

The new Tri-V is coming. I am still working on the details and options. It is, in its base model, not going to change much from the Tri-V2 . . . new emitters and software changes. However there will be new options and so, depending on the configuration the user selects when it is ordered, the light may be quite different.

Cheers
    Dave

Cheers
    Dave
    This is a noiiiicceeee... Can't wait for the Tri-V3 to come out and will wait to see what are the new 'options' Excited

If at all possible, data, I'd love for the new Tri-V3 to have the flood emitter covered with a glass window. If it were also possible for it to be slightly water resistant (ie light rain), that would be the icing on the cake.
    We are all flotsam and jetsam being carried by a relentless tide towards our ultimate fate!

Quote Originally Posted by easilyled View Post
    .... covered with a glass window....
    ... sapphire window ...

... is the archimedes peak

After all this time...I am thinking this run might be my run.

obi
    Stay sharp and bright for life.
    Have your knife and light handy at all times.
    Sent from a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.

Enlightened

Just received the Droid 58 and chain from Dave

A beautiful piece of jewelry

After the wife saw it, she has no reservations about buying me the new Tri - V3

Quote Originally Posted by easilyled View Post
    If at all possible, data, I'd love for the new Tri-V3 to have the flood emitter covered with a glass window. If it were also possible for it to be slightly water resistant (ie light rain), that would be the icing on the cake.
    But then it would not be the Tri-V! No, the bare emitter will still be there. I appreciate where you're coming from but I see that as belonging on some other flashlight. One of the ideological reasons that I hold the line on this is, I want this light to still fit in your pocket. It does a lot of things and it was obviously my goal from the very beginning to make this thing as tiny as I could make it.I know it flies in the face of convention that you can directly see and even touch(very gingerly) the flood emitter, but that's where it gets part of its charm and uniqueness, no?

It takes many months to machine Tri-V bodies and heads. They're all done, in fact everything is done except my final emitter selection details, and assembly. Assembly takes a lot of time and instead of building them all ahead of time this go-round, I plan on just building a couple and releasing them. We are getting closer.

Cheers
    Dave

But then it would not be the Tri-V! No, the bare emitter will still be there. I appreciate where you're coming from but I see that as belonging on some other flashlight. One of the ideological reasons that I hold the line on this is, I want this light to still fit in your pocket. It does a lot of things and it was obviously my goal from the very beginning to make this thing as tiny as I could make it.I know it flies in the face of convention that you can directly see and even touch(very gingerly) the flood emitter, but that's where it gets part of its charm and uniqueness, no?

It takes many months to machine Tri-V bodies and heads. They're all done, in fact everything is done except my final emitter selection details, and assembly. Assembly takes a lot of time and instead of building them all ahead of time this go-round, I plan on just building a couple and releasing them. We are getting closer.

Cheers
    Dave
    The Tri-V is a fantastic light, but that is all the more reason why I want to feel safe carrying it around and frankly with a bare emitter, it doesn't feel quite as safe to me.

I can't quite follow why putting a protective glass cover over the bare emitter would increase the size of the light much.

However you make such fantastic products that I feel foolish trying to contest any decisions that you make. I did have the original Tri-V-V1 but I sold it because I felt that it was slightly vulnerable to the outside environment and I felt more comfortable with the 007s which I perceived to be more robust.
    We are all flotsam and jetsam being carried by a relentless tide towards our ultimate fate!

Flashaholic*

Exactly the same question regarding the glass over the flood emitter. No way it could increase the overall length of the light.

Without the glass I guess one would dedome the led by one's fingernail one day.
    Last edited by ma tumba; 02-28-2015 at 11:09 AM.

I have carried my Tri-V every where at work and in all elements with no problems. I'm out in the heat, cold, snow, rain and everything as as a Deputy Sheriff and have never worried about it.
    Once things leave my hands I am not responsible for what happens.

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast