Make my 4D Maglite bright!!

Tylert123

Newly Enlightened
I have some money to spend on making this mag light as bright reliably as possible on standard D batteries ... Help me ??? Thanks in advance guys

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Hello Tylert123, :welcome:

I have moved your thread from the WTB: Custom subforum to the incandescent subforum (Edit: /General Discussion/ subforum). I think you will have better luck identifying what components you want here in this thread, then pursuing those specific items with subsequent searching.

My first assumption is that you are wanting to keep your 4D as incandescent as you haven't mentioned converting it to LED.
If this is incorrect I would be happy to move your thread to another subforum but please note that there are many existing threads on getting higher performance in Mags, all easily findable via the 'CPF Only' Google search near the top left of each CPF page.

Best of luck,

Last edited:

Tylert123

Newly Enlightened
Make my 4D maglite BRIGHTTTTT!!

100$ budget I would love something along the lines of a malkoff drop in but they are never in stock
Higher power or equivalent
Reliability and an hour or so run time on standard D alks

Tylert123

Newly Enlightened
I would be open to doing whatever it takes to make it brighter led hid incandescent anything

Kestrel

Flashaholic
I've merged the thread you just created into your existing one and am moving it to the general discussion subforum, as it sounds like you'll be needing some varied suggestions.

Tylert123

Newly Enlightened
Looking for the XM-L 700 lumen drop not in stock ... I think it's the 79 dollar version

Tylert123

Newly Enlightened
Thought I would just give a great review where it is deserved
Contacted malkoff via email talked on the phone GREAT guy somehow he procured a xml2 setup for me and I figured I'd get the 300 while I was at it as well
great service great price and fantastic product !! Definitely better than advertised

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Good call, the Malkoff is worth the wait. Now pair it with a set of Tenergy NiMH cells and you'll have a rechargeable, unbeatable combo.