New Zebralight SC5

Quality

Newly Enlightened
Zebralight is coming out with a 6 mode, 3.2 inch, 1xAA SIDE clicky, sometime in 2014 (theoretically ;)).

-XM-L2 emitter
-the head is a little wider and ostensibly has a deeper reflector, so it will be a bit throwier than the sc52
-1/10 inch longer than the sc52
-max output is 400+ lumens, .7 hours
-Min output .2 lumens
-MSRP $49

Looks interesting. Max output above is Eneloop I believe, however I also wonder how it performs with a 14500.

Edit: When I originally posted this info the light was listed as having micro usb charging, and a tail clicky. It has since been relisted under the side clicky series (probably something I should have assumed due to the nomenclature).

I'm not sure if it will have the micro usb charging (probably not) but it was listed that way originally.

Edit 2 - The 400+ max output is in fact not a turbo mode, but is listed as a .7 hour high mode akin to the 300 lumens of the current SC52

Edit 3 - anodizing was originally listed as black, but they have taken that down now

Edit 4 - The length has gone from 3.6 inches to 3.2

Edit 5 - Its been almost a year since I've checked this thread. Its a bit bigger than I remember lol. Well this thing finally came out so I guess I should update to reflect the final product. Its hard to believe that this light started out as a $39 Christmas special back in 2011. :eek:

-XM-L2 emitter
-$69 MSRP
-wider head than SC52 with a smooth reflector, definitely throwier
-535lm Turbo mode for 3 min then 325lm for 0.8hr with Eneloop Pro
-bigger heavier body to heatsink higher lumens, 2.0oz vs 1.4oz SC52
-not rated for 14500 use, this light is built from the ground up for Eneloops

As always selfbuilt's review is the best resource of information (and this thread of course ;)) for the SC5.

Last edited:

Negroj

Newly Enlightened
Zebralight is coming out with a 6 mode, 3.6 inch, black anodized, 1xAA Tail clicky, sometime in 2014 (theoretically ;)).

-XM-L2 emitter
-the head is a little wider and ostensibly has a deeper reflector, so it will be a bit throwier than the sc52
-the light will have a micro usb charging port
-max output is 400+ lumens (presumably a turbo mode with a step down to high)
-Min output .2 lumens
-MSRP $49

Looks interesting. Max output above is Eneloop I believe, however I also wonder how it performs with a 14500.

Where are you getting this info?

*EDIT* Nevermind -saw they edited the comparison spreadsheet with this model.

Last edited:

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll try to remember to check back to this thread in a couple of years to see if Zebralight ever releases this.

Enlightened
SC5 is the name of a previously announced product from them IIRC. From a looong time ago. Longer than the Q50.

Quality

Newly Enlightened
SC5 is the name of a previously announced product from them IIRC. From a looong time ago. Longer than the Q50.

Yep. I started the original SC5 thread years ago. It was deleted, but back then it was a 3 mode cheaper version of the sc51.

Its quite a bit different now but at least its still cheaper.

They seem to have changed the listing since I posted the OP. Its a side clicky and may or may not have micro USB charging. I'm guessing not.

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
I'll try to remember to check back to this thread in a couple of years to see if Zebralight ever releases this.

LOL! Zebralight doesn't know what Zebralight will be doing 2 weeks from now. Sounds like this could be their response to the Neutron 2A v2?

65CRI, cool blue, :barf: but interested to see if this will even come out, and if a NW will follow.

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep. I started the original SC5 thread years ago. It was deleted, but back then it was a 3 mode cheaper version of the sc52.
It was going to be a cheaper version of the SC51 that was going to be released as a Christmas special in 2011 for $39 as can be seen here.

I wonder if your original thread was lost in the Great Crash of 2011.

Last edited:

Quality

Newly Enlightened
It was going to be a cheaper version of the SC51 that was going to be released as a Christmas special in 2011 for $39 as can be seen here.

I wonder if your original thread was lost in the Great Crash of 2011.

Hah yeah the sc51. Its hard to remember back that far.

I think this light is actually going to come out. I have a feeling that with this light's added mass 14500 performance could possibly be 800+ in turbo mode.

Etsu

Enlightened
ZL, instead of coming out with vaporware, how about fixing your quality issues and customer service?!?

leaftye

Newly Enlightened
Apparently I'm not the only person that doesn't expect this until 2016.