NEW Acebeam K40M. Beamshots. Review to follow...

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not much is known about this fairly new model from Acebeam (formerly known as Supbeam), the K40M. A cousin of the Thrunite TN35 :)

NidQ3MG.jpg

io9K0ls.jpg

Basically it's the same K40 body, same magnetic control interface, but with different internals. Now Cree MT-G2.

Let's get straight to the beamshots :) I compare it to beamshots I have on file of the Nitecore TM26 and K40 (XM-L) i.e. beamshots not taken on the same date, so the trees would look different.

This is the venue in daylight:

WEAIlWU.jpg

220 meters from camera to the gate/wall:

SVtDBk7.jpg

CAMERA SETTINGS: ISO100, f/1.8, 50mm equiv., 2-second exposure

Control shot:

O01DTN2.jpg

Let's start with zoomed out shots:

jwMh0Cx.jpg

OWBCMir.jpg

0bm68lm.jpg

"Zoomed in" i.e. 100% center crop:

0uiUmLh.jpg

juKSKzU.jpg

4Omfmjm.jpg

PRELIMINARY OBSERVATIONS:

Tons of light and some very decent throw :) While it doesn't throw as far as the K40 it certainly throws better than the TM26.

TM26 shows some vignetting in the corners while the K40M just fills the entire frame i.e. K40M has a wide spillbeam

K40 being a pure thrower gives tunnel-vision.

As expected the MT-G2 gives a good tint but the remarkable thing is the grafitti on the wall actually becomes visible with the MT-G2 emitter!!!

Last edited:

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Outstanding beamshots,Overclocker!:)

The Acebeam K40M really has a great beam profile. I think i have to buy a light with one or several MT-G2 LED/LEDS. I´d like to see a full review soon.

amaretto

Newly Enlightened
K40M vs TN35, which is the better light?
I tested both. TN35 has a tighter hotspot and a little more throw. Tint is warmer.
K40M has more lumens and wider spill. Tint is cooler and less yellow.
Quality is equal imho. I prefer K40M because it is smaller and cheaper (i payed under $100 at banggood).

ven

Flashaholic
Fantastic comparison/beam shots:) if i did not have a tn35vn i would be all over the k40m,just a little too alike to justify...........................right now:whistle: