Motion Lighting

DP425

Newly Enlightened
I've got four motion floods at my house; one is a single head square 150w T3 halogen flood and three are two square head 150w T3 halogen. They do a pretty good job lighting up the areas that need illuminating. My issue is, add it all up and we are talking 1050w of halogen lighting. That is a lot of energy draw. Of course they aren't all on at the same time, some units see a lot more on-time than others but none the less.

I'd like to figure out a more energy efficient route to get close to the same performance. Each 150w bulb puts out 2400lm. No idea what the CRI is. Color temp is around 2900-3000k. I'm not really too up on the beam performance of the square head halogen lights vs say, a PAR38 reflector light. I did a little looking around and have seen different PAR38 LED lights that supposedly can hit between 1800 and 2200lm.

Do I have any good options here? Is beam performance on a PAR38 better than the T3 square heads, at least enough to make up for the lower light output? How are the LED head motion lights? I snagged one from lowes that was on clearance to put up over my GF's garage door to replace a canopy light; it does a great job lighting her drive and small front lawn, but it would in no way be even close to the halogen performance I have right now. I'm assuming it was on clearance due to being an old model; are the latest and greatest better?

Oh, and I'm also not looking to spend a fortune; $100-$200 per fixture is about the range I'm looking at. I've done a good bit of searching the web but really, the numbers I find tell such a small part of the story since beam performance matters so much. I'd rather just get input from you experts here... the last thread I saw on this topic was over a year old and I know consumer end-product LED tech is advancing at a crazy rate.