Fitorch        
Page 21 of 166 FirstFirst ... 111415161718192021222324252627283171121 ... LastLast

Thread: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

I like best the recessed buttons filled with ink, but if one has to chose, I prefer the black inkless recessed buttons.

I prefer the black texture filled with white ink (on keyboards I prefer PBT DyeSub keycaps or PBT doubleshot keycaps).
    If I have to choose between texture and white ink I would prefer the texture because it would wipe away in 10 or more years of use.

Quote Originally Posted by Curetia View Post
    If I have to choose between texture and white ink I would prefer the texture because it would wipe away in 10 or more years of use.
    Not if done correctly, my computer keyboards last years before the white marking is worn off, a charger would probably last more than 100 times as long.
    My website with battery, charger, usb reviews, comparisons & information: lygte-info.
    Latest addition is multimeter reviews

I clearly prefer white ink. It is easy to see and if done properly, it will last.
    I have a 30+ year old calculator with inked buttons. The ink is still there.. all of it. Same was the case for my former 8 year old pc keyboard, and many remote controls.
    The black 3-D texture however is very hard to see it seems, right from the start.
    Last edited by Viking; 11-05-2015 at 10:49 AM.

White ink.
    Started Collecting 10-9-15: VN54 Lights: Noctigon M43vn Goldilocks, ThruNite TN36UTvn XHP70 Shaved Dome, EagleTac M25C2vnT, SkyLumen SL2vn XPL V6 PDT / EagleTac: M30C2 XP-L HI V3, M30C2C Nichia 219B, M25C2 XM-L2 U2, P25LC2 / Fenix: E25UE, PD35 / Olight: S1 Baton / NiteCore: EC4S, EC11, TM06 / ThorFire: VG10

White ink for visibility.

(3D texture with backlight would be the best though - guess thats not on the possible list either)

I want glow in the dark ink myself.
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

White ink.
    Prince plays George Harrison's masterpiece While My Guitar Gently Weeps. R.I.P.
    Great vocals & guitar by LeAnn Rimes & Joss Stone as they cover Gershwin's Summertime.

Flashaholic*

Speaking as someone who is legally blind, but still has some residual eyesight, I prefer the white ink for maximum contrast.

You can certainly advocate textured buttons for blind people, but I would point out that tactile recognition is easier with raised textures, not recessed ones, because your skin will pick up raised shapes more easily, especially when the shapes are small.

For relatively few buttons arranged in a row like this, blind people with no residual eyesight would usually count buttons from one end.

Of course, the ideal arrangement would be raised textures painted with white ink, but SkyRC have already pointed out the difficulty of reliably mass-producing that sort of combination.
    Phlogiston is the main constituent of Magic Smoke.

gf has nail polish in all colors maybe even GITD to fill in the recesses, no?

Really could care less on this VERY minute detail. Rather have them make really sure this thing works instead of caring about recessed or white ink buttons!
    Just my opinion. I already pre-ordered at so I get what I get I guess.
    Started Collecting 10-9-15: VN54 Lights: Noctigon M43vn Goldilocks, ThruNite TN36UTvn XHP70 Shaved Dome, EagleTac M25C2vnT, SkyLumen SL2vn XPL V6 PDT / EagleTac: M30C2 XP-L HI V3, M30C2C Nichia 219B, M25C2 XM-L2 U2, P25LC2 / Fenix: E25UE, PD35 / Olight: S1 Baton / NiteCore: EC4S, EC11, TM06 / ThorFire: VG10

Ink.
    Recessed would be cool with ink but is harder to see without.

White ink.

White ink or even silver would work.
    Maha Powerex Wizard One MH-C9000

White ink.

Thank you all for the vivid participation, the tally gives, recessed vs. white ink,

3 : 12

So I checked the "white ink" on the buttons of my old NC2500 charger. With a q-tip and some aggressive solvent i managed to dissolve the white paint yikes. Showing this to them, the product manager responded that the MC3000 buttons don't use white ink/paint technique but some new laser-engraving technique and that it would be impossible to dissolve the white symbols chemically. Laser-engraved white symbols are said to be long-lasting, won't rub off, won't fly away . In my review, I'm going to test the aggressive solvent on the MC3000 buttons, then we have re-confirmation by me.

Anyway you guys win, they're going ahead with the white symbols.

"Good news, everyone!" — Mass production has started!! Days ago actually. I saw proof, a sea of soldered PCB's . Completion will still take days/weeks but the point is that production is happening right now. Fi. nal. ly.

Last edited by kreisl; 11-06-2015 at 04:35 PM. Reason: editing confuses people, i see :)

Quote Originally Posted by kreisl View Post
    "Good news, everyone!" — Mass production has started!! Days ago actually. I saw proof, a sea of soldered PCB's . Completion will still take days/weeks but the point is that production is happening right now. Fi. nal. ly.

What he said - Finally!!

Default laser engraving

Actually, the laser engraving technique is quite old, and state of the art in keyboard manufacture for a long time. Think of all the different layouts of the same keyboards for different countries and all. There are special plastic materials which change their color upon laser impact. Way more durable than ink, as it is the plastic itself changing color. Have a vid:

So what do you guys think, is a $30 price reduction reason enough to preorder the charger over waiting until the reviews are out?
    Last edited by Julian Holtz; 11-06-2015 at 09:45 AM.
    This message was morsed into the open end of a fiber-optic cable with a flashlight.

Default SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Not for now. This charger has an application (mc3000) that has not been fixed for iPhone and probably for android too. It doesn't open. When you release something, everything should be working.

I will wait the review and hope that the appli will be fixed.

Edit: I have just found another appli for SkyRc charger (charger link). This one seems working. Wich one will be use?
    Last edited by gyzmo2002; 11-06-2015 at 10:15 AM.
    Sorry for my english. Acebeam k70, Armytek Predator -Dobermann Pro V3 XP-L HI and XHP35, Barracuda Pro V2 XP-L HI, Tiara A1 Pro V2 and C1 Pro V2, Wizard Pro V3 XHP50 and XPL, Partner C4 Pro v3 XHP35, Nitecore TM26, TM16GT, MH20, P12GT, SKYRC MC-3000..+++

Default Re: laser engraving

Quote Originally Posted by Julian Holtz View Post
    is a $30 price reduction reason enough to preorder the charger over waiting
    Those who are really willing to pay full price solely under the condition that it got good reviews should wait then. Full price is a lotta money. I will be curious about what reviewers can find out which SKY was not aware of already. If there are noteworthy quirks or bugs which i can reproduce and agree with, then i'll submit for firmware refinement.

Those who are not willing to pay full price even if it got good reviews could consider the buy now ('Now or Never'). It's safe to assume that shoppers will be hard pressed to find a similar price after the promotional period, unless they go over ebay Make An Offer or ask an obliging dealer for a personal discount via friendly email, a practice which has become very common in the past 1-2 years in our scene.

The current GB/HKE price is as low as it will ever get

Programmers are working on improved app versions day in day out. I am more interested in PC Link software and manual operation. Much fun and satisfaction either way!
    Last edited by kreisl; 11-06-2015 at 10:36 AM.

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by gyzmo2002 View Post
    Not for now. This charger has an application (mc3000) that has not been fixed for iPhone and probably for android too. It doesn't open. When you release something, everything should be working.

I will wait the review and hope that the appli will be fixed.

Edit: I have just found another appli for SkyRc charger (charger link). This one seems working. Wich one will be use?
    charger-link app is for programming hobby-Chargers (B6-mini, B6-ac, etc)
    with wi-fi module

Thank you Ferdinando. Hope the mc3000 appli will be fix soon. This charger is in my GB cart... hesitated...🤔
    Sorry for my english. Acebeam k70, Armytek Predator -Dobermann Pro V3 XP-L HI and XHP35, Barracuda Pro V2 XP-L HI, Tiara A1 Pro V2 and C1 Pro V2, Wizard Pro V3 XHP50 and XPL, Partner C4 Pro v3 XHP35, Nitecore TM26, TM16GT, MH20, P12GT, SKYRC MC-3000..+++

Enlightened

there are 3 apps for chargers (other than mc3000)
    and 2 for ESC programming, and all works good
    on my iPhone.
    so I think they will fix for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by dts71 View Post
    What he said - Finally!!
    Did kreisl actually say that? I don't see that in any previous post of his.

When I try to "ADD TO BAG" the charger WITH an accessory on www.hkequipment.net I end up with ONLY the accessory in the shopping cart. I can only add the charger by itself, if I select "-" in the "Accessories" dropdown list. Whose fault is that?

Default low input voltage threshold

I want to propose a function I know and like at the iCharger line. Here, you can program a "smart low input voltage protection". This means, that one can program in a specific input voltage level threshold. Once this low level is reached, the charger does not shut down with an error message, but it reduces the charge power automatically in order not to overstrain the power supply. This is especially useful when the charge power has the potential to demand more power than the power supply can provide.
    Say, one has a power supply 12V/2A. One would then program the low voltage threshold at 11.5V. Most power supplys lower the output voltage when they are almost overloaded, and do not shut dowm immediately. So, when the charger senses that the input voltage has fallen to 11.5V, it lowers it's power until it is just right. It's a feedback loop designed to draw the most power from any power supply without overloading it. It works wonderful, and I would love to see this feature on the MC3000 as well.
    This message was morsed into the open end of a fiber-optic cable with a flashlight.

Unenlightened

And the price of the AA battery is 18.99 instead of 8.99$

Quote Originally Posted by Batch View Post
    And the price of the AA battery is 18.99 instead of 8.99$
    Because the $8.99 price is stated with a discount, which only applies when you buy the set together with the charger and due to a glitch of some kind it's impossible.

The below recent pic taken with my 2014 PC Link software and 2014 prototype versions gives you an idea of what the proprietary PC Link software looks like in original resolution. My beloved HD view (720p) won't cut it, one needs to switch to Full HD (1080p). What is happening there is rather self-explanatory but let me walk you through it since it's the first time you're seeing such a screenshot and tbh the user manual doesn't talk too much about it. The new PC Link software version, compatible with 2015 retail hardware, will be posted on the website these days, so it makes sense to chat about it in this post.

4 batteries were in the charger, i started the slots at the same time via the Start/Stop-button of the software, and after 90mins i decided to take a screenshot while all 4 slots were still running their programs. With this old software version you don't really need to start all 4 slots at the same time, however it'd be the natural thing to do so.

During the graphing the scaling of both the horizontal X-axis ("busy" time until "finished") and vertical Y-axis (logged value) are adjusted automatically because the software tries to make reasonable use of the full height of the 4 space-limited mini windows. This dynamic ranging causes the Y-axis ticks to have unintelligible values (4.221 3.888 instead of 4.200 4.100) and different scales from slot to slot. As a workaround, one can approach any graph with the mouse cursor and the exact value at that point will be displayed.

The mini window display resolution is such that voltage is visibly graphed with 3 decimals (4.200V 4.199V …), current with 2 decimals (0.30A 0.29A …), temperature with 1 decimal (23.1°C 23.0°C …). Re current, iirc one gets the full resolution with 3 decimals when exporting the graphs to *.CSV-spreadsheet file (0.296A 0.295A …).

At any time one can check the tickboxes to display/undisplay the respective graphs.

Blue refers to momentary voltage as measured between the metal contacts. For a busy slot (=red SNB), the value represents the battery voltage under load. For a finished slot (=green SNB), it's the unloaded battery voltage, which very much equals the so-called battery offline voltage or resting voltage. The curve progression of voltage is usually the most characteristic most interesting graph of a battery or the charging/discharging process. It is also what you can see on the LCD display of the charger device, in Diagram Drawing View (DDV).

Green refers to momentary current thru the battery as measured by an individual current sensor in series. There are 4 slots, so there are 4 sensors. Often the graph is just a horizontal straight line, meaning constant current. If you set 3A charging, then it's maybe interesting to see how and how fast the current ramps up from 0.00A to 3.00A and then tries to maintain 3A constant current but more often than not the mc3k current graph is not very interesting to look at. It is more interesting to look at with other chargers which do not feature constant current technology.

Orange refers to the calculated capacity based on the momentary current measurement. It's the same value as one would get by measuring capacity manually with a logging digital multimeter in series. For a single constant current charge transfer operation mode the graph isn't very interesting to look at, it's then just an inclined straight line. However, for a cycling operation mode (i.e. REFRESH, CYCLE, BREAK_IN) the capacity graph can be helpful to reveal certain aspects of the cycling process.

Red refers to the temperature as measured by the slot temperature sensors. There are 4 slots, so there are 4 sensors. If a slot sensor registers a temperature, then it could equal the battery temperature in that slot. But to be clear, a temperature sensor will pick up any heat reaching it; this could be heat from the room, neighboring slots, inside of the charger, whatever, too. The temperature graphs are the most unpredictable graphs because of the various physical phenomena happening simultaneously spatially in an extended 4-bay device ("3-D"). An external temperature sensor attached to the battery of a single channel hobby charger produces more predictable because of isolate readings ("1-D").

Slot1: LiIon charging at 1.00A , 18650 battery was fully discharged (~2.6V), charger ramps up from 0.00A to constant 0.15A until battery voltage reaches 3.2V under load, then steps up to constant 1.00A until battery voltage reaches 4.2V where the CV-phase starts. Current decreases then. Makes sense to me.

Slot2: LiIon charging at 0.30A , 18650 battery was fully discharged (~2.6V), charger ramps up from 0.00A to constant 0.15A until battery voltage reaches 3.2V under load, then steps up to constant 0.30A. At such a slow charging rate, after 90mins we're still deep in the CC-phase, far away from the 4.2V CV-phase. The displayed current on my 2014 prototype flickers between 0.30A and 0.29A. We'll see it is nice constant on the 2015 retail product.

Slot3: NiMH discharging at |-1.00A| , AA battery was fully charged (~1.5V). After 1.5h at 1A discharging the transferred charge is shown as 1500mAh. Makes sense to me.

Slot4: NiMH discharging at |-0.40A| , AAA battery was fully charged (~1.5V). After 1.5h at 0.4A discharging the transferred charge is shown as 600mAh. Makes sense to me.

In all 4 slots "the temperature" has been rising. Again, note that these temperatures do not necessarily represent the actual battery temperatures. In your mind, always picture them as "slot temperatures" and not as literal "battery temperatures" tia. In a single channel hobby charger the temperature reading would very much equal the battery temperature, in a powerful 4-bay charger it won't.

What is the real utility of this tiny program for Windows PC (WinXP, Win7, etc)?

Distilled answer: 1) Monitoring the four channels simultaneously at one single sight. 2) *.EXE-files are the only way to update the charger firmware. 3) Convenience of setting program settings.

Q. Well this looks plain. Will SKY or you update and release improved PC Link software version or soon?
    A. Why me? I am not programmer. I am not SKY. I am free tester only. Like you and me.

Q. Oki my bad. And what about others? Can others program their own open-source software?
    A. I guess. In fact SKY is sending a mc3k sample to one talented geman programmer to have a look at the implementation.

Q. Implementation in what? Which logging software are we talking about?
    A. Haha. Comes time, will announce.
    Last edited by kreisl; 11-09-2015 at 05:59 AM.

Man this is tempting. Do other RCSKY chargers do well?

I don’t need another charger in a drawer for special situations. This would replace my Fenix ARE-C2 that sits out all the time. With all the battery chemistries that the MC3000 supports, I wonder if it has auto detect. I only use NiMH and Lithium-ion and would hate to have to program it every time I stick a battery in it to do basic charging.,

I am also trying to determine if the 3000 can charge four 26650s at the same time. I charge 10440s and AAAs and up to 26650 cells. My Fenix will not do C and D cells. On my ARE-C2, all I need to know is which end is positive and away I go.

I an not saying I wouldn’t buy the MC3000 unless all these criteria are met, but I would like to know these answers before buying.

I only have two chargers that I have used the last couple of years. My Fenix ARE-C2 and a Maha MH-C808C. If the MC3000 proves reliable and it can seamlessly replace my Fenix, this charger will be mine.

Page 21 of 166 FirstFirst ... 111415161718192021222324252627283171121 ... LastLast