Foxfury Scout        
Page 34 of 166 FirstFirst ... 242728293031323334353637383940414484134 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 4958

Thread: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Unenlightened

Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Bad, that fogot say that need to add 9v slot charge. And may be add translations software to another languages in settings.
    I buy charger on GB, await for ship.

+1 for 9V battery support somehow

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by >PETE< View Post
    +1 for 9V battery support somehow
    Consider instead RC/hobby chargers, e.g. four $25 Accucels combined are smaller than the MC3000 (78% volume), and they provide more power and features (but are a bit less convenient if your typical MC3000 use is very simple, e.g. dummy mode).

Quote Originally Posted by Gauss163 View Post
    e.g. four $25 Accucels combined are
    sure that'll do, also same money

��
    Last edited by kreisl; 12-13-2015 at 05:42 PM.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by kreisl View Post
    ... but no joy in it. back to square one. wiring. et cetera
    Depends. MC3000 won't be so joyful if you need to (balance) charge packs. Which proves best will depend highly on the context. I get lots of local requests for advice. For some users I recommend single-cell chargers, and for others I recommend RC/hobby chargers. Better, get both if your budget allows and you'd like the best of both worlds.

Yay! Finally got mine yesterday!, I am very new to charging batteries the smartest charger that I had was an opus btc-2400, now this is the ferrary of the chargers!, I have a question for you that have this charger I wanted to know the capacity of a set of "4 aaa eneloops" so I did a refresh but whats the last capacity shown in the screen?
    1- the mAh that where put in the battery (last charge)
    2- the mAh that where taken from the battery (discharge)

I left the charger doing its thing because it was gonna take some time so I didn't take note of the mAh after the discharge (when it was resting). At the end of the refresh operation (the final charge) the mAh went up to 830mAh right after went down to 760mAh and stayed on that number.

Thanks for your help and Kreisl thank you so much for making this charger a reality!

Quote Originally Posted by megawolf View Post
    Yay! Finally got mine yesterday!, I am very new to charging batteries the smartest charger that I had was an opus btc-2400, now this is the ferrary of the chargers!, I have a question for you that have this charger I wanted to know the capacity of a set of "4 aaa eneloops" so I did a refresh but whats the last capacity shown in the screen?
    1- the mAh that where put in the battery (last charge)
    2- the mAh that where taken from the battery (discharge)

I left the charger doing its thing because it was gonna take some time so I didn't take note of the mAh after the discharge (when it was resting). At the end of the refresh operation (the final charge) the mAh went up to 830mAh right after went down to 760mAh and stayed on that number.

Thanks for your help and Kreisl thank you so much for making this charger a reality!
    After the cycle is finished the discharge capacity is shown. That's why you saw the 830mAh first, that was the final charge capacity, when it finished it switched back to show the discharge capacity 760mAh.

Quote Originally Posted by mms View Post
    After the cycle is finished the discharge capacity is shown. That's why you saw the 830mAh first, that was the final charge capacity, when it finished it switched back to show the discharge capacity 760mAh.
    Great! Thanks for your quick reply! The 4 eneloops have a diference between 4 an 10 mAh
    What a great charger this is, I just ordered a bunch of new eneloops to play with it .

Great! Thanks for your quick reply! The 4 eneloops have a diference between 4 an 10 mAh
    What a great charger this is, I just ordered a bunch of new eneloops to play with it .
    with new aaa eneloops the difference should be 2mAh max. if it's higher than that and you're puzzled by it then i'd check the calibration and fine tune it. it's the first thing i did when i got my test sample.

with new aaa eneloops the difference should be 2mAh max. if it's higher than that and you're puzzled by it then i'd check the calibration and fine tune it. it's the first thing i did when i got my test sample.
    Actually those that I used where 4 years old eneloops, I just ordered a bunch of them today and will try it when they get to my hands, I still need to learn how to calibrate it and buy a multimiter can you recomend me one that I can trust, to be honest to calibrate the charger is the only thing that I gonna use it for ,

I still need to learn how to calibrate it and buy a multimiter
    If the charger is anywhere near the promised specifications it is a bad idea trying to calibrating it, except if you have a high precision meter (Rater expensive).
    A meter like the UT61E is worse than 1.2% on current and the charger is specified as 0.1%.
    My website with battery, charger, usb reviews, comparisons & information: lygte-info.
    Latest addition is multimeter reviews

Quote Originally Posted by HKJ View Post
    I do not get any CSV files, only the BMP (I am running V1.01).
    Quote Originally Posted by HKJ View Post
    I am testing on a Win7 64 bit computer.
    column separator is semicolon, and decimal separator is automatically either comma or period depending on your country/OS settings. I can directly open the CSV-file with Excel 2010 (geman) without making use of the Excel Import File wizard.
    I freshly installed Win7 64-bit (ENGLISH) this morning —on my machine as parallel OS to my WinXP-SP3 (GEMAN)— and also .NET Framework 4.0 as requirement for running the PC Link Software (PCLS). If PCLS is launched from HDD, then it must be Run as administrator. Only then will it dump 2 files: BMP and CSV, together at the same time.

I could also verify that on an English system the decimal separator is a period (.) whereas on a geman system the decimal separator in the CSV-file becomes a comma (,), automatically.

The live saving is neat. For example, one hits the PCLS 'Save'-button at t=51sec, waits 9sec until t=60sec and then hits the 'Save'-button in the Windows dialog. PCLS will then dump all the data from t=0…60sec, while continuing to log the data (t=0…60…etc sec). It is not necessary to stop the logging ('Stop'-button) prior to saving the BMP/CSV dump.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by kreisl; 12-14-2015 at 03:26 AM.

If full capacity is near 2000mAh then 2mAh is only 0.1% difference. I doubt it is possible.

upd. sorry 2000mAh is for AA. But anyway having 4 diffferent eneloops in 4 different slots and 2mAh difference is something too good to be true.
    Last edited by verdum; 12-14-2015 at 03:37 AM.

I still need to learn how to calibrate it and buy a multimiter can you recomend me one that I can trust, to be honest to calibrate the charger is the only thing that I gonna use it for ,
    must be a special kind of stupid lol

Quote Originally Posted by chewy78 View Post
    must be a special kind of stupid lol
    Why? Because I'm going to spend some money on it? and then keep it collecting dust? Just to let you know there is a web site very famous where you can buy and sell used stuff, but thnaks for your help

Flashaholic*

...I still need to learn how to calibrate it and buy a multimiter can you recomend me one that I can trust, to be honest to calibrate the charger...
    As mentioned earlier in this thread by HKJ: "If I check something I expect is fairly accurate I uses Fluke 8846A or similar meter with about 10 times better accuracy."

Flashaholic*

I can't get the bluetooth app to work.
    I did a firmware update to 1.03 because it didn't work, it didn't help much

Samsung note 3 Android Version 5
    Samsung Galaxy tab S 10.5 Android Version 5.0.2

megawolf, for convenience you'd also need to get some banana-croco cables …

Perhaps most charger users have never done this before but could be facing the task, if they really wanted to play with the User Calibration feature of the MC3000 charger. The general procedure of performing the calibration task is described in the user manual and also demo'ed nicely on youtube. So here, i am only explaining how the multimeter is connected for the current measurement. This method is similar/analogous to HKJ's method of connecting a metering device with the battery in series, in order to measure the battery current.

We'll need a DMM (handheld/portable/desktop/bench/etc, anything with high resolution and reasonable accuracy), DMM leads in form of short charging cables (with gold-plated banana plugs on the one end, crocodile alligator clips on the other end), and eventually a short piece of highly conductive low resistance metal. Since you have a DMM, you could check the resistance of the metal piece. Tbh we don't urgently need the metal piece but they may help to reduce the contact resistance between the battery and the charging cable. If you're able to spare it, then spare it and let the (-) battery terminal connect to the end of the red charging cable (=red crocodile clip, in our example) directly.

1. In the above photo my "banana-croco" cables are sourced original/unmodded from a Junsi iCharger retail box. Banana-croco cables are standard packaging items in hobby charger retail boxes and they can also be purchased separately. Ebay or Hobbyking would list them under the search term < charge leads >. The leads should be as short as possible for lower resistance.
    2. One could use anything non-conductive, for example a sheet of dry paper, as insulator. I find a sleeve of unshrunk heat shrink tubing just perfect for our purpose.
    3. You really want to employ a piece of metal? I tested the metal parts from battery holders. Interestingly they have higher resistance than a nice copper wire (Draht).

Thanks to the larger footprint it feels natural, logical to connect the DMM leads near the (-)terminal of the battery where the slider is. First we need to electrically insulate the slider against the (-)battery terminal, so put the sleeve on. Then connect the red cable (DMM "+"positive lead) to the lower end of battery, with or without the addition of that metal thingy. Finally connect the black cable (DMM "-"negative lead) directly to tip of slider.

The red banana plug goes into the "A"-socket of the DMM, and the black banana plug (as always) into the "COM"-socket. On an auto-arranging DMM the correct setting would be the "A"-setting (and not the "mA"-setting!).

Done. You're now ready to measure the battery current externally with your DMM!

Quote Originally Posted by SubLGT View Post
    As mentioned earlier in this thread by HKJ: "If I check something I expect is fairly accurate I uses Fluke 8846A or similar meter with about 10 times better accuracy."
    I was thinking in the Fluke 87-V, but if the factory calibration is better than this one, I better leave it alone, But I gonna buy it or a better one in the future just to play with the eneloops and electric stuff, I don't make a living out of this but its a hobby that I really love.

We'll need a DMM (handheld/portable/desktop/bench/etc, anything with high resolution and reasonable accuracy)
    Does the Fluke 87-V fall into the reasonable accuracy? if yes I gonna buy it!
    Last edited by megawolf; 12-14-2015 at 10:28 AM.

Enlightened

Done. You're now ready to measure the battery current externally with your DMM!
    My measurement harness is a bit different: I use 0.1 Ohm resistor in series with the battery, to measure voltage drop, avoiding contacts & wiring issues. It's made with thin nickel plates glued together with Kapton tape: overall thickness is 0.4mm - easy to fit in between of battery and charger's contact. Also used to monitor the shape of current with oscilloscope...

Last edited by -Archie-; 12-14-2015 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by -Archie- View Post
    It's made with thin nickel plates glued together with Kapton tape
    Is that safe to use kapton for that ?

Mine arrived!! I always have my stuff delivered to work, so I don't have enough time to mess with it much until tonight and probably won't have time to do a ton until this weekend.

Any hoo, I plugged it in and right at the top of the lcd screen was the option for dummy mode. It made me giggle to read this. So I pushed enter and grabbed four cells that were convenient around my shop and inserted them.

It recognized the 18650 and two 26650s as Li-ion and the AA Eneloop as NiMH and started charging them at .7A. Awesome so far. It is big and definitely passes the eye test.
    Last edited by fnsooner; 12-14-2015 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fnsooner View Post
    It is big and definitly passes the eye test.
    ha-ha, what is the metodology of making that eye test ?

I freshly installed Win7 64-bit (ENGLISH) this morning —on my machine as parallel OS to my WinXP-SP3 (GEMAN)— and also .NET Framework 4.0 as requirement for running the PC Link Software (PCLS). If PCLS is launched from HDD, then it must be Run as administrator. Only then will it dump 2 files: BMP and CSV, together at the same time.
    I looked at bit more on it, the problem is not administrator or not, but where it dumps the file. With the bmp file you can select location, but the csv is always dumped in the same directory as the program file.
    My website with battery, charger, usb reviews, comparisons & information: lygte-info.
    Latest addition is multimeter reviews

Quote Originally Posted by verdum View Post
    ha-ha, what is the metodology of making that eye test ?
    It has nice lines and seems well built. It also doesn't have a bunch of unnecessary lettering all over it. It appears to be a nice, ready for business, contraption. My first impressions are all positive.

Welp, back to work.

Quote Originally Posted by fnsooner View Post
    It has nice lines and seems well built. It also doesn't have a bunch of unnecessary lettering all over it. It appears to be a nice, ready for business, contraption. My first impressions are all positive.
    as for me all that opus 3100, liitokala 500, mc3000... looks pretty much similar. except maybe the fact mc3000 is noticeable bigger.

Flashaholic*

as for me all that opus 3100, liitokala 500, mc3000... looks pretty much similar. except maybe the fact mc3000 is noticeable bigger.
    It may not be obvious from photos how much larger it is. Here are the numbers (not including power supply).

The MC3000 has 3.1 times the volume of the BT-C3100 or Lii-500.

The MC3000 weighs 2.6 times the C3100 and 2.0 times the Lii-500.

Enlightened

Is that safe to use kapton for that ?
    Safe? Hmm... No explosions nor mass poisoning so far...

Quote Originally Posted by Gauss163 View Post
    The MC3000 has 3.1 times the volume of the BT-C3100 or Lii-500.
    The MC3000 weighs 2.6 times the C3100 and 2.0 times the Lii-500.
    So that is why MC3000 costs 3 times more

Quote Originally Posted by -Archie- View Post
    Safe? Hmm... No explosions nor mass poisoning so far...
    I meant if it is good isolator to prevent short circuits along with good durability ?

Page 34 of 166 FirstFirst ... 242728293031323334353637383940414484134 ... LastLast