Angryfox        
Page 36 of 161 FirstFirst ... 262930313233343536373839404142434686136 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 4819

Thread: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 / CES 2016 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Got mine from HKE yesterday (14 Dec in Oz). Looks to me like the hard-copy Manual that comes with it is identical to the pdf that has been doing the rounds for a while and which we were told is a "pre-release".
    EagTac M25C2 Turbo_VN_XPG2-PDTc version; SureFire UB3T Invictus; Nitecore SRT7; TrustFire X6; LumaPower MVP (3xCree) , Sunwayman V11R; 4Sevens Quark AA Tactical; Nitecore DI (R2, GDP, Q5); LiteFlux LF2XT-R2;

Quote Originally Posted by dssguy1 View Post
    Get a delivery tracking app. They check it for you and send push notifications. I use the app called "Deliveries" on IOS.
    I do have it!!! But it checks every few hours, mine was out for delivery at 9:54am and the app notified me when it was delivered 4 hours later (From processed in customs to delivered)
    Last edited by megawolf; 12-14-2015 at 10:09 PM.

I was doing a refresh on 2 eneloops pro (3 years old) and the volts on slot 1 went from 1.23v to 1.02v to 1.24 during the discharge cycle. And the graph show something diferent than the other slot, the refresh cicle is set to defoult C>D>C
    slot #1

Slot #4

That happened with my XX's too using maha c9000 . It seems my xx's are toast. I posted about it on a thread somewhere. How old are your xx's and how many discharges?

*edit* I see you say, 3 yrs old. Similar to mine. I've seen lots of failures of xx's from around that time, me thinks there was a bad batch or that version were just poor... mine were bought from amazon.co.uk.

Can you see what their IR is?

Also, do you have any normal white loops to try? I bet it doesn't happen with them.
    Last edited by PapaLumen; 12-14-2015 at 11:35 PM.

Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Quote Originally Posted by megawolf View Post
    I was thinking in the Fluke 87-V, but if the factory calibration is better than this one, I better leave it alone, But I gonna buy it or a better one in the future just to play with the eneloops and electric stuff, I don't make a living out of this but its a hobby that I really love.

Does the Fluke 87-V fall into the reasonable accuracy? if yes I gonna buy it!
    Fluke 87-V is definitely reasonable accuracy - it's 0.05%....

HOWEVER...

We're talking $250-400 investment here (depending whether you buy used or new). Spending that much money just so you can calibrate a $100 battery charger seems a bit of an overkill.

My suggestion is this: if you're just starting out with electronics as a hobby, get yourself a cheap multi-meter in the sub-$20 range (google or search CPF, there's plenty on cheap multimeters on both). Play around with it and get a sense of what it's used for, and how you can benefit from it. Once you feel you're getting the hang of it, and another hobby hasn't stolen your attention away, then get something in the $60-100 range. And if some time from then you REALLY get into the electronics game, then you will KNOW when you need a Fluke.

However, if you have the cash to spend, and feel like splurging anyway, by all means... go for the Fluke
    The 87-V is THE go-to entry into the professional DMM game.

As for performing a user calibration on the MC3000, forget about it. Unless you're an electric engineer or are studying to be one, you are going to gain absolutely nothing from a user calibration.
    Last edited by hey_tommy; 12-15-2015 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kreisl View Post
    erh.. a little precaution, the PCLS might(!) not be working stably under Win10. Afaik the software was not approved for Win10. Of course one could still try to log data under Win10, no harm done, but DO NOT try to update the firmware under Win10. (There are reports of crashing PCLS under Win10, so.)

Do. Not.

you've been warned
    I would suggest enabling Windows 7 compatibility mode (right click on the shortcut/.exe, check the "Compatibility" tab) and see if PCLS continues to crash under Win10.

If it seems to run stable, then the brave can try firmware updating - but if you really want to be safe, I'd follow kreisl's advice

For those who ordered their MC3000 from GearBest, is there anyone else who shipped using the free expedited shipping (via DHL), and their package is still showing as being stuck in Singapore?

I got my shipping notification on Dec. 5th, and when I check tracking, it still says "Shipment Information Received - SINGAPORE, SINGAPORE", last updated on Dec. 4. Doesn't "Shipment Information Received" simply mean that they printed the shipping label/created the shipment in the online system, but not necessarily submitted the package?

Anyway, I should probably shoot GB an email and ask them what's up...

Quote Originally Posted by PapaLumen View Post

Can you see what their IR is?

Also, do you have any normal white loops to try? I bet it doesn't happen with them.
    IR Slot 1 = 58mΩ
    IR Slot 4 = 223m
    Ω
    Both were bought together from Amazon US and used together since I got them

Descharge cycles = about 30 or so (they last a good amount of time on my apple mouse)
    I'll try brand new white loops tomorrow (AA)

I tried some aaa white loops last night and yep! It didn't happen with any of them (I tried 4) they are about 4 years old
    Last edited by megawolf; 12-15-2015 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hey_tommy View Post

HOWEVER...

We're talking $250-400 investment here (depending whether you buy used or new). Spending that much money just so you can calibrate a $100 battery charger seems a bit of an overkill.

My suggestion is this: if you're just starting out with electronics as a hobby, get yourself a cheap multi-meter in the sub-$20 range (google or search CPF, there's plenty on cheap multimeters on both). Play around with it and get a sense of what it's used for, and how you can benefit from it. Once you feel you're getting the hang of it, and another hobby hasn't stolen your attention away, then get something in the $60-100 range. And if some time from then you REALLY get into the electronics game, then you will KNOW when you need a Fluke.

However, if you have the cash to spend, and feel like splurging anyway, by all means... go for the Fluke

As for performing a user calibration on the MC3000, forget about it. Unless you're an electric engineer or are studying to be one, you are going to gain absolutely nothing from a user calibration.
    Thank you so much! No wonder why I love this forum and its community so much. Eneloops and chargers brought me here some years ago and there is an answer for everything! But this charger made me open an account!

Quote Originally Posted by DBrier View Post
    The PC Link won't work either, but I'm on Windows 10. I hope that gets fixed soon. The software installs and opens, but it won't connect to the charger.
    No connection to my computer
    It has been re-confirmed today that PCLS has compatibility issues with Win10. In particular, updating the firmware on Win10 is a no-go for now. They are working on a PCLS version with Win10 support, rest assured.

In the meantime you can make sure that your PC Link works fine on the supported systems (WinXP/Win7/Win8):
    - Test different USB cables. Really. I mean it.
    - Test it on different PCs/laptops (Win7-pc1, Win8-laptop1, WinXP-pc2, Win7-pc3, etc)
    - Most importantly, make 100% sure that the USB cable is indeed really properly connected to the device. It can be a challenge, since the USB socket of/in the device is retracted in the casing and hard to connect to, properly.

On a freshly installed Windows system, e.g. Win7, as soon as you connect the mc3k USB cable to the PC, the Win7 will produce a notification in the system tray stating that the USB device has been automatically installed. And when you launch the PCLS, the PCLS should show "USB ON" in its own bottom right.

Point is, all production units have undergone quality checks QC and there should be nothing wrong with the hardware, e.g. the PC Link usb socket, itself. Please report back if you could run PCLS successfully on a different system, non-Win10 system.

Thank you. Seems good then.

For those who ordered their MC3000 from GearBest, is there anyone else who shipped using the free expedited shipping (via DHL), and their package is still showing as being stuck in Singapore?

I got my shipping notification on Dec. 5th, and when I check tracking, it still says "Shipment Information Received - SINGAPORE, SINGAPORE", last updated on Dec. 4. Doesn't "Shipment Information Received" simply mean that they printed the shipping label/created the shipment in the online system, but not necessarily submitted the package?

Anyway, I should probably shoot GB an email and ask them what's up...
    I order mine from them with free shipping, just today the tracking number changed from 'The item is pre-advise' to 'The item is at the PostNL sorting center' and shortly after that 'The item is on transport to the country of destination'. Since day 8/12 that is was showing 'The item is pre-advise', so it's all a matter of time. My longest wait time is yet to come, when the package arrive to customs, were in Portugal I know that they will give an headache, they are extremely slow. :/

Mine was shipped via free shipping from gearbest dec. 7th.
    Status at http://www.postnl.post/tracktrace has since dec. 10th been "pre-advised"
    Order status at gearbest is "Shipped out"

Man, this thing stays cool. I charged a couple of D cells up at 3A, just for grins, and the MC3000 is barely even getting warm. I have yet to even get the cooling fan to start up.
    Last edited by fnsooner; 12-15-2015 at 07:10 AM.

Things get warm and fast during discharge. On my test unit, SysTemp displays up to 83°C (with fan on) when discharging four fully charged 18650's at 4×(-1.00A). And one can feel the hot air coming out of the grille. In contrast, at -5 Watts total discharge power, discharging four fully charged Eneloop's at 4x(-1.00A) maxes out at 66°C SysTemp (with fan off) or 47…50°C (with fan set to 50°C) in room of 20°C room temperature.

I will include this kind of info/data in my leview. I am still gathering data from tests, e.g. running CYCLE programs. Really enjoyable product imho.
    Last edited by kreisl; 12-16-2015 at 09:16 AM.

Flashaholic

The two MC3000s I ordered from HKE were both shipped on Dec 4. One went thru Chicago and shows to be delivered by USPS today. The other shows processed by Hong Kong center on Dec 7,

The charger can handle both large and small batteries with the correct current:
    My website with battery and charger information: lygte-info.
    More than 1000 reviews of batteries, charges and other stuff.
    Compare 18650 LiIon batteries or smaller (RCR123, 16340, 14500, 10450) LiIon batteries.

but DO NOT try to update the firmware under Win10. (There are reports of crashing PCLS under Win10, so.)

Do. Not.

you've been warned
    Too late, already did it.

Since this isn't a software thread, i'll just say that i got it to work, even with error dialogs, but it was persistence, not doing anything in particular. Really, i just tried the ol' redownload, unpack again, try another unpacking tool (since RARs are rare around here), and clicking through "err" dialogs once i finally figured out that the charger wasn't going to be ruined if it went blank screen and i aborted the update because of a really long wait. CSVs work fine, no bitmaps, though. some window weirdness.

Quote Originally Posted by >PETE< View Post
    I haven't received my MC3000 yet, but downloaded the app and it just closes down when I try to open it. (iPhone 6S Latest iOS)

I'm assuming it shuts down as the Bluetooth connection isn't active, or that's what I hope.
    i'm on 6s and iOS 9.2, the app seems to close down, but i noticed it remains a "black screen of death" in the background of the iPhone. So it does not work. The MC3000 starts up, the blue bluetooth light goes on for a few seconds, no connection ever happens, tried several "orders," like phone->charger, charger->phone, clicking the more devices in bluetooth. i think we might be out of luck until an upgrade.

It has been re-confirmed today that PCLS has compatibility issues with Win10. In particular, updating the firmware on Win10 is a no-go for now. They are working on a PCLS version with Win10 support, rest assured.
    Hmm... definite problems there, not sure why clicking through the "err" dialogs eventually landed a good update (hopefully good, the charger is working and shows new firmware in the configuration). Maybe a USB driver error in the app, with nondestructive errors, so when i stepped through the errors, execution continued, i got lucky?

Question on the charger, even before the update (and still, after), if i try some old NIMH energizer AAAs, and it shows a voltage value, i think it was .7ish, so pretty low. Then when charging seems to start, it doesn't, and it say's "connection breaking" for that slot I can take these same cells, and they seem to charge fine on a CT-3400. Suspect the batteries are bad, and i haven't done any specific testing. But the "connection breaking" error wasn't very descriptive. When i have time, i'll test the batteries just for fun, since i'm disposing of all my old energizers and rayovacs and replacing with eneloops, among other things. Just wondering if anyone else has seen the connection breaking message?

Flashaholic*

Hi there.
    I am using Win 10 and everything is working properly even after updating to version 1.03.
    The .bmp and .CSV files is also there when open as admin.

But I did not see the warnings by kreisl until after the update AND the screen was frozen during the process so wait with updating the firmware until they/kreisl announce it work just fine with Win 10.

Now I am just waiting for the Android App to work properly and according to their support they are working with the issue.

"We are aware the problem of the APP and our engineers are working on it right now.
    Sorry for the inconvenience caused."

Anders

Nice photo HKJ! I'll copy your idea and will connect my 10180's this way too, i.e. the dummy battery touching the slider. Beautiful solution.

I have the feeling that this photo will be included in your review?

Nice photo HKJ! I'll copy your idea and will connect my 10180's this way too, i.e. the dummy battery touching the slider. Beautiful solution.
    The diameter of the spacer is a bit to large for use with the small cell, a spacer with smaller diameter would be much better.

I have the feeling that this photo will be included in your review?
    I have not put it in yet, but maybe.
    My website with battery and charger information: lygte-info.
    More than 1000 reviews of batteries, charges and other stuff.
    Compare 18650 LiIon batteries or smaller (RCR123, 16340, 14500, 10450) LiIon batteries.

Flashaholic*

I'm puzzled by your remark, isn't that what everybody does? (or something analogous?). Were you doing it some other way?

Flashaholic

megawolf, if you spend just a little more you can get the Fluke 289. It has awesome capability plus the DCV accuracy is .025%. I feel it is a much better value than the 87-V although it costs more.

HOWEVER...

Last edited by billcushman; 12-15-2015 at 12:16 PM.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by billcushman View Post
    If you spend just a little more you can get the Fluke 289...
    Which would be even more overkill. Even the claimed MC3000 accuracy is overkill for 99.9% of hobbyists. Serious question to those contemplating such: what are you doing that you think requires such high accuracy in a consumer-grade charger?

Quote Originally Posted by Gauss163 View Post
    Were you doing it some other way?
    i placed dummy and battery in reverse order = battery touching the slider

Flashaholic*

Things get warm and fast during discharge. On my test unit, SysTemp displays up to 83°C when discharging four (fully charged) 18650's at 4×(-1.00A).
    Are the voltage and current still within spec at those high temps?

Flashaholic

Which would be even more overkill. Even the claimed MC3000 accuracy is overkill for 99.9% of hobbyists. Serious question to those contemplating such: what are you doing that you think requires such high accuracy in a consumer-grade charger?
    megawolf, I posed the hey_tommy complete reply so you could consider just getting a cheap Multimeter. But if you decide to spend $$$$ for the 87-V, I suggested that you go ahead and spend a little more for the 289 for its huge capability. So my choice would be cheap Multimeter or Fluke 289. The Fluke 289 is probably the most capable portable Multimeter available. If you like nice instruments and have the money available the 289 is a great value for all it does.

Are the voltage and current still within spec at those high temps?
    yes

Page 36 of 161 FirstFirst ... 262930313233343536373839404142434686136 ... LastLast