Olight - S1R        
Page 39 of 161 FirstFirst ... 293233343536373839404142434445464989139 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 4819

Thread: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 / CES 2016 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

My shipment just showed up finally in Kansas City. I'm in Chicago so maybe 2 days more to wait.
    Started Collecting 10-9-15: VN54 Lights: Noctigon M43vn Goldilocks, ThruNite TN36UTvn XHP70 Shaved Dome, EagleTac M25C2vnT, SkyLumen SL2vn XPL V6 PDT / EagleTac: M30C2 XP-L HI V3, M30C2C Nichia 219B, M25C2 XM-L2 U2, P25LC2 / Fenix: E25UE, PD35 / Olight: S1 Baton / NiteCore: EC4S, EC11, TM06 / ThorFire: VG10

Got mine from HKE today
    The MC3000.exe works fine with Win 10. I started the MC3000.exe as administrator and in Windows 7 compatibility mode.
    I'm only not sure if I should risk the firmware update or not ??
    Ok I have tried it and Win 10 and Win 8.1 cant do a firmware update got both Update Err2...

I started a discharge from four Samsung 30Q which have 4.20V with 1A for each cell so 4A all together. After 10mins the charger turns the current from Slot 1 and Slot 2 down to 0.3A and the fan is running from the beginning and the charger doesnt feel warm. Why does it turn down the current from Slot 1+2?
    Last edited by Curetia; 12-16-2015 at 12:51 PM.

Got mine from GB today, shipped out 5 Dec with free auto and NL post. It will take some time to get use to the UI I think. Did an update to 1.03 and everything went ok it seems. MC 3000 monitor work fine win10, but not the bluetoth (Xperia Android). Tried 3 GP AAA 600mAh batteries and got a "Connection Break", don΄t know why yet. Have four different 18650 in the slots now and four different tasks and everything seems to work fine.
    Last edited by Zanders; 12-16-2015 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Curetia View Post
    I started a discharge from four Samsung 30Q which have 4.20V with 1A for each cell so 4A all together. After 10mins the charger turns the current from Slot 1 and Slot 2 down to 0.3A and the fan is running from the beginning and the charger doesnt feel warm. Why does it turn down the current from Slot 1+2?
    What is the SysTemp at that time? I am just curious.
    Last edited by kreisl; 12-16-2015 at 01:12 PM.

Enlightened

BTW, is there a list of changes/bug fixes for updates of firmware versions?

No, not on the website.

Flashaholic

I received one of the MC3000s I ordered from HKE yesterday. It was routed thru Chicago on December 13th. My second MC3000 has not arrived but I just received a message that it was routed thru Kansas City on December 15th, so it will probably be delivered by USPS tomorrow.

The first batteries I charged were three 5000mAh LSD NiMH C-Cells. I used Dummy Mode and set the current on all slots to 2A. After charging for over an hour I got blinking red slot lights and a message Capacity Cut. I restarted the charge and it finished and terminated properly. I didn't notice the mAh display on Capacity Cut but guess it was around 3500mAh.

In Global SetUp View (Dummy Mode) I changed several items successfully and it appeared to let me change the Fan Temperature from 122℉ to 104℉ but when I saved the settings it reverted back to 122℉. In GSV (Advanced Mode) it did save to 104℉.

I have not written any programs yet, but so far everything appears to work properly. I checked the displayed voltage when charging finished and it agreed with my Fluke 289 (.025% DCV accuracy) to better than .01VDC.

Flashaholic

hey_tommy, Please check your PMs.

Quote Originally Posted by billcushman View Post
    In Global SetUp View (Dummy Mode) I changed several items successfully and it appeared to let me change the Fan Temperature from 122℉ to 104℉ but when I saved the settings it reverted back to 122℉. In GSV (Advanced Mode) it did save to 104℉.
    Am glad that you found a way around.
    Btw, there is only one GSV .. but i know what you mean. Anyway, you know that you must "depress" the Enter button in GSV for the changes to be saved properly. Saving (in GSV, in SPV) is typically done with a depressing of the Enter button.

Anyway you might be right, there could be mini bug, a cute one

Flashaholic*

I posted earlier that MC300 Monitor worked properly in my OS Win10 but now I tried to charge and then rest 1 hour to discharge and used the program to do it and the charger only charged the cells and then quit.

Just to declare that my previous post was not right.

Anders

Quote Originally Posted by kreisl View Post
    What is the SysTemp at that time? I am just curious.
    At 85°C the current of Slot 1 + 2 goes down from 1.00A to 0.30A and sometimes goes up and down again and so on

Enlightened

received the first one from GB today
    impressive machine

Quote Originally Posted by Curetia View Post
    At 85°C the current of Slot 1 + 2 goes down from 1.00A to 0.30A and sometimes goes up and down again and so on
    Good to know. Glad that i asked! 85°C sounds like a familiar number to me from my prototype tests last year. It's a safety threshold programmed in the firmware and instead of issuing an error message right away (see manual, list of error messages) the FW reduces the discharge load following some algorithm in order to let the SysTemp cool down. Okay, so now we know it.

For the record, my SysTemp does not go higher than 83°C (with fan on) because i live in a cold room haha.

Please try discharging 3 (instead of 4) fully charged LiIons. My SysTemp maxes out at 69°C with fan on, which is far from the 85°C threshold. Let's compare your SysTemp!

Flashaholic

Am glad that you found a way around.
    Btw, there is only one GSV .. but i know what you mean. Anyway, you know that you must "depress" the Enter button in GSV for the changes to be saved properly. Saving (in GSV, in SPV) is typically done with a depressing of the Enter button.

Anyway you might be right, there could be mini bug, a cute one
    I didn't find a way around it. I can set the fan to something other than 122℉ in Advanced or Simple mode and depress Enter to save the Global Setup and it is saved. When I change the mode to Dummy the fan setting is always 122℉. If I change the mode to Advance or Simple the changed value is there. Global Setup View appears to work differently in Dummy Mode. When in Dummy Mode the new value of Fan appear to be saved when you push enter on that item, but when you depress Enter to save the setup only 122℉ is there.

Yay! I received my MC3000 yesterday from GB. Just wanted to comment on GB's unusual tracking reporting:

a) On 9th Dec I received an email from GB saying the item was shipped via DHL. Tracking number was given. Note: I chose the expedited shipping.
    b) Same day I checked DHL's website for tracking info. It just said "shipment info received on 4th Dec". Note: perhaps GB had packed and allocated tracking numbers earlier.
    c) 11th Dec - checked DHL's website again for updates. Said the same thing as above. I contacted GB support and they just gave a canned answer about waiting for DHL's website to update.
    d) 14th Dec - checked DHL's website again for updates, but it was the same status. Contacted GB support again and they said will investigate with shipper.
    e) 15th Dec - finally it was picked up by DHL Hong Kong. Tracking status updated.
    f) 16th Dec - I received the charger. It helps that I live in Asia and with DHL it usually just takes 1 day to reach me from HK.

Anyway, this charger is big! So much bigger than my Xtar VP2 or Pila IBG.

Going through the manual is a little intimidating - wow, there are so many options and settings and capabilities for this charger. I see now why this is classified as a "hobby charger", my first time using one.

Anyway, one thing I want to do is check the capacity for my AA NiMH batteries. Is using the Refresh function the appropriate one for this? As I understand it, Refresh will first charge the battery to full, then discharge it, and charge back to full. After that it will report the mAh capacity for discharge and charge right?

Both values should be available i think yes. What does the manual say? Let's check...

Both values should be available i think yes. What does the manual say? Let's check...
    On mine after the final charge is done the only available is the discharge value. It goes from accumulated capacity to discharge capacity right away, and I can't find a way to check the accumulated capacity after is done.

How are you guys accessing the refresh mode? Could someone give me a path?

I put a NiMH in slot one. I push #1 SNB and it allows me to change the charge current but no other changes can be made.

I can start the charge cycle and then push #1 SNB and I can view the mode, which says “Charge”. I can push the down arrow to highlight the charge mode but I can’t alter it.

I know I am just a keystroke away from getting there. The manual has a lot of generalizations but no exact path to change modes. Also, I am not using my iphone or computer. My versions are not compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by fnsooner View Post
    How are you guys accessing the refresh mode? Could someone give me a path?

I put a NiMH in slot one. I push #1 SNB and it allows me to change the charge current but no other changes can be made.

I can start the charge cycle and then push #1 SNB and I can view the mode, which says “Charge”. I can push the down arrow to highlight the charge mode but I can’t alter it.

I know I am just a keystroke away from getting there. The manual has a lot of generalizations but no exact path to change modes. Also, I am not using my iphone or computer. My versions are not compatible.
    Are you in "Dummy Mode"?

On mine I switched to "simple" mode, then I had to create a program for the refresh mode. I'm away from the charger now, so can't give you an exact step-by-step instruction.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Are you in "Dummy Mode"?

On mine I switched to "simple" mode, then I had to create a program for the refresh mode. I'm away from the charger now, so can't give you an exact step-by-step instruction.
    Yeah, I am in "Dummy Mode". I figured there was a default "Refresh Mode". No need to go through a step-by-step. At least for now. Thank you.

Flashaholic

I just charged three more 5000mAh NiMH LSD C-cells. I did not get the blinking slot LEDs and Capacity Cut message that I experienced yesterday on the first three. The highest charge received was 4700mAh. All three batteries terminated normally. I have no explanation for the difference in behavior compared to the first three batteries of the same type (all six batteries were EBL brand and just received from Amazon).

So is there a default "Refresh Mode"? For NiMH, LiIon, both? What are the steps?

Quote Originally Posted by fnsooner View Post
    Yeah, I am in "Dummy Mode". I figured there was a default "Refresh Mode". No need to go through a step-by-step. At least for now. Thank you.
    EagTac M25C2 Turbo_VN_XPG2-PDTc version; SureFire UB3T Invictus; Nitecore SRT7; TrustFire X6; LumaPower MVP (3xCree) , Sunwayman V11R; 4Sevens Quark AA Tactical; Nitecore DI (R2, GDP, Q5); LiteFlux LF2XT-R2;

Quote Originally Posted by 7histology View Post
    So is there a default "Refresh Mode"? For NiMH, LiIon, both? What are the steps?
    Nop, not in "Dummy Mode" Refresh is only available in simple or advanced mode, a program has to be created.

Please try discharging 3 (instead of 4) fully charged LiIons. My SysTemp maxes out at 69°C with fan on, which is far from the 85°C threshold. Let's compare your SysTemp!
    Tried to discharge three 18650s with 1A and after 12min it is at 72°C but I have to go to work so I stopped the discharging and will continue it today evening.

Finally got mine from HKE today. I don't have much to add just yet except that I like it. I only charged 3 King Kong 26650's @ 2 amps each in dummy mode. Bluetooth needs some work with Android, but I didn't really try to do anything with it besides allowing the SkyRC to connect with my phone.

Negative right off the bat is just that it's somewhat difficult to pull the cells out of the charger carefully. I don't want to fling them across the room and I'm always weary of breaking a spring on chargers like these. I'm not implying it'll break prematurely, just that I worry. I'm a worry wart.

Anyway, thus far I already appreciate it. Much more user friendly thnt busting out my icharger and 4-6 magnetic leads and charging in series. Looking forward to being an early adopter and hopefully getting timely firmware/software updates.

Quote Originally Posted by megawolf View Post
    , and I can't find a way to check the accumulated capacity after is done.
    when refresh is done, you get green led. then you can press the green snb. sov should show both values by alternating the numbers in the capacity row.

at least that's what the manual says.

i cant check, i cant interrupt my 24/7 charger testruns like CYCLE and BREAK_IN, sorry
    Last edited by kreisl; 12-17-2015 at 01:14 AM.

when refresh is done, you get green led. then you can press the green snb. spv should show both values by alternating the numbers in the capacity row.

i cant check, i cant interrupt my charger tests
    Mmmm I did that but I waited only 10 sec or so and it didn't alternate, I'll try tomorrow again

Ok, did my first attempt at doing a Refresh for a couple of Fujitsu AAA NiMH batteries today. In the Refresh program I specified the following:

Type: NiMH
    Capacity: 800mAh (this follows the nominal capacity of the batteries)
    Charge current: 0.4A
    Discharge current: 0.2A

Some questions:
    a) The discharge stopped when the batteries reach 0.90V. I thought for NiMH the typical discharge will stop at 1.00V - is this correct?
    b) During the charge cycle (after discharge) I got a "capacity cut" error. Why did this happen? Also, for my program should I then set the capacity to OFF?

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Some questions:
    a) The discharge stopped when the batteries reach 0.90V. I thought for NiMH the typical discharge will stop at 1.00V - is this correct?
    b) During the charge cycle (after discharge) I got a "capacity cut" error. Why did this happen? Also, for my program should I then set the capacity to OFF?
    Valid questions. And i am glad that i can answer them:

re a)
    Yes the manual lists correctly 1.00V for NiMH on page 11. ( Note that the MH-C9000 always discharges down to 0.90V fwiw. ) So the default in the firmware should be 1.00V in NiMH. In the next fw version this will be corrected, thanks for pointing out.

re b)
    I hope you read and understood the explanation of "capacity cut" in the manual, page 20. Entering 800mAh for a nominal 800mAh battery is not advisable. Personally i would set it to OFF but you can add your own buffer to it, for example 1.1*800 or 1.15*800 or 1.2*800.

Page 39 of 161 FirstFirst ... 293233343536373839404142434445464989139 ... LastLast