Olight - S1R        
Page 44 of 161 FirstFirst ... 343738394041424344454647484950515494144 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 4819

Thread: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Flashaholic

Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 / CES 2016 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Quote Originally Posted by aekvulture View Post
    I have some strange readings on "Batt IR" parameter... I think its not normal. On one of the batteries was figure was 7232 m​​
    Some of your batteries are probably not making good contact. When you insert batteries be sure to push down on the positive end of the battery to make sure it is not tilted in the slot. Until the negative contact pushes firmly against the battery, shorter batteries like AA or AAA are only supported for about one inch at the top. Look at the battery mounting surface with no batteries installed. Yoo can easily see the support area about one inch long around the temperature sensor and the other support area near the negative end of the slot. I learned this quickly, when some slots reported No Battery after I inserted small batteries.
    Last edited by billcushman; 12-19-2015 at 03:06 PM. Reason: major revision for clarity

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by billcushman View Post
    Some of your batteries are probably not making good contact.
    I will try reinsert those batteries again when program is complete. But look at the foto (AAA), how about 1 mΩ ? 2 AAA GP's have 1 mΩ. I reconnect them several times, but always got this result. I think that this IR is impossible.

I will try reinsert those batteries again when program is complete. But look at the foto (AAA), how about 1 mΩ ? 2 AAA GP's have 1 mΩ. I reconnect them several times, but always got this result. I think that this IR is impossible.
    I have a few GP that have 1mto, don΄t know why, strange.

Unenlightened

Kreisl, is it possible to extend the functionality? I would like to be able to measure the resistance did not start the program. Now, for this had to create a separate program with a minimum discharge current (0.05A), just to measure the resistance ... I think it's wrong and inconvenient.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanders View Post
    I have a few GP that have 1mto, don΄t know why, strange.
    When this kind of stuff happens, try once more and see if you get a more reasonable value.
    My website with battery and charger information: lygte-info.
    More than 1000 reviews of batteries, charges and other stuff.
    Compare 18650 LiIon batteries or smaller (RCR123, 16340, 14500, 10450) LiIon batteries.

Flashaholic

I have written a one page Quick Guide for Programming and Using the MC3000. This may help you become more proficient using your charger. I wrote this for myself but I wanted to share it with everyone. Thanks to HKJ for his suggestions.

PROGRAMMING AND USING THE MC3000

Decide what chemistry batteries you want to use. I chose Eneloop, Li-Ion, and NiMH. Write one program for one chemistry, inserting that type of battery in one slot. Then push the Slot Button to enter SPV, enter desired values, and Save to 01.

After that is done, go to Slot Programming View and change the program to some new characteristics, maybe Refresh rather than Charge. Specify the new parameters and Save to 02.

Continue this method for all the batteries of that Chemistry.

Insert a battery of a new chemistry, and change the program for the new chemistry and characteristic desired. Save to the next available program number.

Continue this method until you have created all the programs you desire.

To see what the various programs do, with no batteries in the slots, push any slot button. One program will appear. You can now scan thru all your programs by pushing the up and down buttons. Enough information is normally displayed so you can tell what each program number does without scanning the program.

Once you learn how to do this, you will be able to create six or seven programs in just a few minutes, and you can tell what the programs do by scanning thru the programs. I suggest you chose Advanced mode to have the most items appear.

Once you have all the programs you need and you can identify the program numbers easily, the MC3000 is very easy to use.

After you have easily created some some desired programs, proceed as follows to select the program and charge batteries.

Press Slot Number Key 1, use Arrow Keys to select program

Press Slot Number Key 2, use Arrow Keys to select program

Press Slot Number Key 3, use Arrow Keys to select program

Press Slot Number Key 4, use Arrow Keys to select program

Press and Hold Enter

To start charging on all slots press Enter
    To start charging a specific slots, press and hold the Slot Number Key.

This method easy and fast to use. I hope you find it helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by HKJ View Post
    When this kind of stuff happens, try once more and see if you get a more reasonable value.
    I did but same thing. I throwed them away and order some new eneloops instead yesterday, some of them got hot really fast. So far 12 batteries in the garbage can for batteries and more to come.

Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Quote Originally Posted by kreisl View Post
    sounds normal. if you prefer more stable end voltage, you could lower the charge termination current.

the lowest is Zero hehehe, see TERMINATION explanation in the manual ��
    Thanks for the explanation. I was trying to understand the relationship between termination current, end voltage and capacity.

Anyway, I also found this useful table from HKJ: http://lygte-info.dk/info/BatteryCha...rent%20UK.html

I did read all of it. But this is a complicated bit of gear (and very nice too). I would find a step-by-step guide for writing programs such as the (only) four that are automatically selectable on the Maha 9000 very useful. Or alternatively, and even better, a firmware update that allows such programs to be selected.

It may be that this is already there but a bit buried. In any case, I am not complaining - this is a great bit of gear.

Did anybody manage to read the entire manual?
    Helpful info or too much engrish tl;dr? ��
    EagTac M25C2 Turbo_VN_XPG2-PDTc version; SureFire UB3T Invictus; Nitecore SRT7; TrustFire X6; LumaPower MVP (3xCree) , Sunwayman V11R; 4Sevens Quark AA Tactical; Nitecore DI (R2, GDP, Q5); LiteFlux LF2XT-R2;

Happy Birthday for a few days ago.

Could you give us a step-by-step (ie., button-by-button) sequence for what you did?

Quote Originally Posted by billcushman View Post
    I have written a one page Quick Guide for Programming and Using the MC3000. This may help you become more proficient using your charger. I wrote this for myself but I wanted to share it with everyone. Thanks to HKJ for his suggestions.

PROGRAMMING AND USING THE MC3000

Decide what chemistry batteries you want to use. I chose Eneloop, Li-Ion, and NiMH. Write one program for one chemistry, inserting that type of battery in one slot. Then push the Slot Button to enter SPV, enter desired values, and Save to 01.

After that is done, go to Slot Programming View and change the program to some new characteristics, maybe Refresh rather than Charge. Specify the new parameters and Save to 02.

Continue this method for all the batteries of that Chemistry.

Insert a battery of a new chemistry, and change the program for the new chemistry and characteristic desired. Save to the next available program number.

Continue this method until you have created all the programs you desire.

To see what the various programs do, with no batteries in the slots, push any slot button. One program will appear. You can now scan thru all your programs by pushing the up and down buttons. Enough information is normally displayed so you can tell what each program number does without scanning the program.

Once you learn how to do this, you will be able to create six or seven programs in just a few minutes, and you can tell what the programs do by scanning thru the programs. I suggest you chose Advanced mode to have the most items appear.

Once you have all the programs you need and you can identify the program numbers easily, the MC3000 is very easy to use.

After you have easily created some some desired programs, proceed as follows to select the program and charge batteries.

Press Slot Number Key 1, use Arrow Keys to select program

Press Slot Number Key 2, use Arrow Keys to select program

Press Slot Number Key 3, use Arrow Keys to select program

Press Slot Number Key 4, use Arrow Keys to select program

Press and Hold Enter

To start charging on all slots press Enter
    To start charging a specific slots, press and hold the Slot Number Key.

This method easy and fast to use. I hope you find it helpful.
    EagTac M25C2 Turbo_VN_XPG2-PDTc version; SureFire UB3T Invictus; Nitecore SRT7; TrustFire X6; LumaPower MVP (3xCree) , Sunwayman V11R; 4Sevens Quark AA Tactical; Nitecore DI (R2, GDP, Q5); LiteFlux LF2XT-R2;

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by 7histology View Post

Could you give us a step-by-step (ie., button-by-button) sequence for what you did?
    Follow the Quick Start Guide on pages 4 thru 9 of the MC3000 Manual. Put the charger in Advance Mode and then create a Program following the Step by Step instructions on page 5 thru 8 of the Manual. You need to know what the chemistry of the battery is. Then probably select Charge. Select the charge current. If you have Eneloops, select Eneloop, chose the battery type (AA, AAA, or other choices that are available) and everything else is chosen for you. Once you create your first program follow the steps at the end of my guide and charge the battery. Once you follow the steps on pages 5 thru 9 and create your first program, everything else will become much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by 7histology View Post

I think billcushman has already given some valuable guidance.

Now you should explore and try creating some programs, then I think you will understand better the guide given by billcushman.

Flashaholic

The Video Tutorials that can be scanned in the Manual can easily be found on YouTube. Search for the following:

MC3000-1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSk5KtIHZ_M

MC3000-2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL7i_gzhedI

MC3000-3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIj6GbgK-M0

I cannot imagine why they didn't include a better way to access the YouTube Videos rather than requiring us to scan to locate the video. The videos are very short, but will probably help those that are having trouble. The audio volume is so low as to be almost unusable.
    Last edited by billcushman; 12-20-2015 at 12:20 AM.

Does anyone know how to mute the charge finished beeps? I figured out how to disable any button press noises, but it still beeps on charge complete which I really don't want late at night.

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by diablo266 View Post
    Does anyone know how to mute the charge finished beeps? I figured out how to disable any button press noises, but it still beeps on charge complete which I really don't want late at night.
    +100500 ! That night I woke up twice because of the end of charging (((

+100500 ! That night I woke up twice because of the end of charging (((
    I send you a pm can you see and answer it? (I do not remember the limits for new users).
    My website with battery and charger information: lygte-info.
    More than 1000 reviews of batteries, charges and other stuff.
    Compare 18650 LiIon batteries or smaller (RCR123, 16340, 14500, 10450) LiIon batteries.

Hi HKJ

Can you send me the same PM please? I am not a new user as you can see but my wife is threatening to strangle me if I don't stop the beeping!

Quote Originally Posted by HKJ View Post
    I send you a pm can you see and answer it? (I do not remember the limits for new users).

Quote Originally Posted by diablo266 View Post
    +1

Being able to mute the completion beeps would be nice option to have. The beeps are quite loud!

Maybe they could add a volume option and an on/off tune in the next firmware release.
    I didn't received mine so I cannot evaluate, but from what are you saying the tone it's too loud. I'm worried about my gf..if it's so she will kill me

Setting global setup option 'Beep Tone' to OFF disabled completion beeps on mine.
    FW version 1.02. Maybe the bluetooth app connection affected this? If it is running and connected to charger when program finishes, app emits a sound. When disconnected, still charger is quiet on program completion.

Here is my take on the initial set up and usage of the MC3K. There are two holes in the user manual that are annoying and frustrating to get past. Especially if you are like me and you come home from a long days work and are trying to get this thing going.

The number one hole in the manual is that it doesn’t do a good job defining where the “Dummy Mode” stops and the “Simple Mode” begins, e.g., I spent quite a bit of time looking for the “Refresh Mode” before I came on these forums and was told that you need to write a program in the “Simple Mode” in order to have any kind of “Refresh Mode”. The number one hole in the user manual is exacerbated by the number two hole in the manual.

The number two hole in the manual is that it does not give you instructions on how to go from zero programs created to one program created. Once a person has created the first program, then this charger becomes a whole lot easier.

Even in the video provided, it demonstrates how to create program number two. This is easy and probably doesn’t’ even need a video. The tricky part is going from zero programs created to one program created. There should be step by step instructions showing how to get to the area to do the initial program.

I pecked around on the buttons until I accidentally figured out how to create my first program. I still do not know exactly what the procedure is and will never need to know unless I do a factory default reset. But for all those that are having trouble getting to the area to set up your first program, the instructions are not in the manual(as far as I could tell).
    Last edited by fnsooner; 12-20-2015 at 06:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrey View Post
    Setting global setup option 'Beep Tone' to OFF disabled completion beeps on mine.
    FW version 1.02. Maybe the bluetooth app connection affected this? If it is running and connected to charger when program finishes, app emits a sound. When disconnected, still charger is quiet on program completion.
    I checked the manual and there is such option in GSV.. so maybe they missed it (like me when I readed the manual, sorry )

Some useless quick comments by me, taccato style:

- Bill thanks for the great write up for quick guidance!!
    - i will agree that the manual is mainly a reference for the program options, not even parameters!, rather than a user guide from zero for total beginners in the field. but hey, once you've taken the operation of the UI in, isn't it gratifying that you learned and mastered it somehow? also understand that enough leeway had to be provided such that after future firmware updates, changes of UI, the manual would not have to be completely revised but still remain true.
    - agreed the QR-code linked youtubes are super short and …
    - the maker put much effort and optimization in the actual implementation of Batt IR measurement, especially in regard to time. better reproducible values could be computed but that would take 1-3sec more of your waiting time per(!) slot, see "Processing...." when you hit the START button for a ready slot. 4 ready slots, 8sec additional waiting time until the charging starts, nobody would find that acceptable. the measurement is also falsified by momentary battery temperature (a hot battery has a different IR than a cold battery, right?) and the 3 contact resistances (battery poles touching the metal contacts, and the slider touching the rail), so it's a real challenge after all to produce reproducible values in a 4-bay charger with sliders. All contacting areas should be re-cleaned and optimal contacting must be ensured — and i do all this for my IR tests. If a tester "just quickly inserts" the cell and "hits the IR button", the device will show very differing measurements every time the user re-inserts the battery for a follow-up IR measurement and the tester would blame the device, which wouldn't be fair.
    - a separate function for Batt IR measurement? has been considered yet and they didn't come up with a convincing solution, maybe you can? Where should it be, in TOV, SPV, or GSV? Probably in TOV, or do you really need to have a new View for it? So how should it be invoked in TOV? For a newly inserted battery, both clicking and depressing the SNB is already occupied. Maybe depressing the UP and DOWN buttons together could invoke the IR measurement for all the ready slots and take the aforementioned extra ~2sec time per(!) slot for higher reproducibility? And the m-values would be displayed in the respective TOV rows for a few seconds only, even though the TOV columns continue to say CURR and mAh, yah? Off the top of my nutty squirrel that'd be one spontaneous idea. Maybe not the worst but also not the best. Got any better concrete idea for implementation? Just saying 'i want dis an dat' without ausmaling how it could be agreeably implemented/realized in concrete detail, isn't helpful to the maker. yes, i'd like separate IR measurement too. so i am listing my own idea haha.
    - the Dummy mode came into firmware and manual last minute by idea of Fernando, as an afterthought. I exclusively use Advanced Mode. Imho more fun.
    - the beeping … maybe you guys found a bug. I can't remember having heard any beeping upon program completion after i had set it to OFF in GSV. At night, i always sleep with earplugs. No matter where i am. I can't stand hearing my own breathing or rustling of the sheets.
    Last edited by kreisl; 12-20-2015 at 08:34 AM. Reason: hhh

Enlightened

- a separate function for Batt IR measurement? has been considered yet and they didn't come up with a convincing solution, maybe you can? Where should it be, in TOV, SPV, or GSV? Probably in TOV, or do you really need to have a new View for it? So how should it be invoked in TOV? For a newly inserted battery, both clicking and depressing the SNB is already occupied. Maybe depressing the UP and DOWN buttons together could invoke the IR measurement for all the ready slots and take the aforementioned extra ~2sec time per(!) slot for higher reproducibility? And the m-values would be displayed in the respective TOV rows for a few seconds only, even though the TOV columns continue to say CURR and mAh, yah? Off the top of my nutty squirrel that'd be one spontaneous idea. Maybe not the worst but also not the best. Got any better concrete idea for implementation? Just saying 'i want dis an dat' without ausmaling how it could be agreeably implemented/realized in concrete detail, isn't helpful to the maker. yes, i'd like separate IR measurement too. so i am listing my own idea haha.
    - the Dummy mode came into firmware and manual last minute by idea of Fernando, as an afterthought. I exclusively use Advanced Mode. Imho more fun.
    kreisl, separate IR measure you mean (I think) to make a measure with a little discharge pulse (as happen for example in B6-MINI) ?
    I think it should be in TOV, after battery was inserted, maybe by simultaneous pressing of SNB+ENTER or SNB+STOP ?

PS: many thanks to have sponsored the Dummy_mode. It is the only way I can persuade some my friends vapers to get one MC3K

Probably I would wait 2/3 seconds/slot to have a better IR measure.
    But maybe, would be possible to add a new program only for IR measurement? So a fast IR measure like now and a more precise one with a program?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdinando View Post
    maybe by simultaneous pressing of SNB+ENTER or SNB+STOP ?
    Hmmm. The disadvantage of SNB+? pressing would be 1) mis-pressing (ENTER=>START, STOP=>STOP), and 2) multiple presses, for example at least 4 double-presses for a bay with 4 ready slots.

I still see my idea (UP+DOWN) ahead: just 1 double-press and you get all 4 readings (after 8sec of waiting time) at once, and if mis-pressed, nothing bad happens.

Quote Originally Posted by scarnific View Post
    Probably I would wait 2/3 seconds/slot to have a better IR measure.
    But maybe, would be possible to add a new program only for IR measurement? So a fast IR measure like now and a more precise one with a program?
    Hmmm. Thinkable would be to introduce another official Operation Mode: Charge, …, Break_in, Batt IR. That operation mode would have 0.00/-0.00A for the charge transfer rates and most other options fixed OFF's. So you could create a program PROGRAM[01] which runs like a normal program (red SNB->green SNB) and which does nothing but measuring IR by taking as much time as needed, e.g. 3-7sec including self-repeated measurements, of course. But hey, that's imho not a more elegant idea than the UP+DOWN in TOV ymmv.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Archie- View Post
    With existing mechanical design of contacts, precise measurement of milliohm values is impossible...
    Very true.

Does HKJ like the IR measurement so far?
    Last edited by kreisl; 12-20-2015 at 08:53 AM.

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by scarnific View Post
    Probably I would wait 2/3 seconds/slot to have a better IR measure. But maybe, would be possible to add a new program only for IR measurement? So a fast IR measure like now and a more precise one with a program?
    With existing mechanical design of contacts, precise measurement of milliohm values is impossible...

Hmmm. Thinkable would be to introduce another official Operation Mode: Charge, …, Break_in, Batt IR. That operation mode would have 0.00/-0.00A for the charge transfer rates and most other options fixed OFF's. So you could create a program PROGRAM[01] which runs like a normal program (red SNB->green SNB) and which does nothing but measuring IR by taking as much time as needed, e.g. 3-7sec including self-repeated measurements, of course. But hey, that's imho not a more elegant idea than the UP+DOWN in TOV ymmv.
    Yes, you are right. I think your idea would be simple and effective.. better than a new operation mode or a program.

Flashaholic

After I discharged four EagleTac 3400 18650 batteries at 1A, I proceeded to charge them at 3A, but the display indicated a charge rate of .15A. I modified the charge rate and even tried the second charger, always with the same results. Finally after a few frustrating minutes I decided that the 18650 protection circuit must have tripped (it had not tripped, the charger entered a deeply discharged battery mode explained by Kreisl in a later post), so I waited while the MC3000 was charging at .15A. After about 5 minutes the charge rate on one battery increased to the normal value. In about 10 minutes the other 3 18650s returned to the normal charge rate. Hopefully, my experience will prevent others from being frustrated by the same symptoms.
    Last edited by billcushman; 12-20-2015 at 12:13 PM.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by fnsooner View Post
    I pecked around on the buttons until I accidentally figured out how to create my first program. I still do not know exactly what the procedure is and will never need to know unless I do a factory default reset. But for all those that are having trouble getting to the area to set up your first program, the instructions are not in the manual(as far as I could tell).
    I'm sorry you are having so much trouble. Please read step 5 on page 5 of the manual. Print out pages 4 thru 9 of the Manual. If you have Eneloops and 18650s, create one program to charge Eneloop and one program to charge Li-Ion. Use the charger and try to get more familiar with it. I suggest Advanced Mode because it offers more options than Simple Mode and you can skip most of the items you don't need to change. As you become more familiar with the charger you can modify the two programs you have created by changing Charge to Refresh, setting the Charge and Discharge Values and save both as two new programs. Once you have some batteries charging, push the Up Arrow, the display will change to Diagram Drawing View. Push the Up Arrow again to see the other slots. Push Enter to return to Total Over View. After you learn a little more, explore more of the Manual.

Page 44 of 161 FirstFirst ... 343738394041424344454647484950515494144 ... LastLast