Gearbest        
Page 53 of 161 FirstFirst ... 34346474849505152535455565758596063103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 4819

Thread: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 / CES 2016 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Quote Originally Posted by kreisl View Post
    It is imho more economic and sensible to rather buy a set of Eneloops instead of letting the charger run for 1 week 24/7 non-stop to complete the 5+ cycles of Break_in operation mode on ausgelutschte Varta/Duracell/Imedion NiMH's.
    Ausgelutschte? Too hard a nut to crack for Google Translate, but surely not for the Squirrel, right?

Yeah, it's pretty advanced geman language my skills

Quote Originally Posted by morcegolas View Post
    I was trying to install DataExplorer in my Raspberry Pi, but without any luck. The reason is the same, to not have a hungry pc ON all the time, besides RPI can be powered by MC3000 Usb, and with tightvncserver it's a great headless. The problem it's to compile from source to ARM6, what I don't know how to do it. :/
    Oracle Java is packaged for Rasbian. Both arm6 and 7 and hard float. Data explorer is a Java program so you need the Java runtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Floppy View Post
    Oracle Java is packaged for Rasbian. Both arm6 and 7 and hard float. Data explorer is a Java program so you need the Java runtime.
    And how do you suggest me to do that? I already have run the following commands:

[CODE]sudo apt-get install openjdk-8-jre
    sudo apt-get install libswt-gtk-3-java
    [/CODE]

And my java version is:
    [CODE]pi@raspberrypi ~ $ java -versionopenjdk version "1.8.0_40-internal"
    OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_40-internal-b04)
    OpenJDK Zero VM (build 25.40-b08, interpreted mode)[/CODE]

Unenlightened

Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

I bought SKYRC MC3000

I wonder why I have an application MC3000 Monitor v1.01 message to check the firmware ?

Curent Version: 1.02
    Firmware List: can't get firmware from internet

Charger is hrdwer ver. 1.04

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zocra View Post
    I bought SKYRC MC3000

I wonder why I have an application MC3000 Monitor v1.01 message to check the firmware ?

Curent Version: 1.02
    Firmware List: can't get firmware from internet

Charger is hrdwer ver. 1.04

Thanks
    Firmware update server has been temporarily disabled by SkyRC, as there were reports of people bricking their chargers due to some issues with the app freezing during firmware update. SkyRC is looking into it, but due to the Chinese New Year holiday season coming up, we probably won't see anything for a month or two.

The latest firmware prior to it being taken down was v1.03, and the changes were very minimal (you can scan the thread for details, if you feel like catching up on 50 pages of posts) - so basically, just use the charger and don't worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ilgrank View Post
    Hello everyone
    -I have found a strange bug, and would be grateful if someone could try to replicate it.
    Basically, since I don't want to leave my (power hungry) pc on all the time to log the battery data, I have connected the MC3000 to my low-power Win7-64 sever, wich I do monitor via VNC.
    After 5-10 seconds from starting MC3000 monitor tho, VNC server stops responding. The same happens via RDP.
    Since this seems very strange, I have been able to replicate the issue both on an older XP32 machine and on a Win7 32 one. Always same issue: I manage to configure the slots, start the progam. The monitor begins to log the data and then.. all connections do close. No matter what I do, I have to restart the server before being able to connect again.
    (btw, psexec DO work)
    Should someone else is having my same problem: MC3000 Monitor is detected by Windows Firewall as a potentially dangerous Software which, in turn, raises the Firewall in a higher security state (lockdown)
    Either you have to disable completely the Windows Firewall or explicitly trust the MC Monitor.

Proposed feature: (I've read all the thread, but sorry if I missed a similar proposal)
    Make the Programs exportable as XML, so that a database of 'recipes'could be made.
    Sharing the programs among the users could help the less expert among us, enhance the experiments, and the best recipes would be available to everyone..
    what do you think of it? Given MC Monitor is already able to read from the charger, it should be trivial to make the programs exportable..

Thanks and happy new year to everyone!

Flashaholic*

I'm a year late to this party! I almost always charge more than 4x18650 at the same time. Would the app work on both chargers? How will it work with 2 of these chargers?

Been observing this thread for awhile now. Seems like this is a really good charger, despite having minor bugs. But so far this happens to be the most multi chemistry charger out. Even supports alkaline rechareables (once its unlocked of course). Sucks tht i won't be getting mines anytime soon. Anyways

Happy New Years to all and just be sure its not your cells lighting up for the new years. So stay safe out there lol.

Flashaholic*

I'm gonna retire my d4 and i4 chargers and get 2 of these. I've been looking for a 4 slot 18650 charger with at least 2a charging.

And how do you suggest me to do that? I already have run the following commands:

[CODE]sudo apt-get install openjdk-8-jre
    sudo apt-get install libswt-gtk-3-java
    [/CODE]
    That's openjdk. Doesn't work then?

Try oracle Java. I'm not a Java fan but you should be able to get the package name with
    [code]
    apt-cache search java | grep -i oracle
    [/code]

Mr Floppy, I'm not up to the job, maybe someone with the know how can port this to RPi, it's a nice solution. I'll wait and see.

Thanks anyway!

Mr Floppy, I'm not up to the job, maybe someone with the know how can port this to RPi, it's a nice solution. I'll wait and see.

Thanks anyway!
    I'll try and get it going but I won't be getting the charger unless I can win one from the gear best giveaway. Should be able to run it without a charger but I'm still in holiday mode until at least mid January

Quote Originally Posted by magnum70383 View Post
    Would the app work on both chargers? How will it work with 2 of these chargers?
    Hi there, the app would work with 1 charger only, i think it's mentioned in the manual. I am surprised that so many people mention the app. I know that the app is boldly advertised and that Skyrc is really proud of having developed their own proprietary bluetooth module, a key component which they have been integrating successfully in recent chargers and several other electronic gadgets but personally i don't mind its existence and functionality (or the non-functioning). Too much hassle, i prefer the device-human mechanical interaction. Users may have noticed that the fw and the app are somehow different from each other, heterogeneous, not fully adapted, not matching. True. And nobody knows when the gap between fw development status and app development status will be closed, and I certainly wouldn't hold my breath. If you buy the product mostly because of the app functionality, then you'll be disappointed. I don't need it, i don't use it, so i am not disappointed with it lol
    Yes and happy new year everyone!

Q. Are you still planning to post a full review of the entire product (hardware, firmware, PCLS, DEX, android app)?
    A. I am busy with battery tests and looking for firmware bugs. That has higher priority now. I won't review the app.

Q. When will it be posted?
    A. By the time of late publication it will have lost relevance because the product is well-known by then and no news.

Q. What about bias?
    A. Good point. All my constructive criticism was already processed before market release and i do belittle what is left.

Hi there, the app would work with 1 charger only, i think it's mentioned in the manual. I am surprised that so many people mention the app. I know that the app is boldly advertised and that Skyrc is really proud of having developed their own proprietary bluetooth module, a key component which they have been integrating successfully in recent chargers and several other electronic gadgets but personally i don't mind its existence and functionality (or the non-functioning). Too much hassle, i prefer the device-human mechanical interaction. Users may have noticed that the fw and the app are somehow different from each other, heterogeneous, not fully adapted, not matching. True. And nobody knows when the gap between fw development status and app development status will be closed, and I certainly wouldn't hold my breath. If you buy the product mostly because of the app functionality, then you'll be disappointed. I don't need it, i don't use it, so i am not disappointed with it lol

Q. Are you still planning to post a full review of the entire product (hardware, firmware, PCLS, DEX, android app)?
    A. I am busy with battery tests and looking for firmware bugs. That has higher priority now. I won't review the app.

Q. When will it be posted?
    A. By the time of late publication it will have lost relevance because the product is well-known by then and no news.

Q. What about bias?
    A. Good point. All my constructive criticism was already processed before market release and i do belittle what is left.
    I know you wont and can not review the app as its not working at all...

And thats real shame.. And this charger without an app is just another charger..
    With very bad user interface... Not intuitive at all... It should need complete redesign...

Very disappointed.

Enlightened

Skyrc is really proud of having developed their own proprietary bluetooth module,
    As for me, it was a failure. Standard Bluetooth and USB serial ports, and the ability for PC software to select particular COM port to use would be more attractive feature, preventing whole bunch of problems...

personally i don't mind its existence and functionality (or the non-functioning). Too much hassle, i prefer the device-human mechanical interaction.
    My POV is opposite: I consider device's local LCD and controls "a nice addition" to my normal computer-based data acquisition routine.

Happy New Year!

Is there a way to change all slots to the same program at once or do I have to always do it one slot at a time?

kreisl, I wonder why when performing a CYCLE type program it is only possible to view the discharged capacity in SOV once a cycle is completed. I mean it could (and I believe should) flash between charged and discharged right after the discharge stage is finished. Can you add this as a suggestion (I don't remember its being mentioned before)?

Flashaholic

When you are reviewing the program, go down to the last item "Save to xx" and click Enter. Push the Up Arrow once (it should read Slots). Push Enter and it will save the program to all Slots. I use this feature all the time. I usually want all slots the same and it is very convenient. Let me know if you have any difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by fnsooner View Post
    Is there a way to change all slots to the same program at once or do I have to always do it one slot at a time?

Quote Originally Posted by B-2Admirer View Post
    Can you add this as a suggestion (I don't remember its being mentioned before)?
    decision re this idea was already taken internally months ago, and me too i had voted against that idea.

see also #1217.

( one could think of a compromise, a new item in GSV called "Cycle Show: {Dischg|Chg|Both}" but here too i'd rather scrap everything and not bother. i've added it to our list but won't be adamant about it )
    Last edited by kreisl; 01-01-2016 at 10:59 AM.

...yep, that also works - if you wanna save to all slots by "one-click", just go to "Save to xx", then press and hold ENTER roundabout 2 secs - done ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by billcushman View Post
    When you are reviewing the program, go down to the last item "Save to xx" and click Enter. Push the Up Arrow once (it should read Slots). Push Enter and it will save the program to all Slots. I use this feature all the time. I usually want all slots the same and it is very convenient. Let me know if you have any difficulty.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Suarez View Post
    ...yep, that also works - if you wanna save to all slots by "one-click", just go to "Save to xx", then press and hold ENTER roundabout 2 secs - done ;-)
    Thanks! That saves even more time and is simpler. Once you become more familiar with the MC3000, it is very easy to use.

Unenlightened

I tried to charge deep discharged 18650 battery. Voltage was around 2 volts. I inserted it into charger and it said "Check voltage"(refresh mode). Yes, I know, thats is a good and coorect behavior to protect user from mistake. I also found that if I change discharge voltage, charger accept battery, but that is not comfortable to do each time. So, is there any simple way to force charger to start with deep discharged li-ion battery and ommit "check voltage" message?

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer_vrn View Post
    I tried to charge deep discharged 18650 battery. Voltage was around 2 volts. I inserted it into charger and it said "Check voltage"(refresh mode). Yes, I know, thats is a good and coorect behavior to protect user from mistake. I also found that if I change discharge voltage, charger accept battery, but that is not comfortable to do each time. So, is there any simple way to force charger to start with deep discharged li-ion battery and ommit "check voltage" message?
    1) Get the answer from FAQ 7) of the manual.
    2) The LiFePO4 chemistry has {2.00|2.01|…|3.14|3.15}V voltage range for mc3k discharge cut-off, so it should accept 18650 with 2.0V offline voltage. You could try to pre-charge the battery with 0.15A in LiFe from 2.0V to 3.40V target, then stop, then switch to a charge program with LiIon chemistry and 4.20V target.

Don't try this, though. Processing over-discharged LiIon's is hazardous.
    I don't advise or recommend 2), it's just a theoretical mind experiment to outline that, in theory, technically, charging from 2.0V to 4.20V could …

Quote Originally Posted by TeMpL View Post
    And thats real shame.. And this charger without an app is just another charger..
    Actually, even without the app the MC3000 is still better than other chargers.

The app is icing on the cake.

With very bad user interface... Not intuitive at all... It should need complete redesign...

Very disappointed.
    The user interface might not be intuitive. I also thought it would be complex at first. However, spend some time with it and you'll realize it isn't that difficult either.

decision re this idea was already taken internally months ago, and me too i had voted against that idea.
    With what rationale, if you don't mind my asking? I mean how can it be wrong for it to start alternating after the "discharged" value is obtained, rather than after the program completion? I'm only talking about the last obtained value, of course, not all of them. And yes, showing both charged and discharged capacities as separate readings would be better indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by B-2Admirer View Post
    And yes, showing both charged and discharged capacities as separate readings would be better indeed.
    Could you tell me the difference between these two? I was always thinking that the capacity can be measured on discharge or charge because they are the same. As I see, I am wrong.
    Sorry for my english. Acebeam k70, Armytek Predator -Dobermann Pro V3 XP-L HI and XHP35, Barracuda Pro V2 XP-L HI, Tiara A1 Pro V2 and C1 Pro V2, Wizard Pro V3 XHP50 and XPL, Partner C4 Pro v3 XHP35, Nitecore TM26, TM16GT, MH20, P12GT, SKYRC MC-3000..+++

Thumbs down Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Update. I now see the refund posted on my account. So basically. Back to square 1. Charger is still out of stock. And so far this thread has been giving me mix feelings about this charger. I know this is a new charger that just been released. However, Opus has been out for a good while that the bugs has been ironed out. And, it is much cheaper that, i can get 2 to replace my current chargers. But something tells me that this is one of those things in life, and goes without the saying. Good things will come for those that wait?...lol. Anyways, this whole buying experience has been for me.

Quote Originally Posted by gyzmo2002 View Post
    Could you tell me the difference between these two? I was always thinking that the capacity can be measured on discharge or charge because they are the same. As I see, I am wrong.
    Obviously, no cell is 100% efficient, which means that when charging some of the used energy is wasted (mostly converted into heat). That's where the difference between the charged capacity and the discharged capacity comes from.

Page 53 of 161 FirstFirst ... 34346474849505152535455565758596063103153 ... LastLast