Fenix Outfitters        
Page 63 of 161 FirstFirst ... 135356575859606162636465666768697073113 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,890 of 4819

Thread: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Default SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Quote Originally Posted by MarioJP View Post
    That's good to hear. I don't mind waiting another week. Def beats Gearbest's customer service that's for sure.
    With GB and PostNL, it took 2 weeks to have something on the tracking. The first message: Item is pre-advice. 2 weeks later: Item has left the for the country destination. 1 week later: Item is arrived to the country destination. 3 days later, I received it but the last message has never been updated to say delivered.

I'm in Montreal and took the free shipping from GB. We don't see many info with PostNL tracking.

I just check the tracking info my TM16GT from Banggood and PostNL, it seems that it will be the same story. Item is pre-advised...it's gonna take 5 weeks as GB with the free shipping, I think.
    Last edited by gyzmo2002; 01-19-2016 at 12:41 PM.
    Sorry for my english. Acebeam k70, Armytek Predator -Dobermann Pro V3 XP-L HI and XHP35, Barracuda Pro V2 XP-L HI, Tiara A1 Pro V2 and C1 Pro V2, Wizard Pro V3 XHP50 and XPL, Partner C4 Pro v3 XHP35, Nitecore TM26, TM16GT, MH20, P12GT, SKYRC MC-3000..+++

Wrong thread, sorry.
    Last edited by gyzmo2002; 01-19-2016 at 01:09 PM.
    Sorry for my english. Acebeam k70, Armytek Predator -Dobermann Pro V3 XP-L HI and XHP35, Barracuda Pro V2 XP-L HI, Tiara A1 Pro V2 and C1 Pro V2, Wizard Pro V3 XHP50 and XPL, Partner C4 Pro v3 XHP35, Nitecore TM26, TM16GT, MH20, P12GT, SKYRC MC-3000..+++

Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Quote Originally Posted by gyzmo2002 View Post
    With GB and PostNL, it took 2 weeks to have something on the tracking. The first message: Item is pre-advice. 2 weeks later: Item has left the for the country destination. 1 week later: Item is arrived to the country destination. 3 days later, I received it but the last message has never been updated to say delivered.

I'm in Montreal and took the free shipping from GB. We don't see many info with PostNL tracking.

I just check the tracking info my TM16GT from Banggood and PostNL, it seems that it will be the same story. Item is pre-advised...it's gonna take 5 weeks as GB with the free shipping, I think.
    It just seems hke is more organized and have their stuff together when it comes to shipping. The moment i hit submit order. The order was processed so fast that it was probably shipped out before the shipping confirmation. But i rather that they ship with no confirmation than have all these confirmations and nothing gets done. I don't know that was my experience between gb and hke.

Quote Originally Posted by -Archie- View Post
    Is it specific to particular slot, or cell?
    It΄s just that cell with same results in different slots. I think I tried it at least 4 times, thats why I took the protection circuit away but the results stays. The cell is not so much used, maybe charged 10-15 times or so. Last time I did a CDC it looks better but falls and rise rapidly in the top as usual. I would like to try to refresh it but do not know if there is any danger involved when it look like this in the graph.

Quote Originally Posted by kreisl View Post
    Never seen dis before. Could be due to the slider making poor contact with the rail. Afaik Sky puts some grease on the rail, which is imho unnecessary. So first thing what i did when i got my unit: i opened up the charger carefully, tempered with the installation of the ventilation fan ggg, did a Mr Proper Q-Tip cleaning job of the already clean PCB, checked the general assembly (enough thermal paste on all temp sensors?), and cleaned the conductive(?) grease completely off the rails, also degreased and cleaned the sliders and noticed that they had some sharp (oops) sliding edges which i then rounded off with sandpaper or a lil file. I wouldn't call it modding but maintenance.

Do new owners need to perform maintenance on a freshly manufactured charger? No, of course not. (And it is not easy as popcorn to re-assemble the unit, the sliders and springs are a challenge hh.) But i wanted to check the assembly anyway, so fumbling with rails and sliders came todo natural

May your unit requires such maintenance. It's the first thing i would try.

And if you don't want to open the charger, you could try to clean the rails with a Q-tip (+alcohol) as best as you can. Also let us know the internal resistance measurement in SOV.
    I will open it up soon, but I can΄t get enough of charging for the moment, I really like this one.
    When the cell is ice cold 127mohm, have it outside in a plastic bag. The other ones (same) I have here is 102mohm and 109mohm warm.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanders View Post
    It΄s just that cell with same results in different slots.
    So you tested this cell in different slots and always got the jagged voltage line.
    And when you tested other batteries in all 4 slots, there was nothing like that.

oic

Then i will come to the conclusion that it has something to do with your battery, not with the charger.
    And then you don't need to perform maintenance inside the charger.

(…)

I am buying now a new mc3k USB data cable from Fasttech. Braided Anker lookalike. (EDIT: order placed. yay)
    Last edited by kreisl; 01-19-2016 at 01:57 PM.

Enlightened

It΄s just that cell with same results in different slots.
    Hmm, I've seen such things before: on Panasonic with poorly soldered protection PCB, and on cheap Chinese no-name unprotected cell. For the latter, it was obviously caused by internal connectivity problems...

Hmm, I've seen such things before: on Panasonic with poorly soldered protection PCB, and on cheap Chinese no-name unprotected cell. For the latter, it was obviously caused by internal connectivity problems...
    It΄s this cell from Banggood. Panasonic NCR 18650B.
    Last edited by Zanders; 01-19-2016 at 03:19 PM.

Yes, happened 1 time with ncr18650b protected after droppind the cell on the floor. This cell did my flashlight flickered and the charger did not want to charge it. I had removed the wrapping to see that the PCB connection was loose. I removed it and my cell worked correctly then.

Same cells as mine. The button top is not soldered on the PCB. Just a plastic ring with glue keeps it in place. These cells don't like to be "molested"....My Soshine ncr18650b are well builded but cost more.

So you tested this cell in different slots and always got the jagged voltage line.
    And when you tested other batteries in all 4 slots, there was nothing like that.

oic

Then i will come to the conclusion that it has something to do with your battery, not with the charger.
    And then you don't need to perform maintenance inside the charger.

(…)

I am buying now a new mc3k USB data cable from Fasttech. Braided Anker lookalike. (EDIT: order placed. yay)
    Nice cable :-)

I have an old 1m long 90 degres SonyEricsson cable to the charger and no problem yet.

Ordered this one today to get a little longer, don΄t know if it works.
    https://www.fasttech.com/p/1828203
    Btw, how do you get a text over the link?
    Last edited by Zanders; 01-19-2016 at 02:18 PM.

Btw, how do you get a text over the link?
    Write the words you want to make the link in your text box.

Then, highlight the words you want and click the global icon with a oo symbol above in the editor.

Paste the URL you want to link to there.

Tada.

Quote Originally Posted by tjh View Post

Then, highlight the words you want and click the global icon with a oo symbol above in the editor.

Tada.
    Testing
    It works, thanks!
    Last edited by Zanders; 01-19-2016 at 03:10 PM.

Tada.
    This option would be nice in the CPF application for iOS.

(Am I the only person too scared to remove the little bit of plastic protecting the screen?)

( i leave it on my screen )

( i leave it on my screen )
    You played inside the charger with drill, soldering iron, but leave the protective screen on....paradoxal. You must have more than 1 unit...one for weekend

I was able to get more info by going to 17track.net once my package was in the US. Maybe you can get more info after your package arrives in the country destination too

Quote Originally Posted by sector9 View Post
    I was able to get more info by going to 17track.net once my package was in the US. Maybe you can get more info after your package arrives in the country destination too
    I put it on file. For now, there is the same info but I will check in some days. Thank you.

Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 / CES 2016 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Yay. Just received the 4x 18650 power bank. Now is needed is the panasonic 18650 cells, and of course the charger 😊

(Am I the only person too scared to remove the little bit of plastic protecting the screen?)
    I didn't remove it but the bubbles were bothering me, so I had a piece of screen protector (for ipad) now I have no bubbles and it's protected

Totally hate those protective films! They make displays and shiny surfaces look blurry. Get even uglier with time.
    The first thing I do after receiving a piece of new equipment is getting rid of these things. Even whenever I see them on somebody else's gadgets, I ask for permission to take them off.

I'm trying to find this charger in the UK, can't find it in stock anywhere, anyone know where I can get it here in the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by turnipfarmer View Post
    I'm trying to find this charger in the UK, can't find it in stock anywhere, anyone know where I can get it here in the UK?
    There are only two suppliers that could sell this charger:

http://hkequipment.net/

http://www.gearbest.com/mc3000-_gear/

There are only two suppliers that could sell this charger:

http://hkequipment.net/

http://www.gearbest.com/mc3000-_gear/
    And gearbest are $5USD cheaper, and have 2,000 times more complaints against them. Go with HKE (I'm in New Zealand and mine arrived 4 days after it shipped)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrey View Post
    protective films!
    i have some leftovers from my books, protective adhesive transparent films for books. Not as great as the original clear film but good enough fwiw. i also like to keep the original protective film on the display of my DMM. display gets easily scratched by the sharp points of the probes.

EDIT: I've ordered another USB cable, seems to be version 2 of the 2.4A full speed data line model. I am impressed enough by their vids. I'll report about the quality.
    Last edited by kreisl; 01-20-2016 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by turnipfarmer View Post
    Turnip, I'm in the UK (just South of Birmingham) and like you also tried to find the MC3000 in the UK - none found.

As others have pointed out; go with HKE. I purchased from HKE on Thursday, it was despatched on Friday and I got it on the following Tuesday morning. That was using free delivery included with the MC3000. That's 5 days, including a weekend - cool! Yes, you'll pay $6 more with HKE, but you'll have the peace of mind in dealing with a very good seller/company. Super easy to contact are HKE and they reply rather quickly!

Do it, you won't regret it...

Hello Rapster,

welcome on the forum and to the fun with chargers!
    I had early versions of BT-C3100, it is a likable product.
    But to be honest i like the MC3000 more.
    I had my BT-C3100 for the whole day before I ordered the MC3000 that evening!

I wish I hadn't purchased the BT-C3100 and gone with my original intention of buying the MC3000. Oh well, suppose I'll just have to find someone willing to buy a few hours old BT-C3100 for a nice price.

And thanks for the welcome!

EDIT: oops, PCLS stopped logging after 8 minutes. PCLS didn't freeze, it's more like that the device stopped sending USB data, closed the data line connection or so. I dunno. Rarely happens. Maybe the fault is my cable? I'll try a different USB cable now. argh, no other cable works.
    EDIT2: oops again, PCLS stopped logging, this time the slots at different (yet similar) times. so weird. this phenomenon is either due to device, cable, or PCLS. My guess that it's due to PCLS. i'll log with DEX from now on, just for testing this bug.
    This sounds very much like a cable error.

Post Feature Requests for PCLS

Even though some other people on here don't think the Windows Software is useful, I think it's really good. It saves having to push a lot of buttons on the charger (saving wear and tear!) and of course gives lovely colourful graphs that you can save and print out and, well, I'm not sure what else to do with them but they're lovely.

But it's a very incomplete bit of software in my opinion. This is my list of features I think need to implemented and bugs/issues I have encountered. I hope SkyRC will have a look at them and give the ideas and comments some thought.

Bugs/Issues:

• Items in the Settings should be given the same name as the Charger/Manual. Otherwise it's a bit confusing sometimes.
    • Delta-V isn't adjustable past 3mv. It should be able to go to 0 (the charger supports this)
    • Cut-Off Voltage isn't adjustable below 1.50v (the charger supports this). To save my cells (delta-v = heat!) sometimes it's nice to finish at 1.48v and then top off gently (Same as C9000)
    • Settings for a LI-ION charge should be greyed out/removed when you have NI-MH selected (and vis-versa)
    • The Window Interface isn't resizeable at all. This has been reported a number of times already.
    • The CSV data sometimes is saved with ;;;;;;;'s where numbers should be.
    • Sometimes it stops logging for no reason. This has been discussed, hard to reproduce.
    • The image is saved as a BMP (why?) with the colours for the text terrible. Should be a png.

Feature Requests:

• The ability to copy the program in 1 slot to the other 3 slots easily. It's a pain to ensure all 4 slots are setup exactly the same.
    • Remove the "OK" confirmation once settings are sent. Just report an error if it doesn't work.
    • The ability to save all slots, or an individual slot, to a file/database so it can be shared/imported etc. Ideally in an easy to edit format (plain text file)
    • Ability to show battery IR (either as a graph, or just as a figure) - this is already exported via USB as DEX can graph it.
    • Ability to always show the >> (detail) in the settings page. i.e. "Dummy Mode" and "Advanced Mode" for the software. It's annoying to have to click >> all the time.
    • Ability to start/stop individual slots.
    • Ability to program slots not currently running a program.
    • The ability for PCLS to check for updates to itself (maybe this exists already)

With a powerful GUI where you can share your programs, I think a lot more people would be attracted to the charger. Also any investment in this software should hopefully be able to be used when a "better" charger is developed. Not that there could ever be a better one ;-)

Thanks!
    Tim
    Last edited by tjh; 01-20-2016 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Added items

Default Re: Feature Requests for PCLS

Haven't seen this posted but SkyRC did finally get FCC certification (granted Jan 4th 2016). Of course several sellers were shipping to the US before that...

Of interest to those who do not have the charger yet (or those who like electronic copies of such things) is that the FCC filing has a PDF manual (this one is a minor update from the previous electronic copy floating around this thread, which was noticed to have at least one improvement made prior to printing).

Default Re: Feature Requests for PCLS

Even though some other people on here don't think the Windows Software is useful, I think it's really good. It saves having to push a lot of buttons on the charger (saving wear and tear!) and of course gives lovely colourful graphs that you can save and print out and, well, I'm not sure what else to do with them but they're lovely.

But it's a very incomplete bit of software in my opinion. This is my list of features I think need to implemented and bugs/issues I have encountered. I hope SkyRC will have a look at them and give the ideas and comments some thought.

Bugs/Issues:

• Items in the Settings should be given the same name as the Charger/Manual. Otherwise it's a bit confusing sometimes.
    • Delta-V isn't adjustable past 3mv. It should be able to go to 0 (the charger supports this)
    • Cut-Off Voltage isn't adjustable below 1.50v (the charger supports this). To save my cells (delta-v = heat!) sometimes it's nice to finish at 1.48v and then top off gently (Same as C9000)
    • Settings for a LI-ION charge should be greyed out/removed when you have NI-MH selected (and vis-versa)
    • The Window Interface isn't resizeable at all. This has been reported a number of times already.
    • The CSV data sometimes is saved with ;;;;;;;'s where numbers should be.
    • Sometimes it stops logging for no reason. This has been discussed, hard to reproduce.
    • The image is saved as a BMP (why?) with the colours for the text terrible. Should be a png.

Feature Requests:

• The ability to copy the program in 1 slot to the other 3 slots easily. It's a pain to ensure all 4 slots are setup exactly the same.
    • Remove the "OK" confirmation once settings are sent. Just report an error if it doesn't work.
    • The ability to save all slots, or an individual slot, to a file/database so it can be shared/imported etc. Ideally in an easy to edit format (plain text file)
    • Ability to show battery IR (either as a graph, or just as a figure) - this is already exported via USB as DEX can graph it.
    • Ability to always show the >> (detail) in the settings page. i.e. "Dummy Mode" and "Advanced Mode" for the software. It's annoying to have to click >> all the time.
    • Ability to start/stop individual slots.
    • Ability to program slots not currently running a program.
    • The ability for PCLS to check for updates to itself (maybe this exists already)

With a powerful GUI where you can share your programs, I think a lot more people would be attracted to the charger. Also any investment in this software should hopefully be able to be used when a "better" charger is developed. Not that there could ever be a better one ;-)

Thanks!
    Tim
    Agree, good writeup!
    Sqerrel should copy that to the first page.
    I only use it to see the graph wich is good, except it΄s to small on my screen, the rest is pretty usless as it is now.
    It would be nice if there was a settings menu for the program itself (like the others) to adjust things like allow screen saver, change colors and all the other things that use to be there, not only for the charge settings. Time will tell!

Page 63 of 161 FirstFirst ... 135356575859606162636465666768697073113 ... LastLast