ArmyTek        
Page 75 of 166 FirstFirst ... 256568697071727374757677787980818285125 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,250 of 4953

Thread: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 / CES 2016 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Quote Originally Posted by MarioJP View Post
    I guess my next question is. How much of a difference will this make?
    Mine almost make it with fan reversed, but start to degre the discharging in two of the slots after 14min and 85degres celsius with four 18650.
    It΄s better then before I think, but not worth it because the fan touch the grill and some work to sand the grill to get the space.
    I clean the rails from grease when I had it apart and drilled holes and mount two banana sockets on the left side connected to slot one to charge whatever fits the menu.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Edit:
    Picture added with the bananas. Not the prettiest, but good space behind and it works :-)
    Last edited by Zanders; 02-07-2016 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanders View Post
    Mine almost make it with fan reversed, but start to degre the discharging in two of the slots after 14min and 85degres celsius with four 18650.
    It΄s better then before I think, but not worth it because the fan touch the grill and some work to sand the grill to get the space.
    I clean the rails from grease when I had it apart and drilled holes and mount two banana sockets on the left side connected to slot one.
    Yeah. I really do not want to take it apart; yet alone, both of them because of a fan.

It΄s better then before I think,
    So your charger has now the fan blowing upwards? And you're saying that your charger still degre the discharging? That's unusual.
    On my unit the temp doesn't reach 85°C at full discharge load. My room temperature is 20-25°C.

Quote Originally Posted by kreisl View Post
    So your charger has now the fan blowing upwards? And you're saying that your charger still degre the discharging? That's unusual.
    On my unit the temp doesn't reach 85°C at full discharge load. My room temperature is 20-25°C.
    I will do a new test tomorrow with the charger on the floor (22°C), I have 25°C inside where the charger is and it΄s not unfair really.

Now going back on the contact issue. Is it really an issue or are they some cells that are too low?. One thing i am learning in the li-ion world. There seems to be no standards when it comes to unprotected cells. I don't know.

Now going back on the contact issue. Is it really an issue or are they some cells that are too low?. One thing i am learning in the li-ion world. There seems to be no standards when it comes to unprotected cells. I don't know.
    As long as the unprotected cells that you use come from the major manufacturers like Panasonic, LG, Samsung, Sanyo and Sony, they are all 18mm in diameter, as the first two numbers of the 18650 cell. There is no cell from these manufacturers that are "too low" or smaller or bigger in diameter. It is the design of the positive end of this charger that is not "unprotected, flat-top cell friendly". Owners of this charger see it when you put an unprotected cell flush into the bay, no way it can make proper contact.

Btw, these major manufacturers only make unprotected, flat-top cells, and very much subjected to very strict safety and dimension standards, and any kind of protection installed later are from third-party persons/entities, and this is where there is NO standard.
    Last edited by tatasal; 02-07-2016 at 07:18 PM.

Enlightened

Tatasal

The Panasonic/Sanyo flat tops, the NCR18650GA, works perfectly in this charger and they are unprotected.

http://liionwholesale.com/collection...nt=12534245700

Many others unprotected also work fine

I clean the rails from grease when I had it apart and drilled holes and mount two banana sockets on the left side connected to slot one to charge whatever fits the menu.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Edit:
    Picture added with the bananas. Not the prettiest, but good space behind and it works :-)
    Really cool idea!

Thumbs up Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 / CES 2016 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Quote Originally Posted by Devon View Post
    Tatasal

The Panasonic/Sanyo flat tops, the NCR18650GA, works perfectly in this charger and they are unprotected.

Would consider this for my next future purchase. So should i get magnet battery spacers for the current cells any other flat to button adapters?
    Last edited by MarioJP; 02-07-2016 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devon View Post
    Tatasal

The unprotected, flat-tops that I am referring to is exactly 65mm long.

Your link has a length of 66.8mm, and while still classified by the dealer as flat-top, it is not a true, 18650 (length-wise) cell, but an unprotected "modified flat-top", and did not come from the factory like that.

Your link can be considered as a "wide button top" already, yet will also be considered a flat-top, but because of its slight, 1.4mm protruding top, it can already make contact with the MC3000's positive end.

Typical example of the 18650 I am referring to:
    https://www.fasttech.com/products/14...5-3-6v-2600mah

And the Flat-top, yet Unprotected, aftermarket cover-cap available (that added to the length of the cell in your link):
    https://www.fasttech.com/products/14...-cap-for-18650

And a variety of tops available in the aftermarket:
    https://www.fasttech.com/category/14...ries/-/p/4?f=-
    Last edited by tatasal; 02-07-2016 at 10:17 PM.

not cool

nuff said

moving on
    ?
    Last edited by tatasal; 02-07-2016 at 10:32 PM.

Default SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Had a chance to test my flipped fan with grill removed and I am happy to report great results.

15 minutes into a 4 18650 discharge of 1A each, the system stabilized at 62 degrees C and stayed there until completion.

Quite a difference from the unit maxing out at 85 degrees and dropping the discharge amperage.

I'm happy that my system will run noticeably cooler and require less fan speed even in less taxing operations.

Plus it was super easy and took 10 minutes.

It is 19 degrees C in my basement where the charger is located. Just FYI.
    Last edited by dssguy1; 02-07-2016 at 10:41 PM.
    Started Collecting 10-9-15: VN54 Lights: Noctigon M43vn Goldilocks, ThruNite TN36UTvn XHP70 Shaved Dome, EagleTac M25C2vnT, SkyLumen SL2vn XPL V6 PDT / EagleTac: M30C2 XP-L HI V3, M30C2C Nichia 219B, M25C2 XM-L2 U2, P25LC2 / Fenix: E25UE, PD35 / Olight: S1 Baton / NiteCore: EC4S, EC11, TM06 / ThorFire: VG10

Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Quote Originally Posted by dssguy1 View Post
    Had a chance to test my flipped fan with grill removed and I am happy to report great results.

15 minutes into a 4 18650 discharge of 1A each, the system stabilized at 62 degrees C and stayed there until completion.

Quite a difference from the unit maxing out at 85 degrees and dropping the discharge amperage.
    hooray there we go. thanks for sharing!

(…)

i found another phenomenon:

My charger is connected thru PC front USB, and PCLS is logging stably (because of the brand-new short Samsung J5 USB cable?). So far so good. I noticed that PCLS stops graphing data a minute after i have switched on my hp printer/scanner/fax/copier machine which is connected thru PC rear USB.

I use my printer almost everyday and i am very glad and lucky to have detected this phenomenon. We could call it a bug, but it's unclear whose bug it is. PC hw? printer driver? WinXP OS? PCLS? mc3k hw? mc3k fw? wtf? And maybe other people on other systems cannot reproduce this observation?

So perhaps in the past the "PCLS stop graphing data" was NOT due to the quality of my Tomtom USB cable but due to me operating my USB printer and i never realized this interrelation. I've added this observation to the list, but as i said, nobody can tell for sure whose bug it is.

Quote Originally Posted by dssguy1 View Post

I'm happy that my system will run noticeably cooler and require less fan speed even in less taxing operations.

Plus it was super easy and took 10 minutes.

It is 19 degrees C in my basement where the charger is located. Just FYI.
    Dam lol.

(…)

My charger is connected thru PC front USB, and PCLS is logging stably (because of the brand-new short Samsung J5 USB cable?). So far so good. I noticed that PCLS stops graphing data a minute after i have switched on my hp printer/scanner/fax/copier machine which is connected thru PC rear USB.

I use my printer almost everyday and i am very glad and lucky to have detected this phenomenon. We could call it a bug, but it's unclear whose bug it is. PC hw? printer driver? WinXP OS? PCLS? mc3k hw? mc3k fw? wtf? And maybe other people on other systems cannot reproduce this observation?

So perhaps in the past the "PCLS stop graphing data" was NOT due to the quality of my Tomtom USB cable but due to me operating my USB printer and i never realized this interrelation. I've added this observation to the list, but as i said, nobody can tell for sure whose bug it is.
    Its low quality cable problem!!!! (Replace primer cable.or any other .... With quality one... And it will be ok...)
    Last edited by TeMpL; 02-08-2016 at 08:23 AM.

I will do a new test tomorrow with the charger on the floor (22°C), I have 25°C inside where the charger is and it΄s not unfair really.
    Charger on the floor test and reversed fan. 4x18650 floor temp 22.7°C. The system temp never reached 85°, 83°C at the most.
    When I had it apart I puched the sensors closer to the alu heat sink, maybe my register a slightly higher temp then before, don΄t know.
    Problem solved anyway
    Last edited by Zanders; 02-08-2016 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TeMpL View Post
    Its low quality cable problem!!!!
    all right
    i am still waiting for my premium cable from FT and GB.

( and my observation wiv USB printer is also tru! )

(…)

In my case the PCLS has stopped graphing data only one time and it was when I've plugged and then unplugged an USB3 memory stick (I don't know exactly the timing, if it was when I've plugged or unplugged the usb stick).
    Maybe there is some correlation...
    I use a samsung original USB cable (quite short) plugged on the rear of the pc, so the connection should be optimal.

all right
    i am still waiting for my premium cable from FT and GB.

( and my observation wiv USB printer is also tru! )
    Find 2 usb-sticks that makes the MC3000 monitor to freeze when I plug and unplugg them. The sqverrel is right, maybe it΄s a bug after all, strange. With printer and some sticks, no problem.
    Edit:Have tested 3 cables now, same problem with some sticks, the graph freezes.
    Last edited by Zanders; 02-09-2016 at 02:35 AM.

After reading abut the fan issue it does indeed makes a difference. Oh well.

On my side, if I use the USB charger port and Bluetooth (application) together, PCLS stop logging. When I close the Bluetooth PCLS continues. It must be written somewhere that this is normal with this charger.
    Sorry for my english. Acebeam k70, Armytek Predator -Dobermann Pro V3 XP-L HI and XHP35, Barracuda Pro V2 XP-L HI, Tiara A1 Pro V2 and C1 Pro V2, Wizard Pro V3 XHP50 and XPL, Partner C4 Pro v3 XHP35, Nitecore TM26, TM16GT, MH20, P12GT, SKYRC MC-3000..+++

After reading abut the fan issue it does indeed makes a difference. Oh well.
    Why?
    Do you discharge 4 x 18650 all the time?

I can't believe what a mountain/molehill has been made of this issue.

I get that it's disappointing the charger has this "flaw" but to me the AAA contact issue is a bigger one.

Both "issues" have easy fixes though. So they're only very minor flaws.

Re-read HKJs review everyone and realise how far the positive aspects of this charger outweigh the minor flaws the first release of it have.

Or buy another version in a years time when these little niggles are fixed. I'm sure more little issues will be discovered before this thread goes quiet.

TJH, just remain calm. If we weren't talking about the issues they would never get fixed.

I don't see "very" many people saying they don't like the charger.

I brought up the AAA issue more than 1.5 months ago so nothing is new with your comment of it being a problem. If nobody said anything, how likely do you think all these issues would be fixed? I don't.

I'm only commenting that a very easy flip of the fan (and minor grill removal) solves the problem completely for myself. So instead of having my charger run hotter even when only discharging a couple batteries, it will run much much cooler.

Imo, some people have gone overboard with all their adjustments to fix the "issue". Laptop coolers, dual larger fans, etc.
    Last edited by dssguy1; 02-08-2016 at 11:58 AM.
    Started Collecting 10-9-15: VN54 Lights: Noctigon M43vn Goldilocks, ThruNite TN36UTvn XHP70 Shaved Dome, EagleTac M25C2vnT, SkyLumen SL2vn XPL V6 PDT / EagleTac: M30C2 XP-L HI V3, M30C2C Nichia 219B, M25C2 XM-L2 U2, P25LC2 / Fenix: E25UE, PD35 / Olight: S1 Baton / NiteCore: EC4S, EC11, TM06 / ThorFire: VG10

Quote Originally Posted by tjh View Post
    Why?
    Do you discharge 4 x 18650 all the time?

I can't believe what a mountain/molehill has been made of this issue.

I get that it's disappointing the charger has this "flaw" but to me the AAA contact issue is a bigger one.

Both "issues" have easy fixes though. So they're only very minor flaws.

Re-read HKJs review everyone and realise how far the positive aspects of this charger outweigh the minor flaws the first release of it have.

Or buy another version in a years time when these little niggles are fixed. I'm sure more little issues will be discovered before this thread goes quiet.
    Its not that big of a deal considering i probably won't be discharging 4 Li-ions cell all at once, this would be a rare thing and set a program to discharge only in case i missed the final readings. I have yet to test out Refresh. I keep reading something about not saving the final results or saves the charge capacity as the final results. And as for the contact issue. Managed to deal with it and when its time to replace the cells. I now know which cells to get next time. I have had no issues with AAA's. This is a really great charger. Most flexible one at that, not even the Opus is that flexible. Judging from the LCD it is probably using the same program functionality that is found in the La crosse and the IQ except that it supports Li-ions. this whole 250/500 350/700 500/1000 is getting old lol. So glad that the MC3000 is not set up like that.

I have yet to test out Refresh. I keep reading something about not saving the final results or saves the charge capacity as the final results.
    I asked for that. On the charger, at the end, it displays the discharge capacity. In the *application, we have the charge capacity. The charger could be able to display the charge/discharge capacity alternatively and the application too. When you know it and you need the charge and discharge capacity, use both device or PCLS to overcome this "flaw".

Edit: In iOS application, don't know if it is the same with android.
    Last edited by gyzmo2002; 02-08-2016 at 12:43 PM.
    Sorry for my english. Acebeam k70, Armytek Predator -Dobermann Pro V3 XP-L HI and XHP35, Barracuda Pro V2 XP-L HI, Tiara A1 Pro V2 and C1 Pro V2, Wizard Pro V3 XHP50 and XPL, Partner C4 Pro v3 XHP35, Nitecore TM26, TM16GT, MH20, P12GT, SKYRC MC-3000..+++

it's listed FIXED, TESTED in the list

I sometimes wonder if he people posting in this thread are also actually reading it.

it's listed FIXED, TESTED in the list
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by tjh View Post
    I sometimes wonder if he people posting in this thread are also actually reading it.
    I wonder what is the utility of this kind of remark ... to change habits ? If that's right, you're dreaming .

Wow!! You recieved a lot of replies/interest kreisl!

Now I need to read the thread!,,,at least the most important parts.
    A resentment is a cancer that eats us away from the inside and is portrayed by our attitude from the outside. Capolini-6.4.2003
    Physical beauty temporarily satisfies the eye. Inner beauty is eternal and nurtures the soul. Capolini-7.23.2017

Page 75 of 166 FirstFirst ... 256568697071727374757677787980818285125 ... LastLast