Acebeam        
Page 84 of 161 FirstFirst ... 347477787980818283848586878889909194134 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,520 of 4819

Thread: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Quote Originally Posted by bosko90 View Post
    ok. After using a little bit more android app, i saw that is realy poor :/
    It sure is. They almost shouldn't be allowed to advertise it has a Bluetooth app.
    It's like a high school student has coded it as his first ever app. It could get better.... If it was rewritten from scratch.

I totally agree. I hope to improve. PC app is the same. Do you think that they create PC app like for other hobby chargers? those look good to me.

Unenlightened

After reading the first page about this charger and reading the three reviews on this charger I went ahead and ordered it off Amazon, I should have it in a couple of days. The main reason I wanted a 'smart charger' is I have some older NiMH batteries laying around and was hoping this charger can put some 'new life' in them. Any speculation on if that might be possible?

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by tjh View Post
    It sure is. They almost shouldn't be allowed to advertise it has a Bluetooth app.
    It's like a high school student has coded it as his first ever app. It could get better.... If it was rewritten from scratch.
    I am using a Samsung note 4 (excellent phone) and a Samsung note 12.1 tablet. (Androids)

On both devices the bluetooth is easier to write programs and to use than the interface on the charger, a much flatter learning curve for sure. And it works pretty well with only a few minor bugs (losing programed slots, eg prog for slots 1 and 4 and when you bring the program up again slot 4 is missing although it will run on slot 4)...

The pc software has its bugs also but doesn't offer the parameters that bluetooth does.

Do not try running it via USB if you have a bluetooth device switched on anywhere near it. This seems to cause it problems big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Devon View Post
    I am using a Samsung note 4 (excellent phone) and a Samsung note 12.1 tablet. (Androids)

On both devices the bluetooth is easier to write programs and to use than the interface on the charger, a much flatter learning curve for sure. And it works pretty well with only a few minor bugs (losing programed slots, eg prog for slots 1 and 4 and when you bring the program up again slot 4 is missing although it will run on slot 4)...

The pc software has its bugs also but doesn't offer the parameters that bluetooth does.

Do not try running it via USB if you have a bluetooth device switched on anywhere near it. This seems to cause it problems big time.
    The apps works, yes, there's no doubt. I agree it's much easier to use the app than the PC software to quickly set all 4 slots the same.

But the interface is mental. Look at the insane options you get to select voltage etc. A choice of 200 individual settings. Why not a scroll wheel, or allow the current to be put in manually with some error checking? They have picked the most bizarre UI to do some things it. It's buggy, crashes, buttons don't work etc.

The app should be easy to use, not just functional. At the moment it's functional, but a nightmare to use, you can't edit some things once set etc.

The good news of course is that it can only get better. I just hope it does.

The baiting is bad enough, the f-bomb was inexcusable. Take a few days off.

EDIT- In light of the public apology, you'll be back tomorrow night. Let's shake hands, make up, and move on, ok?
    Last edited by scout24; 02-24-2016 at 08:09 PM.

Yea, sorry, good point.
    I was an idiot. Apologies to Devon.

Quote Originally Posted by N8PU View Post
    After reading the first page about this charger and reading the three reviews on this charger I went ahead and ordered it off Amazon, I should have it in a couple of days. The main reason I wanted a 'smart charger' is I have some older NiMH batteries laying around and was hoping this charger can put some 'new life' in them. Any speculation on if that might be possible?
    I have some old batteries too that I charged on this unit. Some charge ok, but just don't have the capacity any more to be useful (which you can work out by doing a discharge run). Mind you I saved some 2006 2400mAh NiMh batteries which were in my battery recycle box and I now have around 2300mAh. It al depends on the cell - some are just too tired to be useful any more.

Quote Originally Posted by N8PU View Post
    ... I have some older NiMH batteries laying around and was hoping this charger can put some 'new life' in them. Any speculation on if that might be possible?
    I've run about 20 old Lenmar NiMH AA and AAA batteries through the Refresh cycle using recommended settings by HKJ in his review.

I am not doing PC logging as I am on Mac, so I wasn't able to see for each battery the histories of the runs. But, overall, I recycled about 3. And, I get it that Lenmars are cheap so would love others' input on what you think.

I did keep cutoff v at 1.65. The only question that came up was I got cycle time cutoffs, and I wasn't sure if the refresh C>D>C includes all the time for each, or if the Refresh time is just for the C part. I just pushed to start forward from the cutoff.

I get my GB NCR18650B protecteds today or tomorrow, so I'll be moving onto that for now. It will be good to see those batteries run a few cycles on bike lamps. Any advice on this application or the NiMH would be great. I plan to set up my charger in dummy mode so my son can use it for NiMH, and switch it to Advanced to charge my Li Ions. Now that I have this charger, I'd be looking to buy better NiMH as I will be ablet to maintain those in good order. My past charger was about a $40 Lenmar, and it blasted the batteries for 15 mins with a fan going. I would guess now that I've learned more about battery ops, that was blasting my cheap batteries. No wonder all these years, I've been feeling that rechargables are not consistent.
    Last edited by chemEJoe; 02-24-2016 at 08:15 PM.

Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 / CES 2016 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Where is the 1.04 bug fixes list? I saw it somewhere on this thread but can't find it. I am curious what changes are being made.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MarioJP View Post
    Where is the 1.04 bug fixes list? I saw it somewhere on this thread but can't find it. I am curious what changes are being made.

Thanks.
    The third or fourth post on page 1.

A new (version 2.8) of the Android app has been released. I'm not near my charger so I can't test it

@kreisl Heres an idea about improving the mobile app that you could run by your palls at SkyRC.

At the moment you need to create the programs for each slot individually and/or remake the program for all posible combinations of slots.
    It would be way more clutter free and convenient if when you press the program, they add a selection at which slot/slots the program should be run next to the start button.
    This way you create the program with chemistry and current once.

Downloaded the update and immediately noticed some fixes for ver 2.8

-battery stats updates every second now
    -Bluetooth connection to charger has been improved
    -Adding of program now includes features that were missing on previous version
    -when tapping back while in the battery stat screen. App now disconnects from charger instead of closing, making it easier to reconnect without having to launch the app again.

And here is what's not fixed.

The app will only connect to the first charger on the list if you have more than 1. trying to connect to the second charger will cause the app to get stuck on loading. Temp workaround is to refresh the connection until the charger you want to connect becomes first on the list.

That is what i've noticed so far.
    Last edited by MarioJP; 02-25-2016 at 12:30 AM.

Does anyone know why is the charger soft limited discharging 2x batteries at 1A if its capable of doing 2A on a slot, and also capable of going up to 4A in 4x1A config?
    It should be able doing 2x2A, or am i wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by DeJaVu View Post
    Does anyone know why is the charger soft limited discharging 2x batteries at 1A if its capable of doing 2A on a slot, and also capable of going up to 4A in 4x1A config?
    The charger is rated 15watts max for discharge and 50watts max for charge
    Sorry for my english. Acebeam k70, Armytek Predator -Dobermann Pro V3 XP-L HI and XHP35, Barracuda Pro V2 XP-L HI, Tiara A1 Pro V2 and C1 Pro V2, Wizard Pro V3 XHP50 and XPL, Partner C4 Pro v3 XHP35, Nitecore TM26, TM16GT, MH20, P12GT, SKYRC MC-3000..+++

Quote Originally Posted by gyzmo2002 View Post
    The charger is rated 15watts max for discharge and 50watts max for charge
    I know what it is rated for, but still.
    Read the message once again , and you will understand the logic behind the question.

I know what it is rated for, but still.
    Read the message once again , and you will understand the logic behind the question.
    Yes, I know what you mean now. Good question but I don't have the answer for now. Probably a software issue. I have FW1.02 with the 1A limitation too.
    Sorry for my english. Acebeam k70, Armytek Predator -Dobermann Pro V3 XP-L HI and XHP35, Barracuda Pro V2 XP-L HI, Tiara A1 Pro V2 and C1 Pro V2, Wizard Pro V3 XHP50 and XPL, Partner C4 Pro v3 XHP35, Nitecore TM26, TM16GT, MH20, P12GT, SKYRC MC-3000..+++

Surely it's because to discharge, the charger converts the energy to heat. It can't do too much of this or things melt/catch fire etc.

Quote Originally Posted by gyzmo2002 View Post
    Yes, I know what you mean now. Good question but I don't have the answer for now. Probably a software issue. I have FW1.02 with the 1A limitation too.
    Im asking because i found a way to run 2x2A discharge(posibly 3-4 too but im scared to try with more than 2 ) , so i was wondering if there is a good reason it is disabled.
    Or as you say, they might have missed enabling it and might become an easily accesible option in a later firmware.

Surely it's because to discharge, the charger converts the energy to heat. It can't do too much of this or things melt/catch fire etc.
    And what would the heat difference be between 4x1A and 2x2A ?
    In both situations is around 16w that needs to be cooled

Im asking because i found a way to run 2x2A discharge(posibly 3-4 too but im scared to try with more than 2 ) , so i was wondering if there is a good reason it is disabled.
    Or as you say, they might have missed enabling it and might become an easily accesible option in a later firmware.
    Heat!

Are you sure you're not confusing the fact you can discharge 4 NiMH batteries at 2Amps, with trying to discharge multiple LiON batteries (higher voltage!) at 2A?

Heat!

Are you sure you're not confusing the fact you can discharge 4 NiMH batteries at 2Amps, with trying to discharge multiple LiON batteries (higher voltage!) at 2A?
    Forgot to name the battery chemistry, im talking about Li-ion

i know what you mean.

4x(-2A) is supported for NiMH chemistry because of lower voltage, as you know.
    1x(-2A) is supported for LiIon chemistry and if other slots try to discharge at max load, e.g. 3x(-1.01A) LiIon, then it feels logical that the load is reduced to 4x(-1.00A) LiIon.
    In theory yes 2x(-2.00A) LiIon should be possible and may be offered in future firmware. Shifting the boundaries, e.g. to 2x(-2.00A) LiIon or to lower min. discharge current, -0.01A instead of -0.05A official spec, will be considered and tested, experimented with, in future, rest assured. I've added your idea to the list. But until then it be more important to focus all efforts on debugging the firmware. KISS principle, it was probably easier to implement just 1x(-2A) as exceptional case in the code and move on with the development, nothing but a practical matter. Originally no 2amps discharging was intended for LiIon chemistry to keep things even simpler for everybody.

Once we feel ready for experimentation, i'll be the firstto test shifted boundaries on the device with custom firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by kreisl View Post
    i know what you mean.

4x(-2A) is supported for NiMH chemistry because of lower voltage, as you know.
    1x(-2A) is supported for LiIon chemistry and if other slots try to discharge at max load, e.g. 3x(-1.01A) LiIon, then it feels logical that the load is reduced to 4x(-1.00A) LiIon.
    In theory yes 2x(-2.00A) LiIon should be possible and may be offered in future firmware. Shifting the boundaries, e.g. to 2x(-2.00A) LiIon or to lower min. discharge current, -0.01A instead of -0.05A official spec, will be considered and tested, experimented with, in future, rest assured. I've added your idea to the list. But until then it be more important to focus all efforts on debugging the firmware. KISS principle, it was probably easier to implement just 1x(-2A) as exceptional case in the code and move on with the development, nothing but a practical matter. Originally no 2amps discharging was intended for LiIon chemistry to keep things even simpler for everybody.

Once we feel ready for experimentation, i'll be the firstto test shifted boundaries on the device with custom firmware.
    Let me just share this

In all my logic i should be safe using it this way, but little encouragement from you will make me even more certain .
    So should i continue discharging Li-ion 2x2A?

You should monitor SysTemp, does it stay below 85°C ?

If yes, then all is good.

Congrats to the h*ck

You should monitor SysTemp, does it stay below 85°C ?

If yes, then all is good.

Congrats to the h*ck
    It does rise above, and slot 4 goes down to 1.5 after 12 minutes.
    Right at this moment im reversing the fan so it blows upwards, so it shouldnt be an issue, but ill see for sure in few minutes

you read my guide about reversing the fan, right?

A new (version 2.8) of the Android app has been released. I'm not near my charger so I can't test it
    Still crashes with Android language settings with decimal comma, e.g. German. Unusable for more than 100 countries.

you read my guide about reversing the fan, right?
    Its already done.
    Temp after 20 minutes is 74c, i doubt it will ever go over 76-77c.
    Big difference the reversing makes. I did cutout the grill for better airflow, and also seems bit quiter without the grill(less turbulence) , but reversing it also might have role in the quitness.

Let me come clean about the "hack" . Its more of a discovery as i didnt modify any software.
    I got the 2a per slot when starting the discharge from the mobile app. My program is 2A discharge for all 4 slots, and slots 1 and 4 populated in the charger. It will posibly work with different slot/program config, but i havent tested it yet.
    Its either a slip, or maybe Skyrc does plan to enable this in the next firmware so we can get 2a when working with the charger buttons.

Page 84 of 161 FirstFirst ... 347477787980818283848586878889909194134 ... LastLast