Miboxer        
Page 96 of 166 FirstFirst ... 46868990919293949596979899100101102103106146 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,880 of 4953

Thread: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

if you swap batteries in and out often, or don't proceed with care, you won't get the 2100 swaps. with most batteries what is going to fail on you will be the wrapper, sooner or later. NiMH AA wrappers are smooth (aren't they?) yet glued. the glue is weak on the smooth wrapper surface and also degrades with heat, like in hot running flashlights. i had to rewrap my abused Eneloops with scotch or 3m because the wrapper glue was failing. never mind, that's OT.
    Last edited by kreisl; 03-19-2016 at 05:50 PM. Reason: mc3k - so much fun!!

I recently bought one of these and have a few thoughts I thought I would leave here. I do apologize if I'm reiterating things that have been discussed already. I did look over the thread, but it's 96 pages long.

A concern: Bluetooth functionality is neat, though I haven't tried doing anything more than connecting to the charger yet. However, I'm a bit concerned by the fact that no pairing is required and my phone automatically connects to whatever charger it finds. First, I imagine this would make it difficult to control multiple chargers in close proximity, since there's nothing to single one or the other out. More importantly, however unlikely, what's stopping someone outside my house from connecting to the charger, messing with the charge target voltage (for instance), and at best destroying my batteries or at worst starting a fire? I'm not at all comfortable with completely unsecured wireless control of a lithium battery charger — especially one with this degree of control over the charging cycle. Bluetooth needs to be secured via pairing, and barring that, there needs to be an option to turn it off.

A comment: Regarding the bug / improvement marked in the opening post for the instruction manual, "PCLS stops logging if other USB devices or bluetooth are activated". I've seen some discussion over extremely finicky USB behavior in PCLS, including warnings not to use any other USB devices during firmware updates because they can interrupt the connection. USB is more than capable of handling multiple devices on the same bus. If this charger and/or PCLS is not, that is absolutely a hardware and/or software bug, and should be fixed. It's a little strange to see this listed as something to "fix" via documentation.

One other thing: It would be great to be able to name programs, especially through a computer or phone.

Other than that, this looks like a great charger and I look forward to putting it through its paces.
    Last edited by chaos215bar2; 03-18-2016 at 05:54 PM.

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by chaos215bar2 View Post
    I recently bought one of these and have a few thoughts I thought I would leave here. I do apologize if I'm reiterating things that have been discussed already. I did look over the thread, but it's 96 pages long.

A concern: Bluetooth functionality is neat, though I haven't tried doing anything more than connecting to the charger yet. However, I'm a bit concerned by the fact that no pairing is required and my phone automatically connects to whatever charger it finds. First, I imagine this would make it difficult to control multiple chargers in close proximity, since there's nothing to single one or the other out. More importantly, however unlikely, what's stopping someone outside my house from connecting to the charger, messing with the charge target voltage (for instance), and at best destroying my batteries or at worst starting a fire? I'm not at all comfortable with completely unsecured wireless control of a lithium battery charger — especially one with this degree of control over the charging cycle. Bluetooth needs to be secured via pairing, and barring that, there needs to be an option to turn it off.

A comment: Regarding the bug / improvement marked in the opening post for the instruction manual, "PCLS stops logging if other USB devices or bluetooth are activated". I've seen some discussion over extremely finicky USB behavior in PCLS, including warnings not to use any other USB devices during firmware updates because they can interrupt the connection. USB is more than capable of handling multiple devices on the same bus. If this charger and/or PCLS is not, that is absolutely a hardware and/or software bug, and should be fixed. It's a little strange to see this listed as something to "fix" via documentation.

One other thing: It would be great to be able to name programs, especially through a computer or phone.

Other than that, this looks like a great charger and I look forward to putting it through its paces.
    The latest Android app for the MC3000 allows the naming of programs on the phone or tablet. It stores them under the name you specify and works well from what I am doing.

I agree, a pairing code (to be put via charger buttons-LCD screen) should be implemented.

Hello, thanks for your input. Your concerns are all valid, no arguing there.

Yes we could call the USB finickiness a software bug in PCLS, which is an easy call because DEX does not have that USB finickiness problem. No promises as to by when this bug will have been fixed in PCLS. Hopefully soon. For ambitious logging i now prefer DEX. We still need i guess PCLS for the online firmware updating we'll see i have no idea. Guys don't hold your breath for major advances in the app or the pcls development. Bug fixes, like the pcls usb finickiness, will come though asap.

Naming of programs on the phone is possible. Naming of programs on the device has been covered by (k#18) and (k#19), the solution is within the limitations of the LCD and i find it acceptable.

The classic pairing of BT devices was more of a characteristic thing in older BT versions; it's a feature of BT 4.0+ that "matching BT devices" pair up faster, more conveniently. I read somewhere that it was rated cool

Afaik the manual mentions that only 1 device can be controlled thru BT —feel free to call it a limitation of the current mark—, and btw it's also not possible to run DEX and BT at the same time. If you have 4 mc3k's in 1 room and 4 peoples with BT phones in that room and everybody launches the app to connect to his mc3k, then boom . Perhaps the maker did not really consider such a scenario to be realistic; i mean why would there be a gathering of 4 mc3k's? 1 mc3k in 1 room be enough, or so.

In fw 1.04 there will be an item in GSV to "turn the Bluetooth off". Due to the nature of the build it is not possible to turn the bluetooth power off however the option in GSV makes the device non-listen to commands produced by the BT module, so you're on the safe side when someone tries to ****ck your charger thru de BT connection. I've listed your suggestion under (k#44), thanks.

If anyone one has further strong realistic suggestions to be included in the 1.04 release, please shoot. Now is the time.

BT 4.0 may very well have a faster way to pair devices or allow devices to connect more quickly once paired, but pairing itself is very much a security feature. It's there both to establish a lasting connection so that you can continue to connect with the correct device in the presence of other similar ones and so that no one else can connect to your devices without first starting the pairing procedure.

Pairing here could work similarly to what's done, for instance, with a Bluetooth keyboard. Frequently no code is required, but the keyboard must be made "discoverable" before a new device can be paired with it. During this first connection, the two devices establish a cryptographic key so that they can securely authenticate and connect with each other in the future. When the keyboard is not discoverable, it will not allow this initial exchange to take place. This prevents anyone else from taking control of the keyboard without physical access or impersonating it without access to both the keyboard and whatever it's paired with.

today i cycled my brand-new authentic TrustFire 18350 (red wrapper, white disc isolator, hologram, sourced from gb) a few more times, putting the timers (see discussion before) and dex to a serious test. everything like elapsed time and mAh readings matched and passed. i charged the cell with 0.50A and 0.01A termination current, discharge cut-off at 2.80V. in contrast to HKJ's test results, I am getting clearly over 800mAh out of the cell:

[ let's note the differences: HKJ used a higher termination current, his cells have a black disc isolator, are sourced from ft, and room temperature differed too. And the actual cell inside might be slightly different in chemical composition or production quality. my 2 cells weigh 21-22g each (on a +1g digital kitchen scale), HKJ's cell weighs "20.9g". ]

for the 500mA run, the "average voltage" was "3.630V", energy "3.02Wh" (Excel calc gives 3.0299…Wh), discharge time "1h40min11sec", capacity "834mAh". quick'n dirty cross-check:
    500*(1*60*60+40*60+11)/3600 = 834.86111mAh > 834mAh, which is true. in other words, if the actual discharge current was indeed 500mA and constant and the timer was following NIST timing, then the discharged capacity really would have been 834.86111mAh, clearly over 800mAh. Why? simply because of the long discharging time. dex log's last row is 01:40:10.000, and Excel calculates -834,1841666668mAh with its 1Hz sampling. for this run, perfect timers/timing, perfect result!
    HKJ had measured 722mAh in the 500mA discharge test, so my cells are better quality i bin

anyway, my cell states 800mAh nominal, and i am measuring slightly over 800mAh both for low (500mA) and for high discharge (2000mA) currents. pretty happi wiv de result, cheers!

in case anyone wants to know how i created the above Excel graph, feel free to study the xlsx file by double-clicking on the spreadsheet cells to unveil the underlying excel operation:
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/pbpqdp
    Last edited by kreisl; 03-19-2016 at 06:15 PM.

Dear sirs sorry to trouble you with this but i believe your the best persons to ask about this I have done the voltage calibration test but i don't understand why after I charge my olight 18650 3600mha the charger says 4.2 volts but in a few seconds it drops to 4.130 volts what am i doing wrong or is this normal. i had a nitecore D4 charger that after charging showed 4.2 volts I have checked on my fluke meter my same test after my sky RC 3000 only shows 4.130 volts am i doing something wrong or is this Normal why dose it say 4.2 volts then drop aways so quickly any help if you could spear the time would be most help full yours with regards Peter Hogan aka PCH New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by PCH View Post
    Dear sirs sorry to trouble you with this but i believe your the best persons to ask about this I have done the voltage calibration test but i don't understand why after I charge my olight 18650 3600mha the charger says 4.2 volts but in a few seconds it drops to 4.130 volts what am i doing wrong or is this normal. i had a nitecore D4 charger that after charging showed 4.2 volts I have checked on my fluke meter my same test after my sky RC 3000 only shows 4.130 volts am i doing something wrong or is this Normal why dose it say 4.2 volts then drop aways so quickly any help if you could spear the time would be most help full yours with regards Peter Hogan aka PCH New Zealand

Try reading here: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...V-is-it-faulty
    My website with battery, charger, usb reviews, comparisons & information: lygte-info.
    Latest addition is multimeter reviews

many thanks most helpful I thought it was my new SkyRc 3000 very grateful for your help

Quote Originally Posted by PCH View Post
    nitecore D4 charger that after charging showed 4.2 volts I have checked on my fluke meter my same test after my sky RC 3000 only shows 4.130 volts
    an indirect way of controlling the witnessed voltage drop is by way of changing the termination current. That option, TERMINATION, has a parameter range from {Zero|0.01A|0.02A|…|1C|OFF}, and the lower you set the parameter the less expressed will the voltage drop manifest itself.

in fw 1.04, the Zero parameter will asymptotically approach a super small constant current, practically ~0.00A or even ~0.000A. It has been listed under (k#45).

for now, just set the TERMINATION option to Zero and redo your test. in your old fw version, the charging routine will finish once the charging current has reached 0.008A. with this setting the battery voltage should show ~4.198V on your Fluke DMM or so.

please could you try and let us know your new test result?

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by kreisl View Post
    in fw 1.04, the Zero parameter will asymptotically approach a super small constant current, practically ~0.00A or even ~0.000A. It has been listed under (k#45). for now, just set the TERMINATION option to Zero and redo your test. in your old fw version, the charging routine will finish once the charging current has reached 0.008A.
    Worth emphasizing is that you should not do this frequently since it accelerates cell degradation by forcing the cell to be at higher voltages for longer periods. Generally if you wish to maximize the lifetime of your cells you should schedule your charging so to minimize the time they spend at high voltages and high temperatures - both of which accelerate internal parasitic electrochemical reactions.
    Last edited by Gauss163; 03-21-2016 at 07:14 PM.

I managed to thread one of the screw holes on the charger - doh.
    Anyway, in case anyone else does this (it's easy to do, metal screws, soft plastic case) the fix I used was as follows:

Remove all other screws
    Lift case gently and unscrew the screw while lifting the case, it'll then come out.
    Screw all the working screws back in CAREFULLY.
    Cut up a fine piece of plastic - I used the push-out case of a SIM Card. Cut it into a fine long piece and drop it in the affected hole.
    Screw the screw back into the wonky hole. The extra bit of plastic you've dropped in will fill out and the screw will "bite" properly again.

I'm a muppet. But that's how you fix it if you also muppet it up.

Quote Originally Posted by tjh View Post
    The extra bit of plastic you've dropped in will fill out and the screw will "bite" properly again.

I'm a muppet. But that's how you fix it if you also muppet it up.
    This is a very nice tip, very creative and smart!

So as some of you know, I have just ordered one of these baby`s from GearBest for £63 ordered on the 22nd shipped 23rd, free 5 to 10 day delivery supposedly.

Questions so the newest charger`s come with firmware v1.4, is v1.4 available to download or is only v1.3 available at the moment, where do we go to download the latest firmware, the SKYRC website does not show any firmware, do you have to be a member of the development forum or something.

Thanks

John.
    Last edited by TinderBox (UK); 03-23-2016 at 02:37 AM.
    SkyRC MC3000 - Maha C9000 - LaCrosse BC-900 - Floureon BT-C3100 V2.2 - Accumanger 10 and 20 -Thunder AC6
    LiitoKala Lii-100 - Cozypony 24W Solar Panel - Soshine H4 - Soshine T2 - Soshine E4S

Quote Originally Posted by TinderBox (UK) View Post
    So as some of you know, I have just ordered one of these baby`s

Questions so the newest charger`s come with firmware v1.4, is v1.4 available to download or is only v1.3 available at the moment, where do we go to download the latest firmware, the SKYRC website does not show any firmware, do you have to be a member of the development forum or something.

Thanks

John.
    Most likely it'll come with v1.03.

v1.04 isn't available yet. I suspect (I don't know, am only guessing) that there will be an update to MC_3000_Monitor.exe to support the new firmware update. Because the existing version of MC_Monitor apparently had issues on Windows 7-10 with updating the firmware, causing failures. (These were fixed by SkyRC with a dedicated binary issued to affected customers, it didn't ruin the charger)

Maybe they will just issue a seperate 1.04 update binary.

Anyway, you'll get a v1.03 fan-blowing-upwards charger.

Enjoy.

Rolleye11 Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

If anyone one has further strong realistic suggestions to be included in the 1.04 release, please shoot. Now is the time.

Not sure if I'm too late, but here's a few more from me:

1. When the display has had "NO BATTERY" in all slots for 5 minutes, make the screen go into screen saver mode. Either it could turn off fully, or maybe bounce a pixel around or similar. Then it wakes up when a button is pressed or a battery is inserted.
    2. When charging, the only graph available on the charger itself is voltage. Why not also current (good for Li-Ion), temp, capacity etc?
    3. An option so that button presses don't beep, but so that the charger still beeps on completion/error etc. I want noises for when things are done, but the beeping while pressing buttons gets on my nerves. I know I'm pressing things, damnit!

Cheers.

1. When the display has had "NO BATTERY" in all slots for 5 minutes, make the screen go into screen saver mode. Either it could turn off fully, or maybe bounce a pixel around or similar. Then it wakes up when a button is pressed or a battery is inserted.
    2. When charging, the only graph available on the charger itself is voltage. Why not also current (good for Li-Ion), temp, capacity etc?
    3. An option so that button presses don't beep, but so that the charger still beeps on completion/error etc. I want noises for when things are done, but the beeping while pressing buttons gets on my nerves.
    re 1. i find the screensaver idea fun (and the mc3k philosophy is also about fun!) but there is no way that i would forward it as suggestion at this point. lowest priority. bug fixes and pcls development would rank so much higher.
    re 2. you can be sure that the folks already considered other quantities to graph in DDV and i don't want to make them implement something that they're not convinced themselves of, questionable stuff. i am not comfortable with current, capacity, power, energy myself. of the 5 possible temp readings i'd only agree about the SysTemp. also low priority in my books but i'd be happy to see SysTemp graphed in DDV.
    re 3. iCharger has a more diversified implementation to control beeping and i don't even understand what they all are, and i actually never cared to read up or test them, and i still don't care about the iCharger 3 options with 8 parameters (total), call me ignorant haha:
    Quote Originally Posted by iCharger
    Key stroke {ON|OFF}
    Buzzer {ON|OFF}
    Completion {5Χ|3min|Always|OFF}
    Sky is aware of the above quote, maybe they didn't find it as interesting as other mc3k-related work. Will come in future but not in 1.04

Thanks for your kind suggestions tjh. Needless to say that all of them would be easy to implement, and if they really wanted to, they'd do it in no time. Yet imho more pressing is the improvement of pcls and whatever further bugs we find in 1.04 (and pcls and bluetooth). I've listed your three suggestions and i'll pitch when time has come.

Any fw bugs in 1.03 not listed so far?

Yea I'm fine with that.
    They were all "nice to have" suggestions - I fully support proper fixes for important things first.

The (Key stroke {ON|OFF} and Buzzer {ON|OFF}) Sound like a good idea to me, as a lot of people prefer to disable sounds so as to not disturb others.

John.

Yea I'm fine with that.
    They were all "nice to have" suggestions - I fully support proper fixes for important things first.
    SkyRC MC3000 - Maha C9000 - LaCrosse BC-900 - Floureon BT-C3100 V2.2 - Accumanger 10 and 20 -Thunder AC6
    LiitoKala Lii-100 - Cozypony 24W Solar Panel - Soshine H4 - Soshine T2 - Soshine E4S

If anybody is looking for an usb power voltage meter, I have two of the white KCX-017 version mentioned in this thread, on one the voltage is slightly out, but there is no way to recalibrate it, but i also have two of the meters in the link below, they are a lot more accurate, you can change the usb mode and calibrate the meter and it`s only about $10

So unless you have a need for the microusb socket of the KCX-017, I recommend the usb meter below as it is the best bang for the buck.

"OLED USB 3.0 Charger Capacity power Current Voltage Detector Tester Meter Mobile"

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1719271242...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

John.

Last edited by TinderBox (UK); 03-23-2016 at 04:23 AM.

Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 / CES 2016 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

I figured out that Average in SOV is being computed as the quotient of energy and capacity. Discharging an old Samsung ICR18650-32A at -1.00A from 4.35V to 2.75V resulted in "Average: 3.700V" on the LCD lol.
    Actually i was wrong with the "I figured out". Errare humano est.

Today I am testing 10180's with dex, and cross-checking the value of Average gives that it is exactly the quotient of the voltage sum (at 1Hz dex sampling rate) and the LCD routine time (Time, not Total, converted to seconds). Mathematically speaking, it is the dt time integral of the voltage(t), divided by the time integral of dt itself, i.e. with the ident weighting function W=1=const., which is in the end nothing but the elapsed routine time t, very banal. In my text that's the most primitive but also a fully correct and acceptable way of defining an "average" physical quantity, here the "average voltage".

Of course it's a hypothetical/virtual/calculated quantity and has imo no practical meaning. An "average voltage" could be defined in many different (and still logical) ways, e.g. as the quotient of accumulated energy and accumulated capacity up to that point t, or with a non-ident weighting function W=W(t) under the integral, for example current, capacity, power, energy, anything(t).

When the maker revises the manual —fw 1.04 would warrant an updated manual imho—, i'll ask them to include the above as explanation of what Average in SOV means.
    Last edited by kreisl; 03-23-2016 at 05:54 AM.

Does anybody know of a brand of permanent marker that won't rub off, I mark the capacity of my cells, I have 3 different brands of permanent maker and they all just rub off just with my hands when i pick up the cells

Thanks

John.

Quote Originally Posted by copter74 View Post
    Hello :-)

Ok i understand more, so that's okay, thank you.
    I hope Skyrc will give us the rights to make the update.
    ...and what and the latest version ?

For nimh battery LSD 2300mA i put 1 / 5C is 0.46A but the internal resistance is low (75 mHom) and the detection even at 1 mV does not correctly detects the end of load, I'm disappointed.
    I'll try with 1/3 C 760 mA and 1 mV.
    Do you have this problem with LSD?

Quote Originally Posted by bosko90 View Post
    I am also noticed this :/ so I had to increase the charging current and terrmination set to 1mV. My other charger is also have -dV termination and it working normaly with 200mA current on 2400 AA.
    I know that on the NiMH battery at low flows are difficult to detect a drop. But why another cheaper ($ 35) charger normally works?
    What's your other charger?
    How do you know it's terminating using -dV at such a low charge rate?

I thought it was common knowledge that you don't get a -dV signal when charging below ~0.4C
    Hello,

Personally I am very disappointed with this charger while yet he was very impresive.
    This charger for my case is a battery killer.
    Not only this charger is expensive but the delta peak works when he feels like it.

I made twenty test.
    I own 40 batteries which are new (2300 mA LSD NiMH) and a lot of other batteries.
    By loading a 700mA or 1000mA (delta peak is 1 mV) the detection is sometimes yes and sometimes no. (random)
    I tried on batteries (NiCd 800mA) Charging at 160 mA and a 15mV delta peak charger never stops.
    Forced to use the timer or cut capacity.
    I tried on a BC-700 Lacrosse $ 30 and never any problem of detection!

I am only one with this problem ?
    I hope an update will solve this problem!

Here are 800mA Ni-CD (charge: 160mA and 15mV Delta Peak)
    Once loaded I was 0.1A discharge and have a capacity 760 mA, exactly the same as if I load with the timer for 5 hours at 160 mA

This is not normal ?

15mV delta peak? Seems very high - surely 2-3mV would be better?

Here are 800mA Ni-CD (charge: 160mA and 15mV Delta Peak)
    you mean 800mAh Ni-CD?

160/800 = 0.2C , isn't that kinda low?

15mV
    Delta Peak, why so high?

bc700 offers 200, 500 and 700mA charging rates. which rate do you use with the bc700?

do you have a manufacturer's PDF-datasheet for your Ni-CD batteries?

did you read the fine manual? the MC3000 instruction manual?

i have old and new NiMH batteries, LSD and not, and with the default settings 0.5C/3mV i don't get missed terminations. with 0dV the charger terminates even earlier, if you prefer that.

sure, with the BC700 you don't need to play with advanced settings like Delta Peak. and the BC700 costs only 30$.

but honestly speaking i have more fun with the MC3000.

Last edited by kreisl; 03-23-2016 at 09:19 AM.

Flashaholic

copter74, your problem is the result of your unsuitable settings. For an easy solution I suggest that you select the Eneloop StdAA program and don't change any parameters. It should work perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by TinderBox (UK) View Post
    Does anybody know of a brand of permanent marker that won't rub off, I mark the capacity of my cells, I have 3 different brands of permanent maker and they all just rub off just with my hands when i pick up the cells
    I have tried many different permanent markers on my batteries over the years, only to find none of them permanent, so I don't have a direct answer to your dilemma. But a Brother P-touch labeler does the trick quite nicely:
    It's more legible than my iffy handwriting, thin enough to not cause problems in any of my lights, and is removable if needed.

HTH

Thank you

No I have no problem with the parameters or the manual for the MC3000 I confess to not having read lol
    I work in electronics and computer science for 25 year.
    I bought LSD for their benefits.
    At first I thought their low internal resistance would pose problems for the detection of Delta peak so I increased the load up to 1A and always the same.
    Usually I charge my Ni-MH / Ni-CD on other chargers but I need another.
    Lately we loaned me a charger bc-700, it was expected that I buy this one but I'm a geek lol
    I always loaded all my my Ni-Cd and NiMH 15 mV and 3 mV between 7mV on many different chargers (I make modelisme) and never any problem of detection, even by charging 80 mA 0.1C my Ni-CD

The screenshot is for Ni-CD 800mA ...
    Why do you find it high 15 mV for Ni-CD?

The BC-700 I loaded closer to what is recommended for my batteries.
    NiMH LSD 2300 mA => 460mA / 7h (therefore 500mA on BC-700)
    NiCd 800 mA => 160mA / 7h (so 200 mA on 700-BC)

The detection on all my other chargers is effective .... I own Power LAB 8 Graupner ULTRAMAT, etc ....
    On the same MC3000 to increase the load to heat the battery to increase the internal resistance for improved website detection does not change anything that is still haphazard.
    I must on the MC3000 activated the safety timer and ability, I ca not find normal for a charger at this price and also evolved.

I launched a test by loading the NICD 800mA (Dv on 7mV and load 160mA) without security ... I watch the curve :-/
    I'll try the Eneloop AA std fashion but I find the detection really very insensitive and unrealistic ..
    If you do not have problem when I fell on the wrong charger.

My FW version is 1.02
    My HW version is 1.04
    Last edited by copter74; 03-23-2016 at 10:50 AM.

Thank you

No I have no problem with the parameters or the manual for the MC3000 I confess to not having read lol
    I work in electronics and computer science for 25 year.
    I bought LSD for their benefits.
    At first I thought their low internal resistance would pose problems for the detection of Delta peak so I increased the load up to 1A and always the same.
    Usually I charge my Ni-MH / Ni-CD on other chargers but I need another.
    Lately we loaned me a charger bc-700, it was expected that I buy this one but I'm a geek lol
    I always loaded all my my Ni-Cd and NiMH 15 mV and 3 mV between 7mV on many different chargers (I make modelisme) and never any problem of detection, even by charging 80 mA 0.1C my Ni-CD

The screenshot is for Ni-CD 800mA ...
    Why do you find it high 15 mV for Ni-CD?

The BC-700 I loaded closer to what is recommended for my batteries.
    NiMH LSD 2300 mA => 460mA / 7h (therefore 500mA on BC-700)
    NiCd 800 mA => 160mA / 7h (so 200 mA on 700-BC)

The detection on all my other chargers is effective .... I own Power LAB 8 Graupner ULTRAMAT, etc ....
    On the same MC3000 to increase the load to heat the battery to increase the internal resistance for improved website detection does not change anything that is still haphazard.
    I must on the MC3000 activated the safety timer and ability, I ca not find normal for a charger at this price and also evolved.

I launched a test by loading the NICD 800mA (Dv on 7mV and load 160mA) without security ... I watch the curve :-/
    If you do not have problem when I fell on the wrong charger.
    My FW version is 1.02
    My HW version is 1.04
    i don't understand a word of coherence here, sorry.
    i am giving up.
    sorry but i am no native English speaker so i don't understand the text perfectly well.
    let us know which paragraph of the instruction manual you don't understand clearly and we'll try to rephrase.

Page 96 of 166 FirstFirst ... 46868990919293949596979899100101102103106146 ... LastLast