Klarus        
Page 102 of 166 FirstFirst ... 252929596979899100101102103104105106107108109112152 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,060 of 4953

Thread: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

So is the firmware updating working now for those on 1.02 and below?

John.

Quote Originally Posted by kreisl View Post

btw there s a new youtube showing how updating of the firmware looks like
    SkyRC MC3000 - Maha C9000 - LaCrosse BC-900 - Floureon BT-C3100 V2.2 - Accumanger 10 and 20 -Thunder AC6
    LiitoKala Lii-100 - Cozypony 24W Solar Panel - Soshine H4 - Soshine T2 - Soshine E4S

yes john

So who`s first in line for a BRICK

John.

yes john
    SkyRC MC3000 - Maha C9000 - LaCrosse BC-900 - Floureon BT-C3100 V2.2 - Accumanger 10 and 20 -Thunder AC6
    LiitoKala Lii-100 - Cozypony 24W Solar Panel - Soshine H4 - Soshine T2 - Soshine E4S

Quote Originally Posted by TinderBox (UK) View Post
    So who`s first in line for a BRICK

John.
    If the update fail the charger is not bricked. It's enough to power on the charger (even only by connecting the USB cable, the power supply can be left unconnected) and at the same time keep pressed the enter button: the bootloader will start directly without trying to boot the (bricked) firmware. Then you can retry the update procedure, maybe with another PC if it fails even the second time...

btw there s a new youtube showing how updating of the firmware looks like
    Interesting.

They mention in the video description "And note that early production units do not show any blinking LED's during the process." - does this apply to people who's fan (originally anyway) blew down?

yes pretty much so. the boot loader was changed maybe even weeks earlier before they changed the fan direction.

with the beta updater.exe one cannot easily brick the charger, kappa7 procedure would salvage xyz from going awry. i haven't tested it though.

and only people with good experience with using pcls on their total system (operating system + hardware + usb quality cable) should feel safe during the moment of bricking

yes pretty much so. the boot loader was changed maybe even weeks earlier before they changed the fan direction.
    Damnit! I want the pretty lights when upgrading...

Alas.

At least my fan has been optimised.

Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 / CES 2016 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

I wonder when the latest firmware will be available officially?

Quote Originally Posted by jpasint View Post
    Thanks for the tips Joe. Very helpful indeed.
    I enjoy the challenge of putting such gadgets back together. Been doing this kind of stuff my whole life and get better at it with age.
    Yw. it was the cumulative work of many fan moders that helped me master the open/close of this v nice machine. Lol, now I wish I needed to charge batteries more, sort of bored in between charges.

Quote Originally Posted by chemEJoe View Post
    Lol, now I wish I needed to charge batteries more, sort of bored in between charges.
    (k#38)
    Last edited by kreisl; 04-20-2016 at 05:06 AM.

in the setup menu there is a parameter that I don't understand : "Input voltage" that can be change from 10 to 12V.
    What does it do exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by propergol View Post
    in the setup menu there is a parameter that I don't understand : "Input voltage" that can be change from 10 to 12V.
    What does it do exactly?
    It's been discussed before, it's the voltage level at which the charger will complain "voltage level too low" I believe.

Hopefully with fw 1.04 a new manual will be issued that discusses it and the other changes that the FW will require to be made to the manual.

Or we'll have to write a "community edition" of the manual

ah ok! Thanks for the info.
    I did search in this thread before asking but that not easy to find something relevant/matching.

I finally decided to join the party. I placed an order for a MC3000 on Tuesday and it arrived yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised when it accepted a few tired old NiMH cells that my two other smart chargers reject, probably due to high internal resistance. Obviously those cells will not be able to handle high drain devices no matter how good a charger I use for them, but it is nice to know I am now able to squeeze every last bit of life out of them.

One thing I would like to see is something you might call "speed dial", if implemented in the app. The way I imagine it is you have four buttons (possibly in the form of miniature photos of your own choosing) on the app home screen; press one and one of your four most frequently used programs is executed. From the charger itself, the shortcut could be a five second press and hold on one of the slot buttons.

My apologies if I am suggesting something that has already been discussed at length. I have not seen the exact same proposal anywhere else in this thread, but it is quite long and I would be lying if I said I have read every page.

Artist's rendition.

Artist's rendition.

Enlightened

Nice idea.

I like it!

I'm sure they will slot that into their schedules somewhere around 2021.....ish.

Anybody that`s looking for a power switch for the power brick they look like the one kreisl posted earlier somewhere, I found them on eBay for $1.50 delivered. eBay item number: 131042056144

EDIT: I received my power switches, they are a different style from the one in the auction photo, and has a smaller power switch, but it seems to work OK.
    EDIT2: I contacted the seller and i gave them a photo of the switch i received, And they gave me a full refund, that`s 3 switches for free.

John.
    Last edited by TinderBox (UK); 05-14-2016 at 05:09 AM.

Thanks. I've just ordered one of them.

Hello. Nice switch. I ordered 2 pcs.
    I have question on charger SkyRC MC3000: Is it able to set as low charging current as 5-50 mA?
    I would like to make some "spacer" and charge LIR 2016 (capacity 50mAh) or at least LIR 2032 (~200 mAh) batteries.
    I am thinking about buying this charger machine as it can replace my Maha MH-C9000 + Xtar WP2 II + LIR charger.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Skeidži; 04-26-2016 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeidži
    I am thinking about buying this charger machine as it can replace my Maha MH-C9000 + Xtar WP2 II + LIR charger.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeidži View Post
    Hello. Nice switch. I ordered 2 pcs.
    I have question on charger SkyRC MC3000: Is it able to set as low charging current as 5-50 mA?
    I would like to make some "spacer" and charge LIR 2016 (capacity 50mAh) or at least LIR 2032 (~200 mAh) batteries.
    Thanks.
    Atm it can charge as low as 50ma , in future firmware versions it is posible that it will go down to 10ma, as it is technicaly doable for the charger.

lir, whats dad?

also see last pages of manual, specs, faqs, the last faq item hh.

i don't see 10mA coming, maybe next year hah
    5mA, really?
    and what's next please?

mc3000 doesn't replace xtar nor maha c9000. the latter are smaller and easier to use.

the next public supported battery could be ram
    but the test batteries leaked and self destroyed and destroyed the chargers so ram publication is also put on indefinite hold, maybe also next year hah

nuff. i am taking a brake and am travelling. just lovely to see the world. i'll check back in whenever i can, c u guys

bye

edit: swede74, four favorite quick dial programs because the device has four SNB's?
    can u detail the complete idea, maybe with the help of a complex elaborate example? assume that there are also active slots.
    Last edited by kreisl; 04-26-2016 at 08:57 PM.

"Never heard of LIR", kreisl??? C'mon, we discussed, basically, the same thing in this very thread a while ago...

Attempting to charge a deeply discharged LiIon (~2.40V). The protection circuit was originally tripped, released it by holding the slot number button. Upon initializing a charge program, either LiIon or LiFe, the voltage numbers start rapidly dropping (as far as I can see) and then "Check Voltage" and the protection circuit is tripped again. With each release-trip cycle the reported voltage of the cell is lower by a few centivolts. Is there anything I can do for that cell with this charger?

swede74, four favorite quick dial programs because the device has four SNB's?
    Exactly. Four buttons = shortcuts to four different programs. Makes sense, doesn't it?

can u detail the complete idea, maybe with the help of a complex elaborate example?
    For example, I have three GP EkoPower 600 mAh cells that I use for my bike light, that I charge quite often. I would like to be able to put them in the MC3000, press and hold a button for five seconds, and have them charged using parameters I or people in this thread deem appropriate for low capacity cells.

I also have four Eneloop XX 2450 mAh that powers a small portable radio. Those I would like to be able to charge by simply pressing another button.

And, just to make things a little bit more interesting, maybe I want to charge my bike light NiMH cells AND the Li-Ion cell in my Zebralight H32w on Sundays. It would be nice not to have to press a lot of buttons and expose my brain to unnecessary wear and tear every Sunday, so ideally it should be possible to execute up to four different programs by pressing and holding one of the slot buttons. (e. g. SNB#1-3 = program 01, SNB#4 = program 02)

The icons / photos on the app home screen would serve as a reminder on which cell goes in which slot.

assume that there are also active slots.
    I'm not sure I get this part, sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by B-2Admirer View Post
    "Never heard of LIR", kreisl??? C'mon, we discussed, basically, the same thing in this very thread a while ago...

Attempting to charge a deeply discharged LiIon (~2.40V). The protection circuit was originally tripped, released it by holding the slot number button. Upon initializing a charge program, either LiIon or LiFe, the voltage numbers start rapidly dropping (as far as I can see) and then "Check Voltage" and the protection circuit is tripped again. With each release-trip cycle the reported voltage of the cell is lower by a few centivolts. Is there anything I can do for that cell with this charger?
    oh hi, i must have lost memory during that while, my bad sorry hh.
    (…)
    Yes, at the beginning of a Charge program, the charger determines the Batt IR. This will discharge the battery a bit and trip the protection again, all intended like this
    The only thing which comes to squimind is that you press and hold the SNB for a loong time. Continuing to hold the button will continue to pump charge into de battery. Do so until voltage has reached 3.2V or whatnot. LiFe program should be helpful too thanks. Please let us know how it goes.

Can you specify the parameters (like amplitude and duration) of the current pulse passed into a cell upon an SNB press?

Quote Originally Posted by Swede74 View Post
    And, just to make things a little bit more interesting, maybe I want to charge my bike light NiMH cells AND the Li-Ion cell in my Zebralight H32w on Sundays. It would be nice not to have to press a lot of buttons and expose my brain to unnecessary wear and tear every Sunday, so ideally it should be possible to execute up to four different programs by pressing and holding one of the slot buttons.
    Thanks for the scenario. What about the following scenario?
    TOV, with the four slots being: #1:[01] finished, #2:[02] busy, #3:[03] ready, #4:[04] empty.
    Long-pressing any SNB is already occupied for manual charge pumping, see my previous post. Instead, I could offer pressing < UP + SNB#? >, for example < UP + SNB#1 >. But what is supposed to happen with each of these four slots, i.e. their programs and their slot status, if a user presses < UP + SNB#1 > in this scenario? Please elaborate the details, I need to get the full idea, appreciated thanks.

Anyway, a straight-forward implementation of the 4 quick calls would be in GSV, something like:

SNB1 Memory: [21]
    SNB2 Memory: [05]
    SNB3 Memory: [12]
    SNB4 Memory: [01]

This would be equal in function to the following implementation in GSV:

1 [21][21][21][21]
    2 [05][05][05][05]
    3 [12][12][12][12]
    4 [01][01][01][01]

Both implementations use up 4 rows in GSV. The former is easier to understand and likable. The latter is more flexible in functionality but overworking the idea imho. How would someone be able to memorize four 4-tuples and also their assignment to the four SNB's? No, if you want to 'save' a certain bay configuration, e.g. #1:[11] #2:[12] #3:[13] #4:[14], under 1 quick call, for example < UP + SNB#2 >, then this ain't gonna happen, sorry.
    That blows squimind.

And, last but not least, all of your described scenarios are easily overcome by using the DUMMY UI Mode. In that mode, the NiMH/LiIon batteries are recognized and charged with a default charge rate. Done.
    Last edited by kreisl; 04-26-2016 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by B-2Admirer View Post
    Can you specify the parameters (like amplitude and duration) of the current pulse passed into a cell upon an SNB press?
    Can I quote HKJ's measurement? Here we go:

Sigh Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Thank you. I should have remembered that

150 mA is may be too high, I think I have a safer way to bring the cell to a higher voltage.

Quote Originally Posted by jpasint View Post
    Opened it up and 3 out of 4 of those black pins that hold the springs are broken. I guess the other 2 of them were ready to break and removing their top support (the PC board) allowed the springs to break them while I was disassembling it.

The charger must have taken a big hit or something for those to break because the PC board braces the pins so there really shouldn't be much flex in them to cause them to break at the base.

I'm thinking maybe some JB weld would work?
    The thing is, one of the broken black pins has evaporated into thin air so I'll have to come up with something for that one.
    I think I still have some carbon fiber rod from some old RC control linkage that might fit the bill.

Anyone else have to deal with this issue or am I the lucky one?
    I had two broken pins. After many emails, the best I got was a partial refund from the seller and a free cover from SkyRC, I just had to pay the postage. It arrived just now. Very good service from SkyRC. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ktku7hrao9...G0911.jpg?dl=0

Long-pressing any SNB is already occupied for manual charge pumping, see my previous post.
    I was not aware of the manual charge pumping feature. As Niles would say to Frasier if their last name were Sciuridae: That is why you are the older squirrel.

Instead, I could offer pressing < UP + SNB#? >, for example < UP + SNB#1 >. But what is supposed to happen with each of these four slots, i.e. their programs and their slot status, if a user presses < UP + SNB#1 > in this scenario? Please elaborate the details, I need to get the full idea, appreciated thanks.
    < UP + SNB#? > sounds like a very good alternative to a five second long-press. I may be missing something, and I have no idea how the programming leading up to the end result I am looking for would work. Perhaps the app or the PC software could be used to assign a < UP + SNB#? > combination to a certain bay configuration? You could say that my goal is to eliminate the long series of key presses required for programming one or several slots when a user wants to charge (or discharge or refresh) a favourite combination of cells. I would be happy to elaborate further if I could, but this is as far as I my imagination has taken me at the moment.

No, if you want to 'save' a certain bay configuration, e.g. #1:[11] #2:[12] #3:[13] #4:[14], under 1 quick call, for example < UP + SNB#2 >, then this ain't gonna happen, sorry.
    That blows squimind.
    But if it ain't gonna happen I can certainly live with that...

And, last but not least, all of your described scenarios are easily overcome by using the DUMMY UI Mode. In that mode, the NiMH/LiIon batteries are recognized and charged with a default charge rate. Done.
    ...since the Dummy mode comes fairly close to what I am suggesting. Close, but not quite all the way. There is always room for improvement.

By the way, if I insert a Li-Ion cell (the same cell, one slot at a time) in slot #1,#3 or #4 in Dummy mode on my unit, the default charge rate is 0.7 A. In slot #2 it is 1.5 A. Is this normal?

Page 102 of 166 FirstFirst ... 252929596979899100101102103104105106107108109112152 ... LastLast