The Fenix-Store        
Page 131 of 161 FirstFirst ... 3181121124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138141 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,930 of 4819

Thread: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 / CES 2016 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Quote Originally Posted by kreisl View Post
    i measured 10180 capacity earlier this year with 1 missing decimal for mAh and Wh. you could use -0.05A as discharge rate, it will give you the highest capacity. i used 2.70V as discharge cutoff looks like.

Looking at 10180 chargers, the typical charging current for 10180's seems to be 50mA or 0.05A. To reduce w&t, set a high termination current say 0.03A and set a low target voltage maybe 4.10V. A spacer is needed to bridge the terminals, and the total resistance of battery and aluminum spacer was 600mO on my system.
    Thank you for the suggestions. If the built-in charger in the UC02 charges the cell to >4.15 V I will probably use my MC3000 when possible. 10180 cells are not as readily available here as, say, meatballs, IKEA Ladda cells and dreary autumn days, so sourcing a replacement might be a bit of a challenge.

Thank you also for pointing out that using an aluminium spacer adds to the total resistance.

Flashaholic

Can anyone suggest why my MC3000 consistently terminates Li-Ion cells at 4.18v rather than the selected termination voltage of 4.20v?

Quote Originally Posted by Trancersteve View Post
    Can anyone suggest why my MC3000 consistently terminates Li-Ion cells at 4.18v rather than the selected termination voltage of 4.20v?

also check calibration of your charger. if "4.18V" is the reading of your multimeter and you want mc3k to show 4.18V when your DMM shows "4.18V", then feel free to adjust the calibration of the charger accordingly np, i did it too. i wuv my multimeter

bam.
    Last edited by kreisl; 10-21-2016 at 12:43 PM.

Btw the latest revision of the manual has been posted on sky website. It is now up to date with my beta 1.12 firmware, nice.
    Great. It would be good to have a listing by page of the differences to avoid having to print out the whole thing again.
    EagTac M25C2 Turbo_VN_XPG2-PDTc version; SureFire UB3T Invictus; Nitecore SRT7; TrustFire X6; LumaPower MVP (3xCree) , Sunwayman V11R; 4Sevens Quark AA Tactical; Nitecore DI (R2, GDP, Q5); LiteFlux LF2XT-R2;

And I also notice that on the Firmware page it shows:MC3000_Firmware_Update_V1.11.rar Revised 2016-10-19

This revision date is the SAME date as the revised Manual dates: MC3000 Charger Manual (English V1.12).pdfRevised 2016-10-19

The Manual is definitely v1.12 (I checked) - yet despite the same date, the version number for Firmware is 1.11. Should that be 1.12 for Firmware too?
    EagTac M25C2 Turbo_VN_XPG2-PDTc version; SureFire UB3T Invictus; Nitecore SRT7; TrustFire X6; LumaPower MVP (3xCree) , Sunwayman V11R; 4Sevens Quark AA Tactical; Nitecore DI (R2, GDP, Q5); LiteFlux LF2XT-R2;

Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

it's okay to turn off D.REDUCE but you should set TERMINATION as low as possible in order to ensure that you always start your logics with a 100.0% fully charged battery.
    Please could you try CYCLE C>D>C N=3 TERMINATION:0.01A D.REDUCE:OFF and report all 6 capacities? Charge and discharge rates don't matter much, so feel free to choose high values like -2.0A/1.5A. With a single liion battery you could even turn off the cooling fan.
    Let's see if this program solves the mystery for you.
    In any case, please don't mind the charged capacities, in general they have little meaning or no real use.
    OK right now it is OK with yout settings on 18650 LiIon Battery
    CYCLE 1 - 1668mAh
    CYCLE 2 - 1673mAh
    CYCLE 3 - 1669mAh
    Capacity - 1653mAh

Moreover, in my opinion it should be some fix in firmware to indicate if we are talking about Discharge Capacity (D CAPACITY) or Charge Capactity (CH Capacity) because in this case CYCLE1,CYCLE2,CYCLE3 it is Discharge Capacity and Capacity it is Charge Capacity so it can be confusing for users. (for me it is confusing).

Quote Originally Posted by 7histology View Post
    Great. It would be good to have a listing by page of the differences
    i can list the changes in this post, English manual, geman accordingly:

m05: 3.85 was replaced with 4.08
    m14: Dummy text was added
    m15: HW Version text was substituted
    m16: Soft Charge text was added
    m18: a new list item was added
    m24: the word depressing was substituted for pressing
    m27: the word depressing was substituted for pressing
    cover page: numbers like date and version were updated

Quote Originally Posted by 7histology View Post
    And I also notice that on the Firmware page it shows:MC3000_Firmware_Update_V1.11.rar Revised 2016-10-19
    posted firmware version hasn't changed, the "2016-10-19" is wrong date for the firmware. afaik the FW1.12 has been forwarded to the testing department and could be posted within a few weeks. Then the date typo should be correct/corrected thanks

While youre in TOV, up and down buttons pressed by themselves are unused atm.
    It would greatly simplify and speed up the operation of the charger if the up/down buttons were used to change program for inserted batteries.
    ex: up/down changes the program for all populated slots that are not running a program.
    if say one slot already populated and running a program, upon inserting a battery to a free slot/slots, up/down changes program for the newly populated slot/slots.

Quote Originally Posted by DeJaVu View Post
    ex: up/down changes the program for all populated slots that are not running a program.
    if say one slot already populated and running a program, upon inserting a battery to a free slot/slots, up/down changes program for the newly populated slot/slots.
    current implementation of <UP> and <DOWN> in TOV:
    in TOV: <UP+SNB> = MR of favorite program, afaik no matter what state the slots are in
    in TOV: <UP> or <DOWN> = enter DDV, when at least 1 slot is active
    in TOV: <UP> or <DOWN> = no function, when all slots are inactive. <===

Thanks for the idea! with the current implementation, which i like, i can't see how your full idea could be added. yours seems to partly clash with the current implementation and in FW1.12 the <UP+SNB> function was fixed, see (k#74). the only condition where your idea would be applicable is when all slots are inactive. either way imho the <UP+SNB> function trumps it. for example, if all slots are inactive and set to [04], you'd need to press <UP> 7x to get to [11] for all slots, whereas with <UP+SNB#1> getting to [11] would be just 1 key stroke away.

Last edited by kreisl; 10-22-2016 at 06:27 AM.

in TOV: <UP> or <DOWN> = enter DDV condition should be if all slots have solid green light, all have solid red light or combination of those two
    in TOV: <UP> or <DOWN> = change program condition should be if there is a slot flashing red/green, and it would change program for the flashing slots
    I dont see how it would clash with anything, unless im missing something?
    Edit 2:
    Just to clear things bit more. The flashing red/green condition would have more weight that solid red or solid green, so if there is say 1 slot with solid red + 1 slot solid green + 1 slot flashing red/green, then <UP> or <DOWN> in TOV = change program.

And another thing...
    I also find myself many times mistakenly press the down button in SOV while i need to go up, and by watching the video @radellaf made i see im not alone . The reason for this is because the settings and program parameters menus are made like a top to down list and pressing the "down" button progresses to the next item, while when choosing a program from SOV "down" actually takes you to previous item.While it might be logical because you go lower number with "down" it still is bit confusing.Maybe envision the programs menu also as a top to bottom list and change the behavior, so that "down" goes to next item(higher number) and "up" to previous item. Or posibly have an option in the settings menu to reverse the programs list in SOV.
    Hope this makes sense, and can be addressed in the 1.12 firmware.

Edit:
    with <UP+SNB> you have access only to 4 programs from TOV, with the way im proposing you can access all programs from TOV. Ofcourse <UP+SNB> is also usefull , and can be used to save few more clicks with the programs you use most.
    Last edited by DeJaVu; 10-22-2016 at 06:53 AM.

Just to clear things bit more. The flashing red/green condition would have more weight that solid red or solid green, so if there is say 1 slot with solid red + 1 slot solid green + 1 slot flashing red/green, then <UP> or <DOWN> in TOV = change program.
    i get your interesting idea with the 'more weight'. what about the following general example:
    before: #1:[01]busy #2:[04]ready #3:[29]ready #4:[11]empty
    after clicking 7x <UP> in TOV we would never see DDV of #1 but get the following
    after: #1:[01]busy #2:[11]ready #3:[06]ready #4:[11]empty

Is that it?
    Hmm . Me not likey. In this case, where the program numbers differ in the ready slots, the parallel changing of numbers doesn't feel right and actually is not right. Got a likable solution to this problem?

and the other thing .. .. was addressed in FW1.12, see (k#79): in SOV, pressing <DOWN> means 'scrolling the page down' or 'go to the lower area of the information page' and pressing <UP> means 'go up to the upper area of the page', the same as clicking on the up/down Windows controls of a long browser page which requires scrolling. (k#79) has fixed that there is no more highlighted line in SOV. As soon as you press <DOWN>, the information scrolls down, as in a Windows screen. I hope that that mitigates the potential for your confusion in SOV. Btw what do you mean by 'program list'? In SOV there are no 'programs', we can call the lines 'items' instead, e.g. the fourth item listed in SOV is Average.
    Last edited by kreisl; 10-22-2016 at 08:51 AM.

i get your nice idea with the 'more weight'. what about the following general example:
    after clicking 7x <UP> in TOV we would never see DDV of #1 but get the following
    after: #1:[01]busy #2:[11]ready #3:[06]ready #4:[11]empty

Is that it?
    Hmm . Me not likey. In this case, where the program numbers differ in the ready slots, the parallel changing of numbers doesn't feel right and actually is not right. Got a likable solution to this problem?
    Yep, i dont like that too . So the solution would be if "ready"(flashing red/green) condition is met on any slot, on the first click on <UP> or <DOWN> all ready slots shall be set to program 1, and after that pressing <UP> or <DOWN> would go to next or previous program, and it would look something like this

after clicking 1x <UP> or <DOWN> in TOV we would never see DDV of #1 but get the following
    #1:[01]busy #2:[01]ready #3:[01]ready #4:[11]empty

#1:[01]busy #2:[07]ready #3:[07]ready #4:[11]empty

after clicking 7x <DOWN> in TOV we would never see DDV of #1 but get the following
    #1:[01]busy #2:[25]ready #3:[25]ready #4:[11]empty

and the other thing .. .. was addressed in FW1.12, see (k#79): in SOV, pressing <DOWN> means 'scrolling the page down' or 'go to the lower area of the information page' and pressing <UP> means 'go up to the upper area of the page', the same as clicking on the up/down Windows controls of a long browser page which requires scrolling. (k#79) has fixed that there is no more highlighted line in SOV. As soon as you press <DOWN>, the information scrolls down, as in a Windows screen. I hope that that mitigates the potential for your confusion in SOV. Btw what do you mean by 'program list'? In SOV there are no 'programs', we can call the lines 'items' instead, e.g. the fourth item listed in SOV is Average.
    By the description of k#79 i dont think it addresses the same thing im talking about.
    Maybe i got the terminology mixed idk, but i had this in mind.
    Insert battery>press snb button(slot button). Current program is lets say 25 and i need program 26... Instead of going for the <UP> button, i intuitively press <DOWN> button and go to program 24 instead and need to correct.I saw the same thing happening to radellaf in his video and he had to also correct himself. I guess going for the right side button to go for next item(higher program number) is more intuitive than the left side button. So i had in mind an option to change how the program choosing behaves, and if im on program 25, pressing <DOWN> would take us to 26 instead of 24. Imagine it like a scrolling down list , like you said.Starting with program 1 and scrolling down to program 30.
    Last edited by DeJaVu; 10-22-2016 at 08:24 AM.

Hi Kreisl,

Instead of On or Off for the system beep, is it possible to have the option to adjust it? the sound is more acute on my new charger than my "old" one and they are in my bedroom. Or instead 10 beeps for each slot, 5-10 beeps for the final process of the last slot that have been started together?
    Sorry for my english. Acebeam k70, Armytek Predator -Dobermann Pro V3 XP-L HI and XHP35, Barracuda Pro V2 XP-L HI, Tiara A1 Pro V2 and C1 Pro V2, Wizard Pro V3 XHP50 and XPL, Partner C4 Pro v3 XHP35, Nitecore TM26, TM16GT, MH20, P12GT, SKYRC MC-3000..+++

all ready slots shall be set to program 1, and after that pressing <UP>
    I get your idea.
    And the more i think about it and its implications in practice, the more do i come to the conclusion that the new situation would be a toss, not a clear overall improvement. now, if #2:[14]ready #3:[15]ready and i wanted [13] for both slots, i'd just do it and enjoy the process, for example 6 presses from TOV: <SNB#2><DOWN><SNB#3><DOWN><DOWN><ENTER> and be all set in TOV, and i could still enter DDV of neighboring active slots at any time. your idea would reset to [01] —seemingly an arbitrary start, why not start with [15] or [23] one may argue?—, and we'd need a total of 13 presses to be all set and still wouldn't know what's behind [13]. the 'more weight' overruling is interesting and makes sense when one inserts a new battery in an empty slot, but imho less so in other cases when i really want to see DDV and not care about any neighboring ready slots: it's more important (to me) to be able to access DDV at any time in TOV.
    pro's:
    + setting program number in parallel from TOV instead of SPV; sounds neat as a rough idea/starting point

con's:
    - always starts with the same number, e.g. [01], no matter 'how far/close' the target program is from the current number
    - why [01] to start with? seems arbitrary; either way in the general case there will be lots of <UP>-pressings involved, up to 15-16 or so
    -- loss of DDV whenever 1 slot is or has become -no matter how it got there- a ready slot. basically forces the user to, for example, remove all ready slot batteries in order to be able to view DDV of the say neighboring finished slots. interesting, but me not likey. that's what we could regard as 'clashing'
    - while incrementing the number, one doesn't know what's behind the number, as opposed to incrementing in SPV; this means that one needs to know by heart in advance which number is the target, as opposed to which program: it is easier to memorize "i have saved my LiIon standard charge program in <UP+SNB#1>" than to memorize "i have saved my LiIon standard charge program in [23]"; i am not good (any longer) at memorizing numbers, i still don't know my own cell phone number other than by 1800SAFEWAY technique.
    - drags other ready slots along, even if not wanted/intended.
    I have listed your idea with status 'UNCONFIRMED', not convinced/not convinced yet and also can't think of a satisfactory detailed solution. Btw no further last minute changes, so it will not make it into FW1.12.

right side button to go for next item(higher program number) is more intuitive than the left side button. So i had in mind an option to change how the program choosing behaves, and if im on program 25, pressing <DOWN> would take us to 26 instead of 24. Imagine it like a scrolling down list , like you said.Starting with program 1 and scrolling down to program 30.
    ah you meant SPV, not SOV, okok i get you.
    this topic was already discussed at the design stage and decided upon to everyone's satisfaction and conviction back then. the left nav button is an UP-button (not a MINUS or PLUS button), the light nav button is a DOWN-button (not a MINUS or PLUS button). think of the following: once you have pressed ENTER on a program number in SPV, the first highlighted option is BATT TYPE:LiIon. It is very comfortable now to navigate the option list from top to bottom single-handedly with 2 fingers on the lower right buttons: the DOWN- and the ENTER-button. How else would you go thru the list of program options? Hardly with the 2nd button and the 4th button (counted from the left). I get your point, though. Instead of "DOWN"-meaning, you'd prefer to assign "PLUS/INCREASE"-meaning to the 3rd button, which would lead to the original effect, namley going down thru the list, as in "increasing the position number in the list (w/ bottom option=highest number)". During programming in SPV the 3rd button should effect "going down" (or "going forward"), as before, right? Then which symbol should be printed on this button? Currently, a DOWN-symbol is printed on it, makes perfect sense, no need to think what i means, what i effects. This symbol cannot hold anymore imho, if the button is to mean "PLUS/INCREASE"; but you cannot use the UP-symbol (=INCREASE symbol) either, because this is NOT intuitive ('pressing on UP-symbol button and the cursor on LCD goes down?? no way!'). What about the "PLUS"-symbol to be printed on the 3rd button? Better but not optimal either: why would the cursor go down, if i pressed a PLUS-button? one argues 'because plus means progressing in the list and since the list goes from top to bottom, you'll progress down!' while the other one argues 'plus means increase and increasing means more/bigger/higher, so the cursor should go up'. Your idea introduces potential for confusion. The current implementation of button meaning and button labeling has zero potential for confusion and is even more intuitive, we can agree to disagree: with program numbers, the UP-printed button means going from [25] to [26], and with program option, the UP-printed button means moving the highlighted line 1 line up or scrolling upwards to the top of SPV.

In the end it doesn't come down imho to the question of intuition but to matter of habit, past experience (e.g. with hobby chargers), and getting used to new UI's. Simply think of the 3rd button as "The DOWN-button" (as the DOWN-symbol indicates) and not as "The INCREASE-button". Since this topic had been discussed years ago within the maker's team and the 3rd button has a DOWN-symbol printed on it, i don't see any need to risk getting if i ever pitched your idea and certainly without my own conviction. While it would be technically possible (and easy?) to implement a corresponding option in GSV, sorry i can't pitch it. Of course, anyone else feel free to shoot emails to sky about it and see how they …
    Last edited by kreisl; 10-22-2016 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gyzmo2002 View Post
    beeps for the final process of the last slot that have been started together?
    Hello gyzmo2002, increasing the selection or range of parameters in an option in GSV (or SPV) should be easy enough for the programmer.
    Key Beep has the range {Off|1|2|…|15|16}, System Beep currently has {Off|On}. Would you like to have {Off|1|2|…|15|16} for System Beep too, or how exactly(!) should the range look like?
    Actually you're talking about finish beep, not about System Beep. Finish beep is lumped into System Beep. In theory one could de-lump it into:
    System Beep = Finish Beep + Other Beep. And then we could have a specific range for finish beep, e.g. {Off|5x|10x|Last|Mldy1|Mldy2}. As long as we don't have a separate finish beep option in GSV, i don't see how our current System Beep selection range could comprise it, any idea? And i don't believe that the programmers will indulge in the de-lumping idea. I can imagine them rolling

If everyone were happy enough with {Off|1|2|…|15|16} for System Beep, then i could pitch that, sure np. Won't make it into FW1.12 though, too late.
    Last edited by kreisl; 10-22-2016 at 12:40 PM.

now, if #2:[14]ready #3:[15]ready and i wantdc [13] for both slots, i'd just do it and enjoy the process, for example 6 presses from TOV: <SNB#2><DOWN><SNB#3><DOWN><DOWN><ENTER> and be all set in TOV
    Correct, the way the charger works now you would need 6 button presses to get to your program. Remember that while holding the <UP> or <DOWN> pressed for more than 0.5s it starts to cycle fast through the programs, and you would get to program 13 in 2 secs. No need to repeatedly press 13 times.The way im suggesting you would need only 1 press, or posibly 2-3 to correct if you undershoot/overshoot, and all this from the comfort of TOV without going through menus.

why not start with [15] or [23] one may argue?
    While holding the <UP> or <DOWN> for more than 0.5 secs and fast scroling starts, you can get from 1 to 30 in 2 secs.

con's:
    - always starts with the same number, e.g. [01], no matter 'how far/close' the target program is from the current number
    - Like i said, this poses no real issue as with the fast scrolling you get to your wanted program very fast

- why [01] to start with? seems arbitrary; either way in the general case there will be lots of <UP>-pressings involved, up to 15-16 or so
    Youre listing same cons twice, so ill answer twice . no real issue as with the fast scrolling you get to your wanted program very fast with 1 button press(possibly few more to correct if you overshoot undershoot)

-- loss of DDV whenever 1 slot is or has become -no matter how it got there- a ready slot. basically forces the user to, for example, remove all ready slot batteries in order to be able to view DDV of the say neighboring finished slots. interesting, but me not likey. that's what we could regard as 'clashing'
    Imo DDV(thats the one with the sys temp and voltage curve right?) has very little useful info. Either way i cant think of a situation where there would be a ready slot on the charger just sitting like that.If a slot is in the ready state(blinking red+green) it means we just put in a new battery that is intended for charging and would be started(changed to busy) right away.Only other situation i can think of that slot becomes ready is in case of power outage, but again, then we would resume all programs straight away and all slots become busy and we should have no problem accessing DDV. I dont see myself or anyone else putting in a battery in a slot, slot becoming ready, and going "wtf, why cant i access my DDV, stupid charger" :P. Its only natural to start charging the battery straight away if put inside the charger, so no problems with accessing DDV after that.
    Remind me what other situation would a slot become ready and we would be unable to use DDV? cant think of any other.

- while incrementing the number, one doesn't know what's behind the number, as opposed to incrementing in SPV; this means that one needs to know by heart in advance which number is the target, as opposed to which program: it is easier to memorize "i have saved my LiIon standard charge program in <UP+SNB#1>" than to memorize "i have saved my LiIon standard charge program in [23]"; i am not good (any longer) at memorizing numbers, i still don't know my own cell phone number other than by 1800SAFEWAY technique.
    TOV Already displays the battery type and charging current behind the chosen program number, so if you cant remember by program name that other info will help out. Of course you would always have SPV at your disposal too if you prefer it.

- drags other ready slots along, even if not wanted/intended.
    Cant see what kind of problem this poses... If you want to charge say 2 different batteries, you insert 1 and choose program, then you insert 2 and choose program.While on the other hand this makes charging 2-4 batteries of same kind way way more faster to set up than current implementation

ah you meant SPV, not SOV, okok i get you.
    this topic was already discussed at the design stage and decided upon to everyone's satisfaction and conviction back then. the left nav button is an UP-button (not a MINUS or PLUS button), the light nav button is a DOWN-button (not a MINUS or PLUS button). think of the following: once you have pressed ENTER on a program number in SPV, the first highlighted option is BATT TYPE:LiIon. It is very comfortable now to navigate the option list from top to bottom single-handedly with 2 fingers on the lower right buttons: the DOWN- and the ENTER-button. How else would you go thru the list of program options? Hardly with the 2nd button and the 4th button (counted from the left). I get your point, though. Instead of "DOWN"-meaning, you'd prefer to assign "PLUS/INCREASE"-meaning to the 3rd button, which would lead to the original effect, namley going down thru the list, as in "increasing the position number in the list (w/ bottom option=highest number)". During programming in SPV the 3rd button should effect "going down" (or "going forward"), as before, right? Then which symbol should be printed on this button? Currently, a DOWN-symbol is printed on it, makes perfect sense, no need to think what i means, what i effects. This symbol cannot hold anymore imho, if the button is to mean "PLUS/INCREASE"; but you cannot use the UP-symbol (=INCREASE symbol) either, because this is NOT intuitive ('pressing on UP-symbol button and the cursor on LCD goes down?? no way!'). What about the "PLUS"-symbol to be printed on the 3rd button? Better but not optimal either: why would the cursor go down, if i pressed a PLUS-button? one argues 'because plus means progressing in the list and since the list goes from top to bottom, you'll progress down!' while the other one argues 'plus means increase and increasing means more/bigger/higher, so the cursor should go up'. Your idea introduces potential for confusion. The current implementation of button meaning and button labeling has zero potential for confusion and is even more intuitive, we can agree to disagree: with program numbers, the UP-printed button means going from [25] to [26], and with program option, the UP-printed button means moving the highlighted line 1 line up or scrolling upwards to the top of SPV.
    Yep mixed my apples and oranges, should have said SPV .
    If the charger was at a production stage and i would have to decide, then i would name the buttons back and forward, with images of arrows left and right instead of up and down.
    Either way it can work with this button config too, no need for changing anything.Just re-imagine the programs choosing menu in SPV.
    At current state all menus work from top to bottom and up/down buttons make sense and feel in correct positions , except for SPV, there it feels like it is reversed.
    Not a verry big deal to be honest as it is a matter of getting used to like you said, but i still make mistaken presses even after a year of owning it , and sometimes it gets annoying.

Guys doesnt anyone else mix up and down while choosing program for the slot in SPV? Cmon now, i cant be the only one

If everyone were happy enough with {Off|1|2|…|15|16} for System Beep, then i could pitch that, sure np. Won't make it into FW1.12 though, too late.
    Yes it will be good. Now we have ON or OFF.
    With the new programming it will avoid me to put a resistor on the buzzer.🙂
    Sorry for my english. Acebeam k70, Armytek Predator -Dobermann Pro V3 XP-L HI and XHP35, Barracuda Pro V2 XP-L HI, Tiara A1 Pro V2 and C1 Pro V2, Wizard Pro V3 XHP50 and XPL, Partner C4 Pro v3 XHP35, Nitecore TM26, TM16GT, MH20, P12GT, SKYRC MC-3000..+++

Guys doesnt anyone else mix up and down while choosing program for the slot in SPV? Cmon now, i cant be the only one
    The interface is very easy to use for myself as it is now. I try to figure out your propositions but I am very confused. One way or another, if there are changes, I'll learn them.🙂

I have received my second charger from Gearbest thursday after 20 days. I also received my upper case for my first one monday.

It seems that the new charger has the "new case" with tougher plastic pins. I have not opened it to confirm it. The charger was at version 1.10. I have updated it in a minute to 1.11 with the EXE file without hassle on Windows Pro 7 64 bits.

I plan to cut the fan griddle like my other charger. The temperature difference between the two( fan up) is around 11-12 celsius when discharged 4 18350 at 0.65A. I did not think that the griddle would make such a big difference.

i have saved my LiIon standard charge program in <UP+SNB#1>" than to memorize "i have saved my LiIon standard charge program in [23]"; i am not good (any longer) at memorizing numbers, i still don't know my own cell phone number other than by 1800SAFEWAY technique.
    Forgot to add one more thing to this.
    If you have trouble remembering the programs, you can always put your favorite in program 1-4 and you basicaly get the same functionality as <UP+SNB>. This way <UP+SNB> becomes somewhat obsolete, and we have a free button combination for future ideas .

The interface is very easy to use for myself as it is now. I try to figure out your propositions but I am very confused. One way or another, if there are changes, I'll learn them.
    I feel you, with all this spv pov dps dpp talk, i also need to reread sometimes for 3 times
    I was partly talking about the way up /down buttons function, it would be a nice change but its not that big of a deal.
    The more technical and the more important proposition that were discussing, to put it simply, is that when you insert a battery in the slot you change programs straight away with up/down button.

Default SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

I have received my second charger from Gearbest thursday after 20 days. I also received my upper case for my first one monday.

It seems that the new charger has the "new case" with tougher plastic pins. I have not opened it to confirm it. The charger was at version 1.10. I have updated it in a minute to 1.11 with the EXE file without hassle on Windows Pro 7 64 bits.

I plan to cut the fan griddle like my other charger. The temperature difference between the two( fan up) is around 11-12 celsius when discharged 4 18350 at 0.65A. I did not think that the griddle would make such a big difference.
    The new charger has the new case with tougher pins. I have just removed the griddle as my other charger.

I will see if they run at the same temperature.

Heres another suggestion that would have the similar result as previous one, but i guess it would be easier to implement...

When you insert a battery, you automaticaly go to SPV for that slot by default, or even better add an option to choose whether it stays on main screen or goes to SPV.

Now for making assigning same program to 2 or more slots easier, every click counts :P
    Currently when in SPV pressing the slot buttons do nothing, so... when you choose a program to your liking if you want it assigned to slot 1 you press only button 1, if you want it assigned to slot 1 and 2 you press buttons 1 and 2 at the same time etc. This would be ideal IMO
    If its hard to do then maybe add an option to choose the default behavior "save to:slot" or "save to:slots" . So when program is chosen with up/down and enter longpressed it would assign the program to all populated slots. This way if one needs to charge 4x same type it would be done in an instant. And if say 2 x 18350 + 2 x 18650 , then you insert the first 2, choose program, then do the same for second 2

What do you think about this?

So when program is chosen with up/down and enter longpressed it would assign the program to all populated slots. This way if one needs to charge 4x same type it would be done in an instant. And if say 2 x 18350 + 2 x 18650 , then you insert the first 2, choose program, then do the same for second 2

What do you think about this?
    I vote for that one

Flashaholic*

Did you check that the fans are spinning in the same direction?

Quote Originally Posted by StandardBattery View Post
    Did you check that the fans are spinning in the same direction?
    Yes, from down to up.

Flashaholic*

.... .... So when program is chosen with up/down and enter longpressed it would assign the program to all populated slots. This way if one needs to charge 4x same type it would be done in an instant. And if say 2 x 18350 + 2 x 18650 , then you insert the first 2, choose program, then do the same for second 2
    I vote for that one
    +1

back to good old BC700 days when it was easy to set the rate for all slots if you wanted that (the most common) yet still easy to have individual control. Makes perfect sense, I hate chargers that one must set each slot independently each time if they want to change something.

Flashaholic*

Yes, from down to up.
    Hopefully they didn't reduce the RPM to reduce the noise. That would be a great find if your mod reduces the temperature by such a large amount. I wish they would have done the backend as a large heatsink like a hobby charger.

Default SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

When I have removed the griddle and reversed the fan in march, I expected a temperature around 70 Celsius but my charger not exceeded 60 in a room at 21 Celsius when discharching 4 18650 at 1A. I have never check it since I have received my new one.

When you insert a battery, you automaticaly go to SPV for that slot by default, or even better add an option to choose whether it stays on main screen or goes to SPV.
    Automatically landing in SPV for that slot (by default or by option), no. It was like that before in FW0.9x, i've been there, and the experience was horrible and went against everything which the current clean UI experience stands for. TOV is the main view and when a new battery is inserted, there is no way that an automatic switching of the view will be allowed again (guess by whom ). makers need to take decisions so that the process can progress. that one's definitely off the table, sorry. moving forward
    Currently when in SPV pressing the slot buttons do nothing, so... when you choose a program to your liking if you want it assigned to slot 1 you press only button 1, if you want it assigned to slot 1 and 2 you press buttons 1 and 2 at the same time etc. This would be ideal IMO
    i don't get it.
    And btw pressing SNB's in SPV does something important: switching to the new slot and saving the current program number in the old slot.
    If its hard to do then maybe add an option to choose the default behavior "save to:slot" or "save to:slots" . So when program is chosen with up/down and enter longpressed it would assign the program to all populated slots. This way if one needs to charge 4x same type it would be done in an instant. And if say 2 x 18350 + 2 x 18650 , then you insert the first 2, choose program, then do the same for second 2
    "add an option"? you mean adding another option in GSV just for this purpose? You want to let the user choose in GSV what the default behavior of SAVE TO in SPV will be? Hmm. And the motivation for this is to save 4 button presses, <ENTER> versus <ENTER><DOWN><ENTER><UP><ENTER>, is that it?
    If so, what would your concrete suggestions be for the option name in GSV and its parameter names? Lemme hear hear tia

@gyzmo2002,
    congrats to the acquisition of the June build sourced from Gearbest!
    two mc3000's, really?? you must be liking the product quite a bit i guess?

Page 131 of 161 FirstFirst ... 3181121124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138141 ... LastLast