HDS Systems        
Page 132 of 161 FirstFirst ... 3282122125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139142 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,960 of 4819

Thread: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 / CES 2016 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Thankyou

Quote Originally Posted by kreisl View Post
    i can list the changes in this post, English manual, geman accordingly:

m05: 3.85 was replaced with 4.08
    m14: Dummy text was added
    m15: HW Version text was substituted
    m16: Soft Charge text was added
    m18: a new list item was added
    m24: the word depressing was substituted for pressing
    m27: the word depressing was substituted for pressing
    cover page: numbers like date and version were updated

EagTac M25C2 Turbo_VN_XPG2-PDTc version; SureFire UB3T Invictus; Nitecore SRT7; TrustFire X6; LumaPower MVP (3xCree) , Sunwayman V11R; 4Sevens Quark AA Tactical; Nitecore DI (R2, GDP, Q5); LiteFlux LF2XT-R2;

Default SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Regarding the difference of temp between my two chargers. After removing the griddle of the new one, when discharging 4 18650 at 1 A, fan set to 50 celsius, the max temp is 77.7 celsius and stable after 20 minutes. My old one, 64 celsius. It seems that the temp of my old one is not accurate. I will put some thermal paste on the system probe to see what is gonna happen when I will disassembled it to change the top case.

The important thing is the temp should not go higher than 85 celsius to prevent the charger to decrease the discharge rates. It is stable to 77.7 after 30 minutes. Everything is ok.

Edit: After removing the griddle, the fan is more quiet. The fan of my new one had a spinning sound that was a little annoying compared to my old one.

Edit 2: room temp 22 celsius

Last edited by gyzmo2002; 10-22-2016 at 06:00 PM.
    Sorry for my english. Acebeam k70, Armytek Predator -Dobermann Pro V3 XP-L HI and XHP35, Barracuda Pro V2 XP-L HI, Tiara A1 Pro V2 and C1 Pro V2, Wizard Pro V3 XHP50 and XPL, Partner C4 Pro v3 XHP35, Nitecore TM26, TM16GT, MH20, P12GT, SKYRC MC-3000..+++

Default SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

@gyzmo2002,
    congrats to the acquisition of the June build sourced from Gearbest!
    two mc3000's, really?? you must be liking the product quite a bit i guess?
    Thanks! When I will have the time, I will disassembled my old one to change the case. I wilI take the time to polish the Copper color slides. I have a backup now so I'm less nervous...

Could you remind me what is the best stuff to do it? I will try to find it near me or I will buy it from Amazon.

I really like this charger. I'm far to be a pro but I use it in advanced mode since day 1. I learn a lot about recharging batteries and the charger is a good way to do it. It is easy to use too. No batteries explosions since I use it lolll.🤓
    Last edited by gyzmo2002; 10-22-2016 at 05:53 PM.
    Sorry for my english. Acebeam k70, Armytek Predator -Dobermann Pro V3 XP-L HI and XHP35, Barracuda Pro V2 XP-L HI, Tiara A1 Pro V2 and C1 Pro V2, Wizard Pro V3 XHP50 and XPL, Partner C4 Pro v3 XHP35, Nitecore TM26, TM16GT, MH20, P12GT, SKYRC MC-3000..+++

Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

i have no idea about polishing, i never did that.

the only thing which i did was cleaning the rails and rounding off the sharp edges of the sliders.

yeah and maybe also cleaning the PCB, making it super shiny hh

good luck with swapping the upper case.

with patience and care you can do it!!

Deoxit D5 contact cleaner🤔

*crap*

My MC3000 just fell on the floor with the USB-cable attached... result: the micro-USB connector broke off. Well, there goes my warranty... and as it's very fine soldering, I have no chance in hell of fixing it.

Guess I'll have to buy a new one...

Quote Originally Posted by Wild4fire View Post
    Guess I'll have to buy a new one...
    OMG.

Does the charger work apart from the broken USB-cable, got some photos to share?

With fresh 90 bucks you could try the XTAR VP4 PLUS DRAGON this time. Has no micro USB port, hence can't break.

Sorry to hear!

Flashaholic*

With fresh 90 bucks you could try the XTAR VP4 PLUS DRAGON this time. Has no micro USB port, hence can't break.

That's supposed to be funny right?

OMG.

Does the charger work apart from the broken USB-cable, got some photos to share?

Sorry to hear!
    It seemed to work just fine otherwise. Unfortunately, one of the reasons I bought this charger is the PC connectivity...

I threw the charger away. I didn't even manage to put it back together anymore after I disassembled it, so I just thought "to hell with it". A new one has been ordered and should be here by Tuesday or Wednesday. I'll be taking care of the new one like it's a baby. I'll guard it with my life!

Flashaholic*

Go wireless.... of course that may need a firmware upgrade for complete functionality, but what else interesting does SkyRC have to work on.

Quote Originally Posted by StandardBattery View Post
    Go wireless.... of course that may need a firmware upgrade for complete functionality, but what else interesting does SkyRC have to work on.
    Wireless PC connectivity, now that would really be great! I suppose if they were to do that, it would be using Bluetooth but I'd much prefer WiFi and have it connect through my home network.

However, such a charger doesn't exist yet so I'll have to 'make do' with the MC3000.

WiFi capability was built in 2013 mc3k prototypes and the charger still had to make use of the external WiFi module. i have that module and didn't really test it since the newer Bluetooth communication took its place.

Last edited by kreisl; 10-23-2016 at 12:19 PM.

Flashaholic*

Wireless PC connectivity, now that would really be great! I suppose if they were to do that, it would be using Bluetooth but I'd much prefer WiFi and have it connect through my home network.

However, such a charger doesn't exist yet so I'll have to 'make do' with the MC3000.
    Adding a little bluetooth dongle to the PC would be easy, and much preferred to the 90s style of cables connecting everything. Yes it is too bad they didn't get WiFi in there I'm sure I mentioned it in the past because of the really crappy Bluetooth that the NC2500 had. Hopefully they will get the bugs out of this one and sell enough that they feel like a real upgrade product that is an evolution so they don't have to start from scratch. We need more Vappers to buy it as i feel there are not enough flashlight crazies to do it.

Adding a little bluetooth dongle to the PC would be easy, and much preferred to the 90s style of cables connecting everything. Yes it is too bad they didn't get WiFi in there I'm sure I mentioned it in the past because of the really crappy Bluetooth that the NC2500 had. Hopefully they will get the bugs out of this one and sell enough that they feel like a real upgrade product that is an evolution so they don't have to start from scratch. We need more Vappers to buy it as i feel there are not enough flashlight crazies to do it.
    Indeed

By the way, it seems like the replacement MC3000 I ordered (due to me killing the other one) won't cost me anything after all. It is covered under my all-risk home insurance. They cover any damage, even if I'm the one who caused it.

Many credit card have this type of protection.

Flashaholic*

Indeed

By the way, it seems like the replacement MC3000 I ordered (due to me killing the other one) won't cost me anything after all. It is covered under my all-risk home insurance. They cover any damage, even if I'm the one who caused it.
    Now that has to make you smile.

Now that has to make you smile.
    It did

The new charger has already been ordered and should be here by Tuesday. Good news, as a cheap flashlight from BangGood is coming in this week and I have a Li-Ion battery I need to put through the MC3000 for it.

Hi I have the same problem again I have a MC3000 but don't change my Li-Ion battery because the volt is very low 1.5.

There is any way to force this charge?.

Regards!

Quote Originally Posted by ediaz View Post
    Hi I have the same problem again I have a MC3000 but don't change my Li-Ion battery because the volt is very low 1.5.

There is any way to force this charge?.

Regards!
    Keep the slotbutton pressed to pump some energy into the discharged LiIons.

i feel challenged
    Last edited by kreisl; 10-25-2016 at 05:58 AM.

i feel challenged
    Stick with it kreisl - we love you and the MC3000.
    EagTac M25C2 Turbo_VN_XPG2-PDTc version; SureFire UB3T Invictus; Nitecore SRT7; TrustFire X6; LumaPower MVP (3xCree) , Sunwayman V11R; 4Sevens Quark AA Tactical; Nitecore DI (R2, GDP, Q5); LiteFlux LF2XT-R2;

Duplicate post - sorry.

I have just done a stripdown, slider de-grease, gentle sanding of the contacts, De-Oxit treatment and fan grille mod to my second unit and adding a little thermal paste to the battery temp sensors while I was in there. It was much easier than the first unit. Well worth doing as the white grease was a real dust and fluff magnet and has no real place in there.

While I was working I noted that it was REALLY easy to lever the plastic posts when removing or refitting the PCB. I knew not to of course but it took 100% concentration to move that PCB or fit the springs without stressing the posts. I still feel that the unit does not have a design weakness as such, but during assembly or transit the posts were being stressed sideways. When they are cracked, they will hold for a bit then let go, but if they are not cracked I can't see them breaking in use. Just a thought. Its good that they have strengthened them though - makes it less for them to break.

I personally think two units is perfect as I can charge 4 D cells or 8 AA's and be ready in an hour or so - no messing!

The more I use these units the more respect I have for them as they seem to do whatever I need - even dumb trickle 80mA charging for the '15 minute' Varta AAA's that cause problems when not used in the Varta charger (shows as continuity break when nearly full when charged at 0.5C). It has also saved some completely dead old Uniross AA's from 12 years ago that are now powering my DAB radio perfectly and holding 85% of their quoted 2500mAh.
    Last edited by Minimoog; 10-26-2016 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by STIXXXXX View Post
    Keep the slotbutton pressed to pump some energy into the discharged LiIons.
    Thanks @7histology, hhh.

The slot number button pressing method however works only when TOV shows NO BATTERY for the slot. When TOV shows 1.50V and you long-press the SNB, the program in that slot will start. As we know it's an alternative way of starting a program.

@Minimoog, you too have a 2nd unit now? Wow you guys!!
    The continuity break happens as a security measure when the load voltage becomes too high w/ high charging current on a high resistance cell.
    Last edited by kreisl; 10-26-2016 at 03:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Minimoog View Post
    I personally think two units is perfect as I can charge 4 D cells or 8 AA's and be ready
    My reasons for having two of them too - plus concern that my early unit might develop the broken pin issue - and having to have the latest 'June Production' version with all issues fixed.

Automatically landing in SPV for that slot (by default or by option), no. It was like that before in FW0.9x, i've been there, and the experience was horrible and went against everything which the current clean UI experience stands for. TOV is the main view and when a new battery is inserted, there is no way that an automatic switching of the view will be allowed again (guess by whom ). makers need to take decisions so that the process can progress. that one's definitely off the table, sorry. moving forward
    I understand making the decision for not making landing in SPV default.
    But not even giving an option to choose how one prefers for it to work? Thats like saying "you dont know whats best for you" to the user base and potential customers.
    Ease and speed of use will always have more weight in a product like a charger that doesnt need to look pretty but do its job, at least i see it that way. After all you will be returned to TOV after starting the program , right.
    Click saved here and a click saved there, and you have the most streamlined experience without mashing those buttons and feeling like youre in the arcade

i don't get it.
    And btw pressing SNB's in SPV does something important: switching to the new slot and saving the current program number in the old slot.
    Longpress doesnt do anything at the moment though.

"add an option"? you mean adding another option in GSV just for this purpose? You want to let the user choose in GSV what the default behavior of SAVE TO in SPV will be? Hmm. And the motivation for this is to save 4 button presses, <ENTER> versus <ENTER><DOWN><ENTER><UP><ENTER>, is that it?
    If so, what would your concrete suggestions be for the option name in GSV and its parameter names? Lemme hear hear tia
    Given that display is limited to 18 characters, so it is the same name as in SPV for easier understanding it can be named "SAVE TO:" with variations "SLOT", "ALL SLOTS" and "POPULATED"(or possibly READY).

Quote Originally Posted by DeJaVu View Post
    I understand making the decision for not making landing in SPV default.
    But not even giving an option to choose how one prefers for it to work? Thats like saying "you dont know whats best for you" to the user base and potential customers.
    Ease and speed of use will always have more weight in a product like a charger that doesnt need to look pretty but do its job, at least i see it that way. After all you will be returned to TOV after starting the program , right.
    No.
    no no no.
    Not gonna happen. Not even giving an option here. Sorry.
    As mentioned, i've been there, the team has been there, and in the end the idea turned out §$%&! and disposed of good riddance. We can discuss and consider new ideas which are unprecedented and spontaneously great. That one was an old idea and not great and was even tested hard. I've listed it for our records.
    Given that display is limited to 18 characters, so it is the same name as in SPV for easier understanding it can be named "SAVE TO:" with variations "SLOT", "ALL SLOTS" and "POPULATED"(or possibly READY).
    Workable and effective idea thanks! Very easy to grasp, seems like a small thing to us but in practice involves multiple changes in code sections of GSV and SPV and increases the complexity of testing and debugging. I could try to submit it but it's likely to idle on their to-do list until after FW1.12 has been released. I am confident that we will get this function sometime in near future, hence i've listed it under (k#82).

Is it possible to charge an li-ion LIR2025 coin cell at 10ma or is 100ma the lowest the MC3000 can go.

Thanks

John.
    SkyRC MC3000 - Maha C9000 - LaCrosse BC-900 - Floureon BT-C3100 V2.2 - Accumanger 10 and 20 -Thunder AC6
    LiitoKala Lii-100 - Cozypony 24W Solar Panel - Soshine H4 - Soshine T2 - Soshine E4S

the present firmware allows the initial current to be as low as 0.05A.
    LIR2025 are not listed in the specs.
    nor is LTO.

thanks

kresil

Tell me, please: is it normal when I insert Panasonic NCR18650B to SkyRC MC-3000 it does not have contact with charger and the charger shows " no battery", but if I put battery more upward, the contact appears and the voltage is showing on display, but the battery does not have contact with temperature sensor.

Page 132 of 161 FirstFirst ... 3282122125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139142 ... LastLast