DealExtreme        
Page 134 of 161 FirstFirst ... 3484124127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141144 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,020 of 4819

Thread: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

I have just flashed the 1.12 firmware, and now when screensaver runs, the annoying beeps are permanent (even with "System Beep" and "Key Beep" to off)
    The only solution to set the screensaver to off.
    I wonder who would like to have sounds when charger is idle

I also updated on Win 10 x64 without any problems!

Quote Originally Posted by Sargaso View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by StandardBattery View Post
    For some people.
    What went wrong?
    It means that even though some Win10 people are successful with the upgrading procedure, it is not the approved way because other Win10 people run into problems during the procedure. Using WinXP for the procedure is less prone to encountering problems during the procedure. Congrats to the successful Win10 people, lucky them
    Quote Originally Posted by taxtax View Post
    I have just flashed the 1.12 firmware, and now when screensaver runs, the annoying beeps
    omg, true that. i find this newly introduced behavior surprising and amusing hh thanks for the finding, appreciated. i'll ask if it's a bug or a feature (k#83)
    Quote Originally Posted by maukka View Post
    Today one of the plastic posts broke on my "first batch" MC3000.
    do you resent or can you forgive?

Unenlightened

For the benefit of those who have been asking where to obtain the newest version, chargers from the June production run are for sale by DC Workshop on Amazon. Prior to ordering I sent a query to DC Workshop, and the response was that they had received their inventory on Nov. 1, direct from SkyRC. The charger I received has the label recess on the bottom, and firmware 1.10, hardware 1.4+.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by CLB View Post
    For the benefit of those who have been asking where to obtain the newest version, chargers from the June production run are for sale by DC Workshop on Amazon. Prior to ordering I sent a query to DC Workshop, and the response was that they had received their inventory on Nov. 1, direct from SkyRC. The charger I received has the label recess on the bottom, and firmware 1.10, hardware 1.4+.
    Good to know. Thanks!

Maybe now it will live up to it's billing "The World's Most Joyful Round Battery Charger .... tailored to a sweet battery tray ....."

Who can write crap like that

Chinese company man.

Hello everyone, my first post with one small problem.

MC3000 Monitor V1.02 will not change the settings on the charger with FW version 1.12, still remains the setting (default Lion) even when the slots NiCd. Returning to the FW V1.11 everything is working properly. After FW update from V1.11 to 1.12 done the factory reset, and then the error remained. Sorry for my English, I hope that we can understand.

Quote Originally Posted by kreisl View Post
    You could try BATT TYPE: RAM
    Good idea. I unlocked the RAM chemistry and tested it. It is almost what I wanted, but not exactly. From what I see the RAM algorithm charges the cell for 7 seconds, then rests for 3 sec, charges for 7 sec, rests for 3 sec, etc. I think this is MC3000's implementation of "pulse" charging. For my tests I will just consider it PWM with 70% duty cycle (unfortunately this lowers my intended 3.0A to 2.1A)

Originally, using 3.0A-1.50V CC-CV algorithm with 300mA cut-off, I wanted to find out
    - how long it takes for AA NiMH cells to charge (and how the time depends on cell's internal resistance)
    - the cell would likely end up undercharged compared to 0dV baseline (but how much, 80%, 85%, 90%, 95%, 98%?)
    - how hot the cell gets during charging

I think I will just run some tests with 3.0A setting and consider it 2.1A. I wish the NiZn type had lower limits so I could use it for my 3.0A NiMH tests :-)
    Last edited by AA Cycler; 11-18-2016 at 05:19 AM.
    Cycle count tests of AA batteries - http://aacycler.com

Quote Originally Posted by AA Cycler View Post
    Good idea. I unlocked the RAM chemistry and tested it. It is almost what I wanted, but not exactly. From what I see the RAM algorithm charges the cell for 7 seconds, then rests for 3 sec, charges for 7 sec, rests for 3 sec, etc. I think this is MC3000's implementation of "pulse" charging. For my tests I will just consider it PWM with 70% duty cycle (unfortunately this lowers my intended 3.0A to 2.1A)

Originally, using 3.0A-1.50V CC-CV algorithm with 300mA cut-off, I wanted to find out
    - how long it takes for AA NiMH cells to charge (and how the time depends on cell's internal resistance)
    - the cell would likely end up undercharged compared to 0dV baseline (but how much, 80%, 85%, 90%, 95%, 98%?)
    - how hot the cell gets during charging

I think I will just run some tests with 3.0A setting and consider it 2.1A. I wish the NiZn type had lower limits so I could use it for my 3.0A NiMH tests :-)
    How about making your own rig using a battery holder and bench PSU? You could set to CV mode and set to 1.5 and wait until current dropped to near zero.

Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 / CES 2016 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

A reminder for those flashing v1.12 not to freak out if it doesn't work the first time.
    Just follow this guide.

Quote Originally Posted by tjh View Post
    Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dummies guide to reflash a charger after a failed flash:

Step 0: Also, if you are using windows 10 make sure that you are up to date. You must be on build 1511. (Thanks to MarioJP)
    Step 1: Get a better USB Cable
    Step 2: Remove all and any USB devices/cables from your PC.
    Step 3: Ensure no ports are in USB3 mode. Turn that off in your BIOS if you have to. Don't ask me how to do this.
    Step 4: Remove all cables from the charger
    Step 5: Holding the Enter Key on the charger, plug in the Power. IT WILL POWER UP TO A BLANK SCREEN. THIS IS EXPECTED.
    Step 6: Plug in the known-good USB cable into the charger, then into your PC.
    Step 7: Run the UpgradeFirmware_MC3000_V11.exe program. Ensure it says "My Device was Found" then probably it'll say "Some data was send". It should also show "Boot Version: 1.x" where x is probably 1.
    Step 8: Click the update button again.

If Step 7 is failing (can't see your charger) then either:
    1) You have managed to damange the built-in boot code of the charger. Almost impossible.
    2) You have a bad PC/USB Cable/Windows install. Try another one. Borrow a friends PC.

The boot code that runs when you press Enter is hard coded. So it should always be possible to unbrick the charger by pressing enter when power is plugged in. The blank screen you get is expected, the charger is booting a very small "Boot Loader" and nothing else. This boot loader has nothing to do with the version of firmware your charger is/was running. It's burnt onto the EEPROM of the charger.

Hope this helps.

i've found a youtube which demonstrates re-assembly of old charger unit, not June production version :

https://www.youtube.com/results?sp=CAI%253D&q=mc3000

I have a Windows 10, 64 bit system. My MC3000 is an old unit from december 2015 (FW 1.02)
    I have previously tried unsuccessfully to opradere to FW 1.11
    So I was not that optimistic when I just tried to upgrade to the new fw 1.12, but surprisingly it went well

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilije View Post

MC3000 Monitor V1.02 will not change the settings on the charger with FW version 1.12, still remains the setting (default Lion) even when the slots NiCd. Returning to the FW V1.11 everything is working properly. After FW update from V1.11 to 1.12 done the factory reset, and then the error remained. Sorry for my English, I hope that we can understand.
    Welcome to to CPF.

Good to know that you could actually go back to 1.11. You may have reported the first bug in 1.12 or made the first reason why the monitor needs to be updated.

Welcome to to CPF.

Good to know that you could actually go back to 1.11. You may have reported the first bug in 1.12 or made the first reason why the monitor needs to be updated.
    Thank you. Option missing in MC3000 Monitor has the ability to change the size of the working window. Thus it becomes almost impossible (or at least not practical) to use it on most laptops that do not have high-resolution panels.

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by CLB View Post
    Thank you very much. Been watching this charger for a while and decided to get one now (from DC/Amazon) based on this info. It arrived today and I'm happily tinkering. Firmware is updated, charging my first cells, watching on my pc. Frigging awesome, just what I wanted.

I'm reading through this entire thread (working on it!) but I'm wondering if there's a cheat sheet to getting DEX working. Yes, I will lmgtfy as well. Just wondering if there's something that will help me get it logging with the charger making all those pretty graphs <g>.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by lmcmann View Post
    Yes, I will lmgtfy as well.
    lol. someone read the manual

installation of DEX: for installing DEX, there's a troubleshooting section. in summary it says that you need to download and install the latest JRE (Jara Runtime Environment) from the original Oracle site:
    https://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

configuration of DEX: Then when you go thru the settings of DEX, you'd find "MC3000" in the dex device settings where you can activate the support of the mc3k. Then restart DEX.

Is it just me, or does v1.12 beep for the screensaver (and other functions) regardless of the key beep/system beep (both of which I have set to off)

This is very annoying in the environment I work in, what a silly/stupid bug.

Can anyone else confirm I'm not going crazy?

May I ask what the core changes are with the 1.12 update? Worth updating from the previous version? I'm sure it has been gone over but I must have missed it despite checking in here regularly. Thanks for any input.

Quote Originally Posted by Minimoog View Post
    May I ask what the core changes are with the 1.12 update? Worth updating from the previous version? I'm sure it has been gone over but I must have missed it despite checking in here regularly. Thanks for any input.
    SkyRC explain it here

Brilliant! Thanks for that.

almost impossible (or at least not practical) to use it on most laptops that do not have high-resolution
    Hi, yes i can confirm that FW1.12 has a compatibility issue with PCLS1.02. I've reported your observation and we should see a bug fix in PCLS1.03 hopefully later this year, or at least before CNY.
    Can anyone else confirm I'm not going crazy?
    Please don't go crazy, the bug was newly introduced in FW1.12 and has been listed under (k#83). Maybe Sky will release a silent update or rename the updated exe to 1.13.

Not until today did i submit (k#82). Hence there is no word out yet, when (or if) we're gonna see it implemented in a new firmware.

Hi, yes i can confirm that FW1.12 has a compatibility issue with PCLS1.02. I've reported your observation and we should see a bug fix in PCLS1.03 hopefully later this year, or at least before CNY.

Please don't go crazy, the bug was newly introduced in FW1.12 and has been listed under (k#83). Maybe Sky will release a silent update or rename the updated exe to 1.13.

Not until today did i submit (k#82). Hence there is no word out yet, when (or if) we're gonna see it implemented in a new firmware.
    Thanks kreisl.
    I'm glad SkyRC easily allow downgrade, I've rolled back to v1.11 for the moment until these two clangers are sorted.

Good to know. Thanks!

Maybe now it will live up to it's billing "The World's Most Joyful Round Battery Charger .... tailored to a sweet battery tray ....."

Who can write crap like that
    I really wanted to get the most joy out of this charger. I would give it another chance but it's $120 at Amazon. And i noticed the price keeps fluctuating quite often. i don't know what is going on with that. I really hope the June production is finally fixed because it is expensive.

I think now they've worked out all the bugs (both with the hardware and software) they've put the price up.
    Us who got it for ~80 at first have helped find all the issues and problems with the unit.
    I'm happy with it - I've done the fan mod and the software is upgradeable. I guess oneday the pegs will break, I should probably buy a $20 replacement part now while they're still available, just for future proofing.

I think now they've worked out all the bugs (both with the hardware and software) they've put the price up.
    Us who got it for ~80 at first have helped find all the issues and problems with the unit.
    I'm happy with it - I've done the fan mod and the software is upgradeable. I guess oneday the pegs will break, I should probably buy a $20 replacement part now while they're still available, just for future proofing.
    If i could get the part other than Gearbest. I would order it. Gearbest and the US don't seem to coexist.

i've found a youtube which demonstrates re-assembly of old charger unit, not June production version :

https://www.youtube.com/results?sp=CAI%253D&q=mc3000

Dinoboy for the oscars !

Enlightened

I just purchased the charger and was upgrading directly to v1.12
    I came here since I have issues with the software and it seems so whether I am not the only one.
    MC3000 Monitor v1.02 seemed to be useless with the charger
    It always tried to charge the NiMh as LiIon.So I will try to downgrade later.

I have still other issues.
    When I tried to refresh (C>D>C) some older cells the MC3000 stopped first charging due to reaching the capacity limit (it was set to 2000).
    But it never started discharging.
    Do I expect too much or is this a bug?

Android App:
    Is there a way to see the charged/discharged energy (and not only the capacity)?
    Am I the only one who clicks with his fat fingers sometimes instead of the 'option' button on the 'stop all' button and all jobs stop suddenly? This annoys me so much and I can start all jobs again. What a waste of time.
    Wouldn't it be better to get an 'Are you sure?' dialog before stopping?
    There are small red buttons for each of the 4 slots. It seems so whether i can click on it - but nothing happens. Is this normal or do I miss something?

Off-topic: Is the forum a re-design? Since my old account from 5-6 years ago didn't work anymore.

Hello DT123, yes when sending NiMH to device, the device doesn't adopt it. I have confirmed this <PCLS1.02-FW1.12>-bug, let's expect PCLS1.03 in future. Personally i use DEX with its new Backup/Restore feature which makes PCLS obsolete imho.

When a capacity limit is hit, the program finishes at that point (RED led turns GREEN) yes that's correct this way. The capacity limit is an upper bound; operation of the program must always be within the bound, otherwise the slot "stops" the program. Technically it is not stopping but finishing, see glossary. The charger is designed that way in the so-called Design Spec, so it cannot be regarded as "issue" but as "intended". You can check with any other premium-brand hobby charger on the market, they're all designed that same way. The capacity limit is to terminate the program once hit. It is a safety measure. Feel free to turn it OFF.

No there is no way to see the energies in the Android App. At least not in the current app version. If you'd like to see energies in the Android App, you could send in such a feature request and you'd definitely hear back on it from sky team.
    Accidental wrong presses in the app and the lack of 'Are you sure?'-dialog, I see
    It is correct that some of the buttons in the app have no effect. I can see how the no-effect-buttons can lead to confusion. I ignore them.
    Last edited by kreisl; 11-22-2016 at 09:34 AM.

Enlightened

Personally i use DEX with its new Backup/Restore feature which makes PCLS obsolete imho.
    I tried DEX too - but I experienced also some problems.
    When I started to log (MC3000 was already running 4 jobs) it only showed slot 2 and always switched back to slot 2 when I tried to switch to another slot.

And (what was worse) when I clicked on "stop logging" (I hope that I remember right that the button was labelled so) it stopped all jobs (and not only the logging).
    So you see - I am an expert in stopping the jobs unintentional. :-(

Still learning how to avoid the problems ;-)

Well, my procedure order goes like this:
    0. configuring DEX first, "MC3000" (for beginners) or "MC3000-Set" (for advanced), and it makes sense to check the box. then exit DEX.
    1. on the device, assign programs to the slots and insert batteries. Slots are ready.
    2. connect device with PC thru USB data cable. My Windows recognizes the connection.
    3. launch DEX
    ( 4. hit the "start gathering"-button in DEX. all ready slots start automatically due to that DEX-button. you should see DEX logging. ---> this was true for old DEX versions!)
    4. hit the "start gathering"-button in DEX, then press <Enter>-key on your charger. you should see DEX logging.
    5. joy

Yes, when you hit "stop gathering"-button in DEX, all active slots of the device get stopped at the same time. DEX automatically stops logging a slot, when the slot has finished the program or 15min later. Of course, you could always manually finish a slot prematurely on the device. Again, read the glossary to distinguish between Finish and Stop.

NOTE: Before exiting DEX, you must click on "stop gathering" first! Then you can click on Exit or Close. This neat order helps to prevent potential issues of any kind, blah.

To switch from one slot to another, you must use the left-hand drop-down menu, not the right-hand drop-down menu.

Yes, it takes some learning and practicing to become fluent and confident with mc3k and or dex operation. Some, not much. I found the learning process very enjoyable and i never had to read the DEX manual.
    Last edited by kreisl; 04-01-2017 at 06:00 AM.

Page 134 of 161 FirstFirst ... 3484124127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141144 ... LastLast