Imalent        
Page 150 of 166 FirstFirst ... 50100140143144145146147148149150151152153154155156157160 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,500 of 4953

Thread: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Flashaholic*

Default Re: 2nd gen dreamcharger presented on IFA Berlin 2014…

just got this last night , trying to get the software to run to no avail...
    the pc monitor from skyrc does nothing when i try to run it
    says fw version 1.10 on my machine, do i need to update it to make the software run?

tx for the help

Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Hi,

I just bought the MC3000 from gearbest.com and am getting an Unhandled exception error when using your PC link software. I have tried the soft reset but the that does not work. Any thoughts?

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at usb_loader_host.FormLoader.timer3_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndPr oc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    MC3000_Monitor
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/tyler/Desktop/MC3000_Monitor.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Thanks, Tyler

Quote Originally Posted by doctordun View Post
    Placed my order with GearBest two days ago. Not a moment too soon. Website shows out of stock now.
    Gearbest webpage shows in stock for me
    As a shopper from the States i would buy the charger from a US dealer, the prices are competitive.
    Quote Originally Posted by hahoo View Post
    just got this last night , trying to get the software to run to no avail...
    the pc monitor from skyrc does nothing when i try to run it
    says fw version 1.10 on my machine, do i need to update it to make the software run?
    No, you don't need to update your machine to make the software run.
    In fact, if the software doesn't run, then it means there is no established data line between charger and computer, and in such a case it would be dangerous to try to update the machine. That's why the instructions for the update include this procedure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuhl0040 View Post
    I just bought the MC3000 from gearbest.com and am getting an Unhandled exception error when using your PC link software. I have tried the soft reset but the that does not work. Any thoughts?
    Fyi no external driver needs to be installed, once you connect the charger with the Windows PC (e.g. WinXP SP3 or Win7 with .NET Framework 4.0) the necessary driver is installed internally/automatically and it is recognized as USB-HID in the device manager.
    Also see section Error Message in the printed instruction manual.
    Quote Originally Posted by buss78 View Post
    The Problem is, that the -deltaU Termination does not work correctly with a C.Current below 0,3C......
    To match the Termination of the charge process at 1,6C, i have to set the CAPACITY to 1,6C or the TimeProtection to 8 hours.
    When i use one of these two settings, the whole Cycle Program terminates when one of these values matches (there is no second Cycle).
    You can try to set DELTA PEAK to 0dV and test this setting with one of your NiMH batteries at 0.2C. But seriously, even Maha recommends charging at no lower than 0.3C, although the MH-C9000 uses voltage termination: when you feed an ever so small current to a NiMH battery, the battery will eventually get fully charged but its peak voltage level will be lower than at a higher rate, also due to the Batt IR. This phenomenon is different from LiIon charging where the peak voltage level is always around 4.2V no matter how fast or slow you charge, given the same 50mA TERMINATION current.
    Your feature suggestion has been discussed before and it may stay on de list. Afaik there are currently no plans to implement something like OnCapacityNext. And what about OnCutTimeNext and OnCutTempNext and all the other possible Error Messages intended for abnormal program termination inherited from hobby chargers all of which terminate programs at the CUT condition? Btw there are charge capacities and there are discharge capacities. So you want OnChargeCapacityNext or OnDischargeCapacityNext, or do you want both separately, or do you want OnEitherCapacityNext? This makes it 4 clear choices and whatever you choose, the choice can't satisfy/please/be liked etc etc
    Hmm, i see my two points

You could also send your feature suggestion directly to sky, they might reply with a -smiley though gg
    Last edited by kreisl; 02-19-2017 at 04:51 AM.

Hello...

I'm thinking to buying a MC3000, but I have a question.
    There is a settings database or webpage/app for battery brand and model??

I mean, I have a Panasonic 18650B 3400mA and I would like to know the "best" typical settings for it, or I have an Amazon Basic AA NiH 2400mA and I want to know what is the typical settings for it....

A place of database where the users can share his configurations....

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this has been treated before (I've read until 130 page)...

Fyi no external driver needs to be installed, once you connect the charger with the Windows PC (e.g. WinXP SP3 or Win7 with .NET Framework 4.0) the necessary driver is installed internally/automatically and it is recognized as USB-HID in the device manager.
    Yeah it worked one time where it connected to the PC Link software, but now I cannot get it to connect again and it just gives the same error. I am able to get it to sporadically connect to DataExplorer but not reliably. Is it possible to do a hard reset? I am at a loss at how to get it working, I have tried shutting down, restarting, but still can't get it to connect. Is there a certain order I need to plug things in?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by cpa View Post
    A place of database where the users can share his configurations....
    I meant "A place or database", it was a typo...

Also it would be useful that the app (DEX and PCLS) would have this functionality and you could choose the battery brand and type and automatically transfer the settings to the MC3000.

What do you think about that??...

I meant "A place or database", it was a typo...

Also it would be useful that the app (DEX and PCLS) would have this functionality and you could choose the battery brand and type and automatically transfer the settings to the MC3000.
    DEX produces 1 XML file with up to 30 program entries in coded format. It would be possible (and possibly some fun) to cut/paste the coded programs from XML file to forum post and vice versa. Still, that's work, working with databases, editing XML files, operating DEX, etc. And since many settings are optional, one cannot even recommend 1 set of settings over a different set. You can charge NCR-B with 50mA termination current or with 100mA, neither does harm to de battery. The settings are really up to the user's personal preference, so imho it makes little sense to create and share 1 public database because no matter which set of settings you propose, i could argue for a different set, just to make a point.

It makes sense though that everybody creates his own database with no more than 30 entries. DEX already does that with the 1 XML file. I call it 'Backup & Restore'.

had a day or so to mess with it, and noticed that the 4th channel, slot, always runs several degrees cooler than the rest ?
    any ideas on this, or any others that have this unit do the same?
    maybe thats the slot closest to the fan?

amazing graph, thanks for sharing!
    Does it say 96° Celsius for the battery? Must be a typo in the DEX graph, you could check the settings in DEX and in GSV, never mind.
    Did you read the full manual? You can search for the term <temperature> in the PDF and read everything what the manual has to say about temperature and sensors. Imho the text is beautifully written and clear as Chinglish can be no offence

Btw there is some chance that your 4th slot sensor does not touch the metal stripe in the slot due to manufacturing tolerances. Even though the battery is warm, the sensor would then not register the battery heat properly because it is a millimeter too far away from battery. On my unit, i put extra thermal paste on the slot sensors to 100% bridge the distance between sensor and metal stripe. Lemme do a test with 4x Eneloop AA too and let's compare my DEX graph then, my pleasure.

Don't worry if your 4th slot sensor was soldered a millimeter too short and or not enough thermal paste was applied on it. But that should be the reason, not the relative location to the fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuhl0040 View Post
    Yeah it worked one time where it connected to the PC Link software, but now I cannot get it to connect again and it just gives the same error. I am able to get it to sporadically connect to DataExplorer but not reliably. Is it possible to do a hard reset? I am at a loss at how to get it working, I have tried shutting down, restarting, but still can't get it to connect. Is there a certain order I need to plug things in?
    Since your system experiences connection problems, you cannot reinstall the FW1.13 (which could be called "hard reset" in a specific sense but it is NOT a genuine hard reset in the original sense!), because if during the reinstallation you lose the connection, your device will be bricked. Do NOT touch a running system!

You should try to connect the charger to a different PC, preferably a PC with freshly installed WinXP SP3 or Win7 SP1. And most importantly, try another USB data cable. I have about 10 USB cables squirrelling around in my home and guess what, only 3 cables are usable for the MC3000<->PC connection.

Order in which i connect things:
    1) PC is running. All Bluetooth connections are OFF. Bluetooth and DEX (or PCLS) cannot run at the same time
    2) charger is powered up
    3) i connect PREMIUM USB DATA CABLE (DO NOT USE A USB CHARGE CABLE!!!) first to charger
    4) then to PC
    5) then i launch DEX (or PCLS)

My channel 4 always runs about 2 degrees C lower than the other channels, but it tracks parallel. Doesn't bother me, it's not a lab grade instrument and I can account for the -2 deg C delta on ch4.
    Mag: 4D LED, Fenix: LD20, TK35, TK70, 47s: Preon 2, Quark Mini AA, ReVO SS, ZL SC600Fd Mk III+, SC5Fd Hi CRI, Sunwayman D40A, Nitecore EC4S, TIP 360, Klarus XT12GT, Lumintop Cu Tool, Ti Tool; UTorch UT01, UT02
    Maha: MH-C808M, MH-C9000, iCharger 206B, SkyRC MC3000, XTAR VP2, Litokala Lii 100

Can anyone able to confirm whether the current SkyRC MC3000 EU Plug charger carried by Gearbest is the latest, revised version (where all the weaknesses of early production have been fixed)?

Thinking of getting one from Gearbest, although I wish to have a UK plug instead (I am from Malaysia), but EU Plug (closest to UK Plug that Gearbest carries) will do the job too.

The Gearbest link is here:

http://www.gearbest.com/chargers/pp_260893.html

test done, we can see the influence of system temperature on the "battery temperature"

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by kreisl View Post
    amazing graph, thanks for sharing!
    Does it say 96° Celsius for the battery? Must be a typo in the DEX graph, you could check the settings in DEX and in GSV, never mind.
    Did you read the full manual? You can search for the term <temperature> in the PDF and read everything what the manual has to say about temperature and sensors. Imho the text is beautifully written and clear as Chinglish can be no offence

Btw there is some chance that your 4th slot sensor does not touch the metal stripe in the slot due to manufacturing tolerances. Even though the battery is warm, the sensor would then not register the battery heat properly because it is a millimeter too far away from battery. On my unit, i put extra thermal paste on the slot sensors to 100% bridge the distance between sensor and metal stripe. Lemme do a test with 4x Eneloop AA too and let's compare my DEX graph then, my pleasure.

Don't worry if your 4th slot sensor was soldered a millimeter too short and or not enough thermal paste was applied on it. But that should be the reason, not the relative location to the fan.
    thanks for the reply sir...and yes it is in fact deg f , not deg c...

i have a very accurate fluke ir temp gun, that i have shot the batteries with, and the mc3000 is with in 1 deg-f or so, just about always

is there a way to change that or not ?
    if not, i can live with a C, instead of a F no problem

only big gripe with this beast, is it hard to get panasonic flat tops to make contact when charging
    they need to make the top contacts protrude just the slightest tad more
    its a pain having to suspend a big 18650 in the air to charge it

Some NiZn consumers have reported that FW1.13 does not terminate the NiZn charging ever.
    I have an old 4-pack of BPI NiZn AA's, cycled less than 10 times, and when i had tested the NiZn charging back then with older firmware versions, there was no issue.

Now i retested my now old NiZn's with the FW1.13 and indeed the charging doesn't seem to stop and the amperage graph does not look like as it should. The observation is that the current falls off too steep during the 1.90V CV-phase and then recovers to a steady-state level eventually, around 400mA in my example while the voltage remains steady at 1.90V. Definitely weird or unexpected, and maybe it is due to the age of my batteries or due to the firmware version, how could we know?

Then again i can't remember which firmware version i had tested my NiZn's back then with lol.
    Maybe some of you have new NiZn's and old firmware and can test if the charging works as expected without issues?
    In the meantime i am going to list this potential firmware bug in de list under k#88 np thanks for your attention.

Last edited by kreisl; 02-22-2017 at 01:32 PM.

they need to make the top contacts protrude just the slightest tad more
    good point and forwarded thanks!

Some NiZn consumers have reported that FW1.13 does not terminate the NiZn charging ever.
    I have an old 4-pack of BPI NiZn AA's, cycled less than 10 times, and when i had tested the NiZn charging back then with older firmware versions, there was no issue.

Now i retested my now old NiZn's with the FW1.13 and indeed the charging doesn't seem to stop and the amperage graph does not look like as it should. The observation is that the current falls off too steep during the 1.90V CV-phase and then recovers to a steady-state level eventually, around 400mA in my example while the voltage remains steady at 1.90V. Definitely weird or unexpected, and maybe it is due to the age of my batteries or due to the firmware version, how could we know?

Then again i can't remember which firmware version i had tested my NiZn's back then with lol.
    Maybe some of you have new NiZn's and old firmware and can test if the charging works as expected without issues?
    In the meantime i am going to list this potential firmware bug in de list under k#88 np thanks for your attention.

You could downgrade your firm and test the same NiZn AA's and see what happend, couldn't you??

You could downgrade your firm and test the same NiZn AA's and see what happend, couldn't you??
    sure when i get to it

EDIT: FW1.11 NiZn charging looks soso, interesting. Looks better but the observations could be related to the old battery condition. I must have tested my NiZn about 12 months ago, i got mine from GB. i have FW1.04c from Feb 2016 and will check that too.
    Last edited by kreisl; 02-22-2017 at 05:30 PM.

Its really disappointing that the link software only works on Bill Gates spy on everyone Winblowz. If you wanted to do folks a giant favor create software for Mac and Linux.

Winblowz is a giant virus infested, malware infested, trojan infested magnet. I moved to Linux years back and couldnt be happier. No crashes, no infections and its ---> FREE! Linux mint with cinnamon is the way to go.

Please consider a new thread as this one is too long to read.
    Please consider a Linux Mac version of the software.

There is already an alternative software that runs under Linux and Mac. Just read this thread a little bit and you'll get all the information.
    I have not got the charger yet, but I already knows it...

Mac OS & IOS are spyware infected as well BTW...

Search for linux in the thread or for DEX or dataexplorer

EDIT: FW1.11 NiZn charging looks soso, interesting. Looks better but the observations could be related to the old battery condition. I must have tested my NiZn about 12 months ago, i got mine from GB. i have FW1.04c from Feb 2016 and will check that too.
    lol Fake News (not by me!) about the alleged charging problem with NiZn batteries. all firmware versions behave the same correctly. the problem was the condition of the batteries, their chemistry was dormant. after cycling the batteries 5 times the charging is now proceeding as perfectly as expected and also terminates as it should.

clearly, there is no problem with the NiZn charging algorithm or termination in the firmware.

I am glad that i was able to demystify the 'issue'

so if you guys work with NiZn, watch out for dormant specimen and cycle them 5 times (or more), for example with -0.50A/0.50A, and check how their condition improves as can be read from the charger's behavior, the graphs in pcls or dex. EDIT3: and charge with an appropriate charging rate, not too high; the lower the better for every party involved. basically i am saying that NiZn batteries *uck , lol.

this is my official all-clear. and i am deleting the k# from de list (EDIT1: done. moving on, bye). thanks for your attention.

EDIT2: squirrels are awesome
    Last edited by kreisl; 02-25-2017 at 08:07 AM.

I knew it will come, I just did not know when. And it happened today. It has snapped. The spring in my charger has snapped, probably the pin holding the spring broke. Yes, the charger in question is from the early batch that was known for this issue. But you don't worry, your recently bought unit has reinforced pins and won't brake, so don't panic. :-)

The sad thing is I've got 5 units and the first 4 ones are the early ones. :-( I fear there will be more snaps coming... Well, what can I do...

Here is my AA Cycler's Cycling Brigade - notice charger 3 channel 1 - it's gone!

I was hoping I will avoid this issue as I charge only AA (14500) cells and the snaps were usually reported by people charging longer cells - 18650. But no... Anyway, I've got my units from akkuteile.de, I am going to ask them if they sell the top plastic cover so I can replace it...

Note: the first 4 chargers were bought during March-May 2016 and are running since 24/7 nonstop. The spring broke after 10 month in use...
    Last edited by AA Cycler; 02-25-2017 at 05:39 AM.
    Cycle count tests of AA batteries - http://aacycler.com

Flashaholic

Shouldn"t there be a 12 month minimum warranty on these as they were bought from the EU ?

Quote Originally Posted by bella-headlight View Post
    Shouldn"t there be a 12 month minimum warranty on these as they were bought from the EU ?
    Yes, there should be 1 year warranty, but I have already voided it by opening and modding my units. The fans in my MC3000s brow most of the time and when they get too noisy (every 3 months or so) I open the cover and lubricate the fans. I have also cut off the grill beneath the fans to ensure better air flow... I am not going to try to warranty them, I will just try to get new cases if they are still available somewhere... EDIT: GB are still selling them...
    Last edited by AA Cycler; 02-25-2017 at 05:46 AM.
    Cycle count tests of AA batteries - http://aacycler.com

Does anyone know if they fixed the problem with flat top batteries not making contact?

I read that some are using magnets to get contact.

Quote Originally Posted by Mp0w3r View Post
    Does anyone know if they fixed the problem with flat top batteries not making contact?

I read that some are using magnets to get contact.
    You just have to move them around until they make contact. This will mean they don't make contact with the temperature strip. Not a big deal IMHO.

Flashaholic* ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AA Cycler View Post
    I knew it will come, I just did not know when. And it happened today. It has snapped. The spring in my charger has snapped, probably the pin holding the spring broke. Yes, the charger in question is from the early batch that was known for this issue. But you don't worry, your recently bought unit has reinforced pins and won't brake, so don't panic. :-)

The sad thing is I've got 5 units and the first 4 ones are the early ones. :-( I fear there will be more snaps coming... Well, what can I do...

Here is my AA Cycler's Cycling Brigade - notice charger 3 channel 1 - it's gone!

I was hoping I will avoid this issue as I charge only AA (14500) cells and the snaps were usually reported by people charging longer cells - 18650. But no... Anyway, I've got my units from akkuteile.de, I am going to ask them if they sell the top plastic cover so I can replace it...

Note: the first 4 chargers were bought during March-May 2016 and are running since 24/7 nonstop. The spring broke after 10 month in use...
    I have one of the earlier units as well. I had one pin break a few months back and another break within the past month. I just used screws (spare screws from RC cars - not even sure of size) that would thread into the silicon board a bit and it's worked fine. I did make sure there are no metal contact points on either side of the circuit board so I'm not too concerned about having replaced the plastic pin with metal - and I'm pretty assured it won't break again.

here is an interesting fix suggested by an early adopter from Italy using part of a wrapped cable tie as plastic pin replacement :

( photo cudos to the original photographer )
    Last edited by kreisl; 02-26-2017 at 12:16 PM.

Very good/smart/clever solution...

That's very clever. I'd been using my older MC3000 with snapped posts with some random pieces of fill to achieve contact. Took it apart and put some cable ties in there, but must've shorted something out while putting it back together since now I get the following error from the ADC (MCP3424-1 Err). Tried reassembling it and checking that everything's ok, but the charger doesn't seem to recover from it. At least I have a spare...

Page 150 of 166 FirstFirst ... 50100140143144145146147148149150151152153154155156157160 ... LastLast