ArmyTek        
Page 152 of 166 FirstFirst ... 52102142145146147148149150151152153154155156157158159162 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,560 of 4958

Thread: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Quote Originally Posted by kreisl View Post
    Thanks for your interest!
    i placed the various orders today and hopefully i'll get the stuff soon. The other day i also bought a SDcard/microSDcard multi combo reader for my XP-machine from a local shop. The geman vendor is out of stock of the raspi 3B, so i am not sure when my order will be fulfilled. I am mostly looking forward to the casing lol. It got great leviews on FT and AX.
    Keep us posted

i shouldn't praise this possibility yet because i prefer to witness and experience it myself first. Ravel and the dex author have been using earlier raspi models,
    I have a model 3 as well, not tried it yet with DEX+MC3000

major incentive and prolly the only raspi project i'll ever do)

ohh no, you are not going to switch then to linux then

Default Re: 2nd gen dreamcharger presented on IFA Berlin 2014…

4 18650 is 1 amp max discharge, 1 18650 is 2 amp max discharge
    can i use my smartphone as screen for raspi 3B through bluetooth 4.1 (BLE) or does it have to be wlan?
    I believe so, I think there are tutorials around, but better go wifi or LAN on a proper screen

I'm not up on the the Raspi or the Raspberry. Haven't used a handheld in quite a while. Use to have several handhelds using MS kernels. I've been thinking of getting a pod such as an iPod, etc. There are iPods running Linux.

The Raspi runs a Linux OS (kernel)? You would be logging through a Linux DEX running on the Raspi?

Same sort of MC3000 control through a Linux Dex connection with other handhelds or pods running Linux? Or is this connection your referring to, specific to the Raspi?

The MC3000 is capable of logging "offline" when only connected to a USB flash drive without some sort of software connection?
    Last edited by usrnam; 03-07-2017 at 07:45 PM.

@ravel @kreisl
    I've just already got the DEX running under the Raspi... I have not tested yet, because my MC3000 has not been delivered yet, but with the ravel's easy recipe It has been very quick....

Here you have an snapshot

Thanks to @Ravel for the recipe!!!!...

Edit: the raspbian distribution has installed the VNC, so it's no necessary to install tightvnc. Just activate under Preferences->Rasberry Pi configuration and configure it as you want...
    Edit 2: I think the user "pi" must be member of the uucp group. I've added it with "sudo usermod -a -G uucp pi"
    Last edited by cpa; 03-08-2017 at 05:41 AM.

It took a bit over a month but finally got the thread all read! My mc3000 will arrive in another week or two. Lots and lots of good info contained in this thread, along with some... filler, lol. Appreciate all the work, knowledge and time.

Quote Originally Posted by cpa View Post

Edit: the raspbian distribution has installed the VNC, so it's no necessary to install tightvnc. Just activate under Preferences->Rasberry Pi configuration and configure it as you want...
    Edit 2: I think the user "pi" must be member of the uucp group. I've added it with "sudo usermod -a -G uucp pi"
    i have got the raspi today but something's missing here ...

@ravel @kreisl
    I've just already got the DEX running under the Raspi... I have not tested yet, because my MC3000 has not been delivered yet, but with the ravel's easy recipe It has been very quick....

cool congrats

This is quite likely, maybe forgotten I had done it, I will edit my post since I already had instructed
    sudo chgrp -R uucp /var/lock
    Last edited by Ravel; 03-08-2017 at 12:48 PM.

Is this a game ?

Two things...
    -> Keyboard
    -> Raspi Case

The second one is not really necessary...

Edit: Also you'll need some batteries for test it...

If you want to automatize the autorun of the DEX when the Raspi is starting up, you just edit the next file:
    /home/pi/.config/lxsession/LXDE-pi/autostart

and add this line at the bottom:
    [code]
    java -D32 -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -jar -Xms64m -Xmx1024m /home/pi/mydataexplorer/DataExplorer/DataExplorer.jar
    [/code]

Note: If you have installed the DataExplorer in other path than the "mydataexplorer", you must adapt the line to it.

Hope this would be useful for you...

Hope this would be useful for you...
    It was thx

game time other than ravel?

da quiz: what am i doing here the situation in full detail, and what seems strange?
    Last edited by kreisl; 03-10-2017 at 02:12 PM.

My phone (Sony Xperia Z3) unable to connect via bluetooth to the MC3000 charger. It says no charger found.
    How to fix this?

The Z3 has Bluetooth 4.0 and is BLE capable - in theory. In practice since Android V4.4.4.
    Have you verified that your phone is able to use BLE, e.g. with some heart rate monitors or smart television sets?
    Then you could check with BLE Scanner, whether MC3000 is found. Connect to the device, select "Generic Access", type on the "R" at "Device Name". My MC3000 shows "NC3000".

Quote Originally Posted by Meyer View Post
    The Z3 has Bluetooth 4.0 and is BLE capable - in theory. In practice since Android V4.4.4.
    Have you verified that your phone is able to use BLE, e.g. with some heart rate monitors or smart television sets?
    Then you could check with BLE Scanner, whether MC3000 is found. Connect to the device, select "Generic Access", type on the "R" at "Device Name". My MC3000 shows "NC3000".
    Thank you very much for your reply.
    I used some Google Play app that tests for BLE on the phone and according to the outcome my phone is BLE compatible.
    I have also installed the BLE Scanner as per advise. In the BLE Scanner, the charger can be detected, clicking the "R" at the "Device Name" in "Generic Access", my MC3000 is just showed as "Charger".

Re-tried with the SkyRC app after done the test with BLE Scanner, outcome remains the same (charger not found).

I tried with a Huawei Honor 7 phone, outcome also remains the same (charger not found).

In Google Play, at the review section of this SkyRC MC3000 app, I can see some people also experiencing similar problem on their phones.
    Maybe the app itself has bug? Or it only works with Nexus device?

Iirc the manual does not advise to run a BT scanner and click on "R" or "Generic Access" or "Pairing" but i could be wrong

Did you check the manual, what does it say?
    Last edited by kreisl; 03-14-2017 at 10:03 AM.

Just a silly question... Do you have enabled the Bluetooth interface on the MC3000???

Legit question. Because a BT scanner will detect a BLE signal even if Bluetooth is set to OFF on the charger.

Very sneaky

Didn't know that - i was lucky with firmware V1.02 and manual V1.0.

The current manual (V1.13) is describing the feature on page 14 ("Global Setup View").
    Nevertheless - the BT interface should be active by default.
    Thank you for enlightement. I'll upgrade firmware later.

By the way: "BLE Scanner" terminates the BT connection correctly on my Galaxy S5 when app is left.
    Last edited by Meyer; 03-14-2017 at 12:05 PM.

Finally, my MC3000 is here!!!!
    I've just installed it, and now it's performing a cycle on three 18650 batteries, with the Raspberry PI logging it, of course...
    I guess I've got a little bit old model, because the serial number is 978xxx, but it is after june production I guess, because it has the new screen, the new case, etc.

I'm impressed by the noise. It's more noisy than my Opus BT-3100, and everyone say that the opus is very noisy...

I'll must to calibrate it, because all the bays give me different Voltage values... I will do it on weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Meyer View Post
    By the way: "BLE Scanner" terminates the BT connection correctly on my Galaxy S5 when app is left.
    FW1.02 wow, you were an early adopter, great support and trust from the beginning woot!
    Yes the BT interface is active by default, for example after a Factory Reset. But maybe the scoutfai accidentally had it left deactivated in GSV when playing with the options there

Thanks also for your user community help, Bluetooth and all, appreciated!
    Please do install the FW1.13 or the h*cked version with the retro games. I am not even sure that dex supports FW1.02.

, with the Raspberry PI logging it, of course...
    I guess I've got a little bit old model, because the serial number is 978xxx, but it is after june production I guess, because it has the new screen, the new case, etc.
    Did you open the case to learn that you have the new case? Then it is the june production or later, true. (Which firmware version was installed?)
    With the cooling fan "AUTO" setting the fan maximizes fan speed at 50°C. It is noisy then so-so imho, given that you hear the original fan sound, unaltered by imperfect assembly.

Do you operate your raspi headless? I do.
    (headless raspi = no HDMI-cabled monitor + no USB/BT keyboard + no USB/BT mouse)

Btw even though i am still waiting for my "premium" case to arrive, i already found a carry pouch for the raspi, so that i can carry it nicely and show it off to other new beez. I am talking about the pouch of the Olight H1 Nova. Great stuff, perfect fit.

On an intriguing side note, since so many ppl know/have it, there are concrete plans to implement support for UT61E in dex woah!! Assuming that all goes well, we will be able to do "offline logging" of ut61e (headless too, of course), not only of mc3k. I know someone who will buy a raspi as soon as ut61e is implemented in dex.
    Last edited by kreisl; 03-14-2017 at 12:49 PM.

Did you open the case to learn that you have the new case? Then it is the june production or later, true. (Which firmware version was installed?)
    No, I didn't. I've seen that the case has recessed label sticker on bottom, so I supposed it...
    It comes with the 1.10. I've uploaded it to 1.13 without any problem.

With the cooling fan "AUTO" setting the fan maximizes fan speed at 50°C. It is noisy then so-so imho, given that you hear the original fan sound, unaltered by imperfect assembly.
    Yes. I see on DEX that the system temp is always below from 50º.
    Sorry, I don't understand what do you mean with "you hear the original fan sound, unaltered by imperfect assembly"...

Do you operate your raspi headless? I do.
    (headless raspi = no HDMI-cabled monitor + no USB/BT keyboard + no USB/BT mouse)
    Of course I do!!!... In fact, I have not HDMI monitor, so I have no choice... lol

Here an snapshot:

Btw even though i am still waiting for my "premium" case to arrive
    Which premium case have you ordered??

Here an snapshot:

Which premium case have you ordered??
    Your original FW1.10 points to the new case from June with 99% probability, sure
    When the fan gets installed nicely by the mc3k production line, then the fan sound is what it is, so-so, not too noisy imho. Very acceptable fwiw. If it got installed not perfectly, say some glue droplet touching the rotating blades, then the fan sound will be louder because of that imperfection and extra vibration.

Thanks for the pic, nice! Your raspi is connected to cable-LAN and a USB thumb drive, oic. I power mine through the USB power output port of mc3k, works just fine.

Well, i placed an order for the MA aluminum premium case but my preferred color is currently out of stock (backorder). Crossing fingers that my chosen anodization will be back in stock soon! Once i have got it, i will show it off for sure!! Oh btw, nobody was able to understand the situation of the 'screenshot' which i posted days ago?

I am sure Ravel knows

Your original FW1.10 points to the new case from June with 99% probability, sure
    Another clue: when I've uploaded the firm to the MC3000, the SNB's leds were turning on sequentially (1...2...3...4). When SNB's led 4 turned on, the flash was finished...

When the fan gets installed nicely by the mc3k production line, then the fan sound is what it is, so-so, not too noisy imho. Very acceptable fwiw. If it got installed not perfectly, say some glue droplet touching the rotating blades, then the fan sound will be louder because of that imperfection and extra vibration.
    Ok, I understand what do you want to say.

Thanks for the pic, nice! Your raspi is connected to cable-LAN and a USB thumb drive, oic. I power mine through the USB power output port of mc3k, works just fine.
    Yes. That's what I have. I'll try to power the raspi with the mc3000 tomorrow. I guess it works right...

Well, i placed an order for the MA aluminum premium case but my preferred color is currently out of stock (backorder).
    BEAUTIFUL!!!... But is more expensive than the raspi

Flashaholic*

On an intriguing side note, since so many ppl know/have it, there are concrete plans to implement support for UT61E in dex woah!! Assuming that all goes well, we will be able to do "offline logging" of ut61e (headless too, of course), not only of mc3k. I know someone who will buy a raspi as soon as ut61e is implemented in dex.
    That would certainly be helpful to many users. If there was also an easy fix for the well-known UT61E drifting (due to temperature 75ppm/C and trimpot vibration) then that would yield a decent inexpensive logging meter (presumably much better than the default UT logging software).

Speaking of drift, does anyone know how much the MC3000 drifts? What does it use for a voltage ref and/or what is the tempco?

Iirc the manual does not advise to run a BT scanner and click on "R" or "Generic Access" or "Pairing" but i could be wrong

Did you check the manual, what does it say?
    Yes, you are right to say that the manual does not mention anything about the BT scanner.

Meyer suggested the BLE scanner app as a means to cross check whether my phone is BLE compatible, which he thinks should be because Sony Xperia Z3 has bluetooth 4.0. The verification with the BLE scanner app confirms this. Using the app also has verified that my phone's bluetooth actually can find the charger, this also serves as a verification that the bluetooth on the charger has been turned on successfully.
    When exiting the BLE scanner app, no abnormality is observed on the phone as far as bluetooth related. Whereas in the case of the SkyRC app, once exit the app will force close the bluetooth on the phone.

Neither Meyer or I ever suggested the BLE scanner can be used to replace the SkyRC bluetooth app.
    My goal is still to get the SkyRC app working in my phone, which as of time of writing, still failing (charger not found).

Just a silly question... Do you have enabled the Bluetooth interface on the MC3000???
    Yes, I confirm I had it enabled. Photo below:

May I ask those who can successfully use the SkyRC bluetooth app in your phone, what is the version of the SkyRC app in your phone?
    I am currently using the latest available in Google Play which is version 3.3.

Quote Originally Posted by scoutfai View Post
    Yes, you are right to say that the manual does not mention anything about the BT scanner.

Meyer suggested the BLE scanner app as a means to cross check whether my phone is BLE compatible, which he thinks should be because Sony Xperia Z3 has bluetooth 4.0. The verification with the BLE scanner app confirms this. Using the app also has verified that my phone's bluetooth actually can find the charger, this also serves as a verification that the bluetooth on the charger has been turned on successfully.
    When exiting the BLE scanner app, no abnormality is observed on the phone as far as bluetooth related. Whereas in the case of the SkyRC app, once exit the app will force close the bluetooth on the phone.

Neither Meyer or I ever suggested the BLE scanner can be used to replace the SkyRC bluetooth app.
    My goal is still to get the SkyRC app working in my phone, which as of time of writing, still failing (charger not found).

Yes, I confirm I had it enabled. Photo below:

May I ask those who can successfully use the SkyRC bluetooth app in your phone, what is the version of the SkyRC app in your phone?
    On my nexus 4 , the app cant find the charger if i have a bluetooth headset paired and the headset is off at the moment.
    If i unpair the headset then it finds the charger no problem.
    Imo, this happens because when bluetooth gets turned on when you run the app, the phone is trying to connect to the headset first.But since it is off, it retries for some time and in the meantime mc3000 app times out.
    If you have a bt headset paired to your phone, this might be the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by scoutfai View Post
    I'm using the 3.0, and I guess is the last one... What app are you using??
    I'm using this:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...com.Sky_mc3000

It's strange, because on the PlayStore says that the last version is 3.3, but I can confirm that I have installed the 3.0, and is the last one, there is no update for it (I've installed yesterday)...

Btw in my opinion,
    the app may be convenient enough for controlling slots and running programs which were programmed and saved on the phone under a nice name, for everything else the raspi solution is imho superior: logging data, printing graphs, saving sessions, saving data, exporting data, resuming sessions, transferring data, importing data for post-processing, and last but not least remote control. and fun. Bluetooth range is always restricted to meters and rooms and you kinda need to leave the app running on the phone to get a full graph, no? you cannot analyze the data on the phone thru the app and really, imho the only powerful use of the app is starting semi-remotely a previously stored program which does not need to be 1 of the 30 device programs [??]. Then again, how many different battery programs do you guys have saved on the phone for your convenience? If it is 4 or less, then you could also save them as 1 of the 30 device programs under the memory key combo <UP + SNB>. I use the key combos all the time, so convenient! For example <UP + SNB#4> is reserved for charging my set of four 16340's for my H1 Nova, <UP+SNB#1> for charging my NCR-B and -GA's at 1.75A. Your point may be that raspi costs another 35 bucks (plus a 3$ plastic enclosure hh), i take it. And that the raspi occupies additional space next to the charger. All right. But apart from these 2 points, i am winning the argument. While the raspi needs to be powered all the time for the logging (i measured less than 2W power draw), the phone can be turned off, the remote connection between phone and raspi shut down, no problem. Using raspi for mc3k means nothing but remotely operating dex (its linux version), so you're limited to the mc3k slot control capabilities of dex like hitting 1 Start gathering and 1 Stop gathering button and using the Backup&Restore dialog. In future dex versions the 'Start/Stop gathering' can have differentiated meaning, literally gathering only vs. starting/stopping the device as in previous dex versions. The meaning of the button was changed in the current dex version yet both meanings have the right to exist.

Omg with this post i explained half of the situation of my earlier screenshot quiz.
    Last edited by kreisl; 03-15-2017 at 10:35 AM.

i've installed to day, looks real:

You are completely right!... the update data is today!!!... but it's still not available for my phone yet... I have to wait, I think

Page 152 of 166 FirstFirst ... 52102142145146147148149150151152153154155156157158159162 ... LastLast