RofisLight        
Page 172 of 172 FirstFirst ... 72122162165166167168169170171172
Results 5,131 to 5,150 of 5150

Thread: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 / CES 2016 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Quote Originally Posted by HKJ View Post
    Probably connection problems, you can try cleaning the connections on the charger, but the problem may be the internal rail connection (It is slightly more difficult to clean).
    I've cleaned all the exterior connections but it didn't help. Would cleaning the internal rail connections possibly fix the problem with bay #1 failing to charge?

Quote Originally Posted by klrman View Post
    I've cleaned all the exterior connections but it didn't help. Would cleaning the internal rail connections possibly fix the problem with bay #1 failing to charge?
    The answer is maybe, if the problem is due to bad connections it will, but if the reason is a damaged chip it will not (A reason for a damage chip may be a battery put in backward).
    Sorry, but I cannot give a definitive answer.
    My website with battery, charger, usb reviews, comparisons & information: https://lygte-info.dk/
    Latest addition is multimeter reviews

The answer is maybe, if the problem is due to bad connections it will, but if the reason is a damaged chip it will not (A reason for a damage chip may be a battery put in backward).
    I've never put a battery in backwards. If GB doesn't do anything, I will pull it apart and do some cleaning. I had three mc3000's but sold two to my friends. Should have kept at least one for backup.

Gearbest has suggested to me to send it to their repair center in the US and pay for shipping to get it there. I live in Canada. Has anyone had good luck sending it to their repair center? I'm sort of reluctant to do that as they said if they can't repair it, they would send me a refurbished one. My experience with anything refurbished is "yeah bob, it works........next".

Well, I had nothing to lose so I pulled mine apart and found that the soldering around the + terminal on the board of bay #1 was cracked and lifting on the edges. I've seen cracking like this before on my honda cars on the drl control unit board and needed to resolder them to get the drl's working again but, no such luck with the mc3000 as resoldering didn't change anything.

For anyone disassembling there mc3000, the wires that run to the battery temp sensor can sneak up on you
    when putting it all back together like they did to me in the pic below. There is a plastic slot for each temp sensor
    wire where you need to route these to. It's not obvious at first upon disassembly but when you reassemble, as you
    can see in the pic, it's easy to have them snag.

Last edited by klrman; 10-15-2018 at 12:02 AM.

Flashaholic*

Heads up mc3Kers. Spare top housings are now being sold on eBay (USA) for $3.99 with free shipping. Get 'em while they last (from China).

Btw, if you're in USA and you need anything else from China then be aware that Trump is killing ePacket, so it will likely no longer be possible to get dirt cheap shipping from China. So now is the time to stock up before the window closes. So long to cheap imported hobby parts. It was sure nice while it lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Gauss163 View Post
    Heads up mc3Kers. Spare top housings are now being sold on eBay (USA) for $3.99 with free shipping. Get 'em while they last (from China).
    Really a decent price, when I bought it it was about $ 20 from GearBest.
    Thanks for the information

There are at least 4 that sell it on eBay at an almost equal price, maybe they ship from HK?

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by Gauss163 View Post
    Ordered it. Many thanks!

Unenlightened

Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Hello, where to buy mc3000 with latest hardware board?

(With international shipping, Russia)

So I purchased a MC3000 and have been happy with it, but its not without its problems. One area that seems to need improvement is Bluetooth. So when I received it, the Bluetooth LED was off, but Bluetooth was on. So I downloaded the iPhone app. and it worked. The blue LED turned on and the charger communicated. But now I want to use it with a different phone. I turned Bluetooth off and back on with the charger, turned off my original phone, but the blue LED stays on and I can't connect any other phone to the charger. Do I have to do completely reset the charger to reset this?

Not sure if anyone is still here anymore, but one other question. I have noticed that if you place mostly dead NiMh cells in the MC3000, it says "No Battery" so you basically can't charge the cell. We all know that NiMh cells can be almost completely dead, and still charge fine. I have 5 other NiMh chargers, and none have this problem. If there a workaround? The only one I found was use another charger to get them up to maybe 1 V then move the batteries to the MC3000. Yes that works, but its pretty bad that you have to use a $20 charger on your batteries for the $100 charger to work. I know that tapping the "SNB" buttons will unlock LiIon protection, but it doesn't seem to do anything for NiMh. Its hard to believe SkyRc hasn't fixed this. I'm running V1.14

Quote Originally Posted by an654 View Post
    Not sure if anyone is still here anymore, but one other question. I have noticed that if you place mostly dead NiMh cells in the MC3000, it says "No Battery" so you basically can't charge the cell. We all know that NiMh cells can be almost completely dead, and still charge fine. I have 5 other NiMh chargers, and none have this problem. If there a workaround? The only one I found was use another charger to get them up to maybe 1 V then move the batteries to the MC3000. Yes that works, but its pretty bad that you have to use a $20 charger on your batteries for the $100 charger to work. I know that tapping the "SNB" buttons will unlock LiIon protection, but it doesn't seem to do anything for NiMh. Its hard to believe SkyRc hasn't fixed this. I'm running V1.14
    I have used the "reset protection" feature to bring back to life 0 V reading NiCd.
    I am not sure NiMh can withstand being stored 0 V.
    In any case, you could start charging by connecting a good battery in parallel for a while until the charger starts its charging.

Just a quick tip to anyone changing the top panel, when trying to remove the clear display window drill out the 4 screw holes with a 6mm drill. Then the window presses easily out and no need for hearing or levering.

If it says "no battery" you can force charge it (assuming the battery is just overly discharged and not really dead) by holding down the appropriate channel number button (ie., 1 to 4) depending on which channel the battery is in until it will take over and charge by itself. This does not take long and is documented in the User Guide but I don't remember which page.

Quote Originally Posted by an654 View Post
    EagTac M25C2 Turbo_VN_XPG2-PDTc version; SureFire UB3T Invictus; Nitecore SRT7; TrustFire X6; LumaPower MVP (3xCree) , Sunwayman V11R; 4Sevens Quark AA Tactical; Nitecore DI (R2, GDP, Q5); LiteFlux LF2XT-R2;

Quote Originally Posted by 7histology View Post
    If it says "no battery" you can force charge it (assuming the battery is just overly discharged and not really dead) by holding down the appropriate channel number button (ie., 1 to 4) depending on which channel the battery is in until it will take over and charge by itself. This does not take long and is documented in the User Guide but I don't remember which page.
    Yea I don't recall where it's documented, but I used it twice today with a knackered NiMH. Works fine.

I'm wondering if SkyRC plans to release an updated MC3000 any time soon. While brands like MiBoxer have recently updated their chargers to fit protected 21700 batteries (charging bays have 78mm length) it seems we still have to wait for SkyRC to update the MC3000.

It would be nice if skyrc had the possibility to charge 9 volt rechargables.

Quote Originally Posted by Nev View Post
    It would be nice if skyrc had the possibility to charge 9 volt rechargables.
    And 4 D size battery or 4 32650 battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Lux-Perpetua View Post
    I'm wondering if SkyRC plans to release an updated MC3000 any time soon. While brands like MiBoxer have recently updated their chargers to fit protected 21700 batteries (charging bays have 78mm length) it seems we still have to wait for SkyRC to update the MC3000.
    Doesn't it already do 21700, at least unprotected flat-tops?

Yes, unprotected 21700 do fit into the charging bays but I would also like to charge protected ones like those from Acebeam or Rofis.

Enlightened

Decided to charge up many of my lights some are LI several sizes, NMHI C and D --- did 30 batteries in 24 hours. Have 2650 next to a C cell no issues works like a champ and the app lets me watch from my phone! This charger has exceeded my expectations.

Page 172 of 172 FirstFirst ... 72122162165166167168169170171172