Fitorch        
Page 169 of 171 FirstFirst ... 69119159162163164165166167168169170171 LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,070 of 5117

Thread: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Unenlightened

Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 / CES 2016 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

LTO is very good for winter (space) use.
    LTO tests, review and other, if interesting: http://electrotransport.ru/ussr/index.php?board=224.0 (https://translate.googleusercontent....Q1bXyjL_QOhfOg).

Sorry for little offtopic.
    Last edited by inetchik; 01-15-2018 at 02:54 PM.

Unenlightened

Hello.

LTO in stock, look at:http://electrotransport.ru/ussr/inde...073#msg1256073.

BR,

One thing i do not like about FW 1.13 and not sure if its a bug. In Eneloop type. The first timer no longer counts once in resting mode/trickle charge and only the total timer is counting.. The fw before used to have it where the timers were separated one for total time charging and the other for resting/trickle charge. I find that very useful. Now the 1st timer just resets back to 0 and stays there once the main current is done.

I hope this gets fix. Like i said. I find that very useful lol.

Unenlightened

Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

In my post at electrotransport.... screens from chat with skyrc.com. Answers from skyrc.com: FW1.13 support LTO cells.
    Why this liar to me - I not understand.

BR,

Often non-technicians are responsible for public relations.

I think they are referring to being supported on the next firmware update 1.14 as I now see lto on the description on sky website. So it is for sure coming. Now speaking of firmware. I hope the issue i stated previously gets fixed? *fingers crossed* lol.

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by sbj View Post
    ........public relations.
    Skyrc.com (non-technician) gave a photo charger with LTO. I am very disappointed and sad from lying.

BR,

Quote Originally Posted by inetchik View Post
    Skyrc.com (non-technician) gave a photo charger with LTO. I am very disappointed and sad from lying.

BR,
    There's a big difference between lying and speaking an untruth, if the person didn't know any better. Who knows, might well have been an honest mistake, probably was since nothing would be gained by outright lying.

Question. Do you guys use the USB out to charge your phones or tablets? While this is a nice feature to have as you don't need to use another outlet to charge your phone or tablet, i could see this posing a serious risk to the charger if one is not careful, like by a small chance that the other end of the usb cable accidentally touches the - or + while the cable is connected. Just curious if there is any short circuit protection on the main usb out. Either way, definitely going to be very careful with this since cables have their mind of their own of where it lands. So as a rule of thumb, always plug the device first and disconnect last. Am i over thinking this or a good catch?

Thanks lol.

Unenlightened

Hi Guys

i just bought the MC3000 from GB, does anyone have Bluetooth issue with this unit?

Mine is the one with 2 fans at the back.

My unit the Bluetooth will just die after sometime and I have to restart the unit to get Bluetooth function back.

Before the Bluetooth die, I use the BLE scanner found in Apple Store to scan, there is a device call charger which I believe is the MC3000. After the Bluetooth die no such device is found by the App.

I’m using the lastest 11.2.5 iOS.

Is there a bug in the Bluetooth or mine is having a hardware issue? Does anyone have this problem?

Please help...

Thanks.

marco

I'm having a terrible time finding this charger. I wanted to use GB because it sounds like they have the latest version with dual fans, 3 pins on the tabs, etc.

Where can I find these newer versions? It's sold out everywhere i look(including GB)

Flashaholic

Default MC3000 vs C4

This is the first charger I've seen that might compare to MC3000

http://www.isdt.co/c4.html

Thoughts? Or maybe there's a third one that I don't know of. I'm just looking for the best multi-slot, all chemistry type charger on the market.

Default Re: MC3000 vs C4

Hard to compare this charger with the MC3000 that don't have color LCD, but can use C size and D size battery (and please note: only 2 D size batteries!)

Do not be fooled by the colorful display. It can only show one slot at a time.
    The charger has e.g. no memories.
    The battery slots are not length variable, because they have no sliders. I assume, that many protected cells will not fit. This is a no go!

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by sbj View Post
    Do not be fooled by the colorful display. It can only show one slot at a time.
    The charger has e.g. no memories.
    The battery slots are not length variable, because they have no sliders. I assume, that many protected cells will not fit. This is a no go!
    and only two 18650s at a time...

looks great, though.

Quote Originally Posted by 7histology View Post
    So any ideas on where to go to be SURE to get the LATEST - two cooling fans, three raised points on positive terminal - VERSION of the MC3000?
    Hello,
    This is my first post. I just subscribe because I am waiting to receive a SkyRC MC3000. I bought it at nkon.nl.

To answer your question I told them :
    "Hello,
    About my order no xxxx, please could you check to send me the latest version of the SkyRC MC3000 : two cooling fans and three rounded points on positive terminal.
    I am only interested by the latest version.

Thank you
    Regards"

And they answer to me :

"Hi,

That is the only version we have in stock. We checked them all.

Regards"

I don't know where you live but mine will be shipped to France.

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by Dubalgan View Post
    Hello,
    This is my first post. I just subscribe because I am waiting to receive a SkyRC MC3000. I bought it at nkon.nl.
    nkon seams to offer a very good price. I've bought a Powerex c9000 from him. Good price, No problem.
    I'm french too.

In the following french section I ask Dubalgan to share his review of MC3000 in the oldest discussion thread about batteries.

Dubalgan : si tu pouvais partager ton avis sur HFR ( https://forum.hardware.fr/hfr/electr...ujet_8_766.htm ), ce serait vraiment cool.
    Le MC3000 me fait de l'oeil depuis le dιbut !
    Simon uses chargers : Voltcraft Charge Manager 2020, Voltcraft UCT-50-5, SkyRC Imax B6, Ikea Ladda, Ikea Storhφgen , GP Smart Charger, Powerex MH-C9000, Panasonic BQ-CC09 & Nitecore D4 / Need a french translation ? -> PM

Hi

I just ordered one from NKON - they have the latest version. They also have great service - I got my previous version MC3000 from NKON too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubalgan View Post
    Hello,

To answer your question I told them :
    "Hello,
    About my order no xxxx, please could you check to send me the latest version of the SkyRC MC3000 : two cooling fans and three rounded points on positive terminal.
    I am only interested by the latest version.

Thank you
    Regards"

And they answer to me :

"Hi,

That is the only version we have in stock. We checked them all.

Regards"

I don't know where you live but mine will be shipped to France.
    EagTac M25C2 Turbo_VN_XPG2-PDTc version; SureFire UB3T Invictus; Nitecore SRT7; TrustFire X6; LumaPower MVP (3xCree) , Sunwayman V11R; 4Sevens Quark AA Tactical; Nitecore DI (R2, GDP, Q5); LiteFlux LF2XT-R2;

Wow, great to see this thread still going.
    I still have my original MC3000! Version 1.0 I guess, I had to do the fan mod (I cut all the grills off)
    It's tarnished up really badly now, but still no broken springs thankfully.

Good to know when it does snap one (and I guess it's only a matter of time) the new ones have a lot of great little modifications and enhacements.

Hey everyone just buying one now, I was happy to be your guinea pig ;-)

Unenlightened

Hi there! Maybe charger devs reading this thread. I have the first version of MC3000, and about falf of a year wrote to SkyRC's support with a question - where can i get spare minus terminal springs, because springs in my unit weaken in time. And also those little aluminum thermal sensor covers. They didn't answer. Maybe they answer me here?

Quote Originally Posted by sim_v View Post
    nkon seams to offer a very good price. I've bought a Powerex c9000 from him. Good price, No problem.
    I'm french too.

In the following french section I ask Dubalgan to share his review of MC3000 in the oldest discussion thread about batteries.

Dubalgan : si tu pouvais partager ton avis sur HFR ( https://forum.hardware.fr/hfr/electr...ujet_8_766.htm ), ce serait vraiment cool.
    Le MC3000 me fait de l'oeil depuis le dιbut !
    Hi,
    I received my MC3000 this week from NKON and I can confirm it is the latest version.

@sim_v : dιsolι mais je ne pense pas avoir le temps de faire une review sur HFR. Peut-κtre un retour rapide si j'ai du temps.

As soon as I have some time, I can send some pictures for those who are interested.

Unenlightened

Hi, all

I purchased a MC3000 a few days ago, and at first I was quite pleased with it.
    But, after a couple of days of moderate use, the slide #2 broke (first well known problem). The charger was powered, and the slot #1 had a 18650 in it; removing the battery an error messaged popped up: "MCP3424-1 Err" (2nd known problem).
    From now on, the charger is completely unusable.

I carefully opened it, and found the #2 pin completely shredded, the #3 pin partially broken and one of the mid screw barrels almost broken too.
    Not bad for a device just purchased.
    BTW, the main PCB is marked "MC3000 V1.6 2016-12-08"; according to the QC stamp, the production date is March, 2017.
    So, this is not the very last version (only one fan), but the spring defect should have been addressed.

Anyway, after a few measurements and tests, I found out that one MCP3424 (4-channel ADC) has failed; the board includes two of them, and the broken one served the slots #1 and #2.
    I think that handling the slide #1 (to remove the battery) after the slide #2 was broken, the hanging end of the spring touched the slide (or maybe some other parts) and made a short, blowing out the chip.

I've ordered a few spare chips and plan to replace the broken one in the next days.

I'll let you know if this solves the issue.

Regards,
    Lucio.

Unenlightened

Update: after replacing the MCP3424 chip, the "MCP3424-1 Err" Warning has gone (I guess a "MCP3424-2 Err" would pop out when the other chip fails).
    After a painful reassembly and a quick check, everything works fine.

I'll do a more thorough test as soon as I find the time.

Unenlightened

Hello, Lucio.

Good work.

But, where you buy a charger with PCB Ver 1.6 ?

Becouse from GB the PCB Rev. 2.2: http://forum.fonarevka.ru/showthread...=30657&page=61

BR,

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by inetchik View Post
    But, where you buy a charger with PCB Ver 1.6 ?
    Hi BR,

I bought it at a local store, here in Italy.
    They had just arrived in the store, so I didn't consider that they could be a little old.
    BTW, I didn't know about the device, so I had not done any research before buying it.

After a quick look at the link above, I see that the V2.2 PCB still obstructs the air flow from the fans. It look like a design flaw to me.
    The plastic spring pins look the same; the problem is, the plastic is too brittle. In my unit, it breaks quite easily.

Lucio.

Quote Originally Posted by Beckler View Post
    This is the first charger I've seen that might compare to MC3000

http://www.isdt.co/c4.html
    An ISDT C-4 charger? Is this for charging Samsung batteries?

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by mrrhh View Post
    An ISDT C-4 charger? Is this for charging Samsung batteries?
    What do you mean by Samsung batteries? They make more than 1 battery. Do you mean you have a Samsung 18650 battery and you want to charge it?

Does anyone know of a video or a post that explains how to change out the case for a broken plastic pin?

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Mp0w3r View Post
    Does anyone know of a video or a post that explains how to change out the case for a broken plastic pin?
    Take a look at post #4767 in this thread. Getting the display out of the old case was the hardest part for me. I had to heat it up quite a bit.

Frank

Page 169 of 171 FirstFirst ... 69119159162163164165166167168169170171 LastLast