RMSK, Inc.        
Page 101 of 166 FirstFirst ... 5191949596979899100101102103104105106107108111151 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,030 of 4958

Thread: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

  1. #3001

    Default SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

    I must say I really do like this charger, I never had a programmable charger before that can calculate charge discharge and i refreshed old battery's. Great buy for me.

    I baught the Amazon basics aa and aaa battery's (i suspect a from reading on the web these are Eneloop version1, they are made in Japan...)

    I don't know where to post.. Should I cycle them before or just put them in for work and recharge them when required ? What is the best way to keep them efficient?

    And another question, should I choose the Eneloop charging versus Nimh on the mh3000?

  2. #3002
    Flashaholic* TinderBox (UK)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,371

    Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

    A simple refresh should be enough, or do a discharge first at 0.2C, to see how much power was in the battery`s though i read Panasonic only charge eneloop to 80%

    Or just use them out of packet, but where is the fun in that with an nice new charger sitting there doing nothing.

    Go at it.

    EDIT: I just ordered 4 packs of Fuji 800/750mah AAA nimh, they are supposedly eneloops as well and have made in japan in big letters on the front of the packing.

    John.
    Last edited by TinderBox (UK); 04-10-2016 at 01:16 PM.
    SkyRC MC3000 - Maha C9000 - LaCrosse BC-900 - Floureon BT-C3100 V2.2 - Accumanger 10 and 20 -Thunder AC6
    LiitoKala Lii-100 - Cozypony 24W Solar Panel - Soshine H4 - Soshine T2 - Soshine E4S

  3. #3003

    Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    I must say I really do like this charger ... the Amazon basics aa and aaa battery's ...
    I like this charger too!

    HKJ reviewed the Amazon Basics, you can surf and find all of them. Here's AAA 750 mAh:

    http://lygte-info.dk/review/batterie...e%29%20UK.html

  4. #3004

    Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

    Quote Originally Posted by TinderBox (UK) View Post
    A simple refresh should be enough, or do a discharge first at 0.2C, to see how much power was in the battery`s though i read Panasonic only charge eneloop to 80%

    Or just use them out of packet, but where is the fun in that with an nice new charger sitting there doing nothing.

    Go at it.

    John.
    Quote Originally Posted by chemEJoe View Post
    I like this charger too!

    HKJ reviewed the Amazon Basics, you can surf and find all of them. Here's AAA 750 mAh:

    http://lygte-info.dk/review/batterie...e%29%20UK.html
    Thanks for the informations,

    Now I know where to look for great batterie reviews.

    I really still am not sure, can I select Eneloop program to charge the Amazon batteries ? Looking at the comparison page of a Eneloop battery curve and the Amazon basics they are exactly the same.

  5. #3005

    Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

    Those who care may pitch in please.

    Currently the sound produced by the charger are primitive single-pitch harmless beeps. Professional-like and cute, if you ask me. In beta mc3k's the sound was tunes, melodies, kinda loud or annoying, see typical hobby chargers, but i was surprised after all when the tunes got removed and changed to single-pitch beeps.

    iCharger, in comparison, alerts with a "Buzzer" for "certain events" (OFF|ON), alerts with a "Completion Ring" for finished charge/discharge routines (OFF|Beep5×|Beep3min|BeepAlwaysUntilManuallyStopped), and has a "Key Beep" (OFF|ON) for any key presses.

    What exactly is it that you'd wish for the mc3k?

    Currently, we have this (default values are underscored):
    GSV
    BEEP TONE: {OFF|1|2|…|15|16}


    How about the following idea in fw1.04:
    GSV
    KEY SOUND: {OFF|ON}
    EVENT SOUND: {OFF|ON}
    SOUND PITCH: {1|2|…|15|16}


    That's my simple idea. Still no melodies but the wording "SOUND" reserves the possibility to replace the beeps with something more tuneful in future.
    Good enough?
    Last edited by kreisl; 04-12-2016 at 06:33 AM.

  6. #3006
    Flashaholic tjh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Napier, New Zealand
    Posts
    247

    Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

    Looks good, but UI sound? It should be called "status sound" or event sound or similar - it's not related to the User Interface as such is it? Assuming that's meant for "job finished, error" type sounds.

    Otherwise yes, that's exactly what I'd hope for. I want to turn off the effing beeping when pressing buttons, but want to hear when a job is finished.

    Cheers.
    Last edited by tjh; 04-12-2016 at 04:31 AM.

  7. #3007

    Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

    Buttons are very clicky naturally, no need to have a beeping sound imho, job finished bips are annoying and too long, something shorter and less harsh would be great.

  8. #3008
    Flashaholic* TinderBox (UK)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,371

    Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

    I turned the key sounds off as it`s really annoying, but i do like the beep for end of each processes in a job (for the moment at least) and the long beep when the job is complete, I have firmware v1.3

    John.
    SkyRC MC3000 - Maha C9000 - LaCrosse BC-900 - Floureon BT-C3100 V2.2 - Accumanger 10 and 20 -Thunder AC6
    LiitoKala Lii-100 - Cozypony 24W Solar Panel - Soshine H4 - Soshine T2 - Soshine E4S

  9. #3009

    Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    Thanks for the informations,

    Now I know where to look for great batterie reviews.

    I really still am not sure, can I select Eneloop program to charge the Amazon batteries ? Looking at the comparison page of a Eneloop battery curve and the Amazon basics they are exactly the same.
    You're welcome ...

    I don't know the answer to your question.

    I would guess if you program in the correct parameters, the eneloop program is just preset. Kreisl or HKJ would know for sure.

    What you can do is just read the manual or HKJ's summary on the MC3000 review where he talks about NiMH charging:

    Search for "Small Programming Guide":

    http://lygte-info.dk/review/Review%2...3000%20UK.html

    And then compare to the Eneloop parameters. Also look upstream here and you'll see others advising on NiMH break_in, etc. You can just search this thread for "break" and you'll see lots of posts.

  10. #3010
    Enlightened
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    90

    Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

    I've only had mine for about two weeks; still learning it. It is actually on my list for this weekend to find the disable-beep setting. But I *hate* things that beep. The only things allowed to beep in my home are (a) safety related or (b) a certain human who finds it funny for some reason.

    I will say, even as a hater of beeps, the the MC30k's tone is harsh compared to other inorganic beep-makers.

  11. #3011
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Arizona, USA
    Posts
    145

    Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

    Another Newbob with the MC3000. Interesting unit. I'll have some major reading of this thread to learn how to use it.
    I downloaded the app and it seams to work easier than programming the unit directly.

    Lateck,

  12. #3012

    Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

    Looks like I'm going to have to open my MC3000 up.
    Had 4 batteries charging and I heard a pretty loud snapping sound. The charger then gave the battery connection broken message.
    Appears that the spring popped off or something else gave/broke inside because one slot has no spring/tension on the slider mechanism.

    Anyone else experience this? Just wondering what I have to look to look forward to. The charger is only 6 weeks old and not used much.


  13. #3013

    Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

    Quote Originally Posted by jpasint View Post
    Looks like I'm going to have to open my MC3000 up.
    Had 4 batteries charging and I heard a pretty loud snapping sound. The charger then gave the battery connection broken message.
    Appears that the spring popped off or something else gave/broke inside because one slot has no spring/tension on the slider mechanism.

    Anyone else experience this? Just wondering what I have to look to look forward to. The charger is only 6 weeks old and not used much.

    If you open it up yourself, your warranty will be void. Doesn't seem like a good idea. If I were you, just claim your warranty and have it replaced/repaired by the seller.

  14. #3014

    Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

    Quote Originally Posted by jpasint View Post
    Looks like I'm going to have to open my MC3000 up.
    Had 4 batteries charging and I heard a pretty loud snapping sound. The charger then gave the battery connection broken message.
    Appears that the spring popped off or something else gave/broke inside because one slot has no spring/tension on the slider mechanism.

    Anyone else experience this? Just wondering what I have to look to look forward to. The charger is only 6 weeks old and not used much.

    Opened it up and 3 out of 4 of those black pins that hold the springs are broken. I guess the other 2 of them were ready to break and removing their top support (the PC board) allowed the springs to break them while I was disassembling it.

    The charger must have taken a big hit or something for those to break because the PC board braces the pins so there really shouldn't be much flex in them to cause them to break at the base.

    I'm thinking maybe some JB weld would work?
    The thing is, one of the broken black pins has evaporated into thin air so I'll have to come up with something for that one.
    I think I still have some carbon fiber rod from some old RC control linkage that might fit the bill.

    Anyone else have to deal with this issue or am I the lucky one?

  15. #3015
    Flashaholic* TinderBox (UK)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,371

    Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

    2 part epoxy is the best as it goes hard as rock and can be filed and drilled.

    John.
    SkyRC MC3000 - Maha C9000 - LaCrosse BC-900 - Floureon BT-C3100 V2.2 - Accumanger 10 and 20 -Thunder AC6
    LiitoKala Lii-100 - Cozypony 24W Solar Panel - Soshine H4 - Soshine T2 - Soshine E4S

  16. #3016

    Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

    Quote Originally Posted by Wild4fire View Post
    If you open it up yourself, your warranty will be void. Doesn't seem like a good idea. If I were you, just claim your warranty and have it replaced/repaired by the seller.
    Thanks but too late for warranty now. Don't care too much about warranty since the charger isnt crazy expensive.

    I'm hoping someone that has dealt with this will chime in.

  17. #3017

    Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

    Quote Originally Posted by TinderBox (UK) View Post
    2 part epoxy is the best as it goes hard as rock and can be filed and drilled.

    John.
    Thanks. That's pretty much what JB Weld is.

  18. #3018

    Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

    Quote Originally Posted by jpasint View Post
    Thanks but too late for warranty now. Don't care too much about warranty since the charger isnt crazy expensive.

    I'm hoping someone that has dealt with this will chime in.
    Upstream on this thread, people have used the hole in the pcb to anchor the spring. If you study the pictures by the people who have done the fan mod, you will see how this can be done.

    I've had to open it 3 or 4 times to do the fan mod, as I had to adjust the grill a bit to remove fan noise.

    PS, I don't double your charger was handled roughly. My charger's plug female end is crooked, so the line in is at an angle.

    A few tips to get it back together:

    1. I do the springs on 2 rails at a time from each side. I use masking tape to lock down the non-spring side of the rails so one can work on the other ones.

    2. Take the hook side of the spring and set that through the slider first, then lock down the circular post side of the spring. Kreisl indicated if the hook is not centered on the rail slider hole, you will hear spring screeches. If you decide to use the pcb hole and skip gluing the posts back, you'll have to open up the circular side of the spring a bit.

    3. make sure you have the thermocouples lined up with their slots before you put the cover back on, else you will bend them and they will not touch the metal sensor ring. That ring, btw, can be removed from the outside, be careful prying it out. you may have to re-set the sensors shape so it locks back in, but that's easy. That way, you can just put a dab of thermal grease from the outside before you snap the sensor rings back in place, as a last step in the assembly. The thermalcouples will be just there, flush with the sensor ring surface if you've slotted them correctly. Avoids a mess.

    4. Also before putting the thing together, make sure your positive terminal sides are into the slots. I put it all together once with those behind the slots, and of course that was dumb.

    When 3 and 4 are all aligned, take out the masking tape with a jeweler's screwdriver or tweezers.

    Should be an easy fix, and rewarding because it's like a 3D puzzle.
    Last edited by chemEJoe; 04-16-2016 at 01:20 PM.

  19. #3019

    Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

    Quote Originally Posted by chemEJoe View Post
    Upstream on this thread, people have used the hole in the pcb to anchor the spring. If you study the pictures by the people who have done the fan mod, you will see how this can be done.

    I've had to open it 3 or 4 times to do the fan mod, as I had to adjust the grill a bit to remove fan noise.

    A few tips to get it back together:

    1. I do the springs on 2 rails at a time from each side. I use masking tape to lock down the non-spring side of the rails so one can work on the other ones.

    2. Take the hook side of the spring and set that through the slider first, then lock down the circular post side of the spring. Kreisl indicated if the hook is not centered on the rail slider hole, you will hear spring screeches. If you decide to use the pcb hole and skip gluing the posts back, you'll have to open up the circular side of the spring a bit.

    3. make sure you have the thermocouples lined up with their slots before you put the cover back on, else you will bend them and they will not touch the metal sensor ring. That ring, btw, can be removed from the outside, be careful prying it out. you may have to re-set the sensors shape so it locks back in, but that's easy. That way, you can just put a dab of thermal grease from the outside before you snap the sensor rings back in place, as a last step in the assembly. The thermalcouples will be just there, flush with the sensor ring surface if you've slotted them correctly. Avoids a mess.

    4. Also before putting the thing together, make sure your positive terminal sides are into the slots. I put it all together once with those behind the slots, and of course that was dumb.

    When 3 and 4 are all aligned, take out the masking tape with a jeweler's screwdriver or tweezers.

    Should be an easy fix, and rewarding because it's like a 3D puzzle.

    Thanks for the tips Joe. Very helpful indeed.
    I enjoy the challenge of putting such gadgets back together. Been doing this kind of stuff my whole life and get better at it with age.

  20. #3020
    Flashaholic* TinderBox (UK)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,371

    Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

    Hey what going on with these post breaking you'd think this was made in china or something.
    SkyRC MC3000 - Maha C9000 - LaCrosse BC-900 - Floureon BT-C3100 V2.2 - Accumanger 10 and 20 -Thunder AC6
    LiitoKala Lii-100 - Cozypony 24W Solar Panel - Soshine H4 - Soshine T2 - Soshine E4S

  21. #3021

    Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

    if i had broken pins i would put the 2 case halves on 1 new york times and take 1 clear photo showing serial number, date/day, pins, and forward the photo to the seller. the seller would then contact sky for a suggestion. sky would probably include free spare cases in the next shipment for the seller to handle the warranty situation. if the defect was a result of a careless moment during production assembly, e.g. the pins not seated in the pcb holes, then warranty will cover it. but also true, one shouldn't really open the charger on one's own.
    afaik sky doesn't have the resources like time and staff to serve end consumers on a 1 by 1 basis directly. their biz clients gather user reports, complaints and then submit them collectively every now and then i guess. so sky does deal with such problems in the end and looks for ways of remedy and correction in future . this also includes tiny modifications of the plastic cases.

    ive been hard testing my units. no problems with pins.
    you must have been lucky. there may be 2 or 3 other reports in a sales of 1000pcs. warranty covers it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TinderBox (UK) View Post
    Hey what going on with these post breaking you'd think this was made in china or something.
    no chinese can be perfect. it's different from any other language i am aware of.

  22. #3022

    Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

    Quote Originally Posted by kreisl View Post
    if i had broken pins i would put the 2 case halves on 1 new york times and take 1 clear photo showing serial number, date/day, pins, and forward the photo to the seller. the seller would then contact sky for a suggestion. sky would probably include free spare cases in the next shipment for the seller to handle the warranty situation. if the defect was a result of a careless moment during production assembly, e.g. the pins not seated in the pcb holes, then warranty will cover it. but also true, one shouldn't really open the charger on one's own.
    afaik sky doesn't have the resources like time and staff to serve end consumers on a 1 by 1 basis directly. their biz clients gather user reports, complaints and then submit them collectively every now and then i guess. so sky does deal with such problems in the end and looks for ways of remedy and correction in future . this also includes tiny modifications of the plastic cases.

    ive been hard testing my units. no problems with pins.
    you must have been lucky. there may be 2 or 3 other reports in a sales of 1000pcs. warranty covers it.


    no chinese can be perfect. it's different from any other language i am aware of.
    Thanks for the tip kreisl. I'll do the picture idea before I conduct a fix. Perhaps they'll send a new case that I can use later.
    Maybe I'll just hook the springs onto the PC board in the meantime.

  23. #3023
    Flashaholic* gyzmo2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    793

    Default SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

    Quote Originally Posted by jpasint View Post
    Thanks for the tip kreisl. I'll do the picture idea before I conduct a fix. Perhaps they'll send a new case that I can use later.
    Maybe I'll just hook the springs onto the PC board in the meantime.
    You can take a look at post 2698. No problem with mine since the repair.
    Sorry for my english. Acebeam k70, Armytek Predator -Dobermann Pro V3 XP-L HI and XHP35, Barracuda Pro V2 XP-L HI, Tiara A1 Pro V2 and C1 Pro V2, Wizard Pro V3 XHP50 and XPL, Partner C4 Pro v3 XHP35, Nitecore TM26, TM16GT, MH20, P12GT, SKYRC MC-3000..+++

  24. #3024

    Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

    I did also broke something on my charger, but I guess I am the culprit :
    I am in a process of charging/discharging "old" laptop 18650 (420 in total ) and some have some thin sticker glue at some place.
    During the charge/discharge the cell heat a litle and the glue become much more sticky and did attached to the temp sensor, so when I did removed the battery it did come with it

    This is my fault BUT this part of the charger is extremely fragile and can come off very easily!
    I did tried to stick it back with some glue but now this slot reports temperature off by 6-10°C....

    Great charger anyway.

  25. #3025
    Flashaholic* TinderBox (UK)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,371

    Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

    Has internal temperature anything to do with the plastic slider spring post failing (softening the plastic), did you guys get the old fan blow down or new fan blow up version?


    John.
    Last edited by TinderBox (UK); 04-17-2016 at 04:39 AM.
    SkyRC MC3000 - Maha C9000 - LaCrosse BC-900 - Floureon BT-C3100 V2.2 - Accumanger 10 and 20 -Thunder AC6
    LiitoKala Lii-100 - Cozypony 24W Solar Panel - Soshine H4 - Soshine T2 - Soshine E4S

  26. #3026

    Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

    Quote Originally Posted by gyzmo2002 View Post
    You can take a look at post 2698. No problem with mine since the repair.
    Thanks.

  27. #3027

    Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

    Quote Originally Posted by TinderBox (UK) View Post
    Has internal temperature anything to do with the plastic slider spring post failing (softening the plastic), did you guys get the old fan blow down or new fan blow up version?


    John.
    it was careless moment during assembly . pins not properly seated in pcb holes.

    nothing to do with temperatures.

    your question doubt answered herewith.


    moving on.

  28. #3028
    Flashaholic* TinderBox (UK)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,371

    Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

    Great answer, I can relax

    John.

    Quote Originally Posted by kreisl View Post
    it was careless moment during assembly . pins not properly seated in pcb holes.

    nothing to do with temperatures.

    your question doubt answered herewith.


    moving on.
    SkyRC MC3000 - Maha C9000 - LaCrosse BC-900 - Floureon BT-C3100 V2.2 - Accumanger 10 and 20 -Thunder AC6
    LiitoKala Lii-100 - Cozypony 24W Solar Panel - Soshine H4 - Soshine T2 - Soshine E4S

  29. #3029

    Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

    Regarding the 1.04 firmware : is there any way to test it as beta?

  30. #3030

    Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer



    btw there s a new youtube showing how updating of the firmware looks like

Page 101 of 166 FirstFirst ... 5191949596979899100101102103104105106107108111151 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •