RofisLight        
Page 154 of 163 FirstFirst ... 54104144147148149150151152153154155156157158159160161 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,620 of 4862

Thread: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

I just tried the Android app v3.3 in a Asus Zenfone 2, unexpectedly the app works perfectly normal.
    I then immediately tried again with my own phone (the Sony Xperia Z3), this time I notice something difference. Usually when I just click to open the app, the app will open and displayed a wrongly spell word "Enbled", an alphabet "a" missing.
    But this time, it displayed the full, correct spelling "Enabled", and it successfully detect the charger and run the app normally.

I am quite surprised by this, as I didn't change anything on the charger and on my phone. All I did was installed the app in a Asus Zenfone 2 and then the Asus phone successfully run the app, then I turned to my phone and tried again, this time my success too although previously it had failed many times.

The Asus Zenfone 2 is a 5.5" screen phone whereas the Sony Xperia Z3 is a 5.2" screen.
    I am wondering does the resolution dimension cause any issue on the charger or the app.

But now that I have successfully run the app, my problem should be solved now.

Quote Originally Posted by kreisl View Post
    imho . xstar is ok enough . as is opus and efest . littokala is so lala . vp4 plus nice flat fits into my drawer .
    You don't seem to be too excited about the Liitokala - may I ask why?

I'm considering buying an Accupower IQ328+, which according to my informations should be pretty much similar to the Liitokala.

Quote Originally Posted by Snotgople View Post
    may I ask why?
    i tested an early Lii500, you know, simple stuff like current measurement, and i wasn't satisfied with what i saw on my dmm. i gave it a fail, moved on and never looked back. 1R k.o. didn't reach the 2R.

in all fairness, of all my tested chargers only 2 models made it to 2R. and they are mucho mas expensive than any Lii model.

Ok, thanks for answering. Think I'll maybe throw the extra money and go for the SkyRC instead...

Kreisl, you were right, I didn't save the program. I have finally been able to charge my Panasonic Infinitum. I've posted the results on the Opus thread...

Again, thank you for your help...

How about your Pi?? Mine is logging pretty well... I'm using it also for other functions as well...

Regards!

Quote Originally Posted by cpa View Post
    How about your Pi?? Mine is logging pretty well... I'm using it also for other functions as well...

Thanks for the good news!

My Pi is still naked, which is why i put it back into its cute paper bag. My aluminum case order is still unshipped, i'll start looking for worthy alternatives np. Oh tiny update info, the dex ut61e project work has been initialized, it is happening cha!

Maybe it is possible to make the raspi start DEX logging mc3k through voice command? I am not sure how powerful voice control software nowadays is. ('Hey-pi, launch Data-Explorer, then start recording battery data')

Salu2cepe

Enlightened

ok.gonna sound kinda dumb here.

With a large 18650 cell and an attempt to perform a DISCHARGE amperage test with a VMM, from what I have now read I can only assume that the calibration and VMM will not work while the cell is actually inside the unit, connected to the front plate and the spring loaded negative bar.
    I have read that
    - The voltage must pass from the positive bar of the charger, through the cables of the VMM and then connect to the positive end of the cell/battery in question.

So how do you check amperage discharge, as part of the calibration process with a given cell?
    Pictures please?

Will alligator clips be involved or just probes?

Quote Originally Posted by Benediction View Post
    ok.gonna sound kinda dumb here.

With a large 18650 cell and an attempt to perform a DISCHARGE amperage test with a VMM, from what I have now read I can only assume that the calibration and VMM will not work while the cell is actually inside the unit, connected to the front plate and the spring loaded negative bar.
    I have read that
    - The voltage must pass from the positive bar of the charger, through the cables of the VMM and then connect to the positive end of the cell/battery in question.

So how do you check amperage discharge, as part of the calibration process with a given cell?
    Pictures please?

Will alligator clips be involved or just probes?
    With battery inside, put on the negative contact two pieces of tinfoil(or some conductive metal sheet), and a piece of paper between them to prevent contact. Connect aligator clips to each of them and profit

Quote Originally Posted by DeJaVu View Post
    With battery inside, put on the negative contact two pieces of tinfoil(or some conductive metal sheet), and a piece of paper between them to prevent contact. Connect aligator clips to each of them and profit
    Here 3 pics for illustration:

Slider needs to be insulated, for example with paper or unshrunk heat shrink sleeve. Connect red wire (DMM positive lead "+") to lower end of battery with or without addition of a short low-resistance metal thing, for example a piece of copper cable. Connect black wire (DMM negative lead "-") directly to tip of slider. DMM is now connected in series with battery in logical direction: charging the battery will return a positive amperage reading, discharging it a negative reading.

Sent from my Xiaomi phone
    Last edited by kreisl; 03-22-2017 at 04:38 AM.

Enlightened

Thanks all,

Electrical tape + thin cardboard for non-conductive worked.
    And a bent no sheath wire (as in Kreisl pictures above) worked fine.

with or without addition of a short low-resistance metal thing, for example a piece of copper cable
    just commenting… by the way, maybe interesting/important to know, the resistance of the metal thing (if one chooses to use one) does not matter too much! Neither does the resistance of the DMM.

wha?

Because batteries have resistance too. So the slot does not know where the total resistance comes from: battery only? or battery plus contacts plus metal thingy plus DMM plus etc?

If the total resistance is higher, than the slot presses harder to make the user-wanted current flow flow. after all it measures the actual current, doesn't it? when you follow the traces on the pcb, you will see that the current measurement takes place right behind the battery. in line. in series. as it should be.

so if there is a higher resistance, the slot would compensate through a higher slot voltage or something or whatever and also regulate that the current itself remains constant.

pretty beautiful, if you ask me

lol

@kreisl, do you know if is possible to connect the mc3000 to the DEX via Bluetooth instead of USB port???
    If this is not possible, could you ask for this feature to the Dex's developer team???

This would be great, because you don't need to have the charger near the pi or PC...

What do you think??

i get your idea, thanks for the thought, i'll ask np but not request. Bluetooth is not a reliable protocol for logging imho (for example smartphone's bluetooth app) and in the DEX preferences there is Serial Configuration and "skip bluetooth devices" option item, which hints at that such a logging possibility was already considered and ruled out by the author. i'll ask anyway.

btw right now i am testing win-dex logging ut61e. it works! got implemented so fast, hilarious fantastic. but it is a team effort to make the implementation as mature/satisfactory as mc3k's implementation. not sure how long it'll take for the maturation (mc3k implementation in dex took about 1 full year with heavy testing and debugging rounds omg) but the next dex release version will have ut61e initial support already yay!

Flashaholic*

I was all but ready to pull the trigger on the Opus 3100 today, and then I saw a deal on the mc3000 for $79. I know that the SkyRC is a much better charger than the Opus, but reading this thread concerns me about the complexity. Is the charger designed with a "simple mode" that will allow simple charging and capacity testing and then allow me to ease into the programmable but fun stuff? I think I even saw that someone created a cheat sheet for operating the mc3000. I have little doubt that I will become as wonky with this charger as many others seem to have, I am just looking for a little convincing.
    SD26vn, T6vn, U21vn#2, TN30vn35#2, K40Lvn, K40Mvn, U21vn#1, MK35vn, TN30vn50, X7vn, X45vn, EC50vn, EC60vn, D25Cvn, ToolvnCu, EC60vn, SC63w, T21vn, U11vn, TX25Cvn, S200C2vn & C22Cvn. Charger: SkyRC, MiBoxer C2-3000

Flashaholic* MidnightDistortions's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brighterthanthesun View Post
    I was all but ready to pull the trigger on the Opus 3100 today, and then I saw a deal on the mc3000 for $79. I know that the SkyRC is a much better charger than the Opus, but reading this thread concerns me about the complexity. Is the charger designed with a "simple mode" that will allow simple charging and capacity testing and then allow me to ease into the programmable but fun stuff? I think I even saw that someone created a cheat sheet for operating the mc3000. I have little doubt that I will become as wonky with this charger as many others seem to have, I am just looking for a little convincing.
    Where is this MC3000 $79 deal?
    LED Lights: ThruNite TN4A, Coast HP7, LEDLenser T7, Fenix E25, Fenix LD41, Maglite 2D, Maglite XL50, Maglite 3D (3rd Gen), AA MiniMaglite Pro+
    Chargers: Maha C9000, La Crosse BC1000, Panasonic BQ-CC17, Eneloop user.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightDistortions View Post
    Where is this MC3000 $79 deal?
    Did some Googling, and found it.

Two codes (sounds like either work, I used the top one) - 12% off, for use on Gearbest.com:
    GB17LED
    GBCHS
    https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...arger-(-79-19)

Just ordered one myself (included free 3-7 day shipping )
    Last edited by ElectroPulse; 03-26-2017 at 12:46 AM.

So I just got my SkyRc MC3000 in the mail and I think there's something wrong with the fan, it has a buzzing sound coming from it, I took a video of what the fan sounds like.

Flashaholic* MidnightDistortions's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ElectroPulse View Post

Two codes (sounds like either work, I used the top one) - 12% off, for use on Gearbest.com:
    GB17LED
    GBCHS
    https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...arger-(-79-19)

Just ordered one myself (included free 3-7 day shipping )
    Thanks, tried registering at gearbest but they won't send the confirmation email. Maybe i gotta wait till Monday.
    LED Lights: ThruNite TN4A, Coast HP7, LEDLenser T7, Fenix E25, Fenix LD41, Maglite 2D, Maglite XL50, Maglite 3D (3rd Gen), AA MiniMaglite Pro+
    Chargers: Maha C9000, La Crosse BC1000, Panasonic BQ-CC17, Eneloop user.

Quote Originally Posted by Mp0w3r View Post
    So I just got my SkyRc MC3000 in the mail and I think there's something wrong with the fan, it has a buzzing sound coming from it, I took a video of what the fan sounds like.

Yes, there is a problem indeed... I think is some glue. Just open the case and look what is happened. I guess is easy to fix it...

Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 / CES 2016 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Do I have to remove the rubber feet? Also will this void the warranty if I open the unit?

Quote Originally Posted by ElectroPulse View Post

GB17LED
    GBCHS
    temporary and unauthorized deal

nice stunt, GB

unbelievable them
    Last edited by kreisl; 03-26-2017 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightDistortions View Post
    Thanks, tried registering at gearbest but they won't send the confirmation email. Maybe i gotta wait till Monday.
    Check your spam folder maybe? I got the email within 1-2 minutes (this was my first purchase with them, so set up my account just before making it).

temporary and unauthorized deal

nice stunt, GB

unbelievable them
    Hmm... both codes aren't working? That's strange, it worked just last night (2am-ish MST) for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Mp0w3r View Post
    Do I have to remove the rubber feet? Also will this void the warranty if I open the unit?
    Warranty? What warranty? Kind of depends where you are and where it came from. If you are in the US for example and it came direct from China....you essentially have no warranty because it is too expensive to send back to China. But, if you bought it from a US supplier, you "might" get some help.

Sounds like a wire or something internal rubbing the blades.
    Bummer. Good luck.

For others who get units with this same problem, could you be so kind as to post the solution?
    Thx
    Last edited by OttaMattaPia; 03-26-2017 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snotgople View Post
    You don't seem to be too excited about the Liitokala - may I ask why?

I'm considering buying an Accupower IQ328+, which according to my informations should be pretty much similar to the Liitokala.
    I have an AccuPower IQ338XL.
    Let me just say, it has some issues. Not so accurate. Vastly different charge and discharge values on the same battery...in different slots.

You may still be able to get a Square Trade Warranty for your MC3000.

After purchasing a MC3000 directly from China , the shipment became lost. Receiving a refund or store credit, I then purchased a MC3000 from Progressive RC for $99.95 with free US shipping. For an additional $15.00 purchased a 3 year Square Trade Warranty.

Sort of strange when purchasing directly from China, the MC3000 was held at US Customs for over a month until it became lost in US mail.

Here's a site I came across that has Raspberry PI modules and parts.
    https://www.adafruit.com/categories/813

________ Words of Caution when operating battery chargers that plug into VAC using AC/DC adapters.

One thing I learned about chargers that use an AC/DC adapter. Is you don't want to plug the DC plug directly into the charger when the adapter is hot, plugged into AC.

Some op manuals have this as fine print in the op instructions.

I have an Opus charger where I re-plugged the dc plug into the charger several times, now the fan runs all the time. I noticed very small sparks that lept from the dc plug to the charger while plugging the dc plug into the charger.

Most of these chargers aren't well electrically insulated / isolated and don't have the necessary electronics to prevent any power feedback into the main pcb.

I haven't had any problems with the MC3000. What you can do to observe this phenomenon with a charger you have. Position the charger with ac/dc power supply in a dark room. Insert the DC plug directly into the charger, you should observe a very small spark between the dc plug and the charger. Potentially the spark is difficult to detect. Plugging in the dc plug when hot creates a from very light to heavier arching between the dc plug and charger.

Last edited by usrnam; 03-29-2017 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by usrnam View Post
    You may still be able to get a Square Trade Warranty for your MC3000.
    You know....I hadn't thought of that but THAT might be the way to go. $115.00 with a 3 year REAL warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by maukka View Post
    That's very clever. I'd been using my older MC3000 with snapped posts with some random pieces of fill to achieve contact. Took it apart and put some cable ties in there, but must've shorted something out while putting it back together since now I get the following error from the ADC (MCP3424-1 Err). Tried reassembling it and checking that everything's ok, but the charger doesn't seem to recover from it. At least I have a spare...
    I've heard of this happening to various people over and over.

Wouldn't it be a smart idea BEFORE powering it back up to use a multimeter to make sure there is no continuity between the positive and negative posts?

If there it, it is shorted (very bad). If not, you should be good to go.

Hi All,
    I have just purchased this charger/analyzer. I am still learning it, but I have 2 questions:
    -I have initialized a Li-Ion refresh program via the android Bluetooth app. at the end, there are different capacity results on the mobile app compared with the charger's screen. So which is the valid one? (assume the charger's).
    -another issue is that the FAN is really loud. but it seems like something is blocking it..
    thank you!

hehe i am guessing that i know the culprit but lemme let others solve the mistery

btw welcome to dee owner's club

Come on don't keep us in suspense , what's causing it?

Page 154 of 163 FirstFirst ... 54104144147148149150151152153154155156157158159160161 ... LastLast