Jetbeam        
Page 171 of 171 FirstFirst ... 71121161164165166167168169170171
Results 5,101 to 5,117 of 5117

Thread: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Flashaholic

Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 / CES 2016 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongway View Post
    I still have 1.13 firmware. I don't have any LTO cells so is it worth me upgrading to 1.14? As I can't find a changes list I don't know if anything else was added/changed/repaired.
    Post #6 in this thread has a list of the changes in FW 1.14.

Frank

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by fmc1 View Post
    Post #6 in this thread has a list of the changes in FW 1.14.

Frank
    Ahh thanks. I was looking on the SkyRC site for a list.

Unenlightened

DDV not present in FW1.14.
    Last edited by inetchik; 06-26-2018 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by inetchik View Post
    DDV not present in FW1.14.
    I wish there was a changelog on the first page of this thread... :P

Flashaholic

Wow. tl;dr

From what I could comprehend after reading some posts and searching in this thread I decided to buy a SkyRC MC3000 off eBay. It came in fast and I had it running the second night I had it. Much more options to charge and condition my batteries. I found the simplistic recording app from SkyRC not well developed and I didn't use it. I was able to update the firmware quite easily. I am finally figuring how to set up the different charging programs for the different cells I have on hand which isn't much. I just bought a Uniden BCD436HP scanner so I stocked up on some Eneloop Pro AA cells. i already have a bunch of 18650 Li-ion cells of varying capacities and age so I'm checking on how much capacity they still have after all these years.

I have a MAHA MH-c808m that I sent back for repair and that worked out well for 6 years until it would not charge on three of the charging bays. I also have a Pila IBC charger that worked out fine after all these years charging my 18650 cells. But now I want to really understand how well my cells are doing and to keep them in top shape. I also bought a Xtar Dragon VP4 prior to the SkyRC MC3000 as I liked the different options it had. So I will be set up well enough into the future with all these chargers on hand to keep my cells running well. Thanks for all the info that I was able to read on this huge thread. It gave me a better understanding on what I should be doing and keeping my eye on. Aloha and mahalo!

Enlightened

• (k#90) in TOV, not clicking <UP/DOWN> but long-pressing the button should invoke DDV (CONFIRMED, FIXED, TESTED)

Why has it been changed?

Can someone post a link to the latest version of this charger please?

Quote Originally Posted by STIXXXXX View Post
    • (k#90) in TOV, not clicking <UP/DOWN> but long-pressing the button should invoke DDV (CONFIRMED, FIXED, TESTED)

Why has it been changed?
    Because when using the program shortcuts UP/Down + SNB , you had a big chance ending in DDV instead, if the timing of pressing both buttons wasnt perfectly synchronized.

Unenlightened

Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Quote Originally Posted by luciof View Post
    Update: after replacing the MCP3424 chip, the "MCP3424-1 Err" Warning has gone (I guess a "MCP3424-2 Err" would pop out when the other chip fails).
    After a painful reassembly and a quick check, everything works fine.

I'll do a more thorough test as soon as I find the time.
    Just wondering, I don't suppose there are any further updates to this problem?
    My unit has been working fine getting minimal use, admittedly connected to a bunch of 12V batteries powered by a solar panel (via a regulator).

Despite the input voltage range of the charger saying 11-18V, and my input never being below 12V (there's a car battery and 8 x 7.2Ah 12V SLA batteries connected to an 80W solar panel only running this charger), it's quite common to get a "Low Voltage Warning" when I connect the power to the MC3000 - but it goes away and operates - er - has operated - fine when I just hit the Return key.

I left a single NIMH AA battery charging in slot 1 (0.7A) - it finished charging yesterday but I left it in there - and this morning I come to get it and see the MCP3424-1 Err message.

I don't know of any damage to the spring-holding posts, and I've not opened the case at all (yet).

I guess I'll have to try to replace the MCP3424 chip - but just thought I should check for any updates on the topic, and share my experience.

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by DeJaVu View Post
    Because when using the program shortcuts UP/Down + SNB , you had a big chance ending in DDV instead, if the timing of pressing both buttons wasnt perfectly synchronized.
    Ah, thanks. I never knew you could use the shortcuts, when a slot is already charging. Makes sense then

Hello,
    Do you know if I have to redo my calibration procedure after firmware update ?

Thank you

So.... My plug was still on and I plugged in my charger. Little blue spark and nothing from the charger! Power brick still shows red LED but charger is dead. Any ideas?

Tested the brick with a multi, still putting out 15V DC.
    Last edited by wheniwake; 08-23-2018 at 04:26 PM.

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by Dubalgan View Post
    Hello,
    Do you know if I have to redo my calibration procedure after firmware update ?

Thank you
    Hi, no need to redo calibration.

Hello, which settings would you advice for standard AA eneloops? After reading a bit through the forums, I configured for Refresh cycle (via BT):

Capacity: off
    Charge current: 1A
    Discharge current: 0,4A
    Charge cut current: 0,1A
    Discharge cut current: 0,4A
    Charge cut voltage: 1,65V
    Discharge cut voltage: 1V
    Cut temp: 45C
    Cut time: off
    Rest time: 15m
    Restart voltage: OFF
    Delta V: 3mV
    Tricke C: OFF

Should I for example set the Capacity, Cut time (as a safety measure). Are the other values OK?

Thanks
    Peter

Hi everyone!
    I am fairly new to the LiIon batteries and have recently acquired a SkyRC MC3000 charger. Which I have found to be exceptional.
    I have read almost through the whole thread, and did some research online on the charger, features, data logging, connection and so forth.

I have played around with it doing some datalogging on my Window Computer with DEX, and have initiated the process of setting up a Raspi 2 B for logging data without the need for an external computer. I have done extensive searching to put the required pieces of information together on how to set up the whole system.

I would like to have the Pi to work as an external datalogging without the need of user intervention for later data retrieval.

So far, I have not found any detailed instructions on how to accomplish what I would like to achieve. These are the main things I would like the system to perform:

• Upon plugging the Raspberry, it should automatically start DEX (for which there are some instructions).
    • It should also start automatically data retrieval.
    • It should automatically save datalogs (continuously or every xx time) a .CSV (preferred) or .OSD to a specified folder.
    • It should have a shutdown button to stop logging, close DEX and shutdown Raspbian (this could be accomplished by some scripting and digital inputs).
    • It could be a great addition to have DEX incrementally change folder or filename of output upon the push of a button (to log data from a different set of batteries and keep track of them.)

If you could launch DEX using command line, specifying device and output that could help.
    Perhaps there is a better alternative which is to dump raw data coming from the charger into a CSV file (Python?).

I will really appreciate if you could share your updated implementations. Please feel free to move this post into a new thread if you feel like so.

Thank you!

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Gaudi View Post
    Hi everyone!
    I am fairly new to the LiIon batteries and have recently acquired a SkyRC MC3000 charger. Which I have found to be exceptional.
    I have read almost through the whole thread, and did some research online on the charger, features, data logging, connection and so forth.

I have played around with it doing some datalogging on my Window Computer with DEX, and have initiated the process of setting up a Raspi 2 B for logging data without the need for an external computer. I have done extensive searching to put the required pieces of information together on how to set up the whole system.

I was also thinking about combining a raspberry pi with a skyrc mc3000 to do some nice (low power) data logging. Please post about your progress (and results)!

Quote Originally Posted by pse View Post
    Hello, which settings would you advice for standard AA eneloops? After reading a bit through the forums, I configured for Refresh cycle (via BT):

Capacity: off
    Charge current: 1A
    Discharge current: 0,4A
    Charge cut current: 0,1A
    Discharge cut current: 0,4A
    Charge cut voltage: 1,65V
    Discharge cut voltage: 1V
    Cut temp: 45C
    Cut time: off
    Rest time: 15m
    Restart voltage: OFF
    Delta V: 3mV
    Tricke C: OFF

Should I for example set the Capacity, Cut time (as a safety measure). Are the other values OK?

Thanks
    Peter
    AACycler did some interesting tests that might help you determine the optimal settings.

For charge current: http://aacycler.com/post/high-current-vs-low-current/
    For charge cut current voltage: http://aacycler.com/post/discharge-cut-off-comparison/
    For Delta V: http://aacycler.com/post/charge-algorithm-comparison/

For LSD (Low self discharge) cells HKJ prefers no trickle charge.

To prevent overcharge I would set a maximum capacity and cut time.

Edit: Also some information from HKJ's review of this device:

NiMH

Be careful with charge current, using anything below 0.3C will probably miss termination on AA/AAA cells. I mostly uses around 0.5C.
    To keep the cells safe if the terminations is missed use a capacity limit between 130% and 150% of the cells capacity and a timer cutoff calculated as capacity/current*1.4, i.e. for a 2000mA cell at 1A it is 2000/1000*1.4 -> 2.8 hours -> 2 hours 48 minutes.
    FOr NiMH the -dv/dt setting must be as low as possible, I used 3mV for my test, but a lower value might be even better. Too low value will not damage the cell, but might give early termination.
    LSD cells do not need any trickle charge, for other cells a 10mA trickle charge can be used, but it not really needed either (Some manufactures recommend a time limited trickle charge after a -dv/dt charge).

Official termination voltage for NiMH when discharging to measure capacity is 1 volt, but there is no problem going lower (like 0.8 volt).

With NiMH the cycle mode can be used to refresh cells that has been unused for some times.

break_in is the official way to measure capacity, but this will first work when the charger software is fixed.
    Last edited by NiMHi; 09-10-2018 at 10:47 AM.

Page 171 of 171 FirstFirst ... 71121161164165166167168169170171