SunwayLED        
Page 3 of 158 FirstFirst 123456789101353103 ... LastLast

Thread: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Default Re: 2nd gen dreamcharger presented on IFA Berlin 2014…

Ok, still no pictures?

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by _UPz View Post
    Ok, still no pictures?
    Now that I've seen the XTAR VP4 we need Pics, Price, and Postal Delivery for this one.

And do we know if it charges D cells too?

Quote Originally Posted by StandardBattery View Post
    Now that I've seen the XTAR VP4 we need Pics, Price, and Postal Delivery for this one.
    EagTac M25C2 Turbo_VN_XPG2-PDTc version; SureFire UB3T Invictus; Nitecore SRT7; TrustFire X6; LumaPower MVP (3xCree) , Sunwayman V11R; 4Sevens Quark AA Tactical; Nitecore DI (R2, GDP, Q5); LiteFlux LF2XT-R2;

Quote Originally Posted by 7histology View Post
    And do we know if it charges D cells too?
    I herewith guarantee that one could charge simultaneously for example:
    [code]M1: 1x18650
    M2: 1xD (or 1x32650)
    M3: 1x18650
    M4: 1xD (or 1x32650)[/code]

In words: it is possible to charge up to two D nimh cells at a time without adapters. The remaining two slots can be filled with 18650's. Alternatively, it is possible to charge up to two 32650 liion cells at a time without adapters and have the remaining two slots filled with 18650's. Depending on their actual diameters 26650 may fit next to D cell or 32650 cell. Another guaranteed working example:
    [code]M1: 1x32650 (or 1xD)
    M2: 1x18650
    M3: 1x26650
    M4: 1x26650[/code]

DC2 photo(s) from IFA are posted on other folums, i have no photo credit sollie

EDIT:
    Since i don't have original Panasonic 26650's or Sanyo 32650's at home, i tested the battery fitment with D-cells (Ø32.99mm) and C-cells (Ø26.49mm) and am extremely pleased to report that the following configurations work 100% fine too:

[code]M1: 1xD (or 1x33730)
    M2: 1xC (or 1x26730)
    M3: 1xC (or 1x26730)
    M4: 1xD (or 1x33730)

*preferred*[/code]

and also:
    [code]M1: 1xD (or 1x33730)
    M2: 1xC (or 1x26730)
    M3: 1xD (or 1x33730)
    M4: 1xC (or 1x26730)

*awkward lol*[/code]

When fully pressed down, the D cells would touch the C cells. However it is possible to lift/shift the D cells 0.5-1mm so that the D-C-adjacent cells do not touch each other anymore.
    Last edited by kreisl; 10-14-2014 at 03:52 AM.

So, with no pictures, I am getting confused ... so, just to be clear, this thread is referring to THIS charger reviewed by HKJ

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...-BT-C3100-V2-1

RIGHT?

And available here

http://www.gearbest.com/chargers-bat.../pp_71595.html

also RIGHT?
    Last edited by 7histology; 09-09-2014 at 12:10 AM. Reason: clarity
    EagTac M25C2 Turbo_VN_XPG2-PDTc version; SureFire UB3T Invictus; Nitecore SRT7; TrustFire X6; LumaPower MVP (3xCree) , Sunwayman V11R; 4Sevens Quark AA Tactical; Nitecore DI (R2, GDP, Q5); LiteFlux LF2XT-R2;

i am giving up

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by 7histology View Post
    So, with no pictures, I am getting confused ... so, just to be clear, this thread is referring to THIS charger reviewed by HKJ

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...-BT-C3100-V2-1

RIGHT?

And available here

http://www.gearbest.com/chargers-bat.../pp_71595.html

also RIGHT?
    No this thread is discussing a new mystery charger.

No this thread is discussing a new mystery charger.
    Not that mysterious anymore, as can be seen on the German "taschenlampen-forum" it is from SKYRC and called MC3000

I would expect a price above $100
    My website with battery and charger information: lygte-info.
    More than 1000 reviews of batteries, charges and other stuff.
    Compare 18650 LiIon batteries or smaller (RCR123, 16340, 14500, 10450) LiIon batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by HKJ View Post
    Not that mysterious anymore, as can be seen on the German "taschenlampen-forum" it is from SKYRC and called MC3000

I have to admit not getting it initially either, but I caught on a little bit quicker than some other members.
    Glad someone finally cleared that up once and for all. Kreisl: perhaps changing the original title might help.
    Last edited by oKtosiTe; 09-09-2014 at 01:27 AM.

and called MC3000
    for confusion purposes i'll continue to call it DC2 when i write about it

Quote Originally Posted by oKtosiTe View Post
    Kreisl: Perhaps changing the original title might help.
    oki agreed

Quote Originally Posted by kreisl View Post
    for confusion purposes i'll continue to call it DC2 when i write about it

oki agreed
    That was quick.

Now I am confused - with the changed title it took me a while to find this thread again. Still, good to finally have specifics on maker and model. Seems like a visit to the German forum might be worthwhile.

Edit>> Wow - a photo at last! Looks nice. Big, but nice. It would be nice to see a group buy on this charger.
    Last edited by Dubois; 09-09-2014 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by _UPz View Post
    ... I have my own idea about it, but I'll wait to see if the folks visiting berlin IFA confirms my suspicions.
    I was right with my own suspicions then

SkyRC, being the original developers and manufacturers of the iconic Imax B6 will give us a great tool, I'm 100% confident.

Any link to TLF pics or something?

Cheers!

Where are we finding pics? May I suggest (or rather: request) a bit of a more informative update on the first post? Pictures, charts and specs usually draw some more people in; people who might have relevant questions or information ^^

As for price, not that interested in it. I already ditched my fair share of $10 - $30 chargers that have their issues... Quality components and good design come at a price. I've tinkered enough in electronics (actually did my first two years of university in electrical engineering @TUE) to know how to blow up electronics and set off the fire alarm

Another thing; My MH-C9000 (nimh only) is amazing but whenever it's on, the LCD backlight is on and it's bright. If you charge batteries overnight that's annoying as hell. The Nitecore i4 v2 is even worse, with both blue and amber leds that appear to be brighter than a thousand suns, but that might be a subjective measurement based on how dark I prefer my bedroom to be.

So a very important question: will this charger be able to charge in the dark? Or do I have to take out my black marker again?
    Last edited by TweakMDS; 09-09-2014 at 10:30 AM.

Your request is noted. I am going to look for pics or photos, no problem! At some point i am gonna post a complete comparison table of parameter ranges between Opus DC1, iCharger, and Skyrc DC2. In the meantime please everybody feel free to ask questions, it seems that i am able to answer most of your questions

Quote Originally Posted by TweakMDS View Post
    So a very important question: will this charger be able to charge in the dark? Or do I have to take out my black marker again?
    Lol
    Long-pressing the lower left button forwards to the General Settings menu, called SETUP. There one of the (few) items is called DISPLAY with the 5 reasonable options {OFF|Always On|1|3|5}min which refer to the duration of the background lighting.
    When i run my C9000 overnight, i cover the bright LCD with a postcard. And once i close my eyes, my brains see nothing but black

Quote Originally Posted by TweakMDS View Post
    Where are we finding pics?
    The photo I referred to was on the German flashlight forum - I just googled the SKYRC and the model number. Oddly enough, the photo didn't appear when I used the Google translate function, but did show up when looked at au naturel, so to speak. I don't think CPF rules allow cross posting to another forum.

Flashaholic*

Interesting. Bassed on their similar AA/AAA charger though it seems even this company has a few things to work on to make this the true dream charger. I guessing though their experience with that charger will go a longway towards making this one pretty fine at the starting gate.

That's what I would expect too based on their other prices, but hopefully somehow it's much lower.

Quote Originally Posted by shelm View Post
    Does the new charger support this obsolete cylindrical batt chem?
    no, i go is not supported. unless actual users do request it. then it would be easy enough i guess to add this obscure battery type in an updated firmware.

Another day, another google search - and some more photos. This time from the excellent Spanish forum, foroLinternas . Look like snaps from the stand at IFA (but I could be wrong, I haven't read the thread).

their experience with that charger will go a longway towards making this one pretty fine at the starting gate.
    there are some obvious improved exterior details e.g. on the backside the quality/noise of the cooling fan, its smart control (can be adjusted in general settings menu), the kickstand mechanism:

Above was a backside comparison with the Nietcore i4. The white scuffs and scratches on these old pics are from the 3D-printer model prototype. See now the backside comparison with the BT-C3100. Can you tell some difference?

Height comparison maha C9000, xtar XP4, nietcore i4, and (shorter) prototype:
    Last edited by kreisl; 09-12-2014 at 12:36 AM.

Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Thanks for the pictures! ^^ It looks a lot bigger than current bay chargers on the market. I wonder about the noise levels compared to Opus BT-C3100 since it also has an internal fan.

SkyRC, I guessed right! (*´▽`*) It would be very interesting to see how it performs in terms of accuracy beside some hobby chargers.

Do you know if it has user-adjustable hysteresis control for the fan? Given so many different charging conditions I think it would be a nice feature. I wonder too, how friendly the UI is?

I admit I am a little disappointed to hear no PC link for Apple and Linux users. Do you know if support for these platforms is planned?
    Last edited by Chloe; 09-11-2014 at 04:27 AM.

Hello Chloe, you're asking the right questions, thanks for your interest!

I'll have 1 or 2 more of the old pics posted by tomorrow, they may serve as reference for now. The final production version is a bit longer and comes in a fully dark color scheme

While the internal fan of BT-C3100 sounded like a motor and the one of NC2500 like a high-pitched flyer, the MC3000 fan noise is much lower in pitch and volume. It is still very audible at full speed, say 4x(-1.0A) discharge, but i would call it a clear improvement. It is not as loud as iCharger's internal fan at 1x(-4.0A) discharge! The fan speed (=noise) varies with the internal temperature. At lower temps the fan rotates slower and rather silent.

I've seen firmware with user-adjustable fan control hysteresis in the general settings menu yes. Afaicr the default setting is automatic On at 40.1°C internal temperature and automatic Off at 34.9°C.

The device is imho clearer to operate than a hobby charger. In the general settings menu, beginners can turn off the Advanced Menu of SPV (Slot Programming View) in order to hide some of the (unnecessary? ;=) advanced parameters in SPV. Since this basic operation mode hides default values, personally i prefer to operate the charger with "Advanced Menu: On" for full control and knowledge over all ~17 parameters and their respective options. Imho the UI is user-friendly and well-designed and an improvement over hobby chargers. And to me, it is much fun to operate! Or, you can operate the charger from your WinPC. That's even more user-friendly.

I don't know if support for Apple and Linux users is planned. iCharger's PC Link software (Logview/Logview Studio) is for WinPC only, so I sold my Linux and Apple and got an Android instead. Remote control via smartphone, Apple/Linux connectivity problem solved, so please don't be disappointed

The topic of accuracy is taken seriously and constantly being addressed. Once we're getting closer to release date, i should be able to detail on it and present a comparison to dedicated hobby chargers and also BT-C3100. Stay tuned
    Last edited by kreisl; 09-19-2014 at 02:36 PM.

Nice photos Kreisl, thanks. One question on the battery holder. I'm fed up trying to squeeze my longer 18650 cells into (and out of) my I4 charger - what are the sliders like on the MC3000? Will longer cells fit easily?

Looks good... I'm not a fan of mixed chemistry charging and fancy bluetooth and functionality though...

This company makes more than chargers, they also have bluetooth controlled watt-meter and led bulbs.

The display seems to be very detailed, showing chemistry, capacity, mode and current at the same time.

I think this is just too much for some..
    Last edited by richardcpf; 09-12-2014 at 01:45 AM.

Massively-sized...I love it, looks very authoritative. Best-looking multi-bay and chemistry charger so far. I'd like to own one, even just for its looks alone! ( I thought my C9000 was big )
    Last edited by tatasal; 09-12-2014 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubois View Post
    One question on the battery holder. I'm fed up trying to squeeze my longer 18650 cells into (and out of) my I4 charger - what are the sliders like on the MC3000? Will longer cells fit easily?
    the sliders are thick, long and robust. really different from the standard fare, compare XP4:

or compare i4:

the sliders are built in such a way that, in theory, it would be possible to stack 2 cells (2xAA, 2x17650, or possibly 2x18650) and charge both in parallel in the same slot: thus one could charge 8xAA in the 4-bays of the charger! but this theoretical possibility was not intended by the maker and is not a recommended procedure at all, so don't even think about it!

as to the max. length of cells supported by the battery holder, batteries up to a length of 73.0mm fit. Protected Panasonic NCR18650B are 71mm long, they are a very comfortable fit. And as mentioned earlier, flat top batteries are no problem either.

In fact, with its secure stand and nice quality sliders it is possible to insert and remove 71mm-cells safely and comfortably single-handedly!
    Last edited by kreisl; 09-13-2014 at 01:38 AM.

Thanks for that info Kreisl. Good to hear that it's easy to get cells in and out of the charger.

When will your review be ready and online? I assume it's already finished for 99% (knowing your testing data online)… also, will they sell only under SkyRC brand?

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk
    Eneloop info thread 2005-2017 @CPF

Quote Originally Posted by tatasal View Post
    Massively-sized...I love it, looks very authoritative. Best-looking multi-bay and chemistry charger so far. I'd like to own one, even just for its looks alone! ( I thought my C9000 was big )
    please note that the pics with the gray color scheme are old pics from the prototype testing model.

charger model
    max dimensions W×H×L
    weight
    comments
    XTAR XP4
    92.4 × 34.6 × 125.0 mm³
    170g unit + 149 mains adapter
    tiny. heat issues.
    Nitcore i4 V2
    96.3 × 36.6 × 136.5 mm³
    160g unit + 67g mains cable
    light. cheap. it is!