NEXTORCH        
Page 4 of 166 FirstFirst 12345678910111454104 ... LastLast

Thread: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Maybe this has been mentioned and I missed it, but if this unit uses a separate power supply does that mean that it runs on 12VDC and therefore could also be used with a cig lighter adapter if necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by N8N View Post
    if this unit uses a separate power supply does that mean that it runs on 12VDC and therefore could also be used with a cig lighter adapter
    Like any good hobby charger the device measures and displays your momentary input voltage which has to be in the wide range between 11-18V, thus the charger is able to accept a whole variety of PSU adapters from your household (12V, 15V, 18V, whatever you got!). In addition, the lower admissible limit can be set by the user, for example if you wanted to protect the health of your power source by limiting/matching the min. admissible charger input ("> 12.0V") to the adapter output specs ("12VDC").

So yes, if necessary, the charger would be able to run off a car cig lighter adapter (18Vmax > 12VDC > 11Vmin). You may need a plug converter and your generated electrical load should be within reason.

I've got the SK-200008 PSU (20$ retail value) which works harmonically with the test unit. Again, it is unclear if such a (similar) PSU is supplied with the MC3000 retail shipping unit.

Quote Originally Posted by kreisl View Post
    You may need a plug converter and your generated electrical load should be within reason.

I've got the SK-200008 PSU (20$ retail value) which works harmonically with the test unit. Again, it is unclear if such a (similar) PSU is supplied with the MC3000 retail shipping unit.
    Any idea what type of plug is needed on the charger for the power supply? Is it a mini usb, or one of the round types typically found on (old) kit?

Quote Originally Posted by Dubois View Post
    Any idea what type of plug is needed on the charger for the power supply? Is it a mini usb, or one of the round types typically found on (old) kit?
    Probably the round type that is used on all chargers that need some power or a custom connector.
    USB would only work if it is the new type with high power capabilities, but it is a bit early for that.
    My website with battery, charger, usb reviews, comparisons & information: lygte-info.
    Latest addition is multimeter reviews

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by HKJ View Post
    Probably the round type that is used on all chargers that need some power or a custom connector.
    USB would only work if it is the new type with high power capabilities, but it is a bit early for that.
    I sure hope it is the standard round type, or they can have two; the standard one, and a custom one for better connections with high amperage source.

Thanks HKJ, that's what I'm hoping. I thought I had a spare power supply that might work, but on checking, it's only 10v and 2.8A, so probably no good anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ChibiM View Post
    When will your review be ready and online? (...) will they sell only under SkyRC brand?
    Hello ChibiM, when one gathers all my posts from this thread, it'd pretty much read as a review, wouldn't it hehe

It was true that the original NC2500 got licensed to TechnoTrade "BC2500" and AccuCell "A-ULTRA", both Geman or Austrian trade companies afaik who also distributed the original BC700 under their own label technoline, but it is afaik unclear at this point if such companies are after a similar coup with the original MC3000.

Erm .. anyone worried about the price?
    Last edited by kreisl; 09-14-2014 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by richardcpf View Post
    The display seems to be very detailed, showing chemistry, capacity, mode and current at the same time.
    i can poorly see anything.

why is the LCD background lighting off, what's wrong?

I want this so hard. Google turns up basically nothing. Argh...

Quote Originally Posted by shelm View Post
    why is the LCD background lighting off
    here a pic with background lighting turned on, i call the screen "TOV" for Total Overview:

When you don't play with the buttons and leave the device under normal operation, the screen automatically returns to the above screen after a while of user's inactivity. As you can see, TOV shows in tabular format the most essential quantities about the 4 slots: voltage, current, capacity, and also indicators of the ongoing MODE and program routine such as charging, discharging, resting, or trickling (Do you like trickle charge? ). For example, slot#4 shows the symbol for the (NOT COMPLETED) REFRESH mode and the fact that it says "0.40", that is 400mA momentary charge rate, instead of "-0.40" tells us that the slot is in the charging routine, and not the discharging routine, of the REFRESH MODE.

When REFRESH has completed, the double arrow char gets inverted, i.e. its background becomes black: . There are additional indicators of mode completion such as a loud beeping melody (can be turned off in General Settings) and the SNB LED (Slot Number Button LED) which turns from full red to full green. A full green LED means that 'officially' the MODE has completed but that the slot program continues to be observant for eventual further actions, such as trickle charging or restarting the last program routine of the MODE, here: CHARGE, once the "offline voltage" has dropped under the user-set threshold, etc.

In TOV, clicking one of the lower buttons forwards you to the DDV (Diagram Drawing View) where the logged voltage is being graphed in real-time . DDV could graph further quantities of interest such as cell temperature i guess. Let me know if you want a photo of DDV.

For more details of the slot under operation such as target voltage, elapsed time, battery temperature, CYCLE history, etc., the user needs to click on the SNB's to get forwarded to SOV (Slot Operation View) where the list of details can be scrolled through. On the iCharger, power and energy is only displayed on the PC screen through the PC Link software LogView/LogView Studio.
    I have never seen a charger before which displays POWER (Watts) and ENERGY (mWh) on the LCD besides counting the CAPACITY (mAh).

Flashaholic*

That looks pretty good. The mAh value though of 6 for slot 1 does not make sense to me. What am i missing?

Seems like trickle charge should be optional and the regular programs should not automatically enter triggle charge after completing a charge for Li. If triggle is just another mode that you have to select it's good. Hopefully it would always run regardless of intial voltage so may be able to gently revive over discharged cells.

Flashaholic*

CURR label would be better as "I mA". There is enough display place to display all values in mA so. 1000 and 400 rather than the somewhat messy display with space and period in that column. I prefer clean display with no separators.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by flashflood View Post
    I want this so hard. Google turns up basically nothing. Argh...
    Just wait one week. I'm sure the counterfeiters are already hard at work cloning this thing, as they did with the SKYRC Imax B6 charger.

Quote Originally Posted by SubLGT View Post
    counterfeiters are already hard at work cloning this thing, as they did with the SKYRC Imax B6 charger
    there is this popular thread on RCGroups which is about h*cking the Imax B6 firmware or something. if they manage to h*ck the MC3000 firmware too then it would be easy enough to change the "CURR" label in TOV, convert the amps to miliamps, and change the spacing. however 1) that's a matter of taste and i do like and prefer the TOV as it is for various reasons, 2) no there is imo not enough space to change the spacing, the 128×64 pixels LCD uses a standard font which results in 5 rows à 18 chars and the max mAh is 10000mAh which already consumes 6 chars (5 digits plus 1 space to the next column), and 3) we can agree that at this stage such cosmetic/typographical changes are less urgent and could be changed (and i'll vote against it ) in future firmware updates, or 4) a h*cker could customize the looks of TOV to his/her likings.

triggle sic is not a MODE but a program routine and it can be turned OFF in every PROGRAM. The TRICKLE parameter exists for NiMH/NiCd batteries and also, in altered form, for Lithium-chemistries called Zero Trickle Charge (ZTC) which is nothing but an "infinite" CV-phase with ever decreasing current, limes zero.

wow, you guys have some good questions. i need to check if i have overlooked any ..

Flashaholic*

Trickle for Li seems like a bad idea. If you can adjust the cuttoff current for CV that would be better, and maybe have a minimum above zero.

Does the charger have a "reset to factory defaults" option? I think it s going to need it.

How about user program settings/memories for a couple different combinations of settings. Maybe that can be done in the App?

Quote Originally Posted by StandardBattery View Post
    Trickle for Li seems like a bad idea. If you can adjust the cuttoff current for CV that would be better, and maybe have a minimum above zero.

Does the charger have a "reset to factory defaults" option? I think it s going to need it.

How about user program settings/memories for a couple different combinations of settings. Maybe that can be done in the App?
    Yes, trickle for Li is not the best idea in the sense that it may be bad for the cell health in the long run. It may. The seeming advantage of Zero Trickle Charge is twofold: 1) you 'produce' a cell with stable constant target voltage, be it 3.800V for storage or 4.200V for standard charge, which is just beautiful!, 2) you can do so with any old abused Li battery. This charger proves that it is possible to make any old abused Li battery reach the 4.20V target and stay at that voltage level "without self-discharge".

The cuttoff sic current for CV is controlled in SPV (Slot Programming View) thru the parameter TERMINATION. The present options are {Zero|10|20|…|290|300}mA, where "Zero" stands for the mentioned Zero Trickle Charge. There may even be an option "OFF" which omits the entire CV-phase altogether; this would be needed if the user wanted to simulate a "step charge", for example for FAST CYCLING of 4.35V Samsungs.

So the minimum fixed cutoff current (or termination current) is 0.01A, 10mA.

Yes, in the General Settings menu there is one option called FACTORY RESET. Upgrading the firmware in a foolproof procedure actually requires the user to make use of this option anyway. And in the UI there is another way of resetting/canceling/discarding the changes in a program, so no worries

User program settings/memories is in fact the whole idea which the UI (user interface) is based upon. Saving program settings is known from balancing hobby chargers iCharger, Imax B6, Turnigy, but we hardly make use of this feature, do we? Currently, MC3000 reserves memory for 20 predefined user programs (PUP): PROGRAM[01|02|…|19|20]. These are global programs and valid in any slot. When you're in SPV of say #3 (=short for "slot number 3"), you simply click on the < >-buttons to change the program number and that's it, you're ready to go! And when you want to change parameters/options of the chosen program say PROGRAM[18], then you'd click (=short-press) on ENTER and get access to them, edit the entries, and a long-press on ENTER would start the program with your changes. In short, it is much(!) easier and really fun to change a PUP on the MC3000 than on a common hobby charger, believe me.

App, you mean smartphone? We'll see how much of the device full functionality can be accessed and controlled through smartphone app. Probably less than through a full-fledged PC Link software. Cut them some slack if the initial versions of the smartphone app 1.0 and the PC Link software 1.0 are functional but very simplistic . Development of complex software applications can take ages, think of Win3.11, Win95, Win98, Win98SE.

I have a question about the Refresh Mode on the MC3000 - how is this defined?

On the BT-C3100, for example, I'm confused about the meaning of Test Mode and Refresh Mode and both are different from my BC700 Refresh Mode.

I have a question about the Refresh Mode on the MC3000 - how is this defined?

On the BT-C3100, for example, I'm confused about the meaning of Test Mode and Refresh Mode and both are different from my BC700 Refresh Mode.
    Using mostly the WWW for gathering the following unconfirmed info, please correct me if some details are wlong:

BT-C3100 so-called "REFRESH MODE":
    discharge - no rest - full charge - no rest - full discharge - no rest - full charge - no rest - full discharge - no rest - final full charge,
    or short: D > nR > C > nR > D > nR > C > nR > D > nR > C, that is 3 cycles.

BT-C3100 so-called "TEST MODE":
    charge - no rest - full discharge - no rest - final full charge,
    or short: C > nR > D > nR > C

BC700 so-called "REFRESH MODE":
    discharge - no rest - full charge - no rest - full discharge - no rest - full charge - … - full discharge - no rest - final full charge,
    or short: D > nR > C > nR > D > nR > C > … > D > nR > C, up to 20 cycles.

BC700 so-called "TEST MODE":
    or short: C > nR > D > nR > C.

NC1000 so-called "REFRESH MODE":
    discharge - no rest - full charge - no rest - full discharge - no rest - full charge - … - full discharge - no rest - final full charge,
    or short: D > nR > C > nR > D > nR > C > … > D > nR > C, up to unlimited cycles.

NC1000 so-called "TEST MODE":
    charge - no rest - final full discharge,
    or short: C > nR > D.

NC2500 so-called "REFRESH MODE":
    charge - 1hr rest - full discharge - 1hr rest - final full charge,
    or short: C > 1hr > D > 1hr > C.

C9000 so-called "REFRESH & ANALYZE MODE":
    charge - 2hr "rest" - full discharge - 1hr rest - final full charge,
    or short: C > 2hr > D > 1hr > C.

Charge Manager so-called "CHECK MODE":
    discharge - no rest - full charge,
    or short: D > nR > C.

Charge Manager so-called "CYCLE MODE":
    or short: C > nR > D > nR > C.

Charge Manager so-called "ALIVE MODE":
    charge - no rest - full discharge - no rest - full charge - no rest - full discharge - no rest - final full charge,
    or short: C > nR > D > nR > C> nR > D > nR > C.

Akkumaster C5 distinguishes between service pause and cycle pause, which i find interesting. The so-called "DISCHARGE-CHARGE MODE":
    discharge - service pause - final full charge,
    or short: D > R > C.

Accumaster C5 so-called "CHARGE-DISCHARGE-CHARGE MODE":
    charge - service pause - full discharge - service pause - final full charge,
    or short: C > R > D > R > C.

Accumaster C5 so-called "FORMING MODE":
    discharge - no rest(?) - full charge - no rest - full discharge - no rest - full charge - … - full discharge - no rest - final full charge,
    or short: D > nR(?) > C > nR > D > nR > C > … > D > nR > C, up to 20 cycles.

ALC 8500-2 Expert (discontinued?) so-called "DISCHARGE/CHARGE MODE":
    discharge - no rest - final full charge,
    or short: D > nR > C.

ALC 8500-2 Expert so-called "TEST MODE":
    charge - delay - full discharge - delay - final full charge,
    or short: C > R > D > R > C.

ALC 8500-2 Expert so-called "REFRESH MODE":
    discharge - delay - full charge - delay - full discharge - delay - full charge - delay - full discharge - delay - final full charge,
    or short: D > R > C > R > D > R > C > R > D > R > C, that is 3 cycles.

ALC 8500-2 Expert so-called "FORMING MODE":
    charge - delay - full discharge - delay - full charge - … - full discharge - delay - final full charge,
    or short: C > R > D > R > C > … > D > R > C, up to N cycles.

ALC 8500-2 Expert so-called "CYCLE MODE":
    charge - delay - full discharge - delay - full charge - … - full discharge - delay - final full charge,
    or short: C > R > D > R > C > … > D > R > C, up to unlimited cycles.

Every maker of charger-analyzers (BC700, NC1000, NC2500, C3100, C9000, a.o.) seems to have his own notion of what a REFRESH and or a TEST MODE should do, and these similar modes share that they are nothing but special cases of a CYCLE program, would you agree? With the MC3000 the definition of its so-called "REFRESH" mode for both NiMH and LiIon chemistries becomes clear when you're in SPV (Slot Programming View) and look at the parameters CYCLE MODE, NO.OF CYCLES and REST TIME. This way one does not need to look into the operator's manual to learn what REFRESH on the MC3000 means: C>D>C pattern (fixed), with 1 cycle (fixed), and rest time as you wish from {0|1|2|…|239|240}min. And if you wanted to emulate BT-C3100's TEST MODE, you would run MC3000's CYCLE MODE (instead of REFRESH MODE), pick the pattern C>D from the array of cycling options, set NO.OF CYCLES to 1, and REST TIME to 0min.

It is interesting that the Maha employs a 2hr "rest" after CHARGE. That's because it continues to charge the battery with a top-off current. Even such Maha-behavior could be emulated with MC3000's parameters and options by adjusting the SPV parameters TARGET VOLT and TRICKLE CHARGE. Well, except for the different rest times.

But wait. If you really wtf needed different rest times between charging↔discharging routines, then you could set 2 different CYCLE programs (PROGRAM[01], PROGRAM[02]) and run them in immediate sequence:
    C > 2hr > D > 1hr > C
    = CYCLE pattern C>D (w/ 2hr rest and TRICKLE in between) + CYCLE pattern D>C (w/ 1hr rest in between).

Q. How does one run several PUP's in immediate sequence or even loop them?
    A. What's a PUP?

Q. A PUP is krisel's short for predefined user programs PROGRAM[01], PROGRAM[02], etc. So how?
    A. Either manually, or possibly also through a more sophisticated version of the PC Link software in future.

Q. I see. Thanks you.
    A. That was not a question, try again, duh.
    Last edited by kreisl; 09-28-2014 at 06:35 AM.

Great work, Kreisl, thank you very much for your efforts here. The MC3000 indeed looks like a very nice bit of kit. Now my only worry will be the price of the thing. Let's hope HKJ's estimated $100 is close to the mark.

I don't suppose you have word of a price for this yet,do you Kreisl?

Thanks again - why google when you can ask questions here?

why google when you can ask questions here?

What is the resolution of the voltage reading, how many decimals?
    I mean how accurate is the voltage reading compared to a multimeter?

Thanks kreisl!

Now my only worry will be the price of the thing. Let's hope HKJ's estimated $100 is close to the mark.

I don't suppose you have word of a price for this yet
    Since there is no MAP, you shouldn't be too worried about your final personal price in the EU. Lately GB and BG have been generous with codes and NKON.nl is a specialized importer with relevant selection and fair EUR-pricing, HobbyKing has a EU-warehouse too. A forum group buy could be organized by any interested party or individual i guess, maybe even by the manufacturer with a promotional special.

I can't comment on HKJ's guesstimate because i don't know whether the number is after or before code; imho a full package with included PSU adapter would be 100% worth it either way

Today i updated the firmware online thru the PC Link software UI with a click of a button. Lol so easy. And phun!
    Last edited by kreisl; 09-19-2014 at 07:16 PM.

So the led next to the USB seems to be marked "power bank". What is the limitations on its use? Given the 2.1A marking on the port i am guessing it needs something more potent than your typical AAs.

Default Re: 2nd gen dreamcharger presented on IFA Berlin 2014…

2. Charge Rate: 100mA - 3A (Lithium) (2A NiMH) (subject to powersupply) *****
    In the new fw (firmware) the minimum charge rate for both Li- and Ni- chemistries has been decreased for our convenience. Same as iCharger's, it is now 0.05A (50mA) instead of 100mA. Max charge rate for NiMH is still 4×2.00A and could possibly increased in future i guess(?), if demanded by the community.

Just note that at such low charge rates some full battery detection-algorithm like the default PEAK SENS -dU/dt for NiMH may fail, so other simultaneous algorithms would have to take over such as XTAR's proposed "0△V"-method or the cell temperature gradient dT/dt or or or. For NiMH the parameter TARGET VOLT may act as cut-off voltage similar to Maha's 1.48V-termination method based on voltage. And if all these methods fail, there is always the security net (per each PUP) with the parameters CAPACITY and CUT TIME to restrict max. allowable charge intake and program runtime.

Low current charging makes sense for old abused NiMH batteries with low capacity and high internal resistance because of the voltage drag, or for exotically small LiIon batteries such as 10180 or 10110 which the flashlight maker recommends charging with 50mA rate (during the CC-phase). For a 18mm short cell to fit in a slot of MC3000, one would need something (a wire/cable/spring/block/adapter) to bridge the ~12mm air gap because the distance between the slot +- metal contacts is ~30mm.
    Last edited by kreisl; 09-20-2014 at 06:10 AM.

Flashaholic*

Anything else of note in the firmware update? Love that firmware updates are now available on some chargers. How about a semi firm delivery date for US availability?

You know what would be really cool... a solar mode... connect the input directly to a solar panel, or through a small solar 12V/14V/18V regulator, and ensure that the charger starts and stops the current programs as the voltage drops out and resumes from the input. To me a this would be so great. It is hard to find a good proper charger that is really solar-panel compatible.

I sure hope it is the standard round type, or they can have two; the standard one, and a custom one for better connections with high amperage source.
    connect the input directly to a solar panel, or through a small solar 12V/14V/18V regulator, and ensure that the charger starts and stops the current programs as the voltage drops out and resumes from the input.
    the device has only 1 power input interface, it's located at the front and is of the standard round type. here an old pic:

We'll see what the exact dimensions of the socket/plug are going to be in the final production version.

Resuming solar operation when the input voltage is back again over 11V .. i see, very fancy. the other night i was dreaming of playing games on the LCD because it would be very possible to program such a thing, LCD has the identical screen resolution as in the linked video. Now you tell me whose idea is fancier hehe

Seriously, the maker follows this thread and all suggestions will be noted, thank you for the interesting idea!
    Last edited by kreisl; 04-01-2016 at 01:48 AM.

Flashaholic*

……………... How about a semi firm delivery date for US availability?……………..
    Too bad SkyRC does not have an authorized distribution channel in the USA. That makes warranty returns a bit of a hassle.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by SubLGT View Post
    Too bad SkyRC does not have an authorized distribution channel in the USA. That makes warranty returns a bit of a hassle.
    Ya, I suspect that we may be stuck with that unless they work out a re-branding of the device with someone who has US distribution. I think they might be able to find distribution or a branding opportunity if they are interested. This is a niche item still not many companies want to design and manufacture their own competing product. There are a few sellers of a few of their products on Amazon, so at least if it's DOA replacement would be easy. I hate the hassels of warranty stuff so I try to buy stuff that won't need it. I hope this will be such a device.

Quote Originally Posted by _UPz View Post
    What is the resolution of the voltage reading, how many decimals?
    I mean how accurate is the voltage reading compared to a multimeter?
    don UPz the LCD displays all voltages with 2 decimals and when the user needs to enter voltage numbers, see table below for Lithium chemistry examples, the increments are always +0.01V. however, internally the machine operates with higher resolution as can be seen from the PC link software which displays the voltage with 3 decimals. iCharger operates internally with 3 decimals too yet it produces staircase-shaped non-smooth voltage graphs for both NiMH and LiIon batteries, see dampfakkus, leaftye's or my own comparison against a UT61E multimeter, which proves that iCharger/Turnigy does not measure voltage accurately enough for a smooth graph such as HKJ's measurements. HKJ once told me that he does not use iCharger for his battery reviews because it is not accurate enough. Looking at iCharger voltage graphs, logged with LogView PC Link software, i can understand him now. So what about MC3000? Well in all fairness, at this point i cannot claim that MC3000 voltage graphs look better, i.e. smoother, non-staircase shaped, than iCharger voltage graphs because there is no way yet to zoom in the graph or export the 1Hz logged data to Excel for better visual inspection: the present version of MC3000 PC Link software is rather simplistic

Compared to a multimeter reading with 3 decimals, the accuracy of the MC3000 voltage reading is very high. The average difference on my unit is ±0.005V before recalibration of the 4 slots. Let's not forget that my 22000 counts DMM has its own tolerance of "±(0.1%+2)" at 2Hz between 2.200V-22.000V matching the 3-decimal resolution of MC3000 for batteries in that voltage range. Sounds complicated? It's not. Basically i am saying that the PC Link software reading matches very well my digital multimeter reading, typically within 3-5mV per slot. My slot#4 is off by ~0.011V, so i plan to recalibrate it.

Anything else of note in the firmware update? Love that firmware updates are now available on some chargers.
    Most notable maybe the logical revision of permissible voltage ranges to avoid unnecessary overlapping. With MC3000 it is now possible to 'produce' LiIon cells with any stable voltage between 2.50-4.25V with 1 or 2 program steps. With my iCharger, even though it has overlapping ranges and a very generous DISCHARGE cut-off range see below, i cannot do so for 2 reasons.

MC3000 latest fw iCharger 106B+ fw v3.14
    LiIon CHARGE target voltage {4.00|4.01|…|4.24|4.25}V
    Lilo U LiPo {3.90|3.91|…|4.29|4.30}V
    LiIon CHARGE restart voltage {OFF|3.98|3.99|…|4.17|4.18}V N/A
    LiIon STORAGE voltage {3.65|3.66|…|3.99|4.00}V Lilo {3.75V}, LiPo {3.85V} fixed
    LiIon DISCHARGE cut-off {2.50|2.51|…|3.64|3.65}V Lilo U LiPo {2.50|2.51|…|4.19|4.20}V
    LiIo4.35 CHARGE target voltage {4.10|4.11|…|4.39|4.40}V N/A
    LiIo4.35 CHARGE restart voltage {OFF|4.08|4.09|…|4.32|4.33}V N/A
    LiIo4.35 STORAGE voltage {3.75|3.76|…|4.09|4.10}V N/A
    LiIo4.35 DISCHARGE cut-off {2.65|2.66|…|3.74|3.75}V N/A
    LiFe CHARGE target voltage {3.40|3.41|…|3.64|3.65}V {3.40|3.41|…|3.89|3.90}V
    LiFe CHARGE restart voltage {OFF|3.38|3.39|…|3.57|3.58}V N/A
    LiFe STORAGE voltage {3.15|3.16|…|3.39|3.40}V {3.30V} fixed
    LiFe DISCHARGE cut-off {2.00|2.01|…|3.14|3.15}V {2.00|2.01|…|3.59|3.60}V

Q. Hey man, why do you want to produce cells with stable 3.60V offline voltage?
    A. Why not? It's fun to test the technical possibilities of the new product.

Q. I meant, for which real purpose does someone need such technical possibility?
    A. Same thing as buying more shoes, handbags, flashlights or chargers than one really needs.

Q. And what's that?
    A. Joy and satisfaction. No kidding.
    Last edited by kreisl; 11-01-2014 at 11:42 AM. Reason: reflecting firmware 1.05

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe View Post
    I admit I am a little disappointed to hear no PC link for Apple and Linux users. Do you know if support for these platforms is planned?
    Given the history of the Imax B6, it may be that the PC-Link port is not a USB port but a Serial TTL port. They did that with the Imax B6, you sort of had to hack a mini USB cable and connect it up to a TTL USB board. Then any terminal program will work ... as long has someone has reverse engineered the protocol. Certainly works under linux for the Turnigy Accucell 6, which is a clone of these *6 chargers.

Given that it works with LogView, which is pretty old, I think reading the data isn't a problem (unless this was a specific version for SkyRC).

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Floppy View Post
    Given the history of the Imax B6, it may be that the PC-Link port is not a USB port but a Serial TTL port. They did that with the Imax B6, you sort of had to hack a mini USB cable and connect it up to a TTL USB board. Then any terminal program will work ... as long has someone has reverse engineered the protocol. Certainly works under linux for the Turnigy Accucell 6, which is a clone of these *6 chargers.

Given that it works with LogView, which is pretty old, I think reading the data isn't a problem (unless this was a specific version for SkyRC).
    There is a brand new software called LogView Studio (LVS) and it is thinkable that it could support the new Skyrc charger in future fingers crossed.

Interestingly, i can't remember having installed any kind of driver on my Winxp PC: connect the USB cable to PC, then launch the PC Link software, and it states "USB connected" right away and everything is ready to go.

How can i find out if the connection is a "Serial TTL port"/"TTL USB board"?

Page 4 of 166 FirstFirst 12345678910111454104 ... LastLast