Foxfury Scout        
Page 51 of 161 FirstFirst ... 4144454647484950515253545556575861101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 4819

Thread: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 / CES 2016 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Quote Originally Posted by Suarez View Post
    ...of course the hardware is mature, the FW too ! The unit in general is functioning absolutely flawlessly regarding it΄s origin features. Answering your question ΄en detail΄,
    the behaviour ! only ! occours in DEX / Micro USB mode, and my intension only was to point at the circumstance itself...
    Perhaps you can point out this issue to the developers of DEX. Have them check if it is somehow their software issue that is causing this Slot 3 "No Battery" problem.

Quote Originally Posted by 7histology View Post
    Could the next FW update recognise LiFePO4 cells in Dummy mode?
    No promises here. My detailed suggestion was about Dummy Mode A (NiMH/Lilo) and Dummy Mode B (NiMH/LiFe), and they implemented only 1 Dummy Mode, and i am also okay with that decision. So basically they already took the decision … against NiMH/LiFe Dummy Mode. It doesn't mean that they wouldn't revise the decision in future but for now i leave them with their decision, i shouldn't fight it. We don't wanna **** them *** over a decision that they already made, or do you?

Today, I checked the voltage consistency of the 4 slots of my MC3000. I used a few different 18650 batteries. For each battery I placed it into all the 4 slots and noted the readings.

Found out that my Slot 4 consistently showed +0.01V higher than Slots 1-3. So I used the User Calibration feature to manually adjust Slot 4 to bring it in line with Slots 1-3. I really like the many options/adjustments available on the MC3000.

Hey kreisl, I'm thinking of turning the LED backlight to "Always On". Would this cause any issues with the longevity of the LED screen?

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hey kreisl, I'm thinking of turning the LED backlight to "Always On". Would this cause any issues with the longevity of the LED screen?
    ooh i don't have the datasheet of the LCD screen and i won't bother them reit. i wouldn't be worried a bit, it's always on on my unit too.

jb please don't worry ��

Hi kreisl

Not at all. But your original suggestion of Dummy modes 1 and 2 would be very useful for me and probably for anyone else who might want to charge LiFe without getting in to Advanced.

I am pretty happy as it is but just offering thoughts which may make it better. One of the many big plusses with this thing is the way future FW can be changed to add new functions.

Quote Originally Posted by kreisl View Post
    No promises here. My detailed suggestion was about Dummy Mode A (NiMH/Lilo) and Dummy Mode B (NiMH/LiFe), and they implemented only 1 Dummy Mode, and i am also okay with that decision. So basically they already took the decision … against NiMH/LiFe Dummy Mode. It doesn't mean that they wouldn't revise the decision in future but for now i leave them with their decision, i shouldn't fight it. We don't wanna **** them *** over a decision that they already made, or do you?
    EagTac M25C2 Turbo_VN_XPG2-PDTc version; SureFire UB3T Invictus; Nitecore SRT7; TrustFire X6; LumaPower MVP (3xCree) , Sunwayman V11R; 4Sevens Quark AA Tactical; Nitecore DI (R2, GDP, Q5); LiteFlux LF2XT-R2;

An update on GB: Status now says refunded but i don't see it on my bank account yet. In any case. What an experience this turned out to be. Disappointed now knowing that the charger is not coming before this year ends. Thought about just getting the Opus due to being readily available but no.. This charger seems to be the dream charger lol.
    Last edited by MarioJP; 12-26-2015 at 11:39 PM.

Flashaholic

When I received a small refund from GearBest, it took about a week before it appeared on my PayPal account. Their message said it would probably take this much time.

Quote Originally Posted by MarioJP View Post
    An update on GB: Status now says refunded but i don't see it on my bank account yet. In any case. What an experience this turned out to be. Disappointed now knowing that the charger is not coming before this year ends. Thought about just getting the Opus due to being readily available but no.. This charger seems to be the dream charger lol.

Quote Originally Posted by billcushman View Post
    When I received a small refund from GearBest, it took about a week before it appeared on my PayPal account. Their message said it would probably take this much time.
    Yea it did. And the reasoning for canceling the order was i thought the charger was being recalled "stopped production" have i would of known that it was out of stock i wouldn't have canceled it and would not mind waiting. A misunderstanding is what this was.

Good morning guys, my charger finally arrives today, is it secure for me do the firmware update? I have one Pc with Windows 8 x64, a Mac with bootcamp with Windows 7 x64.

Thanks, today it will be a long night

Quote Originally Posted by morcegolas View Post
    Good morning guys, my charger finally arrives today, is it secure for me do the firmware update? I have one Pc with Windows 8 x64, a Mac with bootcamp with Windows 7 x64.

Thanks, today it will be a long night
    You cannot use PCLS (anymore) to go through with the firmware update because the binary has been pulled offline.

Someone posted offline fw updater exe which is certified safe only under WinXP. No, it is not secure/safe to use it under Win8 x64 or Mac with etc . I don't support this method, sorry. If you run into trouble with it, feel free to contact Sky for support, i am out.
    Last edited by kreisl; 12-28-2015 at 10:10 AM.

I think I'll wait for a secure update for at least Windows 7, I don't have any computer with Windows XP many years ago. Is anyone using that anymore? :/

Enlightened

I got a "bricked" MC3000 after use the V1.03 update software. I pressed the enter button with different duration between 25~60sec., but my Windows 7(x64) still couldn't recognize it.
    Is there any good idea for me to get my MC3000 back to work again ? Thanks so much !!!

Quote Originally Posted by millguy View Post
    Glad it worked for you too.
    The one I ordered to replace my "bricked" one should be here in a few days. Guess I'll have to find a use for two of 'em.

So when i do get The charger. Avoid firmware flashing for right now?

Enlightened

Received mine yesterday. Everything seems to be Ok, but extensive tests aren't performed yet. It looks that MC3000_Monitor.exe software is unable to control the charger, except for 'Start/Stop' button: changing modes for the slots at the Settings tab isn't actually passed to device, and previously selected modes are still active. Maybe I've missed something, though...

I'm trying to connect to my pc using MC3000 Monitor 1.01, but the driver isn't recognized in Windows 7. Install STM32 Custom HID as Device USB Keybord input :/

Please help me!
    Thanks.
    Last edited by morcegolas; 12-28-2015 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by -Archie- View Post
    Maybe I've missed something, though...
    The download button.
    My website with battery and charger information: lygte-info.
    More than 1000 reviews of batteries, charges and other stuff.
    Compare 18650 LiIon batteries or smaller (RCR123, 16340, 14500, 10450) LiIon batteries.

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by HKJ View Post
    The download button.
    Thanks! I've had an impression that window is rendered correctly on my 1280x800 notebook's screen used as a 'control center' for various chargers and measurement equipment, as 4th. slot line is displayed fully, but there's indeed parts of some buttons below:

Default SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

I had to remove all batteries, restart the charger and then plug the sub cable, now it's working.

But if I open the App on my iPhone and Bluetooth turns on in the charger, the communication with of stop until I force quit my iPhone app. There must be a bug.
    Last edited by morcegolas; 12-28-2015 at 11:55 AM.

I have too the charger since the 24 of december.
    I'm in general very satisfied of the quality and features in standalone mode, the pc and mostly the android app are too bugged at the moment, but this doesn't bother me too much.
    At the moment I've found only these little firmware problems:
    1) When performing cycles, if during the charging the capacity or temperature cut safety threshold are reached then the older discharge-charge cycles mAh information can't be shown. The same apply during the cycles, the data of the older cycles are visible only at the end if no error have occurred.
    2) In the same case as above the remaining cycles are aborted when a threshold is reached. This can be understandable as security feature, but the capacity cut can be used as normal charging termination in nimh battery when the -dv/dt don't work.
    3) Maybe it's me that I haven't found the setting, but it would be nice to allow to measure the internal resistance of the battery without starting a charge or discharge cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by kappa7 View Post
    1) When performing cycles, if during the charging the capacity or temperature cut safety threshold are reached then the older discharge-charge cycles mAh information can't be shown. The same apply during the cycles, the data of the older cycles are visible only at the end if no error have occurred.
    2) In the same case as above the remaining cycles are aborted when a threshold is reached. This can be understandable as security feature, but the capacity cut can be used as normal charging termination in nimh battery when the -dv/dt don't work.
    3) Maybe it's me that I haven't found the setting, but it would be nice to allow to measure the internal resistance of the battery without starting a charge or discharge cycle.
    some comments:
    1) if there is no error, the data of older cycles (called "cycle history") can be viewed as soon as a cycle has finished. For example, for N=10, and you're in the 6th cycle (n=6), then in SOV you can view the cycle history of n=1,2,3,4,5. Only discharged capacities will be shown in the cycle history.
    2) yes, when capacity cut-off, temperature cut-off, or similar have been reached, the program does an abnormal program termination and afaik previous data like cycle history or SOV is lost or inaccessible. sorry if this implementation does not suit you but that's the implementation standard in hobby chargers. Enter generous thresholds or set them to OFF. And for NiMH charging situations which wouldn't terminate after the -dV/dt method, you could setup a new program number which sorta mimics the MH-C9000 charging algorithm. MH-C9000 does not use -dV/dt method either, which is also the main reason why batteries in the MH-C9000 always stay cool during charge.
    3) the idea was discussed before. crossing fingers that we'll get this extra feature in future.

2) yes, when capacity cut-off, temperature cut-off, or similar have been reached, the program does an abnormal program termination and afaik previous data like cycle history or SOV is lost or inaccessible. sorry if this implementation does not suit you but that's the implementation standard in hobby chargers. Enter generous thresholds or set them to OFF. And for NiMH charging situations which wouldn't terminate after the -dV/dt method, you could setup a new program number which sorta mimics the MH-C9000 charging algorithm. MH-C9000 does not use -dV/dt method either, which is also the main reason why batteries in the MH-C9000 always stay cool during charge.
    Or it could be fixed in software, there is no reason the number keys could not bring up the info. In some situations the limits are very useful for termination.
    Compare 18650 LiIon batteries or smaller (RCR123, 16340, 14500, 10450) LiIon batteries.

Flashaholic*

2) yes, when capacity cut-off, temperature cut-off, or similar have been reached, the program does an abnormal program termination and afaik previous data like cycle history or SOV is lost or inaccessible. sorry if this implementation does not suit you but that's the implementation standard in hobby chargers. Enter generous thresholds or set them to OFF.
    I wouldn't call such data loss the "standard in hobby chargers". There are many hobby chargers that don't suffer this defect. It makes no sense that all such data should be lost on termination by capacity, temp, etc (and termination by capacity might not be "abnormal" but, rather, by design). Further, it is usually trivial to do the right thing, so it is beyond me why some designs choose this less useful option.
    Last edited by Gauss163; 12-28-2015 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HKJ View Post
    there is no reason the number keys could not bring up the info. In some situations the limits are very useful for termination.
    oki

Finally testing my Christmas gift!
    GearBest free shipping take 23 days to arrive!

Enlightened

What obscure Bluetooth design is used in MC3k? Seems to be non-discoverable by several tools I've tried... Is it hardcoded to respond to some proprietary requests originating from SkyRC software only?

Exclamation Bluetooth app use blocks communication over USB port

Quote Originally Posted by morcegolas View Post
    But if I open the App on my iPhone and Bluetooth turns on in the charger, the communication with of stop until I force quit my iPhone app. There must be a bug.
    I can definitely confirm this behaviour. And just like you, I thought there was something wrong with my charger or the driver installation - but it seems like there is simply a conflict between Bluetooth communication and USB communication, and they appear to be mutually exclusive.

When the iPhone/iPad app is running (can't confirm this on an Android though, as my phone doesn't have Bluetooth 4.0), the blue LED on the side of the charger is lit up to indicate Bluetooth communication. As long as that light is lit, the connected USB port will NOT pass any data to or from the PC, regardless whether you use the MC3000 Monitor program from SkyRC, or DataExplorer.

It seems like as long as the iOS app is running, it keeps the MC3000's Bluetooth communication module operational, which in turn seems to be blocking USB communication. The only solution is to force-quit the iOS app in order to shut down the charger's Bluetooth communication module (or reboot the iOS device and not run the MC3000 in the first place). Only once the iOS device ceases communicating via Bluetooth and the blue LED turns off, does the USB communication function properly.

I don't know if this is a bug, or whether Bluetooth/USB are mutually exclusive by design - but if it is the latter, then it should definitely be documented in the manual.

I wasted a good 2 hours trying all sorts of things before I realized that the Bluetooth comm was blocking the USB port communication - not fun.
    Last edited by hey_tommy; 12-28-2015 at 03:00 PM.

I wast a little less time, but as You I thought that my charger might have something wrong as I open the iPhone app first and I wasn't able to get the pc software working. It's just like you say. :/

some comments:
    1) if there is no error, the data of older cycles (called "cycle history") can be viewed as soon as a cycle has finished. For example, for N=10, and you're in the 6th cycle (n=6), then in SOV you can view the cycle history of n=1,2,3,4,5. Only discharged capacities will be shown in the cycle history.
    3) the idea was discussed before. crossing fingers that we'll get this extra feature in future.
    Thank you for the reply.
    What "special" algorithm use the MH-C9000 that can be programmed in the MC3000?

A good idea for future implementation may be to base the end of charge on the dT/dt of the battery measured temperature: normally the battery temperature slowly rise a bit during the charge and when the battery is full the temperature rise much more and much more sharply. By setting a correct dT/dt value it may be quite easily to detect the end of charge. The drawback is that the temperature sensor must be very near the battery, but the MC3000 seems to follow quite well the battery temperature.

Quote Originally Posted by kappa7 View Post
    Thank you for the reply.
    What "special" algorithm use the MH-C9000 that can be programmed in the MC3000?
    The C9000 terminates on voltage and then does a timed low current charge to fill the cells. You can see it here: http://lygte-info.dk/review/Review%2...9000%20UK.html
    The MC3000 cannot be programmed for this in one program, but you can terminate on voltage and then do a timed charge with another program (That will end with an error message).

Page 51 of 161 FirstFirst ... 4144454647484950515253545556575861101151 ... LastLast