Inova X5T UV?

A

alanpinny

Does anyone have the UV version of the X5T and if so, what do you use it for?

DanM

Newly Enlightened
I have the UV version of the X5T. I also have all the colored X5T's but the UV is my favorite. I have used it hunting to better see a blood trail. My Mom collects old glass and the light will show if the glass has been repaired. My 8 year old has used it to look for bugs at night (some glow really neat under UV). I have also used the light to check out a house a friend wanted to buy, (pet stains will show up under the UV light and any flaws in the walls of the home.

The biggest reason I bought this light is I use UV markers
to mark the PC equipment I sell, very handy with identifying parts I may or may not have sold.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I have the UV X5T as well...but I bought it mainly for my website, and less because I actually *needed* it. I've been pretty gentle with mine; after beating it, stomping on it, running over it, etc. for my website. It lives in the headboard of my bed, and probably gets used more for charging up alarm clock hands and illuminating Glow Rings than for anything else. And I think I used it for looking for rat urine once. I collect old glass telegraph, telephone, and power insulators; but I don't think I've used it to look for repairs in them. Not yet anyway. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I have one. It will be used to charge the glowing stars on the ceiling of our bedroom for my girl once our new appartment will be finished. Otherwise I have little actual use for it except searching for lost ammo of my R/C-tank and showing it off to my friends.
bernhard

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
It can be used for a lot of fun things. Use it to light up some Uranium glass ... very cool. Also check out your credit cards, most of them have markings on them that can only be seen under UV. It also can be used on paper currency to check for the little strip that is suppose to help thwart counterfeiting.

What ever you do ... do NOT take it into a public restroom. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif

DanM

Newly Enlightened
FLASHLIGHTOCD Said:
What ever you do ... do NOT take it into a public restroom

All so DO not shine onto your walls at home unless you are ready to clean for days.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
If you turn off the bathroom lights (in those restrooms equipped with a light switch) and shine the NUV Inova X5T or other NUV LED on the floor around the toliet or on the wall around those wall urinators, you'll be in for a rather unpleasant surprise. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Take DanM's advice and heed it well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif :O /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah, I can already imagine how dirty public rooms are. I frequent bars a lot but don't drink. But I am at a lot of them so I see some of the filthist bathrooms around. Yeah I'm going to leave it at that.

MenaceSQL

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Meridian Tactical said:
I have them at my site and I just lowered the pricing last month.

Inova X5UV's

Chris

[/ QUOTE ]

Mind control, huh?!? Well, it worked. Order placed. Thanks Chris. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Free

Enlightened
I have one, and I use it to find Scorpions in my house before I go to bed all summer long.

Where I live, I catch on average about 3 Scorpions per night in the house /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif