Surefire LX1 Prototype

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
I saw this on eBay awhile back, it was for sale then pulled, and for sale then pulled a couple times and re-listed. It was originally listed as a "Surefire E1L Outdoorsman Flashlight- K.X1 head O.D. green"
I was hoping to jump on it thinking maybe nobody would look close enough to see what it really was, but it appears to have been pulled before the auction ended. I would be curious to know if any of the big SF collectors on here got it, or have another LX1 prototype. I remember all the hype and anticipation around the LX1 back in the day when the LX2 was new and everyone was waiting for the LX1 and it never made it to production. I just thought this was interesting and thought I would share :candle:

Dirty wage guy

Enlightened
Saw that one too and someone was a lucky individual to get it. Would have been nice if SF actually came through and produced that one and I'm still not sure as to why they didn't? I'm sure they would have sold a ton of them.
instead, we have to settle for these...

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
Dirty wage guy, I'm not certain someone got it...I kept watching it each time it was re-listed and at some point it just went :poof: I suppose some lucky buyer got it, perhaps the seller realized what he had and kept it, or someone contacted them via PM and he sold it on the side. Would like to see someone make an LX1 out of that body, with an LX2 head and tail :naughty:

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
i saw that auction, it looked suspicious to me.
i didnt follow it, so had no idea it was being pulled and such. it could be that its a counterfeit product.

there was a brand called firekylin i think, and they made some lights that resembled the LX2.

luisma

Enlightened
I saw this on eBay awhile back, it was for sale then pulled, and for sale then pulled a couple times and re-listed. It was originally listed as a "Surefire E1L Outdoorsman Flashlight- K.X1 head O.D. green"
I was hoping to jump on it thinking maybe nobody would look close enough to see what it really was, but it appears to have been pulled before the auction ended. I would be curious to know if any of the big SF collectors on here got it, or have another LX1 prototype. I remember all the hype and anticipation around the LX1 back in the day when the LX2 was new and everyone was waiting for the LX1 and it never made it to production. I just thought this was interesting and thought I would share :candle:

Here is the light from the auction I was the lucky winner. The pictures are of the light as it came to me from ebay. I will be changing the tail cap and the bezel to the same as an LX2 which seems to be the same as post#2. At that time I'll probably reshoot the light with the proper bezel and tail cap.

thanks

Luis

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Truthfully, the LX1, may have kept me from buying all my McGiz lights since I would have bought so many LX1's, I could not have justified going into custom lights.

When I came to this forum I did not want to get into custom lights as custom knives were a let down. However, I did get taken by custom lights, and custom lights are far and above better than any custom knives. Plus the makers of custom lights are sane, not crazy liars and no custom lights here, as far as I know, are used by Navy Seals, thank God!

So, I guess I should be glad the LX1 never came into production, and I doubt (Now hope), it ever will.

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
I still think an LX1, heaven forbid with a choice of optic or reflector, would have sold like hotcakes. Wait a minute, any single cell SF with that same choice would probably be a hit... :) Just my two cents...

Luisma- This was a nice catch, I followed the auction carefully. Congrats. :)

Last edited: