My flashlights are still brighter than your flashlights :D

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
But I don't use em much. If at all. :shrug: Yeah the giga lumens quad XP-G2 Kenji's.

Actually I use my tiny Tain Piccalo AAA almost exclusively. It's just an awesome little light.

Bored want to get back into the game. What's new?

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been using my Surefire LX2 and FourSevens Mini123 HCRI more than anything else I own, even though I have a dozen or so flashlights. I don't find myself needing more than 200 lumens very often at all.

Poppy

Flashaholic
But I don't use em much. If at all. :shrug: Yeah the giga lumens quad XP-G2 Kenji's.

Actually I use my tiny Tain Piccalo AAA almost exclusively. It's just an awesome little light.

Bored want to get back into the game. What's new?

LOL... was it archimedes who said "the higher the post count, the lower the lumens." ?
Seems to me that you have matured along your path of flashaholism.

I don't think there is much new since you left. A few lights are offered by Thrunite, Fenix, and Eagletac with a MT-G2 emitter.
DQG continues along the path of making small lights in each battery category.

Vinh has gotten a lot of press around here for his mods.

Supbeam changed their name to AceBeam

I modified an Energizer lantern with light fusion technology to run on a USB power-bank.
The Power outage thread is now up to more than 31000 views.

And very significantly TheDoc007 has started a "giveaway" thread, with the "pay it forward" concept, to make this place, and the planet a better place.
:thumbsup: doc! :)

PS... ledmitter_nli, Welcome back! :)

Last edited:

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Malkoff Wildcat V5 MT-G2. Mega floody. It's different compare to my triples. Other than that, I'm also wondering what will be the next big thing. I use my 120 lumens HDS most of the time.

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
hehe hey all. hey poppy. yeah I see you've been racking up some post counts there yourself!

I've traded spending a lot of time, money and energy in one hobby...

hrkmyu.jpg

206k6mq.jpg

... for a much more expensive one. Maybe I just love all things "power?" :shrug:

246jdsn.jpg

2rmnno7.jpg

2prv0wy.jpg

2iaelqp.jpg

727o6b.jpg

:naughty:

Last edited:

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Malkoff Wildcat V5 MT-G2. Mega floody. It's different compare to my triples. Other than that, I'm also wondering what will be the next big thing. I use my 120 lumens HDS most of the time.

Yeah I still don't feel the MT-G2 is a giant leap, there *still* appears to be no solution in the P60 drop-in range 9 months later. I'm disappointed.

fyrstormer

Banned
Every now and then I think I'd like to have a really top-of-the-line computer...and then I remember that I just don't game enough for it to be worth the money. I built a new computer a couple years ago from best-bang-per-buck parts and it's been serving me well ever since; all I did since I built it was max-out the RAM while the correct kind was still available.

Instead I spend money on things like this:

CIMG6099.jpg

CIMG6104.jpg

CIMG6013.jpg

CIMG5934.jpg

CIMG5596.jpg

CIMG5665.jpg

Some of them have LED lights installed, so that makes it on-topic. :D For the record, all but one of the indoor photos were lit using my McGizmo Hi-CRI Mule.

Last edited:

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
^^ Oh yah those are mad fun. I guess you can call these and PC's and flashlights "pet hobbies". I do a lot of 3D rendering so I need a few high powered CPU monoliths lying around. But it's fun putting these things together and it's very accessible compared to the more big ticket type hobbies which can really dig you in.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had my RC car stolen many many years ago...

I still mostly use my PD20 and Q123 most, but that's for work and I don't need more lumens for my purposes. More runtime could help, but I still get by easily. At night I still use another Q123 or my Nitecore IFE2 somewhere between 2 and 60 lumens. I'll whip out the big guns for the occasional grin or if I hear a suspect sound but that's mostly it. Then again, I haven't been camping in a while.

I kinda translated my flashlight passion into electronic cigarettes:

1c4_146e17_8b58f11_oJ.jpg.thumb

I did that one to play a joke on the ladie's forum on Electronic Cigarette Forums, but that thing costs as much as a Surefire and is of equal quality for an e-cig and still does not have the highest power of all e-cigs. At least it's a hobby that can actually save money if you don't indulge like you're buying flashlights - many people do and have as impressive collections as you see on here. I got my lesson from buying flashlights though, and am aiming for 3 great quality mods and that's it. Why 3? because 2=1=none, of course! Fun fact: the first electronic cigarette was actually made with a flashlight from which the emitter was replaced with a coil... It still is very similar (variable output, PWM, changeable heads -maybe one day with a flashlight head-, almost 100% legoability throughout brands, some have LED's and most basic terms come from the flashlight world.) In other words, the newest stuff is based on flashlights, but for a different application.

I'm still planning to save enough money to buy a Lux-RC and a couple more MBI's at some point.

To further answer your question:
The MBI torpedo made it through X version (experimental) with a batch of about 100 sold and the final revision is coming closer and closer after 3 years into development.