New to CPF and Arc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filament

Newly Enlightened
I'm new to CPF and also Arc, but wanted to let everyone know my positive experience. Ordered an AA on 23 Dec (for myself, not as a gift!!!!) and received a tracking notice later that day that it had been shipped. FedEx had an estimated delivery date of 29 Dec, so imagine my surprise when it showed up Christmas Eve. That is fantastic shipping, not to mention the fact that it was free, and I like the light so far. Had a couple of instances where it would not turn on the first try, but would come on the second. Anyways, kudo's to Arc for the rapid delivery and nicely constructed light.

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Welcome Filament /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
If AA it's your first Arc, you have plenty of others flashlight to buy from Arc flashlight. Personaly I have spend more and more dollars on these awesome lights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And the best remain to come /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Ardy

Newly Enlightened
We always welcome another ARC junkie, we will soon start an "AA" program, "Arc Anonymous" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif
Welcome CPF and the ARC family.
Ardy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Filament

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the welcome! I started out innocently enough with a SF G2, then another G2, then an E2e, now an AA...and seriously eyeing the AAA. Couple of questions for you more experienced Arc-owners - is a Lithium cell worth the extra dollars, not just from a run-time/output perspective, but from a cold-weather, weight, longevity point of view? Also, do the mini-Arcs offer any significant advantages over say the E1? Thanks again!

Kiessling

Flashaholic
L91 Lithiums are the way to go with the Arc AA if you do not mind the cost ... they're less heavy, work in cold weather, and, most importan, they will give you are more stable output through the runtime of this semi-regulated (voltage step-up) light, and that is worth a lot IMHO.
if you are talking about the E1e versus the Arc LS ... go Arc! Smaller, more runtime, regulated, white light, no bulb to break. But less throw.
bernhard

Status
Not open for further replies.