• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Kroll Switch - New and improved!

Ms_SS

Enlightened
Kroll Tailcap Switch

Judco Manufacturing's End Cap Switch, aka KROLL SWITCH, has been used by flashlight enthusiasts for years because it fits many popular lights.

Our J1052 End Cap switch series has an innovative feature, which allows the light to turn on momentarily without having to click it on and off again. It comes in handy when a quick look is all that's needed.

Customer satisfaction is our goal and we are continually striving to improve our switch design. The KROLL SWITCH (J1052 End Cap Switch) now provides better contact between the metal cup and the battery spring. The change increased the spring pressure, which provided better conductivity and lower resistance.

Please contact Cindy and Wayne Yamaguchi, from Yamaguchi Consulting to find out more about pricing and availability. They can be reached at Sandwich Shoppe or [email protected]

Last edited:

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just to reiterate, the SS is currently the ONLY online vendor to carry the currect-spec Kroll switch. There used be a few other vendors that carried the older-spec one, but it's no more.

The SS apparently also actively replenishes stock esp. when the available quantities fall below, say, 20.

I hope the SS will carry the Kroll switch in the long run.
Last month I got 22 and they're all used up. I look forward to nabbing another 22-25 in my next order.

I encourage whoever needs the Kroll switch badly to check out the SS first.

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
The latest bad news is that the Kroll switch (J1052) has been backordered, and that the item has been taken off the Shoppe for the time being. Very, very concerning indeed!!

Before this item was taken off the Shoppe it showed "-89" on inventory. Even more disturbing is that, per Ms_SS's email correspondence, they've yet to find a new supplier on this switch...

Which means, as we speak, there's absolutely NO way to get a new Kroll switch anywhere, online and offline. Which is sad.

Ms_SS, please try your best to fix the Shoppe's eComm problem, and restock this important switch upgrade ASAP. Please......

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I regret I don't remember where I bought some Kroll's but it was not the Sandwich Shoppe. Perhaps it was eBay? But the Pelican adapters came from flashlight lens dot com.

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I regret I don't remember where I bought some Kroll's but it was not the Sandwich Shoppe. Perhaps it was eBay? But the Pelican adapters came from flashlight lens dot com.
I too have bought Krolls online from outside of the SS, but only in small quantities and that was also years ago. I forgot the vendor though. However when I needed more Krolls to work with I eventually turned to the SS for more.

Never mind the Peli Kroll sleeve from the FLL. They're still selling it, but they never post a photo of the actual product. But as I've discussed before, no Kroll sleeve is created equal. The one from the SS Peli kit requires extensive modification to be fit properly into an S-serial tailcap host, while able to be properly installed into the tail threads with enough thread turns -- which was why I eventually developed my own brass versions for both S- and T-serialed tailcap chassis.

By late 2021 I've had more of these brass Peli Kroll sleeve rings made. But I'm down to my last 40 Krolls which I'll need to reserve some for my personal MagAA use. I won't let myself sell just the sleeve ring alone, ie. it has to be sold with a new Kroll preinstalled, as otherwise the prospective customer may mess up with the Kroll installation into the sleeve ring.

In order to sell off my current brass Kroll sleeve stock I'll need at least another 25-35 Kroll units.