New flashalochic - Q's about tigerlight

chr00t

Newly Enlightened
New flashalochic - Q\'s about tigerlight

hello folks-

I am new this forums. I bought awesome tigerlight 8" flashlight. here beamshot - Is that normal hotspot? I compared other picture of beam shot and seems different. Not sure. Let me know.

I wanted thank TACTICAL WAREHOUSE for his awesome service and really FAST shipping thru fed express!
grin.gif

tigerlightbeam.jpg

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Re: New flashalochic - Q\'s about tigerlight

That seems on par with the output from the 7 or so that I've seen.

It's a shame that you judge the projected spot at that distance. It is equivalent to using a .50 Barett on a dartboard. Take that Tigerlight outside and point the beam at an object 50 yards away. That is where this light lives.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

welcome to the board!

both dan and tigerlight are great!!!

SilverFox

Flashaholic

Hello chr00t,

You must have the generation 3 bulb in your light. It looks a little lopsided on the wall, but my generation 1 bulb looks realy strange. I find that once I am outside and looking at things other than the wall, the beam seems to smooth out and it works fine. From 10 to 50 yards and beyond, this light works very well.

I just received a generation 1 lamp assembly modified by Chris at flashlightlens.com. I have not had a chance to try it out yet, but it is suppose to smooth the beam out. Chris sprayed the reflector with a high temperature something to give it some texture. The cost of smoothing the beam out is a reduction in throw. I needed a replacement lamp assembly and figured it was $10 well spent.

Tom

Monsters_Inc

Banned

I see no batwings - I'm so jealous!
frown.gif
(I guess I got a gen 1 lamp too)

Anyway, enjoy your light chr00t. And yes, take it outside! It seems a waste for indoor purposes.

SilverFox

Flashaholic

Hello Onyx,

Don't sell the TigerLight short on indoor use.

I was taking my Quiqlite apart and dropped the button spring (black in color and small) on my dark blue carpet. Out came the TigerLight and the spring became quite visible.

Tom

Monsters_Inc

Banned

Maybe I gotta paint my walls in a colour other than white not to be dazzled by the light reflecting off them.
wink.gif

chr00t

Newly Enlightened

Alright, Thanks for the info. When i put tigerlight on recharger. 12 hours later, wow it appear more brighter. Let me take picture again and it is going be different than first post of beamshot.

Hello chr00t,

You must have the generation 3 bulb in your light. It looks a little lopsided on the wall, but my generation 1 bulb looks realy strange. I find that once I am outside and looking at things other than the wall, the beam seems to smooth out and it works fine. From 10 to 50 yards and beyond, this light works very well.

I just received a generation 1 lamp assembly modified by Chris at flashlightlens.com. I have not had a chance to try it out yet, but it is suppose to smooth the beam out. Chris sprayed the reflector with a high temperature something to give it some texture. The cost of smoothing the beam out is a reduction in throw. I needed a replacement lamp assembly and figured it was $10 well spent.

Tom
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

chr00t

Newly Enlightened

Onyx,

Good idea, I am gonna take picture outdoor with beamshot.
wink.gif

chr00t

Newly Enlightened

Enjoy beamshot from tigerlight 8" with full charged battery!

tigerlight1.jpg

sorry, I was shiver COLD outside. It's about 50 yards away.
tigerlight2.jpg

100 yards across street with lights but can see the beamshot.
tigerlight3.jpg

tried make clear shot without shaking cold outside. I wasnt wear warm jacket :-\
tigerlight4.jpg

tigerlight5.jpg

this is better clear beamshot.
tigerlight6.jpg

tried take picture of bulb and i felt not want disassemble the tigerlight's head to take the picture of bulb. I'll take picture later on.

SilverFox

Flashaholic

Hello chr00t,

Your 50 and 100 yard shots demonstrate what the TigerLight is all about. Nice beam pattern.

Now go inside and get a warm coat.

Tom

Monsters_Inc

Banned

chr00t, I admire your dedication - you went outside in the shivering cold just to take pics to post here for us!

I see your TL has the obligatory scratches on the lens from the factory.
wink.gif

What's your serial number? Mine's 001009078 (trying to determine when the 'nice' lamps came out)

chr00t

Newly Enlightened

thanks, I will take picture of 100 yards without the light interfere (street light). Where the place near ocean shore has no light. I will go there and take picture of beamshot see how it goes.

Hello chr00t,

Your 50 and 100 yard shots demonstrate what the TigerLight is all about. Nice beam pattern.

Now go inside and get a warm coat.

Tom

chr00t

Newly Enlightened

Thanks Onyx. My tigerlight serial is 001009088

Is that bad being scratched on the lens?

chr00t, I admire your dedication - you went outside in the shivering cold just to take pics to post here for us!

I see your TL has the obligatory scratches on the lens from the factory.

What's your serial number? Mine's 001009078 (trying to determine when the 'nice' lamps came out)

Monsters_Inc

Banned

Woah, if the serial numbers were ordered, yours is only 10 units later than mine! Yet your beam looks much more "full" and artifact free. Mine looks like a UFO - it's slightly oval, with the bluging sides having the batwings shadows.

As for the lens scratches - that's why there's flashlightlens.com /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

flashlightlens

Newly Enlightened

Of the two new TL's I've personally seen, both have had a few scratches on the lens and also a lot of dust in the reflector.

For the reflector dust, be very careful when trying to remove it. I would start with compressed air. If that doesn't clear it, BE CAREFUL. Use a VERY soft bristle brush - preferably one meant for cleaning photographic negatives. The coating on these reflectors practically scratches when you blow air onto them - VERY SENSITIVE.

Chris

Deviant

Enlightened

the beam looks exceptionally white, or is it your camera colour correction?

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast

You sure that isn't a pic of a X2R 5 watt Luxeon (/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif) you secret bought from Lumileds?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

chr00t

Newly Enlightened

Gila-

It is not colour correction. I used digital camera with "AUTO" and maybe you can help me what should set up the colour correction on the camera. Let me know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif