VIZ 35 - Cordless Rechargeable LED

DIWdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
3500 lumens from 10W would exceed the maximum theoretically possible output. Given that the very best current LEDs are around half that, this is by far the biggest red flag.

There is a single LED that could provide this much light: http://www.digikey.com/product-deta...2727235-VQ2-g-VQ6-33700763115-VQ15-1t1-VQ16-c

Note the price is $93 at 1000 pcs. And it takes 70W to achieve that output level. At 50 lm/W, that's pretty poor efficacy by today's standards. Cree's efficacy is better, but their highest-output LED (MT-G) tops out just below 2000 lm without being overdriven.

Certainly there are emitters with much higher lumen outputs, but they are large arrays of LEDs and are not conducive to focused beams. Even the MT-G is an array, and is harder to focus tightly than the Luminus, or other Cree products that are single-die emitters.

So yeah,
They are experts in manipulating with people

DIWdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh yeah, I meant to mention, these might still be really nice lights, even if you consider the actual specs, if you could ever determine what they actually were.

But I wouldn't believe a word they said. And I wouldn't expect high quality, good reliability, long service life, attention to detail, good customer service, etc from a vendor that opens with a lie. I would want to see a trustworthy review (or three) before I'd buy a thing like this.

MAD23

Newly Enlightened
7 amps each, maybe. Where do you buy your 21,000 mAh 18650 cells? That's what they'd need to reach their 3+ hour burn time.

Obviously talking to somethingfire would work :nana:

mikews

Newly Enlightened
I think we all missed the asterix after the lumens and with small letters. " * Lum/Lux test conducted at 5'/2m and center of beam "

Maybe the lens focus much stronger in the spot so we assume that gives more lumens?

Last edited:

DIWdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, I didn't miss the asterix. Lumens are measured across the whole beam, and are not dependent on distance, while lux are measured at a point and are dependent on distance. More evidence of imaginative marketing, in case you needed more.

DIWdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Obviously talking to somethingfire would work :nana:

They've disappointed me one too many times. I think maybe I'll try somethingelsefire this time. They have a couple of products that look really promising ;).

I hope 350xfire doesn't get caught up in this mockery. He'e the real thing. Perhaps an unfortunate choice of names given the way the industry developed.