• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

McGizmo Aqua series with trits

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aloha all,

I'd like to glue a few trits to the back of my aquaram since there is a large circle of ti just asking for company (where the switch would normally be located on the terra series). I'm looking for ideas, so please post up pics of your aquaram or aquamule with trits.

Mahalo!

Last edited:

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would be great to have some shaped to fit in the attachment holes. Looking forward to see what people have come up with.

easilyled

Flashaholic
These flat tritium discs would need to be custom machined to the correct diameter for the AquaRams.

It may be possible to commission a run of these from a machinist if there is sufficient demand.

I'd certainly be interested in two for my Aquarams.

Trip Miller

Enlightened
I have not seen any pics yet of any. Looking back on this thread I have not counted how many Aqua lights there are out there, but it does not seem like there are a lot at this point so I wonder if we would have enough folks to commission a run of "flat disc" trits...

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
A flat disk tritium vial would be too easy to crush IMO, wouldn't want one on a flashlight. Offers too much surface to take a hit and crack. Just my opinion.

easilyled

Flashaholic
A flat disk tritium vial would be too easy to crush IMO, wouldn't want one on a flashlight. Offers too much surface to take a hit and crack. Just my opinion.

I can visualize a design for a thick disc with a recessed slot that would make cracking the vial very unlikely.

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
A metal disk with a tritium pocket machined would definitely offer the protection.
I was referring to a disc shaped tritim vial, if they even exist which I don't think so btw.

a titanium button with a slot is definitely doable, and safe, like it's been done for the spy 007 in the past.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those buttons are the way togo! I would be in for one of the 6 trit rigs! That would be nice. Perhaps with a "diamond" etch? Hopefully one of the members with the skills or contacts could commission a small run of these.

Edit, Those ones for the Spy look like they would almost fit.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
For what it is worth, I have been using high quality industrial silicone glue, and they are set in and are crystal clear, not to mention vibration proof.

Much more resistant, and resilient to daily use of bumps drops, etc. plus you can remove the Trits. easy if one goes bad.

This is from my own experiments conducted at our secret, undisclosed location in our Plush-well-lit-high-tech-heavily-decorated-ornate-luxury offices, studio and Lab. In the sub, sub, sub, sub basement. My private offices are on the top floors of the beautiful Redway Building, a wonderful Skyscraper--very futuristic building.

I have my 50,000 square foot suite of apartments on four upper floors. Which I only use a few times a year as I do not spend too much time in Seattle. I prefer the Palm Springs desert or our majestic home in Beverly Hills.

And, all seems well to date for the silicone! Hear this, I do believe Norland is wonderful, and has it's place for the install of Trit. Vials.

Good luck, and sincere wishes,

Redled

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Clear Silicone? Very cool idea. I think I am going try that one. Never thought of it. How about air bubbles? That seems to plague me every time I try mounting trits.

According to my cheap calipers, the inside measures around 16.80mm and 6.48 deep.

I will save my Norland for my Tain Thud project. But, I have to measure the Ram and see what color I want. I like the idea of implanting trits in silicone! Not to mention, it probably feels good too! :devil:

Footnote: I just picked up a TerraPak from Don last week along with some 1/4 etched clips. I wanted to have options with my AquaRam. But, just to comment on the transaction. Don is 1st Class all the way! I am not sure how he knew to trust me, but he shipped my package out BEFORE I paid him! WOW! That floored me. It was my first transaction with him and won't be the last. I even gifted the funds just because of how he handled it on his end.

That may not sound like much, but I have been burned a few times in this and other hobbies with the menacing Gift feature. <--by my own stupidity and thoughts that everyone is sorta honest with their descriptions.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Ha ha, good idea with Norland! Someone buy about 10-15 trits all different colors, drop em in to the tail then just top off with Norland! Bet it would look awesome...