Nitecore TM series Handle Kit

ven

Flashaholic
Ordered a few week back now and came today at work,nice little box,soft foam padding inside. Liked the idea from when Rich posted about it not too long back so thought i would order one for my tm15

Allen key,3x screws,handle and body mount(2 screws already fitted in mount to clamp)

Foam padding to protect light=good

Fit mount

Drop the 3 screws in place and hold over mount.............great for sausage fingers :laughing:

On

Comfy handle,lot better than the niwalker on the nova

Now as i lock the light out with around 10mm of twist it depends on where you align handle......

What i found when directly lined up with power switch,it was awkward(not impossible) just not the best to access button and change modes etc.

So with a slight off set,easy mode change and then back to carry or mode change in use is no issue with other hand.

In use,left hand to change mode(only have 2 hands so no pic of that :laughing:

PROS
-comfy handle to hold for longer use
-nicely made
- easy to fit/remove
-looks great(personal preference)

CONS

-Need to consider position of handle for changing modes as not that much room (for me anyway) under handle.
-Will not fit in holster with handle attached
- over priced imo
-Requires 2 hands to operate easy

Cheers ven:thumbsup:

ven

Flashaholic
Hi Roger ,welcome,i would love to model it on the tm26 and tm36 but unfortunately i dont have :laughing:

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice unboxing and installation photos, ven!
Looks like I'll be picking up a couple for my TM26 & TM36 in the near future. :)

ven

Flashaholic
Hi Jon,thank you for kind words,just a quick post and iphone pics unfortunately but as i say "its the thought that counts" :laughing:

;)

pm on way

Richwouldnt

Enlightened
I fitted mine to a Supfire L1 and it is a HUGE improvement over the original handle which is bent sheet metal, has it's open end towards the tail end of the light, is improperly positioned for proper light balance and way too short and thin for proper grasping. The size and positioning of the original L1 handle made for a very awkward and uncomfortable handle compared to the new one.

The handle will fit a lot of "soupcan" lights such as the SupFire M6 and L1, SkyRay King and clones in addition to the Nitecore TM lights it was designed for. Pretty much any light with a 50mm outside diameter battery tube.

Last edited:

Neilbenecke

Newly Enlightened
I have had my kits for awhile now and what I landed up doing was getting two for each one that can use at random and one which I have the NHM 10 mounted on a an NBP 52 so as to have all the options. And woow for my purposes esp heat cos I have to use the turbo and next level down it has revolutionized my research Ability, you know how it's got the padding on the inside and then I found in some boxes that arrived there was a spare fleecy stick on for the interior which is kinda hit and miss its so nice having it not scratch up your monster or if you have the NBP 52s there's a little tight spot so I was playing around placing the handle on the NBP 52 cos I got a number of spares batteries and they started coming with a free turbo charger.

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

Neilbenecke

Newly Enlightened
Damm thing sent but I was gonna say how much fun it was playing with the mount in opposite directions on the NBP 52 cos quite honestly it works virtually equally well except if you do run 4-5 hours on the highest you an get out of it then you want you hand as far from the head as possible. Will say this though my nitecore source had me run an experiment on the Tm26 3800 with a high powered fan I almost got almost 3 straight hours on turbo without a step down not one time, another interesting fact is how the battery has an incredible technology in how it deals with heat, the same test this time with out a cooling process the battery stayed remarkably cool and didn't step down from level 4 and the back of the battery was not blistering hot at all
Now with NHM 10 mount all I can say spectacular it's a must have if you can.

ven

Flashaholic
Just be careful Neil,always check the heat by hand on the light as if its too hot to hold its too hot! simple as that. Handle sure makes for easy carry,the tm15 can run outside for the 20 mins(before step down)but it gets warm,i always keep an eye(hand) on it:) Damage can be done running them too warm for long periods:thumbsup:

Neilbenecke

Newly Enlightened
Mmmm didnt put that "simple but true" fact into the equation, thanks for bring that up, don't wanna damage anything for the sake of proving a point , good lord you know there's nothing nitecore that comes cheap